PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolutions.

Asha
01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
My resolutions are to :

Stay quit smoking.
Drink no more than once per week, and no more than 13 units.
Work out every single day, and visit the gym for a strong work out 3 times per week. Get Buff.
Concentrate on things I neglect like guitar and artwork.
Less time online.

Since 00:00 on 01/01/08 Ive managed:

To take up smoking.
I haven't really stopped drinking with friends each night since Xmas.
Work out maybe 2 times a week if I feel like it. Been once to the gym and gave up after 30mins.
I haven't given any time to guitar or artwork.
Spent about 4 hrs a day online at least.

It's going really well I think.
New years resolutions are a right waste of time.

Fallen
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I cannot remember mine. I believe I was drunk/hung over when I made them.

Asha
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
:lol: You got the right idea

Daniel
01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
1. Work out more
- Went last night and am sore. It's been a long ass time so I need to break my self into a routine again. Looking at gym memberships now.
2. Become closer with my cousin who is the same age as I.
- Hung out on new years and had dinner the next day. Talked on the phone a couple of times

I've also given in and started smoking. yay.

Stanley Burrell
01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I just vowed not to wait until January 1st every single year to start having an epiphany.

I will also not spell epiphany "epiphone." Too much iPhone brainwashing. And I vow not to buy an iPhone.

Done.

Sean of the Thread
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Vowed to ease off the half a 1.75 of vodka I down a day. Which is going fine except I've been going out and drinking more during the day. But I've cut way back all said and done.. consumption is down.. grumpy bad attitude is up however.

Promised myself I'd get back into the gym everyday... blah blah blah... haven't been once since like Dec 18th.

Fuck it.

BigWorm
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I didn't plan on stopping smoking, but I got sick right before the New Year and haven't smoked since, so I figured I might as well go with it. I was never much of a smoker though, maybe 1.5-2 packs a week tops.

Daniel
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I also bought an iphone as my self gift.

Asha
01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Heh so altogether we've so far managed to drink the same if not more but in different places instead of at home. To either start smoking, increase existing habits or simply cut down to casual smoker instead of professional.

I'm glad not just me is finding the gym a killer. I couldn't believe I found lifting 12lbs 10 times with each bicep curl hard. Don't let's mention the ab machine. It's only been about 3 months since I left off my old program. (which was shit tbh)
Fuck it. I'll properly start Saturday.

Daniel
01-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I mean I haven't worked out consistently in a year and a half and that's still pretty sad.

Parkbandit
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I also bought an iphone as my self gift.

Shoulda waited until after their Expo. I heard iPhoneII is on it's way.

Stanley Burrell
01-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah. I'll probably buy an iProduct.

Asha
01-08-2008, 04:14 PM
No iPhone, no way.

BigWorm
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
3G iPhone should be sweet, but I'm happy with my Treo 680p for now

Daniel
01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Shoulda waited until after their Expo. I heard iPhoneII is on it's way.

Well, if it takes as long as the original iphone to come out then I'll be alright.

Sean of the Thread
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I couldn't believe I found lifting 12lbs 10 times with each bicep curl hard.

Uh wow. I haven't done a curl in 6 months at least and I still use 40lb dumbells.

You sir are a weeeeeeaaaakling.

Stanley Burrell
01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
<<Ash>>

Curl first and then run, or else you're like "Fuggit. I just ran, I can't curl now. This thug ain't even rockin' no Jerry curls now."

I know you say that. With a British accent.

Asha
01-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Uh wow. I haven't done a curl in 6 months at least and I still use 40lb dumbells.

You sir are a weeeeeeaaaakling.
IM TOO BUSY SCARRING MYS3LF TO GET GUNZ!!! :(
lol

<<Ash>>

Curl first and then run, or else you're like "Fuggit. I just ran, I can't curl now. This thug ain't even rockin' no Jerry curls now."

I know you say that. With a British accent.

It's so accurate it's frightening B.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm still smoke free after quitting on Dec 22nd or so. Woohoo!

Asha
01-08-2008, 06:01 PM
What did you smoke and how much?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Camel Lights and about a pack every 4 days.

Gan
01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I made a new years resolution to never make new years resolutions again.

So far its working out pretty well.

Asha
01-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Camel Lights and about a pack every 4 days.

That's exactly the same as what I was doing before I quit for about 6 months.
Tbh it's pretty to kick them when you're on that many it's just when you have a drink it's really hard to stay quit. And it's just gone that time of year that encourages drinking.

I'll nail it again though. Not gonna get into the habit once again properly.
But God those Cam Lights do really taste that good lol.

Gambler010
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
You know what they say about smoking Lights

Sean of the Thread
01-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm up to a pack of camel reg filters a day again.

Yay me.

Asha
01-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Over here filters means well fag fags.

Nauriel
01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Heh so altogether we've so far managed to drink the same if not more but in different places instead of at home. To either start smoking, increase existing habits or simply cut down to casual smoker instead of professional.

I'm glad not just me is finding the gym a killer. I couldn't believe I found lifting 12lbs 10 times with each bicep curl hard. Don't let's mention the ab machine. It's only been about 3 months since I left off my old program. (which was shit tbh)

huh..my new years resolution is to not make comments about wimpy and weak English :D

....actually I think my real one was to not actually make any because its all BS. I did eat my black-eyed peas on new years day though :lol:

Asha
01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
DIE! :(

stallion4
01-17-2008, 10:02 PM
My resolution was to get back into the gym and get back to somewhere near my old form. Used to do lifting competitions to keep me interested but I stopped when it got too expensive to travel to them. It's nice to get back into shape. I usually go 3-5 times a week and I've felt great from it. I figure that's reason enough to not make a resolution along the lines of sacrificing my terrible bad habits. :)

Alfster
01-18-2008, 08:13 AM
I quit smoking on January 13th

Smoked 1-2 packs a day 3-4 if I drank

Instead, I picked up chewing + nicotine patches

Haha, oh well at least the dreams are nifty cool on the patch.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-18-2008, 08:43 AM
I still haven't smoked, but I've been drinking like a mo fo.

Daniel
01-18-2008, 09:24 AM
I broke up with my girlfriend.

wee.

Drew2
01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
My resolution is to enter into a HEALTHY relationship with someone rather than this bullshit that has been going on for the past 2 years.

Fuck Brad.

Asha
01-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Working out at the gym 4 times a week. Good diet.
But since it was my birthday I've stopped getting wrecked as well.
Gonna go out and celebrate it tonight though, after that it's straight edge all the way.

Ilvane
01-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Well, I stuck to my last years resolution to lose weight. Still working on the last 40 or so pounds, but I have accomplished a lot last year.(I won't say how much, but it was a lot)

Working on doing more to reduce stress in my life, which was mostly my resolution for this year, and so far no dice..School is stressful, but at least I'm working towards doing more what I would like to be doing in my life.

Angela

Hulkein
01-18-2008, 12:52 PM

Haha, that is pretty bad. If you really want to get bigger and don't have the time/drive to work out often don't waste your time doing curls. Doing back workouts will work your biceps enough, and chest will work your tris. Trust me, doing curls in your house a couple times a week isn't going to ever do anything so don't even waste your time (I'm assuming you're naturally skinny like me). Either go to the gym for an hour to 1 1/2 hours of big muscle group workouts or don't bother imo.

Asha
01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I've been hitting the wieghts and machines pretty hard this last few weeks and I've been doing ok. But yeah, the curls seem to do nothing so I just held those weights while doing sit ups.

Doing back workouts will work your biceps enough, and chest will work your tris. Yeah I found that. And I'm pretty much exactly the same build as you, but a little squidgier in some places. :(

And 1 hr every other day is the best I can do right now. I'm not fit.
Cheers man.

Hulkein
01-18-2008, 01:16 PM
One hour every other day is close to ideal if you're working the right muscle groups. Muscle growth/recovery is slower for naturally skinny people, going every day isn't necessarily beneficial unless you have a perfect diet and are supplementing almost perfectly.

TheEschaton
01-18-2008, 02:52 PM
My goal was, since I don't have a class before 2 pm, to actually wake up at my normal time (7 am) and actually using the free gym in my building in the mornings. I was down to 175 (at an even 6') after the Peace Corps, and I wanted to get back to that weight, which isn't where I am now.

Instead, WoW has thrown a huge kink in that plan - I've shifted my whole schedule forward, waking up at 12, going to school at 1, finishing school by 7....and then playing WoW til like midnight. Then, catch up on shows I had to DVR because I was playing WoW. Go to sleep at 2, can't sleep because I'm dreaming of fucked up trolls and shit.

God, this WoW thing isn't gonna be good.

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
You could always use coke to wean yourself off of WoW and lose weight at the same time. It's a win-win!

Hulkein
01-18-2008, 03:02 PM
My goal was, since I don't have a class before 2 pm, to actually wake up at my normal time (7 am) and actually using the free gym in my building in the mornings. I was down to 175 (at an even 6') after the Peace Corps, and I wanted to get back to that weight, which isn't where I am now.

Instead, WoW has thrown a huge kink in that plan - I've shifted my whole schedule forward, waking up at 12, going to school at 1, finishing school by 7....and then playing WoW til like midnight. Then, catch up on shows I had to DVR because I was playing WoW. Go to sleep at 2, can't sleep because I'm dreaming of fucked up trolls and shit.

God, this WoW thing isn't gonna be good.

-TheE-

Hahaha. When do you read for class? Although my grades from last semester proved that you don't necessarily have to read to get B's. I'm on the fence as to whether I should take that to mean I should slack the rest of the way or work and graduate with a pretty good GPA.

TheEschaton
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh, in that six hours, I usually only have like 1-2 hours of class. I have four classes this semester, and have it worked out that I have 1 class on MTWF, and two on Th, one of which is Trial PRactice, which equals no reading. And of my four classes, three only meet once a week.

The latter half of law school is gonna be breezy.

Though I'm giving up on the idea of ever possibly having more than a B+ average, so that helps.

-TheE-

diethx
01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
You could always use coke to wean yourself off of WoW and lose weight at the same time. It's a win-win!

Lame advice. Go with meth instead, it's much more efficient.