PDA

View Full Version : Weapon changing

Parkbandit
12-09-2003, 12:01 PM
I think I might change Falgrin's weapon handling from OHE to archery. I went hunting with Ardwen last night and realized just how weak ambushing now is. To save time, it's simply toe to toe fighting and god almighty is that boring as shit.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? If this is the case, I'll be selling my most prized possession.. a 10x altered cleaver (originally a moon axe) with zests.

Xcalibur
12-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Archery DF was in gs3 close to ohe.. that wouldn't change anything, you'd still need a lot of arrows/swing to kill.

Pole arm and 2 handed, maybe?

Parkbandit
12-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Archery DF was in gs3 close to ohe.. that wouldn't change anything, you'd still need a lot of arrows/swing to kill.

Pole arm and 2 handed, maybe?

From a roleplaying aspect.. neither one of those really fit Falgrin. He's more of a lurker in the shadows. Maybe I'll just have to get a crit weighted weapon.

Xcalibur
12-09-2003, 12:09 PM
What about becoming 50% of rogues are now?

2 weapon combat style? brawling + ohe for katars or just ohe with fast daggers (with damage weighting and such, would be faster for you)

or just swords..

Adhara
12-09-2003, 12:43 PM
I use archery (heavy crossbow) and I insta-kill on about, if not over, 50% of my shots. If we go up to within the first 2 shots, I bet my numbers go up to 90% of the time.

I also rarely miss my aim unless I am injured.

AnticorRifling
12-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Give me the cleaver.

Parkbandit
12-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Give me the cleaver.

It's far too superior of a weapon to be placed in the hands of an amateur like you.

You couldn't handle the power nor the responsibility. :smug:

Carl Spackler
12-09-2003, 05:54 PM
My ranger is 26 and eats through figs like it's his job, i have a 19 rogue who can hunt there, but he dies a lot. Both are archers, and i love it

Parkbandit
12-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Carl Spackler
My ranger is 26 and eats through figs like it's his job, i have a 19 rogue who can hunt there, but he dies a lot. Both are archers, and i love it

As does my ranger archer... but figs are more the exception than the rule. Their defense is extremely low for their level.

Wezas
12-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Give me the cleaver.

It's far too superior of a weapon to be placed in the hands of an amateur like you.

You couldn't handle the power nor the responsibility. :smug:

Give it to me then, I've been wanting to upgrade my 4x heavy butcher's cleaver.

Parkbandit
12-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
Give it to me then, I've been wanting to upgrade my 4x heavy butcher's cleaver.

Give, give, give... do you really think it would be in Falgrin's nature to simply GIVE away a weapon that was once weilded by the mighty Falgrin?

I don't think so. The fact that Falgrin once owned it should be worth a minimum of 10 million silvers I would think... not including the 10x enchanted moonaxe base.

Tell you what... gimme 40 million and it's yours. That's MORE than a fair price.

Edaarin
12-10-2003, 11:45 PM
I tear through Wyneb with archery. I one shot kill illoke, but it takes about 15 arrows to down a stone giant.

That said, I hardly ever one shot kill in illoke with OHEs unless I use my fish spine. Same with Wyneb

Parkbandit
12-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Yea, I switched to archery last night and was using one of those giant Yumi's. I did well, but I am going to try a cross bow tonight and see how that fairs.

All things considering though, I think I'm moving to archery unless OHE are given an uptweak. They are pathetic in their current state.

I also heard that 2 weapon combat is pretty effective for a physical rogue... so I'll probably give that a whirl tonight as well. I need to make my decision in the next week.