PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Alter Help! (Gold Ring Holder)

mgoddess
12-17-2007, 05:43 PM
So, hopefully I'll get in on the FWI Jewelry Altering tonight... looking to alter my gold ring holder.

I've got an idea of what I want it to look like, but I'm having troubles putting it down into words...

a wide braided gold bangle (gold ring holder)
The bangle bears a small circular slot which looks like it would fit a gold ring. \\ The bangle bears a small circular slot fitted with a <something> gold ring.
to
a gold-braided,rolaren,bangle
(Want something about the gold braided into the rolaren and a golden topaz set in the middle of the circular slot... topaz has an oak leaf above two crossed falchions etched into it.)

Anyone have any ideas? I'd appreciate it. :)

thefarmer
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Er.

How can a topaz be set in the middle of the place the ring goes?

mgoddess
12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
How can a topaz be set in the middle of the place the ring goes?

The ring is empty in the middle?

It's like putting a smiley face in any O or 0 you find... the ring is the O/0, the topaz is the smiley face... (yeah, lame example, I know. Best way my brain can describe it right now.)

Asha
12-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Does HOE still post? If she did I'd just PM her since she's the absolute winner of any alteration advice on the PC.
Heh. Hoe.

thefarmer
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
The ring is empty in the middle?

It's like putting a smiley face in any O or 0 you find... the ring is the O/0, the topaz is the smiley face... (yeah, lame example, I know. Best way my brain can describe it right now.)

Ah. I always thought it was akin to a coin slot. Where you pushed the ring in edgewise, not lengthwise.

mgoddess
12-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Ah. I always thought it was akin to a coin slot. Where you pushed the ring in edgewise, not lengthwise.

Huh, interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way before, but yeah... I could see that now.

mgoddess
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Hrmph. Didn't get spun anyways...

Ah well. More time to work on my design.