PDA

View Full Version : Finiswolf's Sale

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 04:39 AM
I would prefer cash, but I am going to list these on the officials as well. I would really rather not sell them, but our daughter (previous player of Maroo and Daelynna) has been accepted to go to Japan this summer as an exchange student for two weeks, so I need to come up with $1,500.00 (First $300.00 by January 7th, next $300.00 by February 12th, and the balance by March 10th.). So, with a sad heart, but wishing to make our daughter (that has worked VERY hard) happy and give her what she deserves, I offer these items for sale. Not to mention that it will make for one heck of a 16th birthday / Christmas present for her! ;)

Respectfully,

Carl - player of Finiswolf / Filswolf

----------------------------------------------------------------------

a wide belt of chain-linked golden plates SOLD!

You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph.

Your careful inspection of a wide belt of chain-linked golden plates allows you to conclude that it is miscellaneous armor that protects the wearer in general.

You determine that you could wear the belt around your waist.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of steel.

Five pounds / +5 DB / Not Further Enchantable / Alterable

15M or $150.00 - (DELIVERED) Bloodthorn responded first from the officials at 3:44 am PST.

a soft pink bowtie SOLD!

You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph.

Your careful inspection of a soft pink bowtie allows you to conclude that it is miscellaneous armor that protects the wearer in general.

You determine that you could wear the bowtie anywhere on your body.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of cloth.

Under a pound / +5 DB / Pinworn / Not Alterable / Further Enchantable

17.5M or $175.00 - (DELIVERED) Mr. Dallas responded first via PM at 2:56 pm PST

a pair of large stag horns

Your careful inspection of a pair of large stag horns allows you to conclude that it is miscellaneous armor that covers the head and neck.

You determine that you could wear the horns on your head.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.

As you sing, a collage of images flashes through your mind. Slowly, the images seem to focus, and you can make out the details. You see a well-kept workshop where a wizened elvensmith is in conversation with a younger elf and pointing at the stag horns in his hands.

As you continue to sing, the images refocus once more. You see a young elvensmith laboriously crafting the stag horns from the raw materials laid out before him. As he works, he is chanting some arcane verses that you can't quite make out.

As you continue to sing, the images refocus once more. The elvensmith is inscribing runes of power upon the stag horns. Each rune glows brightly then fades into invisibility.

Your song continues to clarify and focus the images from the past. The ancient elvensmith raises the stag horns and chants an arcane phrase. A flash of light consumes the stag horns. An irridescent aura envelops the stag horns and is absorbed into it. The elvensmith seemingly looks up and gives you a wink and a smile as if he senses your presence.

Weighs about four pounds / UNLIMITED - NO MIU - 602 Horns - Double Mana - Chance of Curse (IF MIU training is not sufficient.) - Alterable

35M or $350.00

Ignot
12-24-2007, 09:07 AM
She can't come up with $1500?

Whimsi
12-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Aren't most students poor? I was. 1500 smackaroos wasn't chump change when I was in school.

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Belt DB is awaiting pick-up.

Bloodthorn responded first from the officials at 3:44 am PST.

Finis

Ignot
12-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Aren't most students poor? I was. 1500 smackaroos wasn't chump change when I was in school.

in 3 months? i think if she wants it that bad she can come up with that.

Asha
12-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I think it's more over Fin wants to buy her this as a present for her birthday and xmas, and as a reward for working hard.
1500 is still 1500 and especially at this time of year when there's a time limit on the balance.

Good luck btw.

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I think it's more over Fin wants to buy her this as a present for her birthday and xmas, and as a reward for working hard.
1500 is still 1500 and especially at this time of year when there's a time limit on the balance.

Good luck btw.

You are spot on Ash. :) And THANKS! Hopefully we will make it. So far we have the belt sold, and I am accepting another offer on the bowtie right after I post this. That will be $300.00 down, $1,200.00 to go. And it would be nice to get her a camera and some spending money as well. And to add a little more, we would not have a problem at all with this if we hadn't just bought her passport, paid for her driver's lessons, will be paying for her drivers license fee, and her car insurance (If you know of a super cheap insurance agency we would love to hear it, as we are looking at $1,200.00 every six months just for her.).

With all that said, it is her 16th birthday / Christmas, and I/we want it to be everything we never got as children.

Finis

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Bowtie DB is awaiting pick-up.

Mr. Dallas responded via PM at 2:56 pm PST.

Finis

Lysander
12-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Japan is bleeding expensive.... I think they charge like 10 cents per minute just for breathing. Tell her to stay in one of those capsule hotel rooms, when she stays there... Food is good though. Chinese food is always good.

Sthrockmorton
12-24-2007, 07:41 PM
With all that said, it is her 16th birthday / Christmas, and I/we want it to be everything we never got as children.

Finis

You're a good man Finis. If I wasn't in a crunch for $$ myself, I'd help you out and buy one of those.

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Japan is bleeding expensive.... I think they charge like 10 cents per minute just for breathing. Tell her to stay in one of those capsule hotel rooms, when she stays there... Food is good though. Chinese food is always good.

She is going as an exchange student, so that will hopefully help.

We took her out to Mikuni's on her birthday and we all tried sushi and sushini (sp?) for the first time. I found Pepperfin to be very good. Our oldest son had octopus and says he will eat it again. I was more scared of the food then I should have been, but it all mostly turned out really good.

Finis

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 08:15 PM
You're a good man Finis. If I wasn't in a crunch for $$ myself, I'd help you out and buy one of those.

Thanks Kontii. I appreciate the thought. I will be adding more items as we move along. Next thing I may add is a 10X sancted mace with damage weighting, or perhaps my 9X shield ruby, or my 8X harnessed assassin shield. We will see.

I have been advised to hold off for now though as we are also seeking contributions via friends and family.

Finis

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Belt delivered to High Lord Bloodthorn.

Finis

Lysander
12-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Dear lord all I got is a card of a bunch of naked soccer chicks and 10 bucks for my 16th b-day. 1600$ ?!?!

The Ponzzz
12-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I haven't received a xmas gift from my parents since I was 15. I don't even get a card.

FinisWolf
12-24-2007, 08:41 PM
My childhood was less then acceptable as well. Sucks, but at least I can do my (our) best to make sure our kids have a better Birthday / Christmas then I / we did.

Finis

Lysander
12-24-2007, 10:33 PM
I think it was the sign of the times, back in the 70's and 80's people were a lot poorer then they are today. And I think our fathers were too embarassed maybe even ashamed that they couldn't get their kids that new bike or whatever for Christmas... Times change though, today's standard of living is much higher.

Anebriated
12-24-2007, 10:46 PM
People also save much less today than they have in the past.

FinisWolf
12-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Bowtie has been paid for and delivered.

Finis

Lord Nelek
12-27-2007, 11:57 AM
It's way under your asking price but I really wanted those horns...

I can toss up a bid of 10m to get things started if you're interested

FinisWolf
12-31-2007, 02:26 AM
Sorry. I am doing flat priced. Not saying I won't negotiate, but you will need to be able to do much better then 10M. I appreciate your offer though. Thank you.

Finis

FinisWolf
01-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Mess with the Bull you get the HORNS!

So buy your own here. :)

Finis

Bobmuhthol
01-04-2008, 01:10 AM
in 3 months? i think if she wants it that bad she can come up with that.

Try earning $500/mo as a 15 year old [girl] student.

m444w
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
It's easy... sell some crack.

FinisWolf
01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Bob: My daughter appreciates your support.

m444w: She says no offense, (through her giggles) but she believes you to be an idiot if you are really suggesting that.

We both think m444w was being sarcastic as a side note. It just seemed funny to respond that way. No offense was meant, if any was taken.

Her and I have discussed, and if she is able to pick up job after her third term, she would maybe make about $200.00 a month gross maximum due to work permit restrictions. So, she may be able to come up with (after taxes) about $250.00 to $300.00 before she goes to Japan. Which would be cool.

Finis

Crazy Bard
01-04-2008, 03:25 PM
What's so hard with getting a loan. Selling off things that you own seems so ridiculous. If you can't afford it, or make a solid down payment then move on. I don't know your income, and really don't care but 300$ doesn't seem that hard to gain. I wonder what your going to do come time to pay for college..

m444w
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Nah, I've just watched too much Dave Chapelle, and couldn't resist.

SayGoodbye
01-04-2008, 03:37 PM
What's so hard with getting a loan. Selling off things that you own seems so ridiculous. If you can't afford it, or make a solid down payment then move on. I don't know your income, and really don't care but 300$ doesn't seem that hard to gain. I wonder what your going to do come time to pay for college..

What the fuck is wrong with selling stuff thats yours? It's his stuff, his investment, if he wants to sell it (like god knows how many other people have done for less important reasons) then it's his right to.

Maybe gs items are (gasp) superfluous in his life and he has no problem selling them to get a little extra money.

Your comment seems so ridiculous.

Asha
01-04-2008, 03:43 PM
What's so hard with getting a loan.
Not needing to get a loan when you already have the means to pay for something like this with imaginary items made into dollars.

Selling off things that you own seems so ridiculous.
It's hardly selling the house, and the property was never Fins anyway.

If you can't afford it, or make a solid down payment then move on.
He's well on his way to making some considerable contribution to the trip already.

I don't know your income, and really don't care but 300$ doesn't seem that hard to gain.
It's $1,500.

I wonder what your going to do come time to pay for college..
This fund has nothing to do with any moneys saved for college. This is a treat/reward/gift for a job well done. With this much effort in mind I wouldn't be supprised in the least if he had a plan to afford the terms in motion, already.

Asha
01-04-2008, 03:52 PM
What the fuck is wrong with selling stuff thats yours? It's his stuff, his investment, if he wants to sell it (like god knows how many other people have done for less important reasons) then it's his right to.

Maybe gs items are (gasp) superfluous in his life and he has no problem selling them to get a little extra money.

Your comment seems so ridiculous.

Dammit I should have just left you to spell it out.

Venom
01-04-2008, 05:56 PM

You're an asshole. :thanx:

FinisWolf
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Looks like this is covered. I will just keep watching, and thanks for the support of our daughter.

Finis

Ignot
01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Try earning $500/mo as a 15 year old [girl] student.

I had a job when i was that age. Do children not get part time jobs anymore?? Maybe that's why they don't learn the value of a dollar or how to save.

Asha
01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
You're comparing whatever you had as a job at 15 y/o to earning the equivalent of $500/mo nowadays by referencing Bobs quote like that.
How would any part time job at 15 earn that much?
How does the fact she has no means of earning that much at that age indicate she has no job?

Morrff
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I had a job when i was that age. Do children not get part time jobs anymore?? Maybe that's why they don't learn the value of a dollar or how to save.

Not sure how old you are, but I'm 26 and things were A LOT different back when I was working as a kid.(Only a few years ago).

Plus I had a family owned an operated construction business to work under, being family owned and operated I was able to legally do more things than other kids my age not working for a family a business(safety laws working with certain machinery and tools).

But as Finis said earlier nowa days with permit restrictions(being enforced) on school aged children working makes it hard to not only make that much $ in the time limit given, but also to obtain a (legal)job that pays enough and offers enough hours to make it worth while. IMO

I think what you're doing is great Finis, just don't let her get off scott free without having to put plenty of effort into the situation as well. The food will taste better that way!!!

Hope her travels go safely and she has a great time! :goodluck:

Player of Morrff

:wasntme:

P.S.
Originally Posted by Crazy Bard http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=668275#post668275)

#1 A loan "could" make you loose more shit then you would have to sell. If you're broke and can't afford something thats the LAST thing you should do is get a loan that you'll struggle to pay off. IMO

#2 Stop being materialistic and live your life, you'll find yourself much happier that way! Things are just things, but memories last a lifetime. It's not about the car(project/items/things) it's about the time, effort and hardship you had to go through in building it to make those memories.

#3 I think he's preparing his daughter to gain/earn the right to go to college via scholarship, thus the trip she'll learn quite a bit from.

Whimsi
01-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Don't much care for Finis, think he's a pompous ass from the posts of his that I've read, however, dude's trying to do something nice for his kid. Quit shitting on that.

FinisWolf
01-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Work: Scholastics is much more important to us. We want her to focus on school. As I stated before she will be doing her best to get some kind of job in her fourth term after she finishes her third term Honors and college prep courses.

I too had a job at that age, and I was making way more money then any child that age should be making, and I was working way more hours then any adult should work. To be honest (as already pointed out) her going to Japan will be a much better memory and opportunity then saying something like "When I was 15/16 I worked." I would trade my "working as a teenager" for an "international teenage opportunity" any day.

Heck, who knows, maybe I wouldn't come off as such a pompous ass then. :wink:

Morrff: She has already put tons into this. She has worked hard, and deserves the opportunity. She had to interview for the opportunity in front of a panel, she had to excel in her first year Japanese course, and she had to show us that she was truly interested, which she has done.

So for her, the food will certainly taste better. :)

I passed on your wishes to her, and she appreciates your thoughts. In fact she appreciates all the positive feedback coming from many of you.

It was awesome hearing her speak Japanese the first time, and it is even more awesome to hear her ramble on in that language.

It was even more impressive when she was speaking to a Doctor about her aspirations, which happen to be a CSI Lab Tech, and they held a very in depth conversation about different infectious diseases.

Those two things above really showed me that she defiantly has earned the right and privilege to take this trip. I am one very proud dad!

Whimsi: I very well may come off as a pompous ass at times. And sometimes I don't mean too. (most of the time in fact)

I/we are trying to do something nice for our daughter, something that I never had as a child. Her mom was able to go to Sweden for two months at about the same age, and it is a memory that her Mom cherishes.

Not to mention that it will look good on our daughter application to whatever University she chooses to attend.

In a nutshell, some things are much more important then obtaining money as a child, and it is our opinion as parents that do our best to raise our children correctly, that this is in fact one of those things. I also believe she should obtain a part-time job; however, now is just not the time for that.

---

I hope the above makes sense, I know I rather rambled on. I know some of you are really supporting our decision, and contributing to it in fact, so I figured you deserved our point of view in the form of an explanation.

Finis

Whimsi
01-05-2008, 06:40 PM
See that's the thing though...you don't owe anyone an explanation for doing something for your kid. No parent does. Doesn't matter the age or circumstance of the kid either. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

FinisWolf
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
See that's the thing though...you don't owe anyone an explanation for doing something for your kid. No parent does. Doesn't matter the age or circumstance of the kid either. Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

:)

And I am a pompous ass? :chuckle: Sounds like you have a little within yourself as well. :grin:

I agree with you, and understand your thoughts.

However, because I am running several auctions where I am asking folks to bid high, it is my belief that those people have earned the right to better understand the "why's".

So, in my book, this is a little different. :shrug:

I do appreciate your support, thank you Whimsi.

Finis