PDA

View Full Version : music: epitome's of an era

Apotheosis
12-22-2007, 04:47 AM
I was doing some boring work yesterday, and was chatting with a coworker during the process.

we decided to chat about "Which songs" seemed to be the epitome's of certain era's.. soo.. here's a list.. was hoping people would chime in with a list of their own (albums / singles, etc.).

60's - "Get Together" - Youngbloods cover

70's - "Saturday Night Fever" Beegee's - OR something by Blondie. (For the lame part of the 70's). Haven't decided on a track for the good shit...

80's - "Sweet Child of Mine" Guns N' Roses

90's - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" Nirvana OR "Cherub Rock" Smashing Pumpkins (Alternatively, no pun intended, albums "Nevermind", "Superunknown", anything released by Sub-Pop, OR anything by "Sonic Youth".

2000 - present - No clue.

What do you think?

Whimsi
12-22-2007, 05:33 AM
70's should be Stayin Alive and/or War Why Can't We Be Friends

Thats all I have at the moment.

Asha
12-22-2007, 06:43 AM
80's - "Sweet Child of Mine" Guns N' Roses

90's - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" Nirvana OR "Cherub Rock" Smashing Pumpkins (Alternatively, no pun intended, albums "Nevermind", "Superunknown", anything released by Sub-Pop, OR anything by "Sonic Youth".

You totally nailed those decades especially the bolded part.
Oh but don't forget Iron Maiden (can I play with madness, fear of the dark) or Pearl Jam (ten + Vs) next time :)

peam
12-22-2007, 09:40 AM
My recommendations:

2000's - Wilco - Muzzle of Bees, Outkast - Hey Ya, Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?

90s - Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But A G Thang, Bestie Boys - Sabotage

80s - the entire Pixies album Doolittle, Talking Heads - Slippery People

70s - Neil Young - Hey Hey My My

60s - Like A Rolling Stone, Paint It Black, Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower

Stanley Burrell
12-22-2007, 09:51 AM
1800s-Infinity = The Wu-Tang Clan and the Shaolin crew MOTHAFUCKAZ! Can I get a SUUUUUUUUU?!

I dunno,

60s, what Death Rocket said.

70s, what Death Rocket said.

80s, definitely what Death Rocket said.

2000s, I'm'a probably have to go with what Death Rocket has quoted above.