PDA

View Full Version : Really GOOD alters

Sylvan Dreams
12-22-2007, 04:03 PM
We have a thread for entire outfits and for things we find ugly, but I didn't see anything for single items that we are in love with.

Let's see them!

Soulpieced
12-22-2007, 04:06 PM
a pair of galvorn-toed boots.
>
The boots are not laced, though rather clasped shut with straps of galvorn. They look like they would fare well in bad weather conditions.

Nilandia
12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I got one!

a bracelet of triangular cedar and ebonwood beads

So simple, but pretty.

Gretchen

Zarli
12-22-2007, 06:15 PM
a dark ebony eonake falchion

This weapon is designed with an array of etched symbols for strength and protection scattered almost haphazardly across the blade. The sturdy hilt is carefully wrapped in a deep ebony leather softened for the utmost comfort in battle. At the base of the grip is a pommel of solid eonake, smooth and polished. Heatless violet flames burn across the falchion.

thefarmer
12-22-2007, 06:33 PM
a small turnip-clasped neckpouch

Hung from a bit of canvas twine, the neckpouch is sweat stained and grimy from outdoor use. The cleverly wrought vaalorn turnip clasp keeps the contents from spilling, though the fraying bottom of the container might pose another problem.

Probably my favorite, due to it's not being as gaudy as most of the other things he wears. Especially since he's on his Farmer Guild alter kick.

Sthrockmorton
12-22-2007, 06:42 PM
a slightly curved black dagger

The blade of the dagger is slightly curved, sharpened on both sides to allow slashing in multiple directions. Over a foot long, the blade is marked with a small silver-edged sword amidst a golden sunburst. A small fork is cut into the blade's tip, while the bottom six inches trailing toward the hilt are wickedly serrated. Curving down to protect the bearer's knuckles, the hand-guard of the hilt bears a sharpened outer edge. Strands of black leather wind loosely about the darkened oak hilt. You notice a small enchanter's glyph and Daulken's crafting mark.

Androidpk
12-22-2007, 08:09 PM

The dark ebony part makes me scratch my head. Ebony in itself is a very dark black, how can you get any darker then that?

Zarli
12-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, that part I didn't do myself, I just had the show done.. that's how I bought the weapon.. so I can't explain it. You are indeed correct though of course.

Stanley Burrell
12-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Prolly doesn't really count as an alter, but the Assassin's note is a funky-cool item.

Izalude
12-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Almost all my stuff rocks... Though I'll post my 3 favorite items.

an antique silver eahnor locket
The oval locket of silver eahnor hangs from a slender tarnished chain. The scratched filigreed detailing on the front and back shows signs of an unforgiving past. The slightly warped frame prevents the locket from closing normally, allowing a glimpse of the time-faded picture of a young Ashrim couple within. A darkened tiny blood stain mars the delicate features of the woman.

an ornate archaic Ashrim warblade
Weathered and ancient, this weapon bears the scars of many battles, lost and won. The slightly-curved blade is etched with wave-like Ashrim runes and the metal gleams in hues of silver and celestial blue. A fine layer of gilded blued mithglin has been added to the razor sharp serrated edge of the blade to prevent any premature wear. The ornate silver eahnor hilt ends with a perfect spherical emerald pommel marked with the royal crest of House Ashrim. You notice a small enchanter's glyph and Aetheri's crafting mark.

In the Elven language, it reads:
Tempest's Fury

a faenor-hilted runic Ardenai warblade
The blade of this masterfully crafted weapon is ornamented on both sides with a single column of golden elven sigils etched along the fuller. The handle, a solid piece of faenor inlaid with crisscrossing strands of gold, links the perfectly round emerald blazestar pommel to the ornate crossguard. An elaborate langet depicts a majestic oak tree composed of a faceted Mandis crystal trunk and hammered faenor foliage. Elegant script engraved in the ricasso along the arc of the tree top reads, "Solitude." You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

thefarmer
12-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Since I just got this done by Bergraham, this is the bestest piece evar.

a golvern alloy-edged hoe

With a haft crafted from thick length ironwood and strengthened by carefully placed smooth iron bands, the steel-bladed hoe appears to be in good working condition. Polished to a dark brown sheen, the natural whorls of the wood grain are visible beneath the thick iron circles. A thick edging of golvern alloy adds a touch of bright embellishment to the blade. The only other adornment is a sigil of alloy inlay on the end of the ironwood pole, displaying the mark of the Farmer's Guild. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

It's a modified jeddart axe that I'm slowly working up to a full 10x.

Nilandia
12-23-2007, 04:02 AM
A couple of alters designed by GMs that I'm absolutely in love with. I own them, but I'd kill to get my hands on them if I didn't.

a fluid white satin cotehardie layered with a sheath of vaalin-hued silk gauze

a fitted onyx marbrinus cotehardie frosted with a rime of silver that creeps from the folds of the trailing skirts (also known by some as the rime cotehardie)

a silk-strung nathala agate nautilus ~ Strung from a dark blue silken cord, the nathala agate is carved with exceptional care to accent the various layers of hues and striations. Delicate grooves and curves upon the surface transform the piece into a tightly spiraled nautilus shell that is accented by the natural deep emerald bands. As the spirals widen, the color transitions through shades of green into blues that give way to a vivid turquoise at the outermost edge. Along the last arc is a flowing script accented by silver foil.
There appears to be something written on it.
In the Erithian language, it reads:
May the Waters of the Sea sustain and surround you.

Gretchen

Donquix
12-23-2007, 06:27 AM
My dopey wizard's longcoat:
an oversized midnight blue longcoat fastened with dark moonstone buttons and furbished with bulbous drooping pockets

I dunno...i just like the word "bulbous" in an alter.

justincredible
12-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Someone has an ugly stick that I think maybe one of the funniest things I've ever seen...

Xaerve
12-23-2007, 09:08 AM

This weapon is designed with an array of etched symbols for strength and protection scattered almost haphazardly across the blade. The sturdy hilt is carefully wrapped in a deep ebony leather softened for the utmost comfort in battle. At the base of the grip is a pommel of solid eonake, smooth and polished. Heatless violet flames burn across the falchion.

Wrong thread! ;)

Asha
12-23-2007, 09:25 AM
:lol:

Allereli
12-23-2007, 09:39 AM
an open-headed monkey skull boiler

Bronzed meticulously to retain the intricate details, the top of the skull has been lopped off just above the brow. The brains have been removed and the skull preserved so that the face remains and the boiler can still be heated. The mouth of the creature is eerily frozen in a fang-bearing snarl.

a shiny brass open-headed monkey skull mortar

In the skull mortar you see a shiny brass banana-shaped pestle

Misun
12-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Hmm, okay...I have a few favorites but this one is the most recent and favorite at this point as it's finally something Misun feels comfortable in besides her 'normal' gear.

a flowing ivory chainsil bliaut double-wrapped with rich goldenrod sashing

Okay, and I have to put in her blade and shield, about the only shows she has:

an ivory-hilted white ora falchion
The heavy, utilitarian white ora blade of the falchion is offset by the elegance of its hilt. Braided golden wire spirals around the ivory grip, while cobalt blue sapphires adorn the golden-hued quillions. Within the crossguard, an exquisitely-cut star of Tamzyrr diamond forms the eye of an ivory swan against a field of green enamel. The white ora falchion is surrounded by a pure white flickering flame that burns with the rage of divine fury.

A gilt-trimmed,white ora tower,shield ~ Threads of thin-spun gold twine along the border of this immense shield, rivulets of gilt set into the raised spine of ivory edging the piece. A star-of-Tamzyrr diamond, marquis-cut and centered on the convex surface of the white ora, creates the eye of an ivory-cast swan overlaying a glossy field of green enamel. The emerald plane is circular and studded at the border by trilliant-cut cobalt blue sapphires.

Fallen
12-23-2007, 11:52 AM
an open-headed monkey skull boiler

Bronzed meticulously to retain the intricate details, the top of the skull has been lopped off just above the brow. The brains have been removed and the skull preserved so that the face remains and the boiler can still be heated. The mouth of the creature is eerily frozen in a fang-bearing snarl.

a shiny brass open-headed monkey skull mortar

In the skull mortar you see a shiny brass banana-shaped pestle

Hah. Love the Cauldron.

Hips
12-23-2007, 12:18 PM
a floral-motif eahnor ring
Etched upon the center of a small moonstone crested upon the band of the ring, a stargazer lily with its petals proudly displayed dominates the jewelry with its presence. Slender prongs cradling the gem are crafted into the likeness of a bed of alpine violets, while the band itself is etched with tiny rosebuds that create a chain through overlapping from the stem of one to tip of the next. The only exception to the pattern is a small rendition of a sovyn flower.
In the Common language, it reads:
Love heals even the most wounded pride. Give me time.

I *think* Callaine made it (I'm not sure, it was a gift) but OMG, so beautiful. And the meanings worked in between the flowers and the moonstone are absolutely perfect.

drigore
12-23-2007, 08:21 PM
a diminutive demijohn hanging from twisted twine

A sand elemental holder.

Androidpk
12-23-2007, 09:41 PM
a pair of galvorn-toed boots.
>
The boots are not laced, though rather clasped shut with straps of galvorn. They look like they would fare well in bad weather conditions.

Sell me these boots.

Makkah
12-23-2007, 09:45 PM
The dark ebony part makes me scratch my head. Ebony in itself is a very dark black, how can you get any darker then that?

This comment makes me scratch my head; how can black be "very dark"?

a somber black glaes war mask with jagged steel teeth

That's my favorite alter right now.

Or these: some black invar-toed boots

These boots are capped on the toe with a protective invar shell. The sole of the heel is also made of solid black invar with flecks of radiating red. On the tongue you see a symbol of V'Tull stitched in red.

mgoddess
12-23-2007, 10:50 PM
a silk-strung nathala agate nautilus ~ Strung from a dark blue silken cord, the nathala agate is carved with exceptional care to accent the various layers of hues and striations. Delicate grooves and curves upon the surface transform the piece into a tightly spiraled nautilus shell that is accented by the natural deep emerald bands. As the spirals widen, the color transitions through shades of green into blues that give way to a vivid turquoise at the outermost edge. Along the last arc is a flowing script accented by silver foil.
In the Erithian language, it reads:
May the Waters of the Sea sustain and surround you.

This is by far the prettiest piece of jewelry I've seen in a long time...

(And I'm not usually one for fluff, be it jewelry or clothes or anything that doesn't have a "use.")

Androidpk
12-23-2007, 10:53 PM
This comment makes me scratch my head; how can black be "very dark"?

Colors have multiple shades of hues, hence the "very dark" black as opposed to a lighter shade...

Amaron
12-23-2007, 11:00 PM
This is one of my favorite so far:

a triple-strand twisted vaalin geldaralad

Three slender lengths of vaalin chain have been interwoven to form this elegant piece of elven jewelry. From it is suspended a perfect rose-cut deep blue sapphire, incised with a star-shaped heart of vaalin. Tiny leaves of pale jade are interspersed between the strands complementing the delicate blossom.

Nilandia
12-23-2007, 11:19 PM
This is by far the prettiest piece of jewelry I've seen in a long time...

(And I'm not usually one for fluff, be it jewelry or clothes or anything that doesn't have a "use.")
I adore it. Thandiwe took my primitive design and made it into something incredible. I'm planning to move it from a normal necklace into an amulet holder so it can see even more use.

Gretchen

Makkah
12-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Colors have multiple shades of hues, hence the "very dark" black as opposed to a lighter shade...

A lighter shade of black would be gray...

Danical
12-24-2007, 12:04 AM
The only alter I own.

a stained black velvet cloak

Several greasy stains mar the fabric of the cloak near an embroidered crossed mallet and peg on the left breast, and its hem is slightly tattered. The cloak's interior sports several pockets, most of which are hidden among its voluminous folds, as well as a series of dark leather loops that lines the cloak's waist, resembling a large tool belt. No light passes through the thick material, including the hood, making it impossible to determine its contents by sight alone.

Kayse
12-25-2007, 06:34 AM
My favorite:
*a waist-length beige wool coat
Formed from thick beige wool, the style of this coat features a high collar and waist-length bottom hem. Austere, and yet tailored to taper inwards at the waist to better suit a female form, the coat fastens down the right side with a line of smooth glimaerstone cabochon buttons. Lining the inside of the coat is layered silk dyed a dark brown.
(Thanks to Nikki for helping me put that into words)

* a thin linen raspberry tote tied with a cream silk ribbon

*a high-collared cream damask gown with an off-white gauze overlay and long belled sleeves

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
12-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Well, it was mentioned previously... figured I may aswell post it.

an ugly stick
Obviously grown on a very ugly tree, this stick has been gnarled and beaten by the ravages of time and weather. Small bits of decaying matter and patches of unidentifiable sap-like fluid cover the surface lending an appearance that can only be described as ugly. The end of the stick curls into a misshapen and bulbous handle that may provide some functionality to this hideous aberration.

Stanley Burrell
12-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I think I vaguely recall that abomination belonging to Zimzum.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-26-2007, 05:21 AM
I saw these on Siphere and really liked them:

some stormy black silk robes shot with veniom threads along the hem and collar

Gnomad
12-26-2007, 05:04 PM
a slightly curved black dagger

The blade of the dagger is slightly curved, sharpened on both sides to allow slashing in multiple directions. Over a foot long, the blade is marked with a small silver-edged sword amidst a golden sunburst. A small fork is cut into the blade's tip, while the bottom six inches trailing toward the hilt are wickedly serrated. Curving down to protect the bearer's knuckles, the hand-guard of the hilt bears a sharpened outer edge. Strands of black leather wind loosely about the darkened oak hilt. You notice a small enchanter's glyph and Daulken's crafting mark.I hate to nitpick, but two things: First, traditionally, daggers are made for stabbing. Knives are made for cutting. If you are using it for "slashing in multiple directions" (which you would be, if the blade is curved), then it is a knife.

Second, it should be a slightly-curved black dagger, although i realize that's probably a 15/15/15 issue.

Hips
12-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Missoni shows you a captured amaranth flower choker, which she is holding in her right hand. A single amaranth blossom has been pressed between two delicate panes of clear glass to eternally preserve its vivid, sanguine hue. A frame of mistwood surrounds the flower, the wood carved into the shape of a heart and burled smooth to bring out its silvery hue. Alabaster silk is meant to encircle the neck tightly and suspend the delicate piece at the base of the throat.

So hot!

Allereli
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
an abyran-handled rune-brush

Smooth mistwood forms the handle of this brush. The top is carved with an onyx-eyed humanoid face, complete with a pair of protrusions from the head. The torso of the abyran is painted a deep purple hue. Below the torso, the body takes on the shape and texture of a snake, complete with intricately carved scales painted in varying hues of green, purple, and black. The rune-brush's bristles are clean and smooth.

Iophea did the show, I thought she did a really good job just giving her a paragraph description of an abyran from Krakiipedia.

BTW, chamber pots are a no-no :( tried to have a painted and scorched pot (cauldron) made into one

DCSL
12-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Now now, you all know damn well that no one in GS, person or animal, has an asshole. Except when it's for sexual purposes. Ugh. So no one can fart or needs a chamber pot.

B2
12-30-2007, 07:31 PM
There WAS a chamber pot found in a box in the past year or so.

Allereli
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
nice, know who has it?

Hips
01-07-2008, 01:19 AM
a silver-meshed black opal ring: A black opal serves as the central focus of the ring, while an intricate silver mesh encases the gem in a brilliant cage of lustrous hues. The silver arcs and swirls in complex patterns, its glistening curves set aflame by the deep black hues of the opal behind it. Forming a circle around the shadowy tones of the gem are eight silver points, resembling glimmering stars set against the black void of midnight.

I cannot express in words how much I love Voraviel's merchants. Hottest Arkati-themed stuff EVAR.

Amaron
01-07-2008, 01:36 AM
I love Verrath's work too:

Verrath shows you a silvered dark obsidian wristlet, which he is holding in his right hand. The wristlet is crafted from deep black obsidian, its surface swept with striations of dark greys and blues. Small ringlets of the obsidian curve upwards, forming razored edges that meld into a mesh of lustrous silver. The silvery webwork plays across the darkness of the stone, its blade-like patterns coalescing into eight distinct starbursts.

I love this merchant.

Nauriel
01-07-2008, 08:31 AM
*dies a little inside* I got there too late at Verrath, im such a sad panda. I wanted my uber evil Lornon themed alter of DOOOOOOOM. :(

ViridianAsp
01-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Me too :(

Amaron
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I think he would have done more, but he was getting flack for his restrictions.

J

DCSL
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Wait a minute. Didn't Voraviel quit?!

Hips
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I thought so, but he must be back! No one else could be as randomly disturbingly awesome as he. :D

DCSL
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
That's great! I've almost been out completely for a year but it still crushed a little something inside to think of a GS without Voraviel. He's like the last bastion of over-the-top. ;_;

Aneris
01-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I think I vaguely recall that abomination belonging to Zimzum.

That particular work of art belongs to me, not Zimzum, though sometimes I wish it belonged to someone else and that I had never designed it.

thefarmer
01-18-2008, 06:03 AM
an ivory-gilded lor scabbard

Slender and long, the scabbard is fashioned of a thin piece of lor. Burnished to a light sheen, the natural wood grain can be seen amidst the ivory gildings. Darkened scrimshaw designs decorate the long strips of inset ivory, each displaying a different battle scene. All of the macabre scenes have one repeated feature to them, that of a krolvin being slaughtered. A thin missive is etched upon the spine.
In the Common language, it reads:
When wind is again filled with speech, I may lay rest on my path.

Friend of mine finally got the bandoleer I gave him for a present worked on. Now it's no longer a frog and he has something to match his lor banded ivory hunting horn. If only he didn't have to go with the krolvin theme all the time..

7Seconds
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
an asymmetric ash-hued tear-drop shield emblazoned with a large sanguine pentagram

it's rolaren to

IDK I like it...

7Seconds
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
some smooth spherical prayerbeads of dark crimson-veined slate

forgot about these to... and to think that merchant thought they had a Faendryl pegged to pick an arkati to theme them to.

Nauriel
01-23-2008, 04:02 AM
an asymmetric ash-hued tear-drop shield emblazoned with a large sanguine pentagram

it's rolaren to

IDK I like it...

I think it would be better if tear-drop didnt have a hyphen ;)

7Seconds
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree, two hyphenated words back to back is tacky.

DelawhereAmi
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
a five-ringed silver armlet(Show: Designed to coil snugly against the upper-arm, these rings have been hand-wrought together to create this eloquent piece. Upon closer examination, each of the five silver rings have been set with tiny precious gemstones. Ruby, blue sapphire, obsidian, peridot, and white chalcedony fragments have been delicately chiseled into a handful of beads to adorn the individual rings of the armlet.)

Nilandia
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Yay Lumnis alters!

Gretchen

DelawhereAmi
01-24-2008, 09:40 AM
a polychromatic mesh cloak(Show: Crafted with time and patience, the outside of this cloak has been constructed with a myriad of tiny undulating silver veniom rings and scale fragments. The inside has been lined with swathes of dark amethyst silk, providing an inside sheath against the otherwise annoyance of the mesh. Five tiny multicolored conjoined circles inlaid with a shimmering gold scroll serve has an intricate clasp.)

The wording in the show can stand to be edited a little, but hey - they made it polychromatic!

Nilandia
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I can just see someone's hair getting caught in it. Ouch!

(Yay Lumnis!)

Gretchen

Hips
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
OMG IT CHANGED. :O

a floral-motif eahnor ring
Endowed with a twilight-lavender hue, a princess-cut shimmarglin sapphire sits in the central fitting of the eahnor band, its surface carefully etched with a fully bloomed stargazer lily. Cradling the gem in a gentle embrace, a thin inlay of shaded imflass foil is molded to resemble a bed of pale pink roses. An alternating series of tiny ivory honeysuckles and aubergine violets are engraved along the length of the band, creating a pair of twisting floral chains.
In the Sylvankind language, it reads:
Yesterday is gone. Today is eternal.

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Thought this was pretty alright:

She appears to be a Human of the Tehir tribes.
She is average height. She has exotic sable-lashed dark hazel eyes and bronze skin. She has long, silken chestnut hair that falls to her waist in tousled sun-kissed curls.
Her face is concealed by a simple black spidersilk mask.
She has a diamond-inset ivory bone spike in her lip, and tattooed tribal patterns inked in sienna hues spiraling from her left brow to encircle her neck.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a sun-etched copper map case, a slender bronze-scaled lizard, a series of copper bangles, a rough jute choker beaded with agate and copper, a copper-boned fiery red silk bodice with kerchief sleeves, some silk-laced suede yierka hide leggings, some tall sand viper-skin boots with slim copper buckles, a layered cloak of mottled gold and orange silk, a gold-corded silken coin purse, some fitted golvern-inlaid brigandine fastened with brushed silver buckles, a beaded leather herb pouch, a knotwork etched copper torc, and a veniom-banded black leather back-scabbard with a silvery white imflass sai and a silvery white imflass sai strapped to it.

diethx
02-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Thought this was pretty alright:

She is average height. She has exotic sable-lashed dark hazel eyes and bronze skin. She has long, silken chestnut hair that falls to her waist in tousled sun-kissed curls.
Her face is concealed by a simple black spidersilk mask.
She has a diamond-inset ivory bone spike in her lip, and tattooed tribal patterns inked in sienna hues spiraling from her left brow to encircle her neck.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a sun-etched copper map case, a slender bronze-scaled lizard, a series of copper bangles, a rough jute choker beaded with agate and copper, a copper-boned fiery red silk bodice with kerchief sleeves, some silk-laced suede yierka hide leggings, some tall sand viper-skin boots with slim copper buckles, a layered cloak of mottled gold and orange silk, a gold-corded silken coin purse, some fitted golvern-inlaid brigandine fastened with brushed silver buckles, a beaded leather herb pouch, a knotwork etched copper torc, and a veniom-banded black leather back-scabbard with a silvery white imflass sai and a silvery white imflass sai strapped to it.

Sort auto head.

Asha
02-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Sort auto head.

QFT - God how hard can it be.
I had that on a script named 's' that I instinctively activated every time I logged in, and sometimes just becouse I want to at random.

Bobmuhthol
02-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Why do people give a fuck about sorting?

Asha
02-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Obsessive. Did it since the beginning.

Oh wait I tell a lie there was one time about 6 years ago that I thought having a full screen of items on my character made him look high lvl. Fuck sorting that.

Kayse
02-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Why do people give a fuck about sorting?

I understand the "obession" a bit. :) I find it more visually pleasing since it is a text base game and find it easier to read and imagine what the character is wearing to read it from head to toe. Usually when I log in I just need to sort auto reverse, but I feel like the fashion police are going to be after me if I forget. :)

Murr
02-01-2008, 09:52 PM
For some reason my spectacles sort below my robe.

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I liked it because it was coppery and I'm Jewish. I think I can say that. Coppery alters are pimp.

diethx
02-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I find it more visually pleasing since it is a text base game and find it easier to read and imagine what the character is wearing to read it from head to toe.

Ditto.

For some reason my spectacles sort below my robe.

Because they're pin worn. The pin worn slots sort below the cloak worn spots. That's the imperfection in sort auto head - you still need to adjust any and all pin worns. Still, it's a huge improvement over how it was until the sort verb came about.

Friendpatine
02-01-2008, 11:28 PM
She has long, silken chestnut hair that falls to her waist in tousled sun-kissed curls.

Sun-kissed-ness bothers me for some reason. Sounds vaguely sweet and kitteny.

DCSL
02-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Sun-kissed bothers me more because it's so prevalent amongst the nature-loving-but-uber-cute-and-sexy set. It's not wrong just because it's popular but it's not right because it's popular, either.

Shari
02-02-2008, 10:25 AM
To fix that whole pin-worn shit, just SORT AUTO REVERSE when you log in after getting everything in the right "order" and viola!

Elvenlady
02-10-2008, 09:31 AM
:heart: my dhe'nar's FWI transport item:

a silver-caged luna moth pendant

>l pendant
You see your pendant. Strung on a delicate silver chain, and enclosed within a spherical cage of cleverly contorted filigree, is a fragile luna moth wrought from the finest faenor. Natural veins of darker green and grey sweep across the verdant wings of this beautifully crafted insect, the metal beaten so thin as to be almost translucent. The slightest movement causes the moth to tumble within its silvery cell as if fluttering in protest of its incarceration; the metals chiming softly against each other to raise the alarm.

It is surrounded by a scintillating light.

Nilandia
02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
a dark green chainsil bliaut veiled on the trailing skirts with a haze of pale willow leaf embroidery

a soft river blue chainsil bliaut scattered with pale shadows of painted alabaster water lillies

Yay Lyneri! So awesome to find someone who can alter Naleas and who can design so brilliantly!

Gretchen

Gnomad
02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
chainsil bliaut

alright now you're just making up words

that or linen tunic didn't sound as poetic

(on a serious note, it's a very nice alter, but i feel like it's lost on 99% of the gaming population - does that bother you?)

diethx
02-11-2008, 02:07 AM
(on a serious note, it's a very nice alter, but i feel like it's lost on 99% of the gaming population - does that bother you?)

Normally i'd totally agree with you, but both chainsil and bliaut are pretty common these days. I'd guess that more than 50% of women playing GS, and probably a good amount of the men as well know those terms.

thefarmer
02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
It's a dress.

That's all a guy needs to know about those fancy words...

Nilandia
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
alright now you're just making up words

that or linen tunic didn't sound as poetic

Me? Make up words? Surely you jest! ;)

Yes, it is a type of dress, but bliauts are traditional Sylvan garb and chainsil, a very fine linen, is favored by the Sylvans. More info, along with pictures, found here: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/costumes/sylvans.asp

(Though I really am not in love with the men's look. I wouldn't inflict that on anyone.)

Gretchen

CrystalTears
02-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Normally i'd totally agree with you, but both chainsil and bliaut are pretty common these days. I'd guess that more than 50% of women playing GS, and probably a good amount of the men as well know those terms.
And those 50% are probably the only ones who see and care about the detail of every person walking by, so they feel the need to have variety and find alternative words for the simplest of items.

But as long as the people who wear and view are happy, that's all that matters. For me, I'm content with hat, pants, skirt, dress and let the adjectives do the work for the detailing.

Hips
02-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Elanthian Elegance may be hosting an educational trivia contest on some of the more obscure clothing nouns in order to help inform the general population (or those who attend, anyway) just what exactly those items are. :)

If anyone is interested, I encourage you to check http://www.veii.net/elegance/events.htm for updates after the Nalea Swap takes place in March.

Nilandia
03-01-2008, 05:01 PM
a bone-gripped smokey obsidian lancet ~ Numerous concave nicks and scratches imprint upon the fine obsidian, its glossy black giving way to pale grey as testament to its keenly honed cutting edge, which is knapped to razor sharpness. Ultra thin bands of sinew form a tight weave that binds the volcanic glass to a bone grip that bears a plethora of scrimshaw runes denoting healing. A series of acantha leaves is etched in a ring about a wide-eyed doe at the flat base.

I'm usually not a rune-type person, but Thandiwe designed this so perfectly for Nilandia on Thursday, I couldn't help falling in love with it. I gave her the basic idea along with the first sentence and a sketch of what the rest would look like, and she took it from there. Perfect for a healer who prefers natural materials!

Gretchen

Hips
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
a bone-gripped smokey obsidian lancet ~ Numerous concave nicks and scratches imprint upon the fine obsidian, its glossy black giving way to pale grey as testament to its keenly honed cutting edge, which is knapped to razor sharpness. Ultra thin bands of sinew form a tight weave that binds the volcanic glass to a bone grip that bears a plethora of scrimshaw runes denoting healing. A series of acantha leaves is etched in a ring about a wide-eyed doe at the flat base.

Thandiwe ftw. No matter what she designs it always turns out awesome.

Allereli
04-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Eniwean edited my show extremely well IMO, so here's my moonstone alteration:

a wispy grey ampoule

Filled with a white liquid that is clearly visible through the glass, the bottom of the ampoule tapers to a pointed tip that is a solid grey in hue. Twin wisps of grey wind their way up from the solid glass and grow gradually translucent as they near the rim, which has an extremely tiny opaline moonstone inlaid into a thin silver band. Attached to the band is a slender silver thread that is long enough to allow the piece to be worn.

Hips
04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
That's hot. Eniwein = amazing, she tweaked my show and made it absolutely gorgeous.

a silver-webbed moonstone orb bracelet: Delicate silver strands are woven into a close-knit braided mesh to form tiny web-like cages for the small orbs of silvery moonstone that form the flexible bracelet. Soft shades of silver chase one another across the pallid surfaces of the gems as light strikes them at differing angles to perfectly mimic the natural phenomenon of moonlight shining through thin clouds. A clever hasp is hidden within one of the braids so that the piece never tapers, but is always the same uniform thickness.

And Jay's armor, total hotness.

a faenor-scaled ebony eahnor breastplate: Polished and buffed to a lustrous shine, the ebony eahnor breastplate has narrow straps at the collarbone that are hidden behind olivine faenor ravens - their bodies perched upon the shoulders and their wings dipping downward in both the front and the back. The right hand avian's clawed feet dip down to clutch a crescent-shaped silvery moonstone that adorns the breast there, while the end culminates in knee-length faenor scaled tasset that is held in place by rolaren rivets.

NocturnalRob
04-25-2008, 02:04 PM
a plethora of scrimshaw runes

Jefe, what is a plethora?

diethx
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Jefe, what is a plethora?

A crapton.

LadyLaphrael
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm fairly pleased with all the work I managed to get done over the last few days:

a wing-bladed ivory vultite falchion

The silver hilt of this falchion has been designed to match the profile of the female form. Like a dancer, she arches her body away from the blade's edge with her arms outstretched as the crossbar; one reaching forward and the other back. Protruding from her back is an ivory blade with several striations leading from the fuller towards a wide-serration edge, giving the blade the overall appearance of a sharply feathered wing.

a slender ivory-hued stiletto

Forged from a single piece of glaes, this stiletto depicts a slender and very stylized female form. White leather is wrapped around the torso to add comfort to the grip. Thin wings, covered in a pure white enamel, fold down and taper outward to form a short crossbar. The figure's legs extend in exaggerated length, narrowing to a sharpened point at the feet.

some silvered fine chain armor

Rolaren links, coated with a shining silver enamel, are masterfully crafted into a fine, fitted mesh designed to conform to the wearer's body. Several of the links, retaining their original deep blue-black hue, form the shape of an eight-pointed star along the flat of the back.

lrb508
04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
<<Thought this was pretty alright:

She is average height. She has exotic sable-lashed dark hazel eyes and bronze skin. She has long, silken chestnut hair that falls to her waist in tousled sun-kissed curls.>>

Seriously, if I see tousled or sun-kissed in one more hair alter, I am going to scream. Or wind-blown. Especially if it's wind-blown AND sun-kissed.

Allereli
06-24-2008, 11:23 AM
completely Siolan's design, made to match my empath (she'll get it back eventually), fully unlocked, too:

a niveous feystone-hilted dagger

The blade of this weapon is exquisitely sharp and bears no flaws, appearing to be well kept. The only interruption of its snowy hue is a subtle line of engraving that travels from the tip in a sinuous line to the guard. As it nears the base, it thickens into a vine, tinged a faint green. At the shoulder of the weapon, an orchid has been etched, and the grooves filled with enamels in shades of violet and purple. The hilt, crafted of feystone, is wrapped with white suede, spiraling the lavender stone. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Hips
06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
I already told you last night, but I loooove it. So pretty!

thefarmer
06-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I was gonna ask about that. It's nice. Siolan's always done a great job every time I've gotten her work. Partially why I don't even try to come up with a full idea, but just a partial one.

Still like my flail better.

Winter's Kiss
06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Since we are on favorites and Siolan.. Luna's skinning knife that Siolan designed some odd years back when I first met her.

a wickedly curved skinning knife

Honed to a razor-sharp edge, this skinning tool is made of a gleaming obsidian that has sinuous veins of silver running the length of the blade. Heavily etched into the base of the blade itself are silver runes the seem to writhe when the light hits them. The small grip is encased in supple leather that has been dyed a deep ebon and entwined with silver wire, and set into the pommel is a small raven-etched onyx disc.

And my other favorite is her armor concealer..

an ebon marbrinus longcoat

Tailored from midnight blue and ebon marbrinus, the longcoat falls to rest at the ankles with a long split up the back. Smoky glaes cinches run up the front and at the cuffs, fastening the longcoat securely and ensuring a close fit. Dark incarnadine lining peeks out from the short, stiff collar and turned back cuffs, while a small stitched symbol of a cracked skull sits at the back of the neck below the collar in glossy thread.

DCSL
06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
I won't lie. I'm bored right now. Intensely bored. So I created a character. I'm not playing GS or anything but character design was always one of my favorite aspects of the game, so I did it, with at least three or four outfits for her. While engaging in this pointlessness, I looked at my own alteration records for inspiration.

It's hard for me to pick out favorites because I had uh.. many many alteration services while I was in GS so I picked one from certain categories. These are my all-time favorite GS alterations (of my own or designed by a merchant for me).

a brilliant-cut black diamond ferroniere w/show
Dark as a moonless sky, still the many facets of the brilliant-cut diamond glitter with a starry radiance against a seven-rayed eahnor setting. A delicate, thread-thin chain suspends the black jewel in such a way that it would rest on its wearer's forehead like a third eye.

a halo of long sharp lor hairsticks

a cast-silver illthorn leaf choker
The pieces of the choker have been individually cast in the shape of small, seven-pointed illthorn leaves, and positioned to partially overlap each other. A tiny hook-and-chain clasp is hidden between two of the leaves to fasten the choker in the appearance of a neverending loop, with a polished obsidian bead anchoring the dangling chain.

a brilliant red eahnor choker shaped like a pair of strangling hands

a silver-gilded illthorn leaf charm
The beautiful seven-pointed star shape of the illthorn leaf has been preserved forever in a fine coating of luminous pale silver, thin enough to show every vein in stark relief. The charm hangs from a loop on the stem, threaded through with a black silk cord.

a full set of sharp eahnor finger-talons
The talons are designed to fit snugly over each and every finger, cunningly segmented and jointed to preserve ease of movement. Cast in dark sanguine eahnor, elaborate etched swirls coruscate sinuously across the surface of the metal. The sharp, faintly curved tip of each talon is blackened tellingly.

a sunstone and two-tone eahnor anklet
Fashioned into a heavy cuff style anklet, dozens of eahnor strands are woven in a dizzying pattern around a single large sunstone cabochon. Half of the eahnor is preserved in its natural vivid scarlet, interwoven with eahnor so dark it retains only highlights of its usual red. The blackened metal casts darkening shadows through the sunstone, turning the sparkling red jewel the color of blood by night.

a feathery ebon basilisk skin stole
This long, luxurious stole is constructed of the skinned wings and back of a basilisk, and lined with butter-soft black suede. The rooster-like plumage has been carefully preserved and cared for, so that the ebon feathers gleam with beetle-green iridescence.

a full-length open ebon suede longcoat
Framing rather than concealing, the longcoat has no way to fasten it closed, designed to hang open as it falls in a straight line from shoulders to near floor-length hem. An odd combination of black feathers and fur unique to the griffin species lines the interior of the longcoat, providing a warm, downy complement to the exterior of soft suede.

a deep sanguine faille gown with a rigidly boned heart-shaped bodice flaring into full trailing skirts

a wide-necked smoky blue chainsil gown trailing streamers of black silk

a glistening green satin cotehardie with subtle ophidian scaling along the trailing skirts

a gold silk single-strapped gown
The dress is crafted of a single piece of dark gold silk with deep reddish undertones towards the hem, cut in a narrow sheath style designed to hang close to the upper body before going straight down from the hips. A solitary silk ribbon trimmed with carmine beads fastens on the dress to the front left, goes over the right shoulder, and fastens again in the back left side.

a reptilian faenor-beaded corset
The corset is cut with a faintly curving, strapless neckline that flows easily into a classic v-shape, ending over the hips with a sharp point in the front and back. Hundreds of miniscule, dark-veined green faenor beads cover the viridian silk surface, glistening like the pebbled skin of some exotic reptile. Tiny, close-set hooks fasten the corset down the back and present an almost seamless garment.

an illuminated starscape fan
The fan's frame is formed of slender, sharp-pointed black glaes slats, each with a star-shaped cut out near its tip. Alternating white and midnight blue zorchar stars fill each hole, glowing pale and cold through the translucent glaes. Thin paper webs between the slats, featuring a painted night sky scene. Illuminated in white zorchar, the full Lornon moon and tiny stars shine vividly against a blue-sheened ebon sky.

an unusually tall fireleaf runestaff
The runestaff is strikingly tall in height, reaching as high as the tallest giantman, with the deep natural furrows of the wood smoothed away, leaving only the slightest of ripples to show the origins of the wood. Lacking any adornment, the fireleaf has been treated with a dark stain, imparting to it a rich, reddish-black hue.

an extra long silver vultite dagger
The dagger is straight, thin, and unusually long, with a pale blue tint to the silver-dyed vultite blade. A dark suede-wrapped grip yields to a simple hilt. Written in serpentine script along the unsharpened edge of the blade are these words, "STABBITY DEATH!"

a sleek eahnor aishan head pauldron
Several tones and shades of eahnor have been used to form the pauldron, and thick spidersilk straps are meant to secure it to the shoulder. The aishan's head shape, from narrow muzzle to flared ruff, has been distorted beyond even its normal demonic countenance; the wolfish face has far too many sharp teeth and a sinuous jointed tongue serves to curl around the wearer's arm. The demon's eyes are particularly well done, rendered in a range of metals designed to distort a viewer's mirrored image.

an eahnor and black glaes breastplate
Translucent black glaes has been finely crafted into four segments to preserve a wide range of movement while providing the kind of protection only fine plate can. The chest and upper back pieces overlap snugly with the plates covering the abdomen and lower back and are polished to a smooth finish. Flames of scarlet eahnor are reflected beneath the surface of the glaes, shifting in a spectral dance as the metal inlay beneath the glaes catches the light.

Hmm.. that seems like a lot so I'm going to stop there. It's hard to pick only that many, even. Looking at that, it's hard to tell that my favorite color is actually blue.

waywardgs
06-30-2008, 07:00 PM
A loose black linen shirt

Made of the softest linen, the loose fit of this beautifully crafted shirt is designed for freedom of movement and serves to keep the wearer cool. Black leather laces run through brushed silver eyelets up the front, spreading open as they reach the relaxed collar. The ends of the sleeves are held together with adjustable leather straps, where twin dagger sheaths are barely visible on the underside of each wrist. Embroidered on each of the cuffs is a small cracked white skull.

Dual dagger shirt. Some of the wording isn't exactly how I wanted it, but I still thought it turned out well.

DelawhereAmi
07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
These will probably go to the demonic with me, I get greedy like that with some of my character's belongings - and yes, I realize they are nothing but wasted space or even air, nothing tangible - but I just can't let them go. It's like my first alter ever with some of these, but not really...

a spiraling silver thumb band(Show: Designed to spiral snugly around the thumb, the band has been hand-crafted from a thick strip of silver. A small onyx-bodied spider has been inset into the center of the spiral, its fangs emphasized by tiny slivers of indigo sapphire.)

a silver-hued silk bag(Show: Dark indigo stitchery zigzags over the entire outer folds of the bag, the pattern nearly identical to the miracle of a spider's web. Intricate silver-hued veniom hooks and loops have been inset around the opening and serve as protection against unwanted fingers. Small onyx-bodied spider charms adorn every other loop, their fangs emphasized with tiny slivers of indigo sapphire.)

a silver coiling dragon armlet(Show: Crafted of silver into the likeness of a sleeping dragon, this armlet is designed to coil its way around the upper arm, with its large onyx-clawed feet draping around the limb tightly, to hold a snug fit against the wearer. Slitted eyes of blue sapphire peer out from beneath some half-opened lids, keeping a careful watch on its surroundings.)

some ornate body-defining armor(Show: Bound tightly up the sides of the mid-section of the armor, twin rows of indigo-veined ebon veniom hooks and loops have been sewn onto the surface as clasps. Starting just below the left shoulder is shimmering silver stitchwork in a complex spider's web, spiraling down to the left thigh. Imbedded onto the left hip of the armor a smudge of onyx dust has been inlaid in the form of a spider, with its backside embellished with a tiny hourglass-shaped indigo sapphire.)

Spert01
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
a bone-stitched black sailcloth eyepatch

In the center of the black eyepatch, heavy white thread outlines two crossed bones silhouetted upon a tart. Small golden musical notes have been embroidered along the cotton strap, bordering an embroidered line of flamboyant lettering that reads, "Arrrrr, me matey!"

Allereli
12-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Winnah! of the CHE ornament contest, designed by Desorceri:

a nest of three owlets ornament

A trio of newborn owlets huddles together, their bright heliodor eyes gleaming. Snow-covered eggshell caps don their heads, with a loop of veniom thread atop the center one. The words, "Twilight Hall, 5108: Love, Peace, and Hope," have been written on a festive red ribbon entwined in the twigs around the base of the nest.

DCSL
12-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Looks like a piece of Lucky Brand jewelry.

JARVISN
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM
I changed career paths and sold it, but when Noldi was a 2-hander dwarf warrior, this was my pet:

a bone-hilted dwarven claidhmore

Formed from the jawbone of a massive troll lord, the bone hilt is intricately carved into the shape of a dragon's body, its wings spread wide, forming the hilts. Engraved the length of the fine blade is the image of fire-red flames that seem to make the blade shimmer, just slightly.

Farn
02-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I always liked the first alter I ever had done. I had some 4x steam-flaring axe I had bought off the shelf at a Zul Logoth festival, and I had it altered into "a rusty hatchet with a warped oak haft." Seemed appropriate, and not flashy. I think Vermenh and Swetelove helped me with the idea. I was at the festival for a stealing spree with our little group of thieves and ended up with my first-ever alter. It was a big deal for me, back in the good old days.

The-Pwny-Express
02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
peer into mirror

He is holding a massive shadowy black veniom-banded vultite war maul with razor-sharp eonake spikes in his right hand.
He is wearing a massive black veniom-bound mithril alloy war mask, an oversized shadowy black habergeon trimmed in dark blue veniom, a massive black lootbag crafted from heavy mithril alloy mesh, a transparent infinity symbol with a swirling shadowy interior, some enormous black veniom-toed mithril alloy war boots, a mithril alloy mesh weapons harness, a mithril alloy mesh greatcloak, a winged mithril alloy warhelm

zomg you pimpnasty bastage!

Durgrimst
02-14-2010, 08:33 PM
peer into mirror

He is holding a massive shadowy black veniom-banded vultite war maul with razor-sharp eonake spikes in his right hand.
He is wearing a massive black veniom-bound mithril alloy war mask, an oversized shadowy black habergeon trimmed in dark blue veniom, a massive black lootbag crafted from heavy mithril alloy mesh, a transparent infinity symbol with a swirling shadowy interior, some enormous black veniom-toed mithril alloy war boots, a mithril alloy mesh weapons harness, a mithril alloy mesh greatcloak, a winged mithril alloy warhelm

I hope your a giankin, because you have a lot of REALLY big items on you.

yesicj
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
You sure did use a lot of synonyms for big. Are you projecting your insecurities or something?

The-Pwny-Express
02-14-2010, 08:38 PM
yes. My ingame giantman has a very small weiner. So he compensates for it by having massive and enormous items

CanadianLady
02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
yes. I have a very small weiner. So I compensate for it by having massive and enormous items for my ingame giantman.

fixed!

DaCapn
02-14-2010, 10:26 PM
peer into mirror

I would have quoted you in the bad alter thread again but I'm pretty sure you're playing the negative attention game.

Morph
02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I like these 2 that I made.

You tap a triton sentry tattoo that you are wearing. The sentry crawls on webbed feet, his empty, oozing eyesockets wide as he succumbs to the black void surrounding him.

You tap a dashing jet black spidersilk coat embroidered with intricate runes at the cuffs and lapels that you are wearing.

Farn
02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
You tap a dashing jet black spidersilk coat embroidered with intricate runes at the cuffs and lapels that you are wearing.

You forgot to specify which kind of runes those are. Death-, ancient-, -of power/destruction, -that pulsate with every beat of your heart, and so on.

The-Pwny-Express
02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I would have quoted you in the bad alter thread again but I'm pretty sure you're playing the negative attention game.

this^ lol

The-Pwny-Express
02-15-2010, 07:21 PM
fixed!

I'm swingin 6. That's above average, so I'm pretty comfortable with that. I have come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to fulfill my lifelong ambition of being a male adult film star. Sadly, I came up a couple inches too short. I can however function in day to day life. The occasional gf's, fuckbuddy's, and one night stands that have come and gone have at times had bad things to say about me. But "he's terrible in bed" was never one of them. However, thank you for your terribly mean spirited comment....and canadian beer sucks.

CanadianLady
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
You're very welcome, and I have to agree with you about the beer!

Stry
02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm swingin 6. ..and canadian beer sucks.

A few points.

1- The fact that you have to post a defense about your size, shows insecurity. Try to do better.

2- Most "adult film stars" actually use Steroids injected directly into their penis or other supplementation. (Oh the things you learn in college.) So don't beat yourself up to badly.

3- Obama will fix Gemstone. Monks will arrive. Mining will be completed, and Simutronics will pull their heads out and care about their customer's. That is all.

:weirdthread:

The-Pwny-Express
02-15-2010, 11:09 PM
A few points.

1- The fact that you have to post a defense about your size, shows insecurity. Try to do better.

2- Most "adult film stars" actually use Steroids injected directly into their penis or other supplementation. (Oh the things you learn in college.) So don't beat yourself up to badly.

3- Obama will fix Gemstone. Monks will arrive. Mining will be completed, and Simutronics will pull their heads out and care about their customer's. That is all.

:weirdthread:

A few more points

1- I didn't know my post was in defensive. I thought I was just responding. Stance off

2-(oh the things you learn in college) more like the things you learn while researching on the pc on how to increase ur manhood. What class was this?

3-Obama might pull off a fix on the economy, but even he could not bring about the release of monks in GS. Also, simutronics will continue to do whatever the fuck they want, as long as ppl still drop money on it. They are drug dealers. They know full well they have you hooked.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
02-18-2010, 06:25 PM
I won't lie. I'm bored right now. Intensely bored. So I created a character. I'm not playing GS or anything but character design was always one of my favorite aspects of the game, so I did it, with at least three or four outfits for her. While engaging in this pointlessness, I looked at my own alteration records for inspiration.

It's hard for me to pick out favorites because I had uh.. many many alteration services while I was in GS so I picked one from certain categories. These are my all-time favorite GS alterations (of my own or designed by a merchant for me).This made me nostalgic, so I'm doing the same!

I didn't grab a shot of all my alterations before my accounts closed, but I was going back through posts with various alterations. I wish I could find Navena's outfits because they were pretty awesome, and I can't find the specific description of a case I had made. Basically though it featured a scene of Eorgina throwing the last elf craftsman over the edge of a paraphet onto a pile of dead, broken elves below.

Some stuff I liked, mostly on sweet little Aru:
a slender pale linden collar suspending a backless gown of pooling pale silk
a trailing cream lace-over-muslin gown with layered funnel sleeves
a sleek gown of rich indigo silk with long sleeves suspended from copper coils
a leathery flesh-hued corset cinched with a dizzying array of tiny black steel hooks
a plunging nightshade-over-heather silk gown with a trailing scalloped hem
a hip-length green blue chainsil corset rigidly-boned with thorn carved modwir

a suit of fitted obsidian leather brigandine scaled with despanal-hued steel

And this was her other hunting outfit:
a leather and steel gorget lined with soft linen
a thickly quilted natural linen gambeson laced down each side
a suit of fitted balsam green leather brigandine strapped with black steel buckles
some knee-high chocolate suede boots with slender toes.

Those boots got a ton of use, looking back.

I found the mirror I made for Narcissiia, it talks whenever she looks into it, telling her how hawt she is.

a lor-handled mosaic mirror
The smoothly-lacquered lor handle, left uncarved and wholly immaculate, rises up into the mosaic frame of this mirror. Hues of green glass ranging from emerald and peridot to rich pine and balsam, make up the majority of the backdrop, with tones of ivory and white comprising blossomed arrangements of narcissus blooms patterned on the sides and across the back of the mirror. A smooth dark glass face rests in the center, unbroken by any adornment or etchings.

I think I designed the bulk of Telare's wardrobe, I remember I really loved this robe:

a tall-collared stygian silk robe with deep tempest grey damask-lined sleeves

Abilene
02-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Don't have an example right now, but I love 'arabesque' in the description. And I really like marquetry wood items.
That is all!

Latrinsorm
02-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't know, man, it doesn't seem like a long way from "arabesque" to "french". I also am not a big fan of "damascened".
a leathery flesh-hued corset cinched with a dizzying array of tiny black steel hooks...hm...
a thickly quilted natural linen gambeson laced down each sideOk, now I am aroused.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
The flesh-hued corset was for her Ebon Gate costume. She dressed as a zombie. She had one of those feature changing masks too.

Burgh
03-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Burgh showed up and was picked for an alter by Tolby. It caught me off guard, as I hadn't given alters much thought. So, we went with simplicity.

an understated black bowtie

Okay, not really good, but I like it.

By the way, how do premium points work when people sell them here? Does that mean people get an interest in the seller's premium points, and the buyer can direct the seller what to do with them (ultimately delivering a product to the buyer)?

Nilandia
03-03-2010, 09:07 AM
The buyer essentially buys the use of the points. The seller takes the item from the buyer and uses the points on that item as the buyer designates. Since the seller must have the item to spend the points, it's generally recommended that the buyer finds someone they trust.

Gretchen

Fulsin
03-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Not sure if this is good, but I tried my damnedest!

You tap a bloated Imperial Guard tattoo that you are wearing.
>look my tatt
The inked guard lies prone with features twisted by horror and flesh tinted the pallid blue shade of death. His cloudy grey eyes stare into the distance while a faint trickle of blood escapes his lips, dribbling down his chin into a pool on the ground. A dagger hilt sticks out of his grotesquely swollen belly.

-Fulsin

Speaking lovingly to an animated monkey, you say, "Hello, Grandsome."

4a6c1
03-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Not sure if this is good, but I tried my damnedest!

You tap a bloated Imperial Guard tattoo that you are wearing.
>look my tatt
The inked guard lies prone with features twisted by horror and flesh tinted the pallid blue shade of death. His cloudy grey eyes stare into the distance while a faint trickle of blood escapes his lips, dribbling down his chin into a pool on the ground. A dagger hilt sticks out of his grotesquely swollen belly.

-Fulsin

Speaking lovingly to an animated monkey, you say, "Hello, Grandsome."

Yuck. And awesome.

IorakeWarhammer
03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
>tap tatt
You tap a spitting skayl tattoo that you are wearing.
>exam tatt
This scowling conflagration takes no concrete manifestation except its gaping maw. Flames are shooting out of this mouth, while the edges of the skayl remain loose with the appearance of ooze.

top shottah
03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
they can't do body bags since its out of genre, soooo...

a sturdy black leather duffel bag large enough to stow a body.

from a black leather climbing pack.

>whisp roam a sturdy black leather duffel bag large enough to stow a body.
You quietly whisper to Roame, "A sturdy black leather duffel bag large enough to stow a body."
>
Speaking softly to Roame, Arku asks, "How does one prepare to understand?"
>
Metadi clasps his hand over his mouth.
>
Ekari sighs.
>
Speaking to Philomel, Dustybeard says, "Last i remember humans cant hold there ale very well."
>
Ekari takes a drink from his Fleet Captain's rum.
His face flushes and his eyes water.
>
Naugal removes a weathered locker manifest from in his silver-buckled satchel.
>
Metadi chuckles to himself.
>
Speaking to Roame, Divone says, "Just make up something..."
>
Naugal examines his locker manifest carefully.
>
Roame whispers, "LOL. I like it."

Latrinsorm
03-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Ekari sighs.

I could not agree more.

Stry
03-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Ekari sighs.

I could not agree more.

I'll second this.

a sturdy black leather duffel bag large enough to stow a body.

If they wouldnd't make a bodybag because it's OOG... thus hinting at it is still OOG regardless of wording. Not to mention not EVERYONE who ever saw the bag would actually think "Oh, that looks like it could hold a body!" Assuming such is moronic.

Please be sure to post shit ass alters in the BAD alters thread. Thank you.

top shottah
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
you're just jealous. its alright. the PC <3's u anyway.

Ryvicke
03-17-2010, 04:45 PM
I imagined aelotoi just got butterfly tattoos and drank nectar tea while talking about bunnies. Apparently no, they're totally hung up on that Kiramon holocaust shit: these are badass...

Idialiver shows you a colorfully inked sleeve.
The colorful inkwork on his arm belies a seemingly cheerful mix of reds, blues and silvers which accent a number of characters. Upon closer inspection you see the truth of the scene, the blued background creating a portrait of violence in which a beautiful Aelotoi woman lies dead at the feet of a group of chittering Kiramon. Around the edge of the scene is an Aelotoi man, severely beaten and near death in the clutches of another group.
>
Idialiver pulls aside his satchel and shows you a detailed tattoed tree scene.
An incredibly detailed tree is rooted at the small of his back and branches upwards and out onto his shoulders in shades of green. Falling from the lower branches on the left side of the tree is a female aelotoi figure garbed in dark leather with her wings spread wide. To the right of the trunk resides a figure in shining plate mail holding aloft a decapitated kiramon head. A disgusted expression is inked on the armored figure's face.

Asile
03-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I imagined aelotoi just got butterfly tattoos and drank nectar tea while talking about bunnies.

Those types of Aelotoi drive me batty. Down with butterflies and bunnies!

Aelotoi ARE NOT fairies!

thefarmer
04-25-2010, 06:09 PM
You see Deathsage the Wizard.
He appears to be a Giantman.
He is average height and appears to be very young. He has black eyes and tanned skin. He has long, unkempt black hair with a white streak running through it. He has an unshaven face and a broad chest.
He has a mangled right arm, old battle scars on his right leg, an old battle scar across his back, a black-and-blue left eye, and a scar across his face.
He is holding a massive vaalorn sword in his right hand.
He is wearing a thin chain coif, a crystal amulet, a shady black cloak with strange red marks that appear to be bloodstains at first but resolve into hideous runes that bespeak words of death and terrible agony, a lead-bound rat hide Adventurer's Guild badge, some braided full leather woven with brown and tan strips, a red-flecked sturdy invar bracer, a tarnished brass bracer inset with fractured agate crescents, a tarnished brass bracer inset with fractured agate crescents, and a sturdy dark leather gem pouch.

DaCapn
04-26-2010, 01:50 AM
You see Deathsage the Wizard.
He is average height and appears to be very young. He has black eyes and tanned skin. He has long, unkempt black hair with a white streak running through it. He has an unshaven face and a broad chest.
He has a mangled right arm, old battle scars on his right leg, an old battle scar across his back, a black-and-blue left eye, and a scar across his face.
He is holding a massive vaalorn sword in his right hand.
He is wearing a thin chain coif, a crystal amulet, a shady black cloak with strange red marks that appear to be bloodstains at first but resolve into hideous runes that bespeak words of death and terrible agony, a lead-bound rat hide Adventurer's Guild badge, some braided full leather woven with brown and tan strips, a red-flecked sturdy invar bracer, a tarnished brass bracer inset with fractured agate crescents, a tarnished brass bracer inset with fractured agate crescents, and a sturdy dark leather gem pouch.

Good catch. Might have bespoken this in the wrong thread, though

Ugotfaced
04-26-2010, 01:59 AM
That cloak is the ugliest thing in gs atm.

Shari
04-29-2010, 12:21 AM
That cloak has been around for a long time. I believe Laurenusia had it for awhile, among many other equally shitty alters.

Wulfe
05-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Grabbing a sampling of my more favorite alters.

A sigil-incised modwir staff ~ Shod with a pitch glaes spike, the fine-grained modwir shaft has been rubbed smooth from years of use with a patina-finished leather grip bound around it. Numerous bands of burnished gold have been inlaid along its length, each acid-etched with intricate sigils of warding. Miniature leaves forged of silver-veined faenor form the scaled body of a sinuous, winged drake, its serpentine body coiling its way up the shaft, coming to perch atop a black opal orb capped onto the staff.

a vaalin-lipped witchwood mortar ~ The bowl's whittled outer surface has smooth irregular edges, stained a deep auburn hue. Inlaid iridescent vaalin lines the lip of the bowl, creeping inward like tendrils of ivory vine. The high-polished interior shimmers like marble; the faintest hint of scorch marks and a sulfuric scent are the only indications of consistent use. Chips of kaleidoscopic crystal lay imbedded at the bottom, aligned seamlessly within the wood.
--In the witchwood mortar you see a heavy ironwood pestle.

An ivory-tined ruic bow ~ The whorled ruic limbs are reinforced with tined bands of aged ivory carved from massive antlers. Faint veins of silver-filigree fan out from twin thorns of silver serving as the arrow rest, emerging above the supple fur-wrapped grip. The filigree run in rivulets down the length, flowing in sharp angles around the wood's gnarled surface. A pair of jade beads hovers from a thread of spidersilk strung from ivory prongs posing as nocks, with a trio of raven feathers tethered to the upper limb.

A vaalorn-edged blued Ashrim katana ~ Light dances across the reflective, high-polished blade, the tint causing a ghostly blue haze to envelop the length. A myriad of whirling, luminescent knotwork patterns scroll along the sides of the blade, softly etched by acid, ending on the gentle curve at the tip. Steel grey sharkskin wraps around the whalebone hilt, secured with two sapphire wavecrests and capped with a scrimshaw ivory kraken. A vaalin-filigreed abalone guard caps the other end, etched with dozens of circling naval vessels.

a high-collared pure white longcoat accented with ivory-buckled straps at the torso

Elvenlady
05-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Very nice. Prompted me to post my favourite bow alters.

Morphing bow:

an onyx-nocked black oak longbow ~ Carved black onyx stones are affixed at the poles of the longbow to serve as nocks. The north one resembles the Ebon Gate, while its mate is fashioned into the shape of a lockpick. Between the two, a braided, well-waxed cord serves as a bow string. A small brass plate reading "Heartseeker" is secured to the arrow shelf. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

>rub my longbow
As you run your fingers over an onyx-nocked black oak longbow, a magical haze shimmers briefly around the longbow. When the haze dissipates, a charm-adorned red and gold longbow is revealed.

>l longbow
Where the longbow's golden oak has been dyed red, it is the exact same color as freshly drawn blood. Red streaks flow over the longbow's polished surface in patterns that suggest arteries twining beneath mortal skin. Three onyx charms dangle on short spidersilk cords from the bow's lower limb. Each charm has been set with a blood red scarab in a circle of engraved runes. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Poison ebow:

an ivy-carved black oak longbow ~ A single flat piece of resin-protected black oak makes up the outer part of the bow stave, ensuring perfect tension with the softer rounded heartwood on the inner side. Natural dark green striations in the wood form the basis of intricate carvings made to resemble tendrils of poison ivy along the full length of the bow, each leaf adorned with thin veins of silver to compliment the silver nocks at each end holding the cat-gut string taut. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Gsgeek
05-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Here are my archer's two weapons.

The main:

a twining ivy carved thanot bow

Beautiful ivy vines have been carved in life-like relief about the bow's length. Formed against the natural silver veining of the thanot, they have been crafted in a twisting and climbing design. Superior detailing in the vines is apparent to the naked eye, from the dagger-sharp thorns to the tiny, slender shoots and leaves. The bow's grip is crafted from black sharkskin, providing a secure grip for the archer. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

The backup:

a golvern-set maoral heavy crossbow

The heavy stock of this crossbow has been meticulously carved to resemble a crouching wolf, his mouth open in a feral snarl at the nose of the crossbow. The wolf's bushy tail forms a convenient grip at the base of the crossbow. Twin pieces of gleaming golvern are set into the wolf's visage, serving as his eyes. Precisely placed golvern sights complete this fine weapon. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

MokiePrime
08-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Normally I'm not the weapon kind of girl, but lately I've gotten quite a few alters that I really like for various weapons. Although only one of them can I really take the credit for.

This one was designed by Trizlan at a late night, totally random alteration session a little ways back:

a silver-hilted azure rolaren badelaire - The slightly curved, flat blade of azure-tinted rolaren is flecked with silvery inclusions. Silvery mithril forms a scallop-edged cross guard which gently curves upwards from the hilt towards the blade. Lengths of white, silver, and cobalt silk are braided around the hilt of the badelaire. A stylized sunburst of deep blue azurite is inset upon the pommel.

All credit for this one goes to the lovely Laphrael:

a lacquered auburn linden staff banded with heavy silver niello at each end

>push staff
You depress a pair of buttons on the handle of your staff and a blade shoots out from the tip, locking into place.

a wing-bladed auburn linden partisan - Set upon an elongated staff of auburn linden wood is a brilliant white vultite partisan spearhead. The two axe heads on either side are spread wide with a scalloped edge, carefully etched to appear like unfurled wings, while the center blade is wrought with a smoothed hourglass shape terminating with a decisive point. A spray of ivory swan feathers is bound underneath the silver niello band by a cord of brilliant emerald silk

And finally, the one I actually designed myself:

a helical umber fireleaf runestaff -Smooth shafts of burnished fireleaf twine one around the other, forever bound in an eternal dance. A delicate piping of gold winds its way throughout the sinuous spiral, reflecting ambient light in such a way as to resemble a flickering flame. Brilliant red and golden tones gleam diffusely within the rich, brown hues of the magnificent wood, lending to the effect of a constant blaze glinting just below the polished surface.

Nathala Crane
08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
That fireleaf staff is made of pure win.

MokiePrime
08-24-2010, 12:53 PM
That fireleaf staff is made of pure win.

Thanks! I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. If I had a character that would use it I would hold on to it, but alas....

Instead it will probably be used as a prize, or for a Swan's auction, or something like that.

Nathala Crane
08-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I can't take credit for this one; it was one of the katana raffled at the initial release of the Erithian weaponry. Whoever designed it, though, deserves so much love.

an agate-inset black razern katana

A gold detailed crane surrounded by seven stars has been carved into blackened agate and inset into the kashira of the katana, while thin ray fish skin has been wrapped around the tsuka. Forged of matte, deep black razern streaked with blue, the curved blade has been etched with a spiral pattern of stars that trails down the length of the blade from the intricate tsuba. Along the blade's keen edge, dark indigo script reads, "Moonless Night." You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Carblin
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
<<Thought this was pretty alright:

She is average height. She has exotic sable-lashed dark hazel eyes and bronze skin. She has long, silken chestnut hair that falls to her waist in tousled sun-kissed curls.>>

Seriously, if I see tousled or sun-kissed in one more hair alter, I am going to scream. Or wind-blown. Especially if it's wind-blown AND sun-kissed.

You see Carblin the Battlerager.
He appears to be a Paradis Halfling.
He is short and appears to be young. He has bright hazel eyes and freckled skin. He has short, curly copper red hair neatly styled save for a few stray curls that peek from behind his ears. He has a plump face and a freckled nose.

Do I win? =D

Nathala Crane
08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Come on now, don't you realize that half the girls in game want to look like <insert hot actress/singer/model> here. They're all reed thin with pouty red lips and sun-kissed skin and hair. Bet they all have D-cups and 16" waists too. GO GO GADGET compensation anxiety!

WRONG! Haohmaru is a modest C.

MokiePrime
08-30-2010, 05:33 PM
an agate-inset black razern katana

It's stunning, truly stunning.

Nathala Crane
09-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Here's what I ended up getting for my scabbard.

an antiquated black lacquered scabbard
>The night-black lacquer of this elegant scabbard is worn through in places, revealing hints of the blue layer beneath. At the scabbard's throat, a wrap of rayskin sanded smooth is filled with dark lacquer, the white specks in the skin giving the appearance of a starry sky. A cord of knotted blue silk serves to attach the piece to a sash or belt, and an encircled golden nautilus shell is etched in detail at the scabbard's midpoint. The golden endcap is created by the wings of a pair of detailed cranes.

I was trying to achieve something like this (http://www.japanese-swords.com/pages/sword-stripe-saya.jpg), albeit with streaks of blue instead of red, and with a wrapping of rayskin like this (http://www.japanese-swords.com/images/fittings/saya-same.jpg). Kudos to Melorra's player for condensing my monstrous 800-character show into a modest 509.

Ceyrin
09-08-2010, 10:25 PM
With a slight flick of the wrist a lightning bolt-etched tanto suddenly appears in your hand!

Though the blade of the tanto has no ridgeline, it is thick for a weapon of its type, the extra bulk an aid in piercing armor. Each edge is sharpened, and a lightning bolt arcs from the blade's broad base to its tip. With no cross-guard of which to speak, the blade flows into the hilt, which is a length of white starstone. Electrum bands the upper and lower edge of the grip, and stretched between the two is a finely wrought lightning bolt charm suspended on a myriad of thread-thin electrum filament.

You remove a cloud agate elothrai from in your black sack.

Fine electrum links are designed to delicately suspend a polished cloud agate over the wearer's forehead.

You remove a jagged white stone pendant from in your black sack.

Roughly cut and left in its natural state, the white stone features a rough and intricate surface with miniscule sparks of silver and gold within its depths. Carved into the center of the stone is a single bolt of lightning, its jagged outline mimicing the rough yet powerful shape of the stone itself. A loop of suede is threaded through a silver hook on the back of the stone, allowing the pendant to be worn.

You tap some stark white trousers that you are wearing

Finely tailored white cotton is styled into a seamless, relaxed fit that allows for flexibility and comfort. Beginning at the pockets and terminating at the bottom hem, a lightning bolt motif spans the entire length of the calf and thigh of the trousers. At the waist, the trousers are clasped together by a rather sizeable white starstone carved into a lightning bolt.

Yes, I realize the trousers are actually tacky, but they go with the character very nicely.

You tap a white suede mantle that you are wearing.

Brushed white suede is cut to fall in soft folds around the shoulders of the wearer. Transparent catgut thread stitches the seams, creating a garment that is both appealing and durable. Clasping the mantle at the throat is a rather small piece of electrum etched with a single lightning bolt.

Latrinsorm
09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Are you the AC or the DC?
/point trousers
/smirk

Ceyrin
09-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Are you the AC or the DC?
/point trousers
/smirk

I almost said a whole bunch of shit about how you're dating yourself again with your extremely old rock band reference... then I realized you were probably just commenting on the lightning motif and the AC/DC being alternating and direct current.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here - don't disappoint me please =)

DCSL
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
I almost said a whole bunch of shit about how you're dating yourself again with your extremely old rock band reference... then I realized you were probably just commenting on the lightning motif and the AC/DC being alternating and direct current.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here - don't disappoint me please =)

Personally, I thought it was the third option where AC/DC is a euphemism for homosexual relations.

Ceyrin
09-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Personally, I thought it was the third option where AC/DC is a euphemism for homosexual relations.

I just posted epic titties in your frog and chimp sex thread and this is how you repay me? With venom and hatred?! http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/7/129073856603601344.jpg

Don't make me raise up out of my chair.

MokiePrime
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
a morel leather steel-buckled corselet ~ Mottled cordovan panels, each fitted with a smattering of tiny silver studs, are bound with flat steel stays encased in glossy black leather. Black satin side lacing provides definition to the narrow waist, the sheer ribbons tied in flirty bows just below the bust. Cinched tightly over the thin metal busk are a quartet of highly polished leather straps secured with chromed steel buckles, forming a daring focal point for the sculpted armor. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

A set of 4x leather breastplate I had made for a little one.

Abilene
09-15-2010, 11:06 AM
a morel leather steel-buckled corselet ~ Mottled cordovan panels, each fitted with a smattering of tiny silver studs, are bound with flat steel stays encased in glossy black leather. Black satin side lacing provides definition to the narrow waist, the sheer ribbons tied in flirty bows just below the bust. Cinched tightly over the thin metal busk are a quartet of highly polished leather straps secured with chromed steel buckles, forming a daring focal point for the sculpted armor. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

A set of 4x leather breastplate I had made for a little one.

Interesting on the Cordovan (by interesting, I mean I likey); I have a question. I bought something off the shelf that was cordovan with no other color or material desc.
Then I had an alter done last week where I was trying to match something to it, so it was also cordovan. My understanding is cordovan is a style of leather?
Anyway, the merchant said it has to have a material also, because 'cordovan' is OOC, unless you're using it as a color. I didn't care enough to argue esp. since I thought it was leather anyway, but does that make sense to you?

That Jay
09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
My newly altered siegery accessories!

(From a blanket that had an allmine script)

a miniature gladiatorial arena

A to-scale circular edifice of cleverly cast ceramic replicates stone walls and tiered colosseum seating surrounding a fighting pit with a sand-textured surface. Painted lead figures line the benches in frozen poses of rapt attention or raucous cheering. Tiny iron portcullises stand open at opposite ends of the arena and high along one side delicate figures of disdainful nobility sit under the silk canopy of a gilded reviewing stand. Small dark spots on the arena floor even resemble spilt blood.

(From a meditation mat)

an elaborate ebon duelling mat

This sturdy hide has been dyed a uniform black and backed with thick wool batting. Inscribed on the surface, a large silver-gilt siegery combat ring glints in the available light. Within the larger ring, several smaller rings are interspersed. Some intersect and divide the interior into quadrants. Their peripheries are not unbroken lines but tiny runes laid end to end. Strands of bone beads hang from each corner of the mat providing an easy method of counting coup or recording wagers.

Nilandia
09-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Have to compliment Laphrael for designing the LFM shop at the recent FWI festival. I really enjoyed putting the cloaks and clasps together to make some nice pieces that have become my lightening and deepening projects.

Gretchen

LadyLaphrael
09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Have to compliment Laphrael for designing the LFM shop at the recent FWI festival. I really enjoyed putting the cloaks and clasps together to make some nice pieces that have become my lightening and deepening projects.

Gretchen

Thanks! I was honestly -really- surprised how many folks took an interest in the shop. People likes having customization options, I guess.

Asile
09-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Cordovan is one of those trickey words that can be used to describe either the material (an equine leather or leather taken from the rump of a horse) or it can also be used as a color (a rich burgundy or dark rose shade). What's funny is how OOC it actually is considering both the color and leather were named after a city in Spain (Cordoba) while I have issues with merchants making panne velvet.

And, please, that is not a dig on anyone (the OOC part), its more a personal gripe about what GMs do and do not allow.

Just for the record, if no one's noticed, Traiva's hair is cordovan (the hue, not the leather)...which I got by means of a hair-dye vial.

And yeah, inconsistencies suck.

Giantphang
09-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Here's a few of my favorites:

a humongous warmaul

The warmaul is very big. Actually, big doesn't really measure up. It's huge, although huge can be said to slight its proportions. Monstrous approaches the weapon's girth although monumental could more so describe its degree of monstrosity. Suffice it to say, the thing is gawd-awful huge and has a mithril alloy head that's as ugly as it is big. A faint aura of holy light radiates from the warmaul.

some enormous boots

They are huge! And they are muddy as well. It's just despicable how some people can be so negligent of their footwear. These are both sloppy and audacious at the same time. They have silly-looking flies incised into the leather around the top of both boots. Who would want such a thing?

Mel in armor:

a very dead-looking fly

You see a large fly, which looks to have been dead for quite some time. Its wings are tattered and torn, and it resembles an old raisin. It has been stuffed into a tiny veniom-bound mithril war mask and a tiny suit of plate armor that has been etched with the letters, "MEL". Old Mel looks pretty ferocious for a dead fly. However, dead flies are sometimes known to be less than intimidating.

Mel dressed up

a dead but elegantly clad warfly

You see a large fly, which looks to have been dead for quite some time. Its wings are tattered and torn, and it resembles an old raisin. The specimen is wearing veniom-rimmed spectacles on its decimated little head, and it is holding a mithril cane. A silk tunic clothes its emaciated body with the word 'Mel' worked across the chest. The whole presentation would be ludicrous if it weren't so pathetic.

All done by Aelsidhe's merchants. She's so missed.

Also just got my feature alteration done...been wanting this forever:

You see Giantphang Obrhgror'rts'r the Fighter.
He is shorter than average and appears to be mature. He has almond-shaped stormy grey eyes and golden brown skin. He has long, black hair that has been meticulously plaited into hundreds of tiny, waist-length braids in the traditional style of a Faendryl swordsman, which has been pulled back to reveal slightly pointed ears and is tipped with a small mithril blade held in place by a thin veniom wire. He has an angular face, a thin nose and protruding ears.

And finally, the Mel tattoo:

an armor-clad black warfly tattooed upon his neck beneath his right ear

Resembling an old raisin more than a once living creature, the tattoo is that of a fly dressed in intricate, if tiny, armor. Silvery hues create the image of a mask that partially covers the large, black eyes of the fly, while crimson and ebon colors create the image of plate armor decorating its round body. Greyscale wings depicted as being free of the armor's joints and back, but have tiny spikes on them making them appear to almost be deadly. A calligraphy script beneath proclaims his name as "Mel."

Feel free to tell me any of these belong in the BAD alters thread and i'll happily move them.

Nathala Crane
09-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Haha. Always loved Phang and Mel. Good to see both back around again.

Ltlprprincess
04-19-2016, 10:27 PM
Almost 6 years since this thread was posted in. Time to NECRO.

Gelston
04-19-2016, 10:31 PM
No, all the alters suck now. #damnkids

Ltlprprincess
04-19-2016, 10:33 PM
You're jaded because you've been overexposed to the really bad alters thread.

Mogonis
04-19-2016, 10:44 PM
LOOK FALCHION:

The vultite falchion is covered with unknown runes from top to bottom, their origins a mystery. Light shimmers off the weapon which vibrates and hums as if it had a sinister life of its own.
UNKNOWN RUNES ARE MYSTERIOUS

everan
04-19-2016, 11:10 PM
This was my old armor - I thought it was a nice alter, well suited to a cleric, but I don't remember the merchant who came up with it for me though

a dark suit of sigil-branded scalemail

The hammered steel armor has been covered with well-oiled black leather, the hide fastened to the suit by a series of square-shaped eonake rivets. Centered upon the chest are several fire-branded sigils, the stylized design echoed by the stiff metal pauldrons fastened across the shoulders by heavily buckled straps. A single oval of soulstone sits centered amidst the sigils, the gem's pale color a stark contrast to the darkness gathered around it. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Viekn
04-19-2016, 11:29 PM
I found this in a player shop and it was perfect for my dark elf rogue. I think the show is pretty sweet. I'm not really good at coming up with good alters myself, so when I find one I like, I am happy to pay for it. I may switch up the noun a bit, but otherwise, it's perfect for my character...

Some dark shrouded brigandine

Cleverly concealed under the supple exterior of this armor are myriad thin glaes shards, each carefully riveted to the garment's leather facade. Lacking the cumbersome metal plates of conventional armors, this efficient design allows for a full range of motion in combat while still providing significant protection to the wearer. A dark cotton wrap is affixed at the shoulders and hangs loosely over the torso, providing a shroud in which the wearer's movements can be camouflaged. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Erous
04-20-2016, 08:59 AM
Should probably add tattoos to this thread. Let's see those show tattoos.

evasive1
04-20-2016, 10:15 AM
I found this in a player shop and it was perfect for my dark elf rogue. I think the show is pretty sweet. I'm not really good at coming up with good alters myself, so when I find one I like, I am happy to pay for it. I may switch up the noun a bit, but otherwise, it's perfect for my character

Ha. I was wondering what flew off my shelves, then I stumbled across this bit of dejavu. That was designed at the first EG festival I think, and was perfect for my rogue as well. I just started playing again this year and thought it to be a bit over-the-top in hindsight, and have since grown into some sweet MBP. But I'm thrilled it went to someone so appreciative, cheers.

mgoddess
08-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Newest alter... was thinking I was going to need fashionista help with it, but I think it turned out pretty decent without any help. :)

>tap circ
You tap an intricate rolaren circlet that you are wearing.
>l circ
This circlet is a labyrinthine set of multiple veins of variegated rolaren. Set amongst the smaller spaces between the veins are fusions of emeralds and golden topazes, each carved to resemble the various herbs found in the Elven lands. Seated prominently at the center of the circlet is a larger, more orbicular emerald and golden topaz fusion. Within its ovoid walls, a pair of crossed silver falchions sit beneath a gleaming crimson wyvern curling protectively around a resplendent green oak leaf.

>read circ
In the Elven language, it reads:
Our roots run as deep as our honor, pride, and glory.

Ravenwood
02-19-2017, 03:37 PM
Heres my current pride and joy.

A blackened witchwood staff. Its a profession based Heimer staff with the following show:

This staff appears to have been fashioned from the root and stem of an ancient witchwood tree. The length of the staff terminates in a root ball that looks remarkably like a wizened hand clutching a veil iron pentacle in its grasp. The nacreous black metal, accented by chaotic whorls of ghostly white, lends an eerie, almost otherworldly quality that complements the rest of the staff perfectly, while leaving little doubt about the maker's affinity for the black arts or of this weapon's deadly purpose.

Charlotte
05-26-2017, 05:32 PM
crimson snakeskin collar (what was asked for)

Merchant tossed in a show:

A smooth strip of reticulated snakeskin has been dyed a vibrant crimson, the color contrasting the wrought metal-scaled serpent that has been wound about the length of the collar.

Merzbow
04-03-2019, 01:04 AM
In fairness it's time we resurrected the good alters thread as well:

You see XXX the Grandmaster of the Rogue Guild.
He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
It is difficult to properly see his features as the fully adjustable hood of his jacket is pulled down over his face.
He has an enruned gold-inked band on his finger.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a wide-brimmed bycocket adorned with a snowy eagle feather, a hooded jacket, a silver and gold pin, a thick leather knapsack, an unassuming weapon harness, a sleeveless tunic, an unadorned ring, a simple swordbelt, a veniom mesh coin pouch, an unembellished scabbard, an ordinary gem bag, and a pair of cuffed trousers.

Not so much any single alter here, but I think this is an excellent job of combining a bunch of simple items into the particular image of a sneaky rogue going about his business in the shadows without attracting much attention. Two snaps up in Z formation.

Richaard
04-03-2019, 01:29 AM
In fairness it's time we resurrected the good alters thread as well:

You see XXX the Grandmaster of the Rogue Guild.
He appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
It is difficult to properly see his features as the fully adjustable hood of his jacket is pulled down over his face.
He has an enruned gold-inked band on his finger.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a wide-brimmed bycocket adorned with a snowy eagle feather, a hooded jacket, a silver and gold pin, a thick leather knapsack, an unassuming weapon harness, a sleeveless tunic, an unadorned ring, a simple swordbelt, a veniom mesh coin pouch, an unembellished scabbard, an ordinary gem bag, and a pair of cuffed trousers.

Not so much any single alter here, but I think this is an excellent job of combining a bunch of simple items into the particular image of a sneaky rogue going about his business in the shadows without attracting much attention. Two snaps up in Z formation.

Found this Rogue in Icemule. He doesn't appear to be half sylvan or sylvan at all, but the two have similar taste in dress code.

He is taller than average and has a strong, robust physique. He appears to be in the prime of life. He has blue eyes and tanned skin. He has cropped, light brown hair just visible under a silvery veniom-threaded suede hood.
He is wearing a silvery veniom-threaded suede hood, a crystal amulet, a glacial white suede coat with veniom threading, a tiny white jade snowhare pin, a pair of prismatic goggles, a patchwork soft felt pouch, an ivory white knapsack, a pale leather harness with a veniom filigree buckle over an amethyst moire shirt, a set of mist grey double leathers with silver buckles, a linked silver bracelet clasped with a vibrant saewehna, some muddy linen handwraps, an engraved mithril ring inset with tiny sunstones, a thin silver waistchain, a coarse burlap sack, a pair of side-laced white suede pants, and some alabaster suede boots with veniom laces.