PDA

View Full Version : silver-bound faintly glowing smoky glimaerstone wristcuff

LadyKhit
12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
I know this is from a past ebon's gate but I don't know what it is or does. I've searched Nilandia's post on the 2006 festival but find little information about it. Here's the loresong...can someone shed some light?

You remove a silver-bound faintly glowing smoky glimaerstone wristcuff from in your green leather knapsack.
J>loresing wristcuff in my hand;what is your value in this land?
You sing:

"Wristcuff in my hand
What is your value in this land?"

You learn nothing new about the wristcuff.

Roundtime: 7 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the glimaerstone wristcuff in your hand, and you learn something about it...

This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 80,000 silvers.

JR>loresing wristcuff in my hand;what is your properties in this land?
You sing:

"Wristcuff in my hand
What is your properties in this land?"

Roundtime: 8 sec.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the glimaerstone wristcuff in your hand, and you learn something about it...

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the wristcuff is as an implement for use by a mage or other spell-user.

JR>loresing wristcuff in my hand;what is your magic in this land?
You sing:

"Wristcuff in my hand
What is your magic in this land?"

You learn nothing new about the wristcuff.

J>loresing wristcuff in my hand;what is your abilities in this land?

Thanks,

Khit

B2
12-28-2007, 02:21 PM
This is one of the light-reactive glimaerstones that Jharra made. She originally sold them as Truthie on the Dhu Gillywack, but several were available in different shops over time.

She even wrote them into the play.net gem docs on glimaerstones, so even though she's gone, no one can actually take them over:

Although Winedotter gnomes are not noted for their jewelcraft, one Winedotter family living beneath Ta'Nalfein discovered a technique for enhancing the light of a glimaerstone. The source of these specially treated glimaerstones is not extensively known, and most outside Ta'Nalfein believe them to be elven work. This technique somehow quenches the natural glow within a glimaerstone and replaces it with a remarkable ability to absorb and multiply light. At their brightest degree, such "treated" glimaerstones will leave afterimages in the vision of those who look at them for too long. Regrettably, most of the family died in 5102 in a tragic accident involving an overturned candle and a remarkable quantity of excellent brandy, leaving only the eldest daughter alive. More regrettably still, this eldest daughter (commonly nicknamed Truthie) is apparently quite mad and utterly unwilling to take on an apprentice. Knowledgeable jewelers have been storing away treated glimaerstones in anticipation of the day when the source dries up.

If you cast 205, Light, at it, it will glow brightly. It also changes its description if you're outside, depending on the light.

It does not spam the room when the light description changes, unlike the forehead gems.

They are incompatible with the player shops, so you won't find any for sale there.

They're neat. They sell for 50k-250k typically.

LadyKhit
12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the information. It has been sitting in my locker for ages.

Khit

Celephais
12-28-2007, 03:24 PM
So could one be used to determine the lighting conditions of a room? Similar to rogue's sense?

If that's the case then I'd be interested in buying one.

Izalude
12-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I have an earcuff I'd be willing to sell.

Thing is though, I'd really like to purchase a head-worn, neckworn, or wristworn version of the same. Any chance you, or anyone else would be interested in selling?

7Seconds
12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
what does the earcuff look like?

Izalude
12-28-2007, 08:22 PM
a silver-set brightly shining lilac glimaerstone earcuff