PDA

View Full Version : Characters for Sale

Aethor
12-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Quitting the game after a long time and all my characters are for sale

chacter 1 --- SOLD
mage

chacracter 2
Name: ***** Race: Elf Profession: Ranger (shown as: Gamesman)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 87 (18) ... 87 (18)
Constitution (CON): 57 (3) ... 54 (2)
Dexterity (DEX): 91 (25) ... 91 (25)
Agility (AGI): 77 (28) ... 77 (28)
Discipline (DIS): 75 (-3) ... 75 (-3)
Aura (AUR): 77 (18) ... 77 (18)
Logic (LOG): 65 (7) ... 65 (7)
Intuition (INT): 97 (23) ... 97 (23)
Wisdom (WIS): 79 (14) ... 79 (14)
Influence (INF): 34 (2) ... 34 (2)
Mana: 65 Silver: 0
Working on COL and has store in Illistim with aethor whiteaxe as partner, comes with everything in shops and locker, comes with all gear, no fixskills, skills on request account also has 18 erithian bard
MB: 75.00 cash
CB: 10m by Bluesmith on PC
BO: 175 cash or 18m in silvers

character 3 --

Name:(***** ******* Race: Giant Profession: Cleric (shown as: Patriarch)
Strength (STR): 100 (40) ... 100 (40)
Constitution (CON): 83 (26) ... 83 (26)
Dexterity (DEX): 71 (5) ... 71 (5)
Agility (AGI): 70 (5) ... 70 (5)
Discipline (DIS): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Aura (AUR): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
Logic (LOG): 91 (15) ... 91 (15)
Intuition (INT): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Wisdom (WIS): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Influence (INF): 81 (20) ... 81 (20)
Mana: 266 Silver: 440

character working on COL, character has lease on Wndurs SHop and lease on Psiodons shop in landing, all items in lockers and all items in his shops come with character, no fixskills, skills on request, Bane caster after 7.63m conversion, has numerous other characters on same account, no transfer take whole account, premium with like 600 pp's. Hunts Rift, OTF ducts and WL bowels relatively easy. 550 DS and 400 CS
character has 6x wall shield, 4x decent damage padded double leathers, and couple nice alters. added: Also has very nice house on teras
MB: 100 Cash
CB: 150 by Beldonn on PC
BO: 550 Cash or 64m in silvers

chacracter 4 --
Name: ***** Race: Human Profession: Warrior (shown as: Fencer)
Strength (STR): 85 (22) ... 85 (22)
Constitution (CON): 84 (17) ... 84 (17)
Dexterity (DEX): 90 (20) ... 90 (20)
Agility (AGI): 95 (22) ... 95 (22)
Discipline (DIS): 80 (15) ... 80 (15)
Aura (AUR): 60 (5) ... 60 (5)
Logic (LOG): 83 (21) ... 83 (21)
Intuition (INT): 89 (24) ... 89 (24)
Wisdom (WIS): 64 (7) ... 64 (7)
Influence (INF): 45 (-2) ... 45 (-2)
Mana: 27 Silver: 0

Master COL, 3x PT and wears Hauberk, on own account, come with everything including silvers, 50 ranks tackle 20 beserk, and numbers other skills in guild, excellent hunter on his own

MB: 75 Cash
CB:
BO: 200 Cash or 22m in silvers

All cash will be sent Western Union, as soon as i recieve payment i will release to you, the security answer on account, please feel free to aim me at bbwhited, thanks and have a wonderful life. Unless bids meet or exceed buyout price characters will not be sold.

Asha
12-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Take the names off dude. Good price on the cleric man.

Aethor
12-29-2007, 10:14 AM
someone asked for locker contents and shop inventory and 80 clerics skills so here they are.

80 clerics skills:

****** (at level 80), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 58 12
Shield Use.........................| 182 82
Brawling...........................| 177 77
Physical Fitness...................| 102 24
Arcane Symbols.....................| 148 48
Magic Item Use.....................| 140 40
Harness Power......................| 199 99
Spirit Mana Control................| 165 65
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 165 65
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 160 60
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 93 21
Survival...........................| 152 52
Perception.........................| 181 81
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 150 50
First Aid..........................| 219 119

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 40

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 40

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 97

Kavey
12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I bid 100 on the wizard

Kavey
12-29-2007, 06:57 PM
And if anyone gets the wizard and wants I will trade a 46 warrior and a little cash for him.. I want him back.. wish I never sold him and hate to see him change hands yet again. Thanks

Beldonn
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll offer 125 on the cleric

Aethor
12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
bump

Sthrockmorton
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
$137.50 on the cleric

Beldonn
12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
lol Kontii. 150/15mil equiv on the cleric.

Beldonn
12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
leave him 'lone Kontii! I want 'im so I can hunt wit my friends in bowels! /laughs. me 50s pally dont quite cut it against Jarls hahaha.

Sthrockmorton
12-31-2007, 01:05 AM
heh, I won't fight ya Beldonn. he's all yours ;) I'm sure you'll put em to good use

Lomoriond
12-31-2007, 03:32 AM
Unless bids meet or exceed buyout price characters will not be sold.

I can't believe the low price on this auction has prevented the trolls from ripping this to shreds yet...

C'mon... hollow minimum bids, private bidders and western union only?

Go trolls go!

Sthrockmorton
12-31-2007, 04:47 AM
All cash will be sent Western Union, as soon as i recieve payment i will release to you, the security answer on account, please feel free to aim me at bbwhited, thanks and have a wonderful life. Unless bids meet or exceed buyout price characters will not be sold.

Didn't notice the last line on that until now. :rofl:

Lomoriond
12-31-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm grabbing some popcorn and waiting for this one to go the way of the zimzum

crazymage
12-31-2007, 08:37 AM
I can't believe the low price on this auction has prevented the trolls from ripping this to shreds yet...

Go trolls go!

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dcr0354l.jpg

Aethor
12-31-2007, 08:45 AM

Go trolls go!

http://www.golfclubibar.com/img/antifraud.jpg
The reason for western union only, is cause i do not have a paypal account , of course you want to send me a check and wait 14 days for it to clear, or you might wish to send me a wire transfer directly to my bank, and wait 5 days for it to clear, now western union seems to be the fastest and most complete way for me to recieve my money and you to recieve what you have outbid everyone else on. Seems fair eh, no fraud here! And any fraud concerns should be addressed to me at bwhited@stjoelive.com

Lomoriond
12-31-2007, 09:50 AM
http://www.golfclubibar.com/img/antifraud.jpg
The reason for western union only, is cause i do not have a paypal account , of course you want to send me a check and wait 14 days for it to clear, or you might wish to send me a wire transfer directly to my bank, and wait 5 days for it to clear, now western union seems to be the fastest and most complete way for me to recieve my money and you to recieve what you have outbid everyone else on. Seems fair eh, no fraud here! And any fraud concerns should be addressed to me at bwhited@stjoelive.com

Oh man, he has an anti fraud statement in bold, he MUST be legit.

Western union is also the very very best way for you to walk away with the money and not transfer the character without worrying about retribution... With paypal you get a minor level of buyer protection, smaller fees and the funds can clear instantly... and then you can still export them directly into your bank account.

Fact is, we don't know you from a hole in the ground... The name Aethor carries a little clout, but so does the name Zimzum, and we know how well that turned out.

Has anyone looked at this guy's forums? The only person (other than himself) to post on those forums is... HIM... he created a second account (note the AIM name) to post on his own forums, even though no one posts on them to begin with.

Low post count, private bidders, western union only, arbitrary MBs, empty buyouts, suspiciously deceptive activity on his otherwise barren forums...

Sorry, this whole thing smells like a particularly putrescent pile of wet cat shit... I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until the anti fraud statement... now I'm just laughing my ass off.

At this point, I'd only be willing to bid if I could take delivery BEFORE payment.

Xaerve
12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't touch these characters with a 10 foot pole.

1) All of these characters have been locked out at least once, and I believe twice. They just came back from a ban (They were all locked out for AFK scripting).

2) Aethor has one of the worst reps that I know of, currently, for ripping people off/stealing accounts/general shadiness.

3) There is absolutely no reason he cannot set up a Paypal account. I'd never send someone with his reputation via Western Union.

If for some reason you *HAVE* to purchase one of his characters, I'd 100% transfer it to a new account. DO NOT take over one of his old accounts, etc. Its your money, best of luck.

Gan
12-31-2007, 11:47 AM
FYI

Wire transfers do not take 5 days to clear. They are considered immediate and good funds because all wires are routed through the Federal Reserve as the intermediary from bank to bank.

When you initate a wire transfer you are given a fed ref number. On busy days it can take up to 1 hour to clear, other times its within 15 minutes of initiation. Just be careful of the fees that banks will charge you for wiring, they can get expensive.

My advice to Aethor is set up a paypal account and handle the sale that way. I've never been ripped off by Aethor but my only transaction was for silvers (bought a low level bard about a year ago for loresinging). If a potential customer doesnt feel safe about the transaction then they usually wont enter into it. (Caveat emptor)

Allereli
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Unless bids meet or exceed buyout price characters will not be sold.

Should the BOs be the minimum bid then?

Sean of the Thread
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm not certain but I think I've dealt with a bbwhited something or other before via pay pal. Hmmmmmmmm fishy?

That and his forum is called Http://forum.goneb4uknowit.com rofl

buyer beware.

Aethor
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
At this point, I'd only be willing to bid if I could take delivery BEFORE payment.

Evidentally you didnt read the last line on the advertisement. hrm...

which in a sense means you get the account information, you send me my money, then while im waiting for my money, you play up a storm on your new account and character, and then i go pick up my money, and then come back home, and then send you the security word via aim, then and only then will you get your secuirty word, so i dont get screwed outta my character while you change the password and everything else while im gone, hence cancelling your western union payment, do we understand each other now? NOW bid or get the hell out of the way

Aethor
12-31-2007, 12:22 PM
2) Aethor has one of the worst reps that I know of, currently, for ripping people off/stealing accounts/general shadiness.

I dont know how you can say this Xaerve, i have traded a few character with you for in game silvers and we have never once had a problem

Sthrockmorton
12-31-2007, 12:25 PM

Why even bid if its not the BO?

Sean of the Thread
12-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Wow this guy is a digging himself a hole.

Xaerve
12-31-2007, 01:15 PM
I dont know how you can say this Xaerve, i have traded a few character with you for in game silvers and we have never once had a problem

Nice try, but I've never once done business with you. Several of my friends have told me about the shit you pull.

Again, Buyer Beware.

FinisWolf
12-31-2007, 02:00 PM
DO NOT take over one of his old accounts, etc. Its your money, best of luck.

In case you were unaware, the warn/ban follows the char, not the account. As it was explained to me by feedback. I had purchased a set of three char's awhile back and found this out both from feedback and from a couple GM's that I talked to.

What was amusing is the char hadn't been played in three years, not even turned on in those three years, and yet it had it's ability to report turned off because of the crap the original owner had pulled.

Finis

Bobmuhthol
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
lawl

Drunken Durfin
12-31-2007, 03:56 PM
What was amusing is the char hadn't been played in three years, not even turned on in those three years, and yet it had it's ability to report turned off because of the crap the original owner had pulled.

Now that is odd. They will ban an entire account if one character on it is caught AFK scripting over and over, but if the character is sold and on another account, with different billing info, the black marks follows them. Seems like a bit of a double standard.

Bobmuhthol
12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
It's not much of a double standard at all when you consider that selling characters is supposed to be a violation of whatever rule, the one that nobody ever enforces.

AestheticDeath
12-31-2007, 04:17 PM
and yet you talk of another double standard... they 'dont like' and it 'shouldnt happen'

Yet all the time they transfer the same characters around over and over and over... I mean really, beyond selling, how often would anyone need to move a character to another account? Especially if that account isn't theirs?

They are purposely allowing it. No matter what someone might say elsewhere.

Crazy Bard
12-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Everyone stop cock blocking please

...On the flip side. Is it just me or is the cleric lvl 81 in the first post, and lvl 80 in the second?

Bobmuhthol
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM
But it would be a blatant contradiction for them (ie., bad business practice) to simultaneously be anti-character selling and pro-character selling -- there's no rule saying rules have to be enforced, and Simu loves to take advantage of it.

Aethor
12-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Everyone stop cock blocking please

...On the flip side. Is it just me or is the cleric lvl 81 in the first post, and lvl 80 in the second?

i raised someone with the caracter and he has since leveled
to level 81

Zentoph
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
I skipped some of the bullshit in this thread but why the fuck would you list a price lower then the buyout as the MB if you won't sell it?

FinisWolf
12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
It's not much of a double standard at all when you consider that selling characters is supposed to be a violation of whatever rule, the one that nobody ever enforces.

If it was truly a violation, they would not allow the transfer of characters without proof that you are moving it to another of your own accounts. Thus, it is not a rule, or a violation.

Finis

FinisWolf
12-31-2007, 05:34 PM
I skipped some of the bullshit in this thread but why the fuck would you list a price lower then the buyout as the MB if you won't sell it?

I have to agree. As do several here. They were just more subtle with the question. Still no answer though. Doesn't make sense to me, but it is Aethor's auction.

Finis

Kavey
12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I will vouch for aethor... he bought a character from me and I met him in person when I was in his area and he paid without issue.. and this was a year ago and he had no paypal at that time to send money either. I have also done some stuff with him since and he had every opportunity to steal an account from me and didnt. I wouldnt worry about him.. he is straightforward.. sometimes an ass but I dont think he would cheat anyone.

FinisWolf
12-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Just a note, I am not siding one way or another regarding Aethor's character. Seeing as I do not know said individual, it would be silly for me to pick a side.

Finis

Lomoriond
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Evidentally you didnt read the last line on the advertisement. hrm...

which in a sense means you get the account information, you send me my money, then while im waiting for my money, you play up a storm on your new account and character, and then i go pick up my money, and then come back home, and then send you the security word via aim, then and only then will you get your secuirty word, so i dont get screwed outta my character while you change the password and everything else while im gone, hence cancelling your western union payment, do we understand each other now? NOW bid or get the hell out of the way

I understood your drivel just fine, it's you who is a bit mistaken... I apologize that my sarcasm has confused you, so let me reiterate:

Payment-before-delivery goes without saying for pretty much any GS cash sale you make. You're a bit of a doof if you fork over your goods without taking payment first (unless you really trust the merchant)

HOWEVER

Payment-before-delivery requires at least a tiny amount of credibility. Being western union only knocks you FAR away from that level of credibility, so all the other weirdness of your sale is really just proverbial [choice of topping] on proverbial [choice of animal feces]

Now pay attention cause here is where it gets tricky:
You have no credibility due to the wonkiness of your sales tactics and your rather imbecilic western-union only status. Therefore the only way I would deal with you would be to forgo the otherwise stock-standard payment-first of this type of deal, and go with a delivery-first stipulation before your greasy little fingers touch one cent of my money.

Do yourself a huge favor and get a verified paypal account if you want to be taken seriously as an online seller...

On a side note, I had no desire to bid on your shit to begin with... It was just a snide potshot at how fishy this all looks.

Bobmuhthol
12-31-2007, 08:30 PM
<<If it was truly a violation, they would not allow the transfer of characters without proof that you are moving it to another of your own accounts. Thus, it is not a rule, or a violation.>>

That's a fantastically shitty and inaccurate "if" you've got there. Speeding is a violation, but I've never had a speeding ticket.

FinisWolf
01-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Are you finally old enough to drive Bob?

Compare apples to oranges much?

Speeding does garner violations (tickets).

Selling / transfering characters does not garner violations.

Finis

thefarmer
01-01-2008, 05:10 AM
This thread makes me laugh.

Lysander
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
It could be that he wants to gauge the demand for his characters with a low MB. So say it missed his BO mark by 50 bucks he might just sell it for the lower price. ...But then why doesn't he just say he won't sell unless he's satisfied with the price?

Xaerve
01-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Furthermore, Aethor, why haven't you posted your characters on www.gsauctions.com like you have in the past?

Bobmuhthol
01-01-2008, 04:15 PM
<<Speeding does garner violations (tickets).

Selling / transfering characters does not garner violations.>>

Well, like I said, I've yet to get a speeding ticket.

The whole point is that a rule doesn't have to be enforced to be a rule. Why you're arguing plain fucking fact I don't understand.

I might as well throw this in here.

<<Are you finally old enough to drive Bob?>>

That would be a pretty fucking hilarious thing to say, if you weren't years late.

FinisWolf
01-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Bob while you have grown older on these boards, I can see that you still haven't grown up or matured past the argumentative terrible two's.

My argument makes perfect sense, and is extremely logical. Apparently something you can't seem to grasp. I empathize with you for your inability to do so.

Also, while policy may say one thing, it can be easily argued that they do in fact encourage it. Seeing as they have their nifty $15.00 transfer fee. To add to that, both parties involved must agree to the transfer.

Thus my argument stands. Transferring / selling characters is NOT something that is a violation. If it was, neither of the two things above would exist. it would be my opinion that the policy being discussed is one that needs to be re-written.

One last thing. I do understand what you are stating Bob. And I do know that you are an intelligent young man that understands my points. Of course I also know that you like to argue just to argue. So hopefully your knowing that I understand your point will be enough for you to concede that we are both correct in our own rights.

Finis

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
01-03-2008, 08:45 AM
RICK ROLLED!

Drunken Durfin
01-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Here is another little bit for the "it is not really against policy" stack. I just transferred my ranger to my prime account, since he is old enough to cast mobility on my main now, yay. This bit of text was at the bottom of the receiving account e-mail notification:

"** IMPORTANT! ** The sending account must also submit a transfer request for the transfer to occur. If the have not already done so, please direct them to the transfer form at:"

One of two things going on here:

A) They expect that the transfer is coming from another person.
B) They think I have a split-personality disorder and that I communicate with the other character's player through post-it notes that I leave on the monitor.

The only thing I see in the official Policy regarding Character Transfers has to do with changing online services, "Under no circumstances will Simutronics transfer an existing character from one online service to a different service." Which dates back to the AOL/Compuserv days. Not surprising that it has not been updated since I get this every time I log on "The Premium Verb has been updated as of November 2005!!!." The period after the exclamation points is a nice touch, no?

If anyone has any documentation regarding Simu's policy on selling characters I would like to see it. I would look for it myself, but I seem to have run out of post-it notes and need to make a quick run to Staples.

FinisWolf
01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Love the post it notes Durfin. :)

Finis

AestheticDeath
01-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, another thing you might be missing. They aren't against character transfers. They are against character sales. Others making money off their game. That would be their only loophole.

But even with that, they know damn well that the characters are being sold nine times out of ten.

FinisWolf
01-03-2008, 01:52 PM
/me agrees with AD.

Finis

diethx
01-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Well, another thing you might be missing. They aren't against character transfers. They are against character sales. Others making money off their game. That would be their only loophole.

But even with that, they know damn well that the characters are being sold nine times out of ten.

I don't think it's so much as they're "against" character sales as they "don't recognize, endorse, or protect those involved in" character sales. At least, that's what I heard from one of the billing reps last year when I called to verify something and he at first misunderstood the purpose of my call.

Crazy Bard
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
It's crazy how someone can screw the whole thread up, and change the topic.