PDA

View Full Version : Air Attuned Ancient Glowbark Runestaff from Ebon Gate Auction

Solstice
12-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm selling this on the officials - but I thought somebody here might be interested in it as well so here is a copy of the post.

I held onto this pretty runestaff for over a year, but ultimately the unsolicited offers I've been getting have started to tempt me. And so..

Item - an ancient glowbark runestaff

Show - This strong, straight shaft of glowbark bears only one blemish; a large knot at the top of the staff has been hollowed out. Floating within the hole is a brilliant blue blazestar that slowly rotates laterally. About a third of the length down the shaft is wrapped a worn leather grip.

History - This is one of the set of 4 elementally-attuned runestaffs. This runestaff is the one for Air - as shown by the blue blazestar in it.

The runestaff has a couple of scripts to it.

raise rune
You raise your runestaff skyward! Immediately the blue blazestar atop your runestaff begins spinning rapidly, emitting a radiant blue glow!
Others see - Wizard raises an ancient glowbark runestaff skyward! Immediately the blue blazestar atop an ancient glowbark runestaff begins spinning rapidly, emitting a radiant blue glow!

lean rune
You lean against your runestaff, gazing thoughtfully at your surroundings.
Others see - Wizard leans against his runestaff, gazing thoughtfully at his surroundings.

The runestaff may be held by anyone BUT for you to use the spell-casting qualities of this runestaff you MUST be WIZARD attuned to the element of AIR. This staff casts Hand of Tonis (in both bolt and warding versions, dependant on stance). Alone this staff only casts this spell but in the presence of others from the set the spells can change. The four elemental-attuned runestaves share a common pool of charges for their spell, with each recharging 10 per day and a maximum of 40 charges being available at any time. (In other words, be polite and don't use yours more then 10x per day or you're taking somebody elses charges).

If you are lucky enough to hunt with another person who has one of the set you will have access to the following spells in addition to Hand of Tonis

Air/Earth - Sandstorm
Air/Fire - Firecloud
Air/Water - Major Shock

To change between spells you turn the runestaff

turn rune
You wave your hand around the blue blazestar magically suspended at the top of your runestaff. Tiny specks of light flare up inside the jewel, spiralling about in a brilliant veil of color before subsiding once again into a blue
glimmer.
Others see - Wizard waves his hand around the blue blazestar magically suspended at the top of his runestaff.

To see what spell your runestaff is currently set to you gaze at it
As you gaze into the blue blazestar cap of your runestaff, tiny, brilliant specks of light trace a symbol for "Hand of Tonis" before fading away.

This is me waving it in stance defensive, and a boring critter - don't laugh.

>wave rune at moc
You wave your runestaff at a water moccasin.
CS: +116 - TD: +12 + CvA: +25 + d100: +70 == +199
Warding failed!
A wispy hand of air reaches toward a water moccasin and grasps it tightly. The hand squeezes hard, snatching the breath from a water moccasin's lungs.
A water moccasin is stunned.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

IF you ever get all 4 runestaves together they will create a Mana Focus effect.

Last but not least the runestaff has the natural enchant of Glowbark which is +22 which makes it a light 5x.

Now all of that lovely information aside... My Terms - I reserve the right to withdraw this runestaff from sale at any time, for any reason including and not limited to - I change my mind because I'm still just so in awe I got it for 20 silvers at the auction. I reserve the right to give those who already have one of the set, or hunt regularly with someone who has one of the set preference in bidding and buy outs. I reserve the right to ask you to prove it by showing me yours (lol) unless you're one of the original auction/raffle winners. I may accept equipment in addition to or instead of silver bids. However I can't think of anything I want that costs as much as I've been offered for this thing. I would be interested in another 4x - 5x runestaff with some sort of enhansive (earth lore, srength, mana or spirit recovery), I might also be interested in one of the "Light Banner" runestaves if it was a match to my Winedotter Gnome's style.

Current offer - Unsolicited Private Bid for 25,000,000 silvers
Email me your offers at - Ariadanz@play.net