PDA

View Full Version : Lich and BlackLightning

mgoddess
12-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Rar!

So, I've been using Lich and BlackLightning together for ages...

Recently (with the last update, to 3.53, I believe) though, BlackLightning and Lich don't seem to be liking each other. Randomly, BlackLightning loses it's connection to the server (which it thinks is Lich). This has happened when I've walked into the Small Park, when I've been flipping/reading through my locker manifests, when I've been leveling... it seems to purely random as to when it happens.

Not having much practice with programming, I haven't a clue *why* this is happening... I upgraded from Lich v3.50 to v3.53, if that makes a difference. Jayonas (BlackLightning's creator) doesn't know what's going on either (besides knowing that it's something between BL and Lich, since Lich doesn't lose the connection to the server, only BL does).

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Drew
12-14-2007, 06:07 PM
What is BlackLightning?

mgoddess
12-14-2007, 06:24 PM
What is BlackLightning?

Black Lightning (http://www.codeplex.com/blacklightning) (I always forget the space, darnit) is a program similar to Lich... a utility program that lets you add functionality via plugins to enhance play of Simu games (not just GemStone, though GS is the game it's been mostly tested with I believe). Black Lightning is written with and uses the .NET platform, thus it's natively built for the Windows platform.

Jayvn
12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
we'd appreciate it if you referred to it as colored lightning

Donquix
12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
The newest version of black lightning is being renamed to Toby

mgoddess
12-14-2007, 10:39 PM
we'd appreciate it if you referred to it as colored lightning

LOL How 'bout we refer to it as BL?

The newest version of black lightning is being renamed to Toby

Heh.

Jayvn
12-14-2007, 10:48 PM
no way, it's NAACP, not NAABP :p

does this have something to do with chocolate rain?

mgoddess
12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
no way, it's NAACP, not NAABP :p

does this have something to do with chocolate rain?

No, it has nothing to do with chocolate rain, and everything to do with getting disconnected from the game right in the middle of doing stuff... which is highly frustrating.

mgoddess
12-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Feh...

While I'm "complaining"... I might as well tack on the fact that ;magic doesn't track Sign of Thought anymore due to the updates to the ESP system and the SoT messaging going through the thought window instead of the story window.

(I read in the change-log though that if you give a script status-flag-something on, it'll still be given every single thing that comes through to SF... my problem is I haven't a clue how to find or set this status-flag.)

Shaelun
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't know what's going on with v3.53... as far as the changelog (and my memory) is concerned, absolutely nothing is different from v3.51. I radically altered a lot of the StormFront stuff between 3.50 and 3.51 though, and despite it running with no problems for literally days on my computer, people are having strange issues like the one you're talking about.

If there's nothing you want from the new-and-improved SF stuff, just go back to v3.50 for the time being.

http://lichproject.sourceforge.net/Lich-v3.50-Install.exe

As for the sign of thought thing... change the message in "spell-list.txt" from your Lich scripts directory to whatever it is now. All the info for tracking magic effects is read from that text file.

... then email the changes you made to me.

mgoddess
12-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I don't know what's going on with v3.53... as far as the changelog (and my memory) is concerned, absolutely nothing is different from v3.51. I radically altered a lot of the StormFront stuff between 3.50 and 3.51 though, and despite it running with no problems for literally days on my computer, people are having strange issues like the one you're talking about.

If there's nothing you want from the new-and-improved SF stuff, just go back to v3.50 for the time being.

http://lichproject.sourceforge.net/Lich-v3.50-Install.exe

As for the sign of thought thing... change the message in "spell-list.txt" from your Lich scripts directory to whatever it is now. All the info for tracking magic effects is read from that text file.

... then email the changes you made to me.

It looks like the alterations with SF is what was messing with ;magic tracking Sign of Thought. I reverted back to 3.50 and it's tracking once again.

(The only thing I changed in the spell-list.txt (which I changed when the ESP system changed, pre-3.50 I believe), is the duration on Sign of Thought (and amulet rubs in general) to 18 minutes... it's not level-based anymore.)