PDA

View Full Version : Parcell is working already

Dwarven Empath
12-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I heard 2 rumors on 103.7 sportstalk radio newengland today.

One is.

Dolphins pick to NYJ for Pennington and the 4th pick.

Second is.

Dolphins pick to the Browns for Anderson and Leigh Bodden

Seem the browns and the jets want Darren McFadden

I'd rather have the browns deal, since the jets are in the same division as the fins.

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I was going to make a crack about not being much of an improvement but really even a new towel boy is an improvement for Mia.

Drew
12-26-2007, 09:17 PM
The Dolphins don't need a quarterback and Parcells is stupid if he brings one in outside of FA. Anderson looked pretty good this year, but Beck has just as good an arm and is more mobile than him.

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Smorgy bork bork bork

chillmonster
12-27-2007, 01:53 PM
He was supposed to be comming to Atlanta.

Asshole

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
He was supposed to be comming to Atlanta.

Asshole

He made a wise decision.

chillmonster
12-27-2007, 03:03 PM
He made a wise decision.

Doesn't change the fact...

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Doesn't change the fact...

Doesn't change the fact that he can't do shit for your sinking ship.

Daniel
12-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Bears '08 baby.

Skeeter
12-27-2007, 04:23 PM
McMahon resign?

Daniel
12-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I have full faith that our organization will either draft or trade for a quality quarterback. And then its hurting time.

Anebriated
12-27-2007, 05:52 PM
what happened to Orton?

Skeeter
12-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I have full faith that our organization will either draft or trade for a quality quarterback. And then its hurting time.

I'm sure you're basing this on the Bears past history of QB selection.

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2007, 06:50 PM

Trent Dilfer 08'

Dwarven Empath
12-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm leaning to the Jets offer.

Then maybe Chris Long will be there on the 4th pick.

He'd learn alot from Jason Taylor.

Daniel
12-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm sure you're basing this on the Bears past history of QB selection.

Why, yes.

LMingrone
12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Parcells was a great coach. He really doesn't understant modern football. He's too old school. Players making 100 million dollars don't need another father. He might do better as a director though, and I think Miami is a good fit for his type of personality. He should have went to Atlanta though.

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Why goto Atlanta. It's about to be the worse franchise in the league for quite some time.

LMingrone
12-27-2007, 07:35 PM
You have an owner that you can convince to buy players you want. I think atlanta is a better market too.

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Why would you say it's a better market?

Just curious.

Drew
12-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I can't LOL enough at Atlanta being a better market. Frankly Miami is not a great market for team sports from a fan involvement perspective - too many immigrants - but for where players want to go, it's heaven. Atlanta is a terrible sports market, it has terrible fans, but on top of that it's a crappy landlocked city in Georgia.

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Atlanta is seriously.. and I mean seriously the worse city I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. EVER.

Oddly enough Miami is the second.

Skeeter
12-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Go to cleveland sometime.

Drew
12-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Phinsider on Derek Anderson, not saying I agree, but it's an interesting point:

Earlier today, a diary was made about the PFT rumor that said the Dolphins could very well be interested in Browns QB Derek Anderson once this offseason rolls around. Now, PFT mentions a Cleveland radio host as the source of this rumor. But this wasn't the only place I've heard this rumor. I can't remember if it was ESPNews or NFL Network but I was recently watching a show that also talked about how the Dolphins might make a play on Anderson in the offseason.

So what would it take to pry Anderson out of Cleveland? Since he's a restricted free agent, it will depend on how the Browns decide to handle the situation. In all likelihood, the Browns will at least make the highest tender offer, meaning any team who signs Anderson away from Cleveland will have to surrender their 1st and 3rd round pick. For the Dolphins, this is a ridiculously high price considering they have the #1 overall pick in April's draft.

Is Derek Anderson even worth it? This is something I wanted to decide. And first thing first, the only game I watched from start to finish with Anderson starting (besides the Dolphins/Browns game) was this past week's Browns/Bengals game. And Anderson did not look good at all, making some terrible decisions. The one thing I noticed was that Anderson stuggled mightily when under pressure. So with that in mind, I decided to look at his stats when under pressure (as defined by SI.com). I've compared his numbers to that of Miami's two current QBs, Cleo Lemon and John Beck.

Under Pressure Player Com/Att Pct Yds TD-Int Rating
Derek Anderson 19/59 32% 293 2-6 21.3
Cleo Lemon 16/41 39% 130 0-3 17.3
John Beck 5/17 29% 24 0-1 15.1

Hmmm...Anderson's numbers don't even make me confident enough to say he's even that much better than Cleo and John. Sure, you could look at his overall season and totals and call me crazy. After all, 3,600 yards and 28 touchdowns are nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure. But you need to consider the facts here. Anderson has two great talents in Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow to throw to and he's got a solid running game to keep the defense honest. Oh, and his offensive line has played very, very well all season long (which is why he has only 18 more pass attempts under pressure despite having 219 more total pass attempts). Maybe that could be why Anderson has put up the numbers that he has.

Still think Anderson is worth giving up the #1 overall pick? That's fine. Your entitled to your opinion. But here's one other statistical analysis to look at. Let's look at the percentage of inaccurate passes for each of the three quarterbacks:

*percentage based off of total pass attempts* Anderson Lemon Beck
Batted down at line 1.4% 2.8% 1.2%
Overthrown 7.3% 6% 4.7%
Underthrown 4.3% 3.5% 2.3%
Thrown wide 7.9% 9% 11.6%
Interceptions 3.5% 2.1% 3.5%
Bad pass percentage 24.5% 23.1% 23.3%

So what did we learn? Well, first of all, we learned that if Beck could just stop throwing so many passes wide of the receiver, he could have a much better completion percentage. Now getting back to the topic, I think this here shows all I need to know about Derek Anderson. If we think Cleo Lemon has been bad as QB, Anderson has actually been more inaccurate than Cleo has. Is that the kind of QB we want under center? And is Anderson worth anything close to the #1 overall pick? Not a chance in hell. If anything, I learned from this statistical look at things that John Beck isn't as far away from being a productive NFL QB than many thought. With an improved offensive line and a playmaker or two on offense, John could potentially be a productive NFL QB sooner rather than later.

But most importantly, Derek Anderson is not the solution to the Miami Dolphins' quarterback problem. If anything, bringing Anderson to Miami in the offseason would simply be a perfect example of how the Dolphins got into this mess to begin with. And despite his impressive track record, it would really make me question the logic of Bill Parcells and his ability to turn this team around.

http://www.thephinsider.com/story/2007/12/27/01256/189

Edit: Well the tables didn't come through, follow the link if you want to see them better.

LMingrone
12-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, saying it is a better market is a bit of a stretch. I just hate Miami.