PDA

View Full Version : 10% Damage Reduction Half-Plate and Helm.

Jinsem
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Looking to part with this. I'm getting quite little use out of it and I guess it should be sold. Anyone able to give me a pricing start or range?

some ruby-veined half plate
30# +28
-------------------------
Damage resistant (10%) to *CRUSH*, *SLASH*, and *PUNCTURE*. This works as such... Takes the end damage and remove 10% from it. This works with redux and for a capped warrior can add quite a recent bonus onto an already great redux. You can either add flares or your choice of padding to it. This has been confirmed by a NIR. Also has spikes attached to it.
--------------------------
nspect plate
You carefully inspect your half plate.
----------------------------
Your careful inspection of some ruby-veined half plate allows you to conclude that it is plate armor that covers the torso, arms, and legs. You also notice that it is spiked.
-----------------------
You determine that you could wear the plate around your chest.
-------------------------
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of mithglin.

Found some scripts too!

pull plate
You tug on the fastenings of your half plate, testing the fit.
--------------------
rub plate
You buff your half plate until it gleams.
---------------------
dust plate
You dust off your half plate, removing the debris of battle.
--------------------
push plate
You bend, stretch, and twist, making sure your half plate is properly fitted for battle.
--------------------
rem pla
You undo the fastenings of your half plate and remove it.
--------------------
wear pla
You don your half plate, deftly adjusting the fastenings for a sure fit.

I also have a matching helm that can be sold along with it.

a ruby-veined black basinet
----------------------
3# +15
-----------------------
The basinet has both *STEAM* flares, and spikes. Also has a nice little benefit I am 100% unsure of "reveal that the head and neck are better protected when wearing the black basinet." Perhaps someone can educate me about this...

Also has some scripts...

>wear bas
Grasping your black basinet with both hands, you carefully place it on your head and adjust it until it feels comfortable.
--------------
>op bas
You slide the visor of your black basinet into an open position and latch it securely in place.
--------------------
>attend bas
You attend to your black basinet, making the basinet as presentable as possible.
--------------------
>rem bas
You grasp your black basinet with both hands and carefully lift it off of your head.

Jinsem
Rawr!

Jinsem
12-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Bump... 70 Views and not 1 reply...

Fallen
12-12-2007, 02:43 AM
I like the plate, but unless you outbid me on the warballs I wont have the money for it.

Lysander
12-12-2007, 10:48 AM
What happens if the end damage is less then 10?

Warriorbird
12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Warballs are selling? Where?

Fallen
12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I'VE SAID TOO MUCH...

Check your PMs.

Warriorbird
12-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Damn. Those are sweet. Cheaper than what he wants for the plate too I imagine...

What do you want for the plate, Jinsem?

Fallen
12-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Hell. I will start the bidding off at 5 mill.

Halstein
12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
6m

Fallen
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Jinsem
12-12-2007, 10:50 PM
An offer of 10M was already given from the first night I posted. Not knowing the market very well, I declined it. I felt it was worth a bit more to be honest, but wasn't sure. The price I told him I "thought" it should have started at was 20M. I could be wrong though... I'm going to chat with him this weekend and see what he wants to do, I have a feeling I will be posting with his 10M as the MB.

Hopefully a few more people will chime in.

Fallen
12-12-2007, 11:22 PM
We'll see. Very interesting set of armor.

Drew
12-12-2007, 11:30 PM
IMO 20 mil would be too high, sure it helps you with some physical attacks, but it does nothing for spells and nothing for maneuvers. Crit padding can help with a large number of both of those. It's more of an oddity than a highly powered set of armour. I would say 15 million is the absolute ceiling and I feel Jinsem would be making out in that situation.

AestheticDeath
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Isn't this unique? And you can still pad it.

You have a cost estimate on how many points it would take to put heavy padding on this set of armor?

Fallen
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
The problem I have with it is you would be dropping in CvA from going to this from Full plate. And to answer the above question, I am guessing a lot. 1k min surcharge for the spikes, as they are a combat script, and if you're lucky, another 1k surcharge for the 10% x 3 damage resistance. If they want to be asses, they might do 1k per damage resistance type.

Drew
12-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Are you sure this can be padded? That changes my opinion of it greatly.

Jinsem
12-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Padding is confirmed, as as flares. Cost has already been confirmed too. When I was told about the player enchantable part being removed I discussed a few things about it then. The armor will incur a 1k surcharge for the resistances, thats it.

The surcharge will also be in effect if it was PP enchanted too. I have the points to pad it, just didn't want to use the points to do it. Also, I agree with the CvA comment above. If it was fullplate I'd not be giving it away, it's a bothersome sore spot for me. Although the helm was a nice addition.

Anyone happen to know the PP's needed to pad/enchant it?
If I missed a question just reask, been a hellish week and it's still not over.

Jinsem

Drew
12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
In the past they didn't charge for spikes, I imagine it would probably be 2000PP surcharge now.