PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: A Twist of Roses - Spring Contest

mgoddess
12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
A Twist of Roses, Ta'Illistim's newest salon, is gearing up for spring! While their less-than-humble proprietors would NEVER admit to utilizing designs coming from someone else, their puppetmaster (aka me) is perfectly willing to get help.

So...contest time!

RULES:
1. One entry per account (ALL accounts are eligible--basic, premium, platinum)
2. Each entry can consist of up to 5 items for the shop
3. Each item can be LONG, but no SHOWs are allowed. LONG items have a maximum of 60 characters including spaces
4. Due to me by 23:59 pacific time, January 15, 2008. Email my play.net and put ATOR Contest: <account name> in the subject line
5. Send me only 1 email. Do not send 5 separate items in 5 separate emails. I will disqualify you and hunt you down. ::grin::

About the salon:
Remember it's an upscale salon with people who consider themselves true artists in their field. I'll take submissions for any or all of the rooms (makeup, jewelry, clothing). With the seasonal nature of the inventory and the "artiste" mindset of its proprietors, you won't see the sheer volume of clothing that its predecessor had.

WINNERS:
1. There will be as many winners as I deem necessary to flesh out the spring line
2. I will decide what would fit in the salon
3. Winners will receive 1 of their created items free. If I use all 5 items of a submission, you will get to pick 1 of those 5 as your freebie, not all 5
4. Winners can fill themselves with self-righteous joy and self-aggrandizement, knowing you are truly worthy of the fashionista title

That is all....go forth and design for me!

--Xynwen--

This message was originally posted in General Roleplaying, Elanthian Fashion. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=9&topic=17&message=3262

Shari
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Thank you JEEEEEEBUS! Those designs are horrid, thank god she's seeking outside help.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Seconded, I'm very glad she's looking for outside help!

thefarmer
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm a guy who gives a rat's ass usually about clothes.. and I thought she sucked when someone showed them to me.

Stanley Burrell
12-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm a guy who gives a rat's ass usually about clothes.. and I thought she sucked when someone showed them to me.

You forget about WARHELMS.

WARHELMS and... INVAR-BUCKLED BOOTS. Raaawwaarwrzmeepmop. Time to go sleep soon I think.

Asha
12-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Shit prize.

Elvenlady
12-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Shit prize.

Agreed, where's the added incentive (apart from seeing your own designs for sale) because surely if you win you can simply buythe item from the shop anyway?

Now, had it been the complete set of the new season's inventory for free ....

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Frankly, if there had been no prize I'd still do this. I submitted Nalea designs simply because I was tired of ugly Naleas, as did a lot of people, and there was no prize for that. I was going to send off a list of suggestions to Xynwen anyway, so..

ViridianAsp
12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I was happy to see her seeking outside help. I don't often do these things, but I'm more than happy to give help.