PDA

View Full Version : Official: Resist Nature (620) Armor Accessory Update

Fallen
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
http://www.play.net/images/transparent.gifhttp://www.play.net/images/transparent.gifResist Nature, Ranger spell 620, has been updated to allow the spell to imbue certain armor accessory items with resistance. Any armor accessory items comprised chiefly of wood, leather, cloth, or bone are eligible for resistance.

620 resistance benefits for armor accessories will only apply when used in conjunction with rigid leather torso armor or below -- no benefit will be garnered from wearing them with chain or plate class torso armor. However, armor accessories imbued with resistance via 620 will also not cause the typical reduction in effective padding when worn with crit or damage padded chain or plate class torso armors, while the reduction will still apply when worn with rigid leather torso armor or below.

-M.

This message was originally posted in Rangers, Ranger Spells. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=27&topic=13&message=3874 (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=27&topic=13&message=3874)

Fallen
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
This is something I can use. Time to give my Vambraces an extra boost.

Fallen
12-18-2007, 08:45 PM
>Mestys, do I correctly interpret this portion of your post to mean that a person who currently wears chain/plate Armor Group which is padded and then wears an accessory will have reduced padding on the accessory area (this is how things work right now, and I understand that)...

Under the current system, the padding benefit from chest armor on a given location is only halved only if an armor accessory item that also covers that area has a special property (resistance, spikes).

If the accessory is also padded in the same manner as the chest armor, only the greater amount of padding is applied. If the accessory is padded in a different manner (crit vs. damage), then the effective padding is halved.

>...by having a Ranger slap some resistance into leather accessories and wearing them (with that same, padded chain/plate Armor Group) thereby gains the benefit of the FULL padding in the accessory area? -KRAKII

No. Only 620-resistant armor accessories apply for the chest armor padding reduction mitigation. Accessories that have special properties as described above will still cause the effective padding reduction.

-M.

Fallen
12-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Also, yes, you can have torso coverage only armor with one type of resistance, leg greaves with another, arms with another, and head with another. You will receive ALL of the respective bonuses on said armor.

Axhinde
12-18-2007, 09:24 PM
That is something to cheer about.

Latrinsorm
12-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Mestys is a clever guy.

Stanley Burrell
12-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Mestys is a clever guy.

2x.

thefarmer
12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Ok. So I get this right.

So basically this does nothing for chain and plate class armor users?

Latrinsorm
12-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Correct, as it should.

thefarmer
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Correct, as it should.

I see nothing wrong with wearing chain/plate base armor and leather armor accessories with ranger resistance.

Latrinsorm
12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Because they aren't actually leather when worn that way. They magically become chain (or plate).

thefarmer
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
If you're referring to the horrible way GS deals with armor pieces.. I'm still not seeing the issue.

I guess I'm missing something?

Latrinsorm
12-20-2007, 11:26 AM
The material of an armor accessory has nothing to do with the level of protection it provides. If you were wearing LBP and put mithril arm greaves on, you would get the rigid leather crit divisor on your arms. If you were wearing MBP and put cotton arm greaves on, you would get the plate crit divisor on your arms.

620, on the other hand, takes the material of an item into account. Hence, the only coherent way to make 620 and armor accessories work is in the case where the item is AND acts as a natural material.

Stanley Burrell
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
620, on the other hand, takes the AsG of an item into account. Hence, the only coherent way to make 620 and armor accessories work is in the case where the item is AND acts as a natural material.

Fixed. Unless you're going for the traditional "leathers" = "made entirely of leather." I have more than a few light armors that INSPECT as metallic.

Kind of hordishly jackassy of Mestys, but clever nonetheless, I suppose.

Latrinsorm
12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
It wouldn't be the first time an item was made improperly and it won't be the last. :shrug:

Stanley Burrell
12-20-2007, 12:27 PM
It wouldn't be the first time an item was made improperly and it won't be the last. :shrug:

That, or we could resist heavy armor. He is going by pre-established guidelines, there is no doubt of that in my mind. It seems weird to me, is all, that I have to wait for a merchant to fork bucks and/or Premium Points towards to have (i.e.) my plate padded against the elements, simply because arcane mysteries of not understanding torso chain and up are seemingly unlocked at the economic level. Not to mention you can make any AsG out of practically any material.

This will definitely be cool for my bard who has been trying to find a pair of Anfelt add-ons unsuccessfully for the last forever.