Fire and Disruption Holy Flares
Bless the weapon.. Then cast Fire or Disruption spell to add flares
Weighs 2 lbs

How much?

Methais
12-25-2007, 08:18 PM

BriarFox
12-25-2007, 08:41 PM
... Just Private Message him at Bubbauno, or whatnot.

Donquix
12-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I'll say the same thing I tell everyone else when inquiring as to Tsin's prices:

think of a fair number in your head
double it
send him that offer
expect a callous, sarcastic, insulting comment about how your offer is too low as the item is clearly worth more. This will be accompanied by a counter-offer that is probably twice what you originally offered (which was twice of what you thought was fair)

negotiate from there.

Short answer: whatever you think is fair is 2-4times less than what he will take.

Lysander
12-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Never understood the attractiveness of those holy switch flares. You need to find a cleric to bless your weapon then find a wizard or whatever to then cast the flare. Unless you MA this is annoying. A normal bless will come holy and have some holy water flares...which aren't that great. Indeed the only benefit is the option to choose the type of flare, the really how much better is disruption or fire flares over plasma or holy water flares...not to the point where you pay those prices imho.

The Ponzzz
12-25-2007, 09:31 PM
The unique flares are nice. And it is awesome to have a blessible weapon that can flare something other than water.

However, the prices I been seeing on them are waaaay too high. I own two, but I wouldn't pay even a fourth of what people are asking for them.

Stanley Burrell
12-25-2007, 09:32 PM
What I don't understand is an Empath swinging a maul, even if he is Dwarven.

Wait, yes I do. He's selling it. What amazes me is the merchants who offer those services to pures yet continue to bar squares from magic-specific endevours, even at pay events.

The blessing part really isn't a problem at all. Why would it be?

Androidpk
12-25-2007, 10:45 PM
65m on the maul.

Dwarven Empath
12-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Tell me if this is correct.

I get a 100 level Paladin to cast on the maul. Then a 100 level cleric to bless it, then a 100 level wizard to cast fire on it.

Then I can hunt the constructs and it will cast fire on them every swing, for 300 swings?

Sounds to good to be true.

Medi...

bubbauno
12-26-2007, 07:04 PM
flares last as long as the bless does so level only matters for the person blessing the weapon.. the person casting disruption/fire at it doesn't matter at all so it could be a level 5 guy

AestheticDeath
12-26-2007, 07:11 PM
And it doesn't cast fire does it? It just has fire flares?

Drunken Durfin
12-26-2007, 07:16 PM
The skinny on Blessed Flares:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=28085

...and it just flares

Donquix
12-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Tell me if this is correct.

I get a 100 level Paladin to cast on the maul. Then a 100 level cleric to bless it, then a 100 level wizard to cast fire on it.

Then I can hunt the constructs and it will cast fire on them every swing, for 300 swings?

Sounds to good to be true.

Medi...

it doesn't flare every swing, it flares just as often as a typical 304 water bless, but with fire/disruption/voids/disentegration/webs (whichever you picked) instead of the regular water. I've heard 1 person claim the special flares (web, disruption, disentegration, etc.) flare less often than the mundane flares (fire, ice, vibe, etc.) but i haven't confirmed that with anything factual.

Never understood the attractiveness of those holy switch flares. You need to find a cleric to bless your weapon then find a wizard or whatever to then cast the flare. Unless you MA this is annoying. A normal bless will come holy and have some holy water flares...which aren't that great. Indeed the only benefit is the option to choose the type of flare, the really how much better is disruption or fire flares over plasma or holy water flares...not to the point where you pay those prices imho.

they're quite awesome for several reasons. First of all, he special flares rock, in and of themselves. Holy water flares do jack on living, so this is a way to get around that if you hunt living and ud. It's especially nice for warriors/paladins, as now they can have ONE weapon to bond to that they can use ALL the time. If you were one of the first people who got them, with 2 mundane flares and 1 special flare, you get your super special flare and fire (for hunting around IMT, lets say) and ice for hunting on teras...for hunting living and dead, all in 1 weapon. no more "hey look in my harness, theres that weapon i spent 30 cman points on just sitting there doing nothing because it's not blessable/flares are useless/etc."

and for the most part, getting the flares is really not that hard. You can voln bless the weapon and then cast the spell at it, and most of the spells are relatively low level...so either you can find just about anyone to put the spell into it, or with a a little preparation and a trivial amount of MIU you can do it yourself. I want them desperately for my warriors weapons, and i would pick disentegrate for my special flare....get a ranger rod and have a sorcerer imbed like 15 charges of 705 and you're set for a week or more.

Dwarven Empath
12-26-2007, 07:17 PM
So I don't have to hunt undead right?

Donquix
12-26-2007, 07:18 PM
nope, they will flare and strike the living.

Donquix
12-26-2007, 07:19 PM
oh i forgot to mention, even with all the plus sides i listed: i too think people are GROSSLY overpricing them.

bubbauno
12-26-2007, 07:47 PM
you can use items or scrolls to cast the flare spells too.. so you wouldn't need to always find a wizard or sorc to cast it for you since disruption and fire scrolls/imbeds are super easy to find or make

Drunken Durfin
12-26-2007, 11:55 PM
oh i forgot to mention, even with all the plus sides i listed: i too think people are GROSSLY overpricing them.

So, 150 Mil for my perfect 8x fire/cold/web mattock is a bit much? :D

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I'd say so. But that's just me!

The Lost Player
12-27-2007, 02:22 AM
I actually offered 50mil and was turned down.

Sthrockmorton
12-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I let my 8x waraxe with disruption/fire go for way too cheap. But I was disappointed with the disruption flares anyhow.

Lysander
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
If I were to estimate a value on these things, I would add up the enchant + flare value of a normal weapon and multiply by (number of flares +150-200%)

So that 8x waraxe disruption/fire = ((8x waraxe + fire flaring) + (8x waraxe + disruption flaring) ) x (150-200%)

So Durfin's awl-pike will be worth anywhere from 67.5 - 90 mil, or probably somwhere in the middle... 78.75 million slvers.

Tsin waraxe - 45 mil - 60 mil or around 52.5 mil.

Halstein
12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Sadly, things in GS rarely equate mechanical value to actual value.

Frankly, I was disappointed to see a thread entitled "Tsin" and then learn that he wasn't cashing out.

Daniel
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
He never could cash out.

Drunken Durfin
12-27-2007, 12:45 PM
So Durfin's awl-pike will be worth anywhere from 67.5 - 90 mil, or probably somwhere in the middle... 78.75 million slvers.

Minor correction: Durfin's Mattock

bubbauno
12-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd say Durfin's is worth that easy since it's probably the best one that I know of.. It's not like I just make up prices either.. Most of the time similar items are sold that can give us a good idea of their value.. I sold the 8x fire/disruption waraxe for 40m and the 8x lightning/disintegration falchion for 45.. Since an 8x waraxe/fal is only worth about 10m and an 8x pure veil iron 2 lb maul is worth about 25-30.. I don't think askin for 50m+ is unreasonable at all.

Tea & Strumpets
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I'd say Durfin's is worth that easy since it's probably the best one that I know of.. It's not like I just make up prices either.. Most of the time similar items are sold that can give us a good idea of their value.. I sold the 8x fire/disruption waraxe for 40m and the 8x lightning/disintegration falchion for 45.. Since an 8x waraxe/fal is only worth about 10m and an 8x pure veil iron 2 lb maul is worth about 25-30.. I don't think askin for 50m+ is unreasonable at all.

Blow it out your ass shit for brains.

Celephais
12-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Blow it out your ass shit for brains.
http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/overige-games/642d1144773392-duke-nukem-forever-b00005ncez.02.lzzzzzzz.jpg