PDA

View Full Version : Level 100 Giantman Cleric Male

Drisco
12-26-2007, 12:53 AM
http://www.gsauctions.com/itemdetails.asp?auctionid=FB555E9AB51841159DD8C83E 942A252D

Please PM me if you are intrested.

Anebriated
12-26-2007, 11:54 AM
im just curious as to what would cause the price of the cleric to be double that of most capped chars. Yeah hes high on the fame list so he probably has a lot of TP's but damn.

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2007, 11:58 AM
No kidding.

Androidpk
12-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Nice gear?

Drunken Durfin
12-26-2007, 12:07 PM
From GSauctions.com:

Level: 100
Profession: Cleric
Race: Giantman

"The Cleric is one of the 10 clerics in the top 25 fame all list. His name has not been made public for your convenience."

There is only one Giant, Male, Cleric on the Fame list in top 25:

2 Naseer 861021394 100 M Giant Cle

Well, that was hard to figure out. Little too much info there if you were trying to keep the name a secret.

Drisco
12-26-2007, 12:16 PM
im just curious as to what would cause the price of the cleric to be double that of most capped chars. Yeah hes high on the fame list so he probably has a lot of TP's but damn.

Well he has 19M so its like 2 1/2 and some okay gear, also it is just a starting price.

No seceret really, everyone would know who he was just by looking at the exp.

Asha
12-26-2007, 12:17 PM
He didn't leave his name on the fame list?
Meh nevermind.

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Rofl Naseer.

Anebriated
12-26-2007, 01:27 PM
lol Naseer told me he had sold out but this explains all the deaths recently. Same thing happened when Werileo(i think) was sold.... Yeah im connecting the dots.

Drisco
12-26-2007, 04:10 PM
You are right.... Although I don't see why you are trying to connect dots? I am not trying to hide anything.. Naseer and Werileo never really hunted. I took them both to Teras where it is harder to hunt and they inevitably died. I don't see why this is at all relevant. Yes I buy old characters cheap, make a few silvers hunting with them while I try to sell them for a couple hundred dollars more. If you really wanted to try and connect all the dots you could of just PM'd me and asked.

Anyways keeping on topic. I have gotten a few offers, none that I am going to be excepting for awhile tho due to the fact this is the threads first day. Keep them coming.

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2007, 04:20 PM
It's funny because naseer was a raise/rescue vulture first of all not a hunter.

Secondly it's an absurd price and if you paid a "couple hundred" less than your selling price you're not too bright.

That and this cleric being one of the more well known devalues resale.

Good luck.

You lose.

Drisco
12-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Secondly it's an absurd price and if you paid a "couple hundred" less than your selling price you're not too bright.

Good luck.

You lose.

Like I said never really hunted..

I bought this at a little more then a "Couple Hundred" then I am selling him.

You are obviously the one who is not to bright because I have gotten a few offers all of which are around 2k.

I also don't think the price is "Absurd" and neither do all the interested buyers..

...You Lose?

CrystalTears
12-26-2007, 04:47 PM
If you bought him, how can you say that it's only had one owner?

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2007, 04:50 PM
No seriously .. You lose.

I got along fine with naseer but mostly he was a pompous vulturing douchebag. Whoever is offering 2k is an idiot buying that cleric let alone name.

Please feel free to let us all know who buys it or if they're not too embarrassed for being incredibly stupid perhaps they can tell us on their own.

Either way you lose. Actually you've already lost.

Anebriated
12-26-2007, 04:53 PM

Good luck.

You lose.

Its funny because he hunted more than 90% of the GS population(that is an estimate and has no actual mathematical backing). He did a lot of rescues mainly because he could and was almost always around OTF. You say vulture, the people he rescued were generally grateful though.

As far as connecting the dots, you just seem to be purchasing the chars of a bunch of people I knew. I hadnt seen Werileo in a while then all of a sudden he died like 10 times in 2 or 3 days, I inquired and learned he had sold. Now Naseer dies a few times in a day, which isnt common. I knew he had been sold but didnt know to whom.

Methais
12-26-2007, 04:57 PM

^

Drisco
12-26-2007, 04:59 PM
If you bought him, how can you say that it's only had one owner?

Don't consider myself and owner. More of a middle man.

No seriously .. You lose.

I got along fine with naseer but mostly he was a pompous vulturing douchebag. Whoever is offering 2k is an idiot buying that cleric let alone name.

Please feel free to let us all know who buys it or if they're not too embarrassed for being incredibly stupid perhaps they can tell us on their own.

Either way you lose. Actually you've already lost.

Wow.. sounds like someone had some issues with Naseer.

Plenty of people wouldn't mind having Naseer, I know we all can think of someone.

It doesn't matter he's been bought and is going to be sold again, simple as that.

Methais
12-26-2007, 05:08 PM
It doesn't matter he's been bought and is going to be sold again, simple as that.

Not for $2,200, or even close to that. Unless of course the person is a total cockmonger of retardation.

Drisco
12-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Thats the BO, and like I said its a starting price open to offers.

Drunken Durfin
12-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Not for $2,200, or even close to that. Unless of course the person is a total cockmonger of retardation.

I have learned never underestimate the number of retarded cockmongers in this game.

Soulpieced
12-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I've never understood character prices myself. Can you imagine how many hours of game time it took to get to nearly 3x cap? People would be working for CENTS on the hour. Yes I understand it's a hobby, but still seems silly to me versus the amount you can sell silvers for.

Asha
12-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I swear I've been trying to figure out why silvers seem to be worth more than experience for ages.

Methais
12-26-2007, 05:40 PM
I swear I've been trying to figure out why silvers seem to be worth more than experience for ages.

I don't get it either, because it's very possible to go from 0-100 in 0x gear you picked up from hobgoblins.

radamanthys
12-26-2007, 06:06 PM
There are many different styles of GS play (merchant, powerhunter, Roleplayer, etc), nearly all require silvers, not all require massive amounts of exp.

Methais
12-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Powerhunter and RPer don't necessarily require silvers.

Androidpk
12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I've always thought goblins had better gear then hobs..

--

A fanged goblin screams at another goblin, "Mine, mine, mine!!!" and points at you.

The goblin then takes a large windup with his spear and swings it at the other goblin, cleanly decapitating it. The other goblin's head drops to the ground and rolls up next to you.

The fanged goblin falls to the ground, kicks several times and dies.

AestheticDeath
12-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Personally I think the character itself, based on experience alone is well worth 2k for a potential end user.

I would be asking about the same thing. Maybe a little less.

I think I got 1200+ for an empath with 12mish exp, and 1200+ for a rogue with 12mish exp.

My prices on post cap characters almost always seem to be around $100 per million exp, or more.

And thats damn cheap. Its a load of time and effort getting a character capped, and beyond capped. Most of the gemstone players will never achieve this must experience on one character. Heck a lot of them won't get that much total between all of their characters.

BTW, a lot of the older famous characters went for 2k or more when they sold out in GS3. They had this much exp or less. Characters like Malok, Suvar, Sihaya, Mega etc..

Sean of the Thread
12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
BTW, a lot of the older famous characters went for 2k or more when they sold out in GS3. They had this much exp or less. Characters like Malok, Suvar, Sihaya, Mega etc..

Apples and oranges.

This ain't GS3

The Ponzzz
12-26-2007, 09:14 PM

Instant gratification. And silvers have a larger market.

Methais
12-26-2007, 09:51 PM

Silvers used to sell for $40+ per million too. What's your point?

Drunken Durfin
12-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Apples and oranges.

This ain't GS3

Holy crap, mark you calendars. I actually agree with Sean2 on this.

AestheticDeath
12-27-2007, 12:24 AM
And yet, all my post cap character sales have been in the last 6-12 months.

I was just trying to throw out the closest examples I could think of.

And silvers have had a lot more dramatic decrease in price. Like a steady decline. Characters haven't seen anything that drastic.

Unless hes in a hurry to unload it, he can easily find someone to pay $1500 or more. $2000 is definitely possible.

But, I guess you guys are the character experts and know a bit more than me about prices, right?

How many other clerics do you see with almost 19m exp? How many do you know of that have recently supplanted Tsin in the Fame #1 spot? And could still easily surpass him?

How many other clerics have such a good rep for helping others around OTF?

allen
12-27-2007, 09:30 PM
How many other clerics have such a good rep for helping others around OTF?

most people don't want ANY rep at all, and Drisco you need to give up on defending yourself, shit doesn't work here. these assholes will just keep going like the energerizer bunny, assholes meaning sean. he spends an hour slapping around his 2 inch cock, 2 hours sleeping and the other 21 on here talking shit about people in a game he doesn't play

Sean of the Thread
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
I spend more than 2 hours a day slapping my cock thank you very much. I'm quite the multi tasker.

AestheticDeath
12-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Of course people like 'no rep'. But thats pretty much impossible with a capped character.

bubbauno
12-28-2007, 12:43 AM
People are just freaking out cause most chars they have seen are going for way cheaper than they should.. I mean that 13.8m cleric in the next thread over is only 680 bucks which is just insane.. Just because someone wants to sell quick for way cheap doesn't mean all similar chars are worth the same.

Halstein
12-28-2007, 12:56 AM
didn't Kadesha go for 900$?

Asha
12-28-2007, 03:28 AM
She had a beard.

onurb
12-28-2007, 12:05 PM
People are just freaking out cause most chars they have seen are going for way cheaper than they should.. I mean that 13.8m cleric in the next thread over is only 680 bucks which is just insane.. Just because someone wants to sell quick for way cheap doesn't mean all similar chars are worth the same.

I will have to agree with this. Infact this behavior is happening in the silvers market as well. People that are quitting and just trying to cash out fast are willing to dump their characters and coins for table scraps.

This does effect the current market for characters and/or coins, but it does not not mean that all characters and coins are now worth what the liquidator's price was.

A capped cleric, probably the oldest cleric in the lands, with almost 19 million exp is definately worth 2000 dollars if not more. People that don't think so most likely never had a character any where near that age or just don't justify spending that kinda money on a text character. However, 19 million exp is over 10 years worth of work for your average player, and for many people, it will never be obtainable.

2000 dollars for 10 years worth of work is a teriffic deal. The amount of training points at 2.5x cap is just utterly insane.

Liberi Fatali
12-28-2007, 01:13 PM
these assholes will just keep going like the energerizer bunny, assholes meaning sean. he spends an hour slapping around his 2 inch cock, 2 hours sleeping and the other 21 on here talking shit about people in a game he doesn't play

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hoity-toity, this was the funniest comment I've read in a long time. Spot on.

Donquix
12-28-2007, 02:33 PM
I love all the self-diluted ebay mongers trying to explain how things selling for a certain price don't make them worth that on the open market...

sorry, your shit is devaluing daily. deal with it. Thats what you get for investing shit tons of money in a shakey hobbyist market

AestheticDeath
12-28-2007, 04:36 PM
didn't Kadesha go for 900$?

She was barely capped too like 8mish exp.

CrystalTears
12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I didn't even realize Kadesha finally sold.

bubbauno
12-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Anyone know who the 13.8m human cleric for $680 in the flat priced folder is?

Halstein
12-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Kadesha sold more then a month ago

Sean of the Thread
12-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Anyone know who the 13.8m human cleric for $680 in the flat priced folder is?

I do.

AestheticDeath
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I think most people do..

Soulpieced
12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Funny statistics post coming up:

Assume the seller is asking $2000 for a character with 20 million experience (easier than 19).

That comes out to about 1/10th of a cent for every experience point.

Going further, let's assume the character averaged 30 exp per pulse (pulse = 1 minute) for all game time. 666,666 pulses to get that much experience at 1 minute per comes out to about 111,111 hours, or approximately 12 years at that average rate. Your hourly wage for getting said character that much experience comes out to.....

1.8 cents an hour.

bubbauno
12-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Experience: 28113388

So i'm makin like 1 and a quarter cents per hour? I bet the 6 year olds in the Philippines make more than that..

Donquix
12-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Breaking news: this is a hobby some people are willing to invest money in, it's not a job with a minimum wage associated with it.

Post cap experience is really not worth as much as you'd like it to be. It's like yes! look at me! with my 30 mil post cap exp i can obliterate anything in the game! or...with my 100 exp post cap I can...obliterate anything in the game!

It has severe diminishing returns, anyone in the market for a high end character probably has a set of goals they are trying to attain, which most assuredly DO NOT require post cap exp (or frankly, anything over level like 85)

What would people buy a upper tier character for?
silver hunting? don't need to be capped to essentially max out your silver intake.

picking boxes for your other characters? don't need to be capped to get 98% of them, or just at cap for maxed lockpicking/disarm.

enchanting? anything over level 50-60 if you fixskill into an enchanting build can crank out 7xs at minimum hindrance.

Healing? need to be level 20 to get to teras.

rescue/rezzing? anything near enough to get in and get out, don't need to be capped even.

uhm...ranger resistances? just call regvy.

loresinging/gem purifying? have level 40 bard will travel.

uhm...something paladin specific? lol paladins.

sorcerer taxi service? make friends and buy the runestones, or you need what...a level 50? 60 sorcerer to do this without problem? Trivial benefits over chronomages as well.

whats left? a warrior to make you sheaths?

other than that it's simply RP purposes and wanting to skip the grind of the early levels before you can really use all the tools at your disposal, anything about 40-60 is sufficient for that. Plus most people in this market will find the invasion of the body snatchers routine off putting, lowering your target demo even more.

In short: haha simu's lack of self-promotion is devaluing your shit daily

Katt
12-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Naseer was known for saving people in the barrier you have to be 73 to get in there and damn near capped to be able to sanct infront of the critters so your ass doesn't get owned. (Since you can't really just run in grab them and fog them out.)

Not saying its right to charge that much or not though. I think if you have extra money and want to spend it on a hobby go for it! If your taking food out of your kids mouths or something then it isn't a good idea. lol.

AestheticDeath
12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Buncha rubbish...
In short: haha simu's lack of self-promotion is devaluing your shit daily

Your problem is, you are applying your thoughts and values to everyone else.

There is a market for characters, pre-cap, capped, and post-cap.

But I do have to agree on Simutronics lack of promotion hurting the game, and the cash sales. Tons of new players would be very nice.

Donquix
12-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Clearly I am. Because there aren't several auctions right now (or recently ended) with near cap/cap/post cap characters going for at or near half of what this auction is asking.

Post cap exp just plain isn't worth much right now.

AestheticDeath
12-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Your forgetting the circumstances. There are many things that go into sales.

Its Christmas time. Everyone already spent their money, or previously were saving up for Xmas.

Also, there were 3 post cap clerics for sale at the same time, which made them try and undercut each other a lil while people decided which one they really wanted and how cheap they could get it.

And you are again forgetting the prices I have received on near capped, and post capped characters I have been selling. My prices haven't been hurt at all so far. It's just slow going.

Donquix
12-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I reactivated in the summer, i haven't seen 1 character sell for more than about 1500, and that was capped with exceptional gear.

Sorry your investments tanked.

AestheticDeath
12-29-2007, 12:30 AM
You don't see much I guess. Hell you can click a link in my sales folder and see a naked character that sold for 1500. But more often than not, the older ones aren't sold publicly. Kind of like how Drisco got his hands on this one in the first place. Private sale.

Either way, your talking out your ass, thinking you know everything because you read a few posts on a message board. You don't know everything, you most certainly are not privy to all the sales that happen.

Even I don't know of half the sales that go down. But of the ones I do know, there are plenty where characters are being sold at normal non-deflated prices.

Halstein
12-29-2007, 01:01 AM
AD is correct and certainly has his experience selling chars. For chars over 80, I suspect only 30-40% are ever listed publicly.

Donquix
12-29-2007, 04:31 PM
You don't see much I guess. Hell you can click a link in my sales folder and see a naked character that sold for 1500. But more often than not, the older ones aren't sold publicly. Kind of like how Drisco got his hands on this one in the first place. Private sale.

Either way, your talking out your ass, thinking you know everything because you read a few posts on a message board. You don't know everything, you most certainly are not privy to all the sales that happen.

Even I don't know of half the sales that go down. But of the ones I do know, there are plenty where characters are being sold at normal non-deflated prices.

That was the rogue correct? which if i recall had significant post cap exp and, shockingly, about 1500 as top end for a post cap character.is exactly the price i listed before. So thanks for agreeing with me?

My ass apparently knows a lot about how much your shits worth.

Now, keep bending the truth so you can hopefully trick someone long enough into buying a character for 300-600 dollars more than they could probably get a similar one for through another avenue.

on gsauctions right now:
capped empath (950)
capped wizard (1100)
capped paladin (600...lol paladins)

recently sold:
several other capped character ~900-1100

Sorry, your 10mil post cap exp of skills YOU DON'T NEED are not worth another 1000 dollars, doesn't matter how much time was invested to get them.

Sean of the Thread
12-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Sorry, your 10mil post cap exp of skills YOU DON'T NEED are not worth another 1000 dollars, doesn't matter how much time was invested to get them.

Bingo

Asha
12-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Lol are paladins that shit?

Stunseed
12-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes.

AestheticDeath
12-29-2007, 05:32 PM
ROFL, if you hadn't gone and clicked the link like I told you to, you would be telling me the 12.4m exp rogue was worth 800 bucks. You know so much about my sales, because I keep records. Aren't you smart.

And none of those others you are listing from GSauctions have as much exp, so I am not sure why you bring them up. This guy has 2x the exp as any of them, hence 2x the price.

And if you think the extra exp doesn't make a difference, your stupid.

Being able to fully single in all the important physical skills as a caster is something that gives you a great edge in hunting. Doing so while being fully tripled in CS for a Max CS... How can you say an extra 101 dodging ranks and the DS that comes with it isn't useful? Or 101 CM ranks for more defense from stupid shit like griffins. He may have the same CS as any other capped or post capped empath/cleric that wanted to max CS, but he has a lot of other shit to go along with it that the others don't.

It may not be needed to hunt, or survive if you know what your doing. But it is still very nice, and helpful. He has a greater chance at surviving any given situation than any 7.5m exp cleric that just capped.

And I don't know why the fuck your being so childish and trying to actively ruin someone else's sale. If you don't want to pay it, or think it is too high. Good for you. Fuck off. Everyone else has access to the same information, IE the current prices on gsauctions, previous sales from my thread, and past sales on here that were left in one piece.

Sean of the Thread
12-29-2007, 05:40 PM
You're right everyone has access to the same information including discussion of the prices of characters being sold in our community and on our PUBLIC un official community forum.

It doesn't take much common sense to understand that the post cap xp does not make it worth that much more. I'm sorry to whomever made a bad investment but such is life. Don't cry when the community points it out.

My advice is to quit being so defensive. It's only making the overpriced character look worse.

Lysander
12-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Wonder what a capped warrior would go for... I've actually never seen one on sale. Like ever.

Drisco
12-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't know what the whole deal is but it really doesn't matter. I listed the price as 2k with a BO of 2.2k, willing to negotiate. If you don't like it thats fine, but it is what it is and I am not going to be changing it, I am in no rush I have time, a lot of time. If no one wants to buy him so be it. There is no point in arguing whether the price is to high/low or just right, I listed him as 2k thats what he will or will not go for end of story.

thefarmer
12-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I've seen a few awhile back.

Lysander
12-30-2007, 12:00 AM
How much they go fer? Capped warriors I mean.

Drisco
12-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Okay, I have got an offer I am going to take if no one else is interested. I will be selling him tomorrow if anyone else is wanting to put and offer in.

AestheticDeath
12-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Whats the offer, and who gave it? PM me before you sell :P

Makkah
12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Told me $800 and 9m exp cleric; roffle

Methais
12-31-2007, 02:52 PM
your stupid.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/Not-again-picard2.jpg

AestheticDeath
12-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Its not moving, you fail. :P

Methais
12-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Its not moving, you fail. :P

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/8468a5a1-1.gif

Drisco
01-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Sold.

Never knew you were Kreek, Makkah. Expected you to be more like Sean2 on the forums. I guess you had to take his place IG since he doesn't even play.

Iriscience
01-02-2008, 02:22 AM
In my opinion Naseers value far exceeds 2000 canadian dollars even.

AestheticDeath
01-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Were you Naseer?

Anebriated
01-02-2008, 03:48 AM
he was.