PDA

View Full Version : Animal Companion... I need help

Summertime
12-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I seem to be failing miserably every time I try. Doesn't matter what type I try.. they leave after 5 minutes and I get hit with the 20m penalty.

Im in landing.. and figured the steps would be a good place to sit after I summon. I've tried general basic RP to increase affinity, feeding them sammiches, petting them, hugging them, smooching and kissing them.

NOTHING seems to work. They leave after 5 minutes, or if I try any kind of basic command.

Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong, and what do I NEED to be doing? I've tried searching, but haven't been able to locate a step-by-step guide for companions.

Hope someone can help.

Krendeli
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
There's a second step after you summon them. I just can't remember what it is. You need to befriend them or summon them again or something.

As far as i had ever known with my pet, all you had to do was be logged in and just sitting around with them. You never needed to interact, just sit still.

Trouble
12-27-2007, 12:41 PM
You need to use a certain verb. It's been a couple of years so I'm not sure, I think it's BEFRIEND. Maybe krakiipedia.org has a guide?

I know food types were important too at one point, like berries were more appropriate for my porcupine than some other types of food.

Daniel
12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Best way to get affinity, unless it's changed: Idle with your companion.

B2
12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
http://drfuturepast.com/GSIV/GECP/

Pick Summoning from the list on the left, she details it pretty thoroughly.