PDA

View Full Version : Official: Miracle (350) Released!

Fallen
12-08-2007, 12:00 AM
The capstone Cleric spell, Miracle, has been implemented!

350 - Miracle [miracle]
Duration - Immediate

Type: Utility

The pinnacle of clerical magic can be seen when Clerics request a Miracle from their deity. A Cleric with knowledge of the Miracle spell can BESEECH his or her patron after he or she has died in a desperate plea to be brought back to life. Doing so comes at a cost of 50 Mana Points (MP). The Cleric calls the spiritual servants of the patron deity to sanctify the area and cause it to become a temporary Minor Sanctuary. This is done with the same limitations as the Minor Sanctuary spell, except that the failure rate is significantly reduced due to the patron's servants assisting the Cleric's call. Training in Spiritual Lore, Spirit Summoning reduces the failure rate.

If the formation of the sanctuary is successful, the Cleric is immediately resurrected by servants of his or her deity. The Cleric is returned to life with full Health and Spirit Points, however, all wounds remain on the Cleric's body. Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings gives a chance that a Chrism-like effect (Tier 4 of the Holy Receptacle spell) is placed on the Cleric prior to their resurrection. The chance is 5% at 2 ranks up to 90% at 189 ranks.

A Cleric can only muster the spiritual strength to successfully use Miracle once every 24 hours. However, those truly dedicated to the study of faith can petition their patrons more frequently. By training in Spiritual Lore, Religion a Cleric will recover his spiritual strength more quickly, reducing the normal 24 hours by 1 hour at 4 ranks and up to 16 hours at 184 ranks.

Note: Using the BESEECH command at any other time will not cost the cleric 50 MPs.

Mana Points do not return while dead, so it may be wise to keep a reserve of mana when adventuring in dangerous locations.

A special thanks to GM Thandiwe who wrote the beautiful deity-specific messaging with aid from GMs Gyres and Lothwyn.

= - GM Oscuro - =

Cleric/Empath Team

This message was originally posted in Clerics, Cleric Spells. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=25&topic=26&message=6986

Fallen
12-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Self-resurrection. THAT is a level 50 spell. Congrats, clerics.

thefarmer
12-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Holy shit.

NOW people can whine about clerics

Drew
12-08-2007, 12:05 AM
That's a great level 50 spell.

Stanley Burrell
12-08-2007, 12:06 AM
The chrism effect part is ridiculously badass. Self-rezzing and sitting on the EXP bucket.

Thief
12-08-2007, 12:09 AM
This is when all the clerics go out and get themselves killed.

Halstein
12-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Does Oscuro get any sleep?

Fallen
12-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes, he coordinates it with Estild so Empaths/Clerics get 24 hour coverage. Heh.

Drew
12-08-2007, 12:17 AM
The chrism effect part is ridiculously badass. Self-rezzing and sitting on the EXP bucket.

Heck, unless they are totally wounded you don't even need to rest, just keep hunting.

Anyway, I think this spell is terrible, according to Virilneus clerics are hunting gods and can't die. This is all part of the Simu conspiracy to release a spell that looks good but will never be used.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-08-2007, 12:21 AM
That is so awesome.

Not that I'll get my cleric to fifty in short order or whatever, but if it ever happened.

Apparently there's deity specific messaging for miracle too.

Stanley Burrell
12-08-2007, 12:23 AM
HERE, HERE for massive Cleric Masada to check for messaging.

Silvanostar
12-08-2007, 12:29 AM
wow can rangers get oscuro and estild to redesign 650?

Fallen
12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Calls are already underway to change 650. There was cries of foul on the ranger boards within minutes of the spell being released. So much for only sorcerers whining.

P.S.

650 needs work. Either an increase in duration, or a decrease in mana cost.

Drew
12-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Calls are already underway to change 650. There was cries of foul on the ranger boards within minutes of the spell being released. So much for only sorcerers whining.

P.S.

650 needs work. Either an increase in duration, or a decrease in mana cost.

Actually that was me who posted the 350-650 comparison. It's a valid issue to mention now that we have a 50th level profession spell to compare to. You won't see me randomly posting about it 6 months from now.

Fallen
12-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Hah. Everyone who complains about their spells/profession/etc believes their concerns to be valid.

Drew
12-08-2007, 12:48 AM
You just agreed that it needed work, no one thinks it's a good spell. I take exception at the Virilneus allusion is all, I don't complain about stupid issues incessantly and being compared to him just hurts. Compare me to Tsin or Warclaidhm if you must cut me, but not him!

Fallen
12-08-2007, 12:56 AM
I agree that 650 needs work, yes. I also agree with some of Virilneus's points.

LMingrone
12-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Wow.

Drew
12-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Yeah I was exaggerating a little. Thought you were coming along with me on that one Detective Friday.

Drisco
12-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Kai's

You beseech Kai for some divine assistance.

Large and ethereal, rectangular talismans rise from the ground to form a ring around your lifeless form. Each talisman is carved with a different word and glows with a brilliant light. One by one, the talismans tumble into you. As the first falls upon you, you are filled with a deep sense of Honor, the second reminds you of Valor in battle, and the third causes your spirit to surge with Hope, while the fourth binds you with the strength of your Faith. The remaining two tumble into you simultaneously and, in a flash of white light, you absorb them all.
You feel the preservation on your spirit fade.

You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.

LMingrone
12-08-2007, 01:12 AM
There's always someone upset about a high level spell release. Is there anyone that doesn't like this one? Seems like a good deal to me.

Drew
12-08-2007, 01:14 AM
There's always someone upset about a high level spell release. Is there anyone that doesn't like this one? Seems like a good deal to me.

Oh there definitely will be a cleric come along to complain sooner or later. There are things to complain about, the lores are kind of annoying, the success rate might be low? I don't know, someone will find something. It's still a pretty cool spell, and even though I die very rarely I'd love to have it.

Necromancer
12-08-2007, 01:24 AM
IT'S NOT FAIR! SORCERERS WANTED THIS FIRST. I DEMAND A MORE POWERFUL MASS VERSION OF 719!!

(Did that help?)

Katt
12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Sorcerergestures at you.
Sorcererstares deep into your eyes.
CS: +474 - TD: +154 + CvA: +13 + d100: +73 - +15 == +391
Warding failed!
Sorcerersuddenly transforms into a horridly grotesque image, inducing utter terror in your soul!
A gut-wrenching fear twists deep into your soul. You turn pale and then fall limp to the ground, killed by some inconceivable fear!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 16 mins...
DEAD>

DEAD>

DEAD>beseech 350
You beseech Marlu for some divine assistance.

A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.

Dark clouds swirl across your prone form and the area is plunged into darkness. The hair on your body stands on end and a deep pressure builds around your spirit, threatening to consume it. Blue lightning lances through the air, heralding an ear-shattering ripple of thunder, and at the edge of your senses you feel the demonic horde surging forward to take you. Each sizzling bolt strikes your chest repeatedly for several moments and the horde closes in on you until every last one of them is absorbed by your spirit.

You feel a sudden jolt of nothing short of the raw power of divine intervention. For some reason, you cannot bring yourself to move quite yet, but feel relieved nonetheless.

From other view....

The spirit of Cleric beseeches his deity for some divine assistance.

Dark clouds swirl before the prone form of Cleric and the area is plunged into darkness. The thick scent of ozone rises on the air and causes hair to stand on end as a deep pressure builds. Blue lightning lances through the area, accompanied by a ear-shattering ripple of thunder, and in the shadows cast by its afterglow is the image of hundreds of demons lurching and struggling towards Cleric. Lightning strikes Cleric in the chest repeatedly, sizzling the air with every strike. As the lightning ceases, shadowy demons rise and dive deep into Cleric's chest.

Cleric awakens looking somewhat confused and drained.

Katt
12-08-2007, 01:40 AM
IT'S NOT FAIR! SORCERERS WANTED THIS FIRST. I DEMAND A MORE POWERFUL MASS VERSION OF 719!!

(Did that help?)

This is what Sorcerers Do.......

Sorcerer traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
>
Sorcerergestures at you.
CS: +474 - TD: +170 + CvA: +13 + d100: +38 - +15 == +340
Warding failed!
You feel a surge of intense energy suddenly tear violently at your body! You feel drained!
... and hits for 29 points of damage!
... 115 points of damage!
Flame consumes your right arm all the way to the shoulder.
You are stunned for 10 rounds!
... 70 points of damage!
Icy blast deep freezes one perfectly good heart!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 16 mins...

Sorcererlets out a cheer!

You say, "You idiot."
DEAD>
You say, "Thanks for taking all my mana."
D
Sorcerergroans.

Numbers
12-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Holy shit.

Donquix
12-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Not that it isn't a cool spell, especially in gemtone where you can have such bullshit deaths to maneuver type attacks and the like, but a self rez has the same problem in gemstone as in every other game:

you have to die to use it. other classes get spells that prevent their death, cleric devs just gave up on the class and gave them a get out of jail free card.

/obligatory rant

mgoddess
12-08-2007, 01:57 AM

Dark clouds swirl across your prone form and the area is plunged into darkness. The hair on your body stands on end and a deep pressure builds around your spirit, threatening to consume it. Blue lightning lances through the air, heralding an ear-shattering ripple of thunder, and at the edge of your senses you feel the demonic horde surging forward to take you. Each sizzling bolt strikes your chest repeatedly for several moments and the horde closes in on you until every last one of them is absorbed by your spirit.

LMFAO at peace and calm, followed by clouds, darkness, lightning, and DEMONS OF DOOM.

(Yes, I know... the peace and calm is the sanctuary taking affect. It just looks very silly to me.)

Androidpk
12-08-2007, 03:20 AM
LMFAO at peace and calm, followed by clouds, darkness, lightning, and DEMONS OF DOOM.

(Yes, I know... the peace and calm is the sanctuary taking affect. It just looks very silly to me.)

Was going to say the same thing, they should word that part a little differently.

Axhinde
12-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Bad-fucking-ass.

Sthrockmorton
12-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Jesus I wish my paladin friend had stayed a cleric.... after the spirit lore changes and now this? He JUST changed in October too, he's gonna be so upset

Axhinde
12-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Would is be worth 250 bucks?

Sthrockmorton
12-08-2007, 04:32 AM
$250?

Methais
12-08-2007, 04:52 AM
The capstone Cleric spell, Miracle, has been implemented!

350 - Miracle [miracle]
Duration - Immediate

Type: Utility

The pinnacle of clerical magic can be seen when Clerics request a Miracle from their deity. A Cleric with knowledge of the Miracle spell can BESEECH his or her patron after he or she has died in a desperate plea to be brought back to life. Doing so comes at a cost of 50 Mana Points (MP). The Cleric calls the spiritual servants of the patron deity to sanctify the area and cause it to become a temporary Minor Sanctuary. This is done with the same limitations as the Minor Sanctuary spell, except that the failure rate is significantly reduced due to the patron's servants assisting the Cleric's call. Training in Spiritual Lore, Spirit Summoning reduces the failure rate.

If the formation of the sanctuary is successful, the Cleric is immediately resurrected by servants of his or her deity. The Cleric is returned to life with full Health and Spirit Points, however, all wounds remain on the Cleric's body. Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings gives a chance that a Chrism-like effect (Tier 4 of the Holy Receptacle spell) is placed on the Cleric prior to their resurrection. The chance is 5% at 2 ranks up to 90% at 189 ranks.

A Cleric can only muster the spiritual strength to successfully use Miracle once every 24 hours. However, those truly dedicated to the study of faith can petition their patrons more frequently. By training in Spiritual Lore, Religion a Cleric will recover his spiritual strength more quickly, reducing the normal 24 hours by 1 hour at 4 ranks and up to 16 hours at 184 ranks.

Note: Using the BESEECH command at any other time will not cost the cleric 50 MPs.

Mana Points do not return while dead, so it may be wise to keep a reserve of mana when adventuring in dangerous locations.

A special thanks to GM Thandiwe who wrote the beautiful deity-specific messaging with aid from GMs Gyres and Lothwyn.

= - GM Oscuro - =

Cleric/Empath Team

This message was originally posted in Clerics, Cleric Spells. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=25&topic=26&message=6986

Too bad Jesus Christ the Human Cleric got LCI'd so long ago :(

StrayRogue
12-08-2007, 04:58 AM
Excellent idea, excellent spell. I agree 650 needs a look, but it shouldn't be as powerful as this. Rangers are after-all semi's.

Fallen
12-08-2007, 08:26 AM
One thing that surprised me is the complete lack of components or preparation the spell requires (other than dying). How I envisioned the spell was you prepared ...thingie (runestone, reliquary, etc), and gave it to your spirit servant. When you died, the spirit servant would then use the thingie on your corpse, thus beginning the process.

The BIG kicker here is the 50 mana part. If you die with 49 mana, you cannot use this spell. If you DO NOT land your sanct, I do not think you can use this spell, and you just blew your Beseech wad for the day. The big risk is waiting for the creatures to leave your room. How bad will they mangle your corpse before moving on?

Great spell. Hopefully we will hear of actual experiences of its use rather than people asking sorcerers to kill them to test it!

crb
12-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Heck, unless they are totally wounded you don't even need to rest, just keep hunting.

Anyway, I think this spell is terrible, according to Virilneus clerics are hunting gods and can't die. This is all part of the Simu conspiracy to release a spell that looks good but will never be used.
I never said that asshat.

crb
12-08-2007, 10:14 AM
For the record, I'm happy clerics got this spell, you might even say joyful. It is a great level 50 spell.

The main reason this makes me happy is because I have, for years, been asking for self-animation as a high level sorcery spell.

There are certain hypocrits in my profession who, just this past week, were saying the spell would be worthless since you have to die first, these same people laud 350. There were also people shitting on the idea because they thought it would be too powerful, and yet, here is 350.

So believe me, you won't find me complaining about 350, I'm glad clerics got it, because it makes it much more likely that self animation would be approved and desired by GMs as a high level sorcerer spell.

Though I would agree with Evarin in that it should have a component cost, but I'm not going to make a big deal about that since it means self animation wouldn't need a component either.

Gan
12-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Awesome spell.

Great job on the GM's part.

Latrinsorm
12-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Though I would agree with Evarin in that it should have a component cost, but I'm not going to make a big deal about that since it means self animation wouldn't need a component either.Why? Sorcerers don't have the luxury of an Arkati's intervention.

crb
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
eh I wasn't fully serious, what is a 10k trinket/runestone compared to paying 300k to the priestess?

TheEschaton
12-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Luukos (she had to dispel me first, heh):

EmpathFriend gestures at you.
The force of EmpathFriend's power warps the air as it surges toward you!
CS: +430 - TD: +341 + CvA: +2 + d100: +99 - -5 == +195
Warding failed!
A nebulous haze shimmers into view around you, plunging inward to envelop your right leg!
... 15 points of damage!
Chunks of flesh vaporized on right leg!
... 20 points of damage!
Large portions of right thigh removed in a flash!
You become solid again.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.

...departing in 10 mins...
>
A touchy tidal spirit dives straight towards you, its corporeal form dematerializing into a jet of frigid water. The water hits your body straight on, but amazingly, does not damage your corpse. The water pools around your body as a cold tingling feeling fills your being. Slowly, the water begins to gather itself up again and reform into the tidal spirit, but the feeling remains.
>

>beseech 350
You beseech Luukos for some divine assistance.

Punctuating the sudden calm of the area, the sound of slithering is quickly followed by a long, sibilant hiss. Winding a sinuous pattern to your head, an impossibly large copper-head snake with emerald green eyes begins to hiss at you. "Theresss more liessss to ssssspread, and deathssss to ssssteal," it says, and then swiftly raises high into the air to gaze down at you. Faster than the blink of an eye, the serpent dives into your chest and disperses into a shimmering green mist that seeps into your skin.
You feel the touch of the hand leave your soul.

I'm not sure how I feel abou the snake speaking in a lisp like that. Heh.

-TheE-

Charl forthcoming.

TheEschaton
12-08-2007, 12:22 PM
AnotherEmpathFriend gestures at you.
With intense look of concentration, a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward you from AnotherEmpathFriend!
CS: +280 - TD: +257 + CvA: +2 + d100: +90 - +5 == +110
Warding failed!
You shudder with mild convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop your body.
You are hit for 30 points of damage!
... 5 points of damage!
Strike glances off your chest.
The light blue glow leaves you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The white light leaves you.
A white glow rushes away from you.
The air calms down around you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
You become solid again.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
You feel your extra strength departing.

...departing in 13 mins...
>
A volatile lake spirit dives straight towards you, its corporeal form dematerializing into a jet of frigid water. The water hits your body straight on, but amazingly, does not damage your corpse. The water pools around your body as a cold tingling feeling fills your being. Slowly, the water begins to gather itself up again and reform into the lake spirit, but the feeling remains.
>
>beseech 350
You beseech Charl for some divine assistance.

As the air stirs, you feel your spirit drawn to the heavy scent of the ocean and feel a deep sense of peace. Clouds move into the area, their murky depths heavy with rain unshed and you can see lightning dancing within them. The pressure builds all around you until suddenly, the heavens release dozens of slender blue bands of lightning. The lightning fills your body with its energy and the very air around you seems to tingle with it. Moments later, the lightning is gone and the clouds soon follow.

You get an increased feeling of well being.

>
You feel your energy level return to normal.

Dunno what the increased well being is. The chrism effect?

-TheE-

TheEschaton
12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh, btw, 3rd person pov:

Laden with the scent of the ocean, a wind moves through the area drawing with it dark clouds heavy with rain. Lightning dances in the murky depths, outlining the edges of the cloud with its blue glow. Suddenly, lightning strikes the ground around the prone form of Cleric and dances across his skin. Seconds pass while you remain under the glow of the electrical ballet playing out upon Cleric, and then slowly the clouds disappear, taking the lightning with them.

Katt
12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Great spell. Hopefully we will hear of actual experiences of its use rather than people asking sorcerers to kill them to test it!

Actually it was the sorc asking me if he could kill me to see if it work. Since it's a Utility Character I thought, Why the hell not!

Sthrockmorton
12-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Would is be worth 250 bucks?

I'm still confused, anyone clear up his statement for me?

He have a cleric for sale or something?

Numbers
12-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Can't you pay $250 to convert back to cleric? Or some such?

Necromancer
12-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Hrm typo, should be there're more lies, not there's.

But Morvule always spoke in a lisp, so it makes sense

Androidpk
12-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Found this on the main web page.

--

Expanded Paid Restoral Rules
Effective 8/1/2006

Starting on August 1, 2006, we will be expanding the coverage of our Paid Restoral Process to include characters that have converted professions. This means that any Paladins (or Savants or Monks when they are released) which converted from a Warrior or Cleric will be permitted to use the Paid Restoral Process to restore their character back to their original profession for the cost of 250 dollars. The following rules will apply:

1. Characters that were converted after this change in policy will be given 30 days in which to request that they be reverted to their prior profession. Any request to revert the character received after 30 days will not be approved.
2. Characters that were converted prior to this announcement, but were upon a closed account at the time of this announcement, will be granted 30 days from the date of reactivation to request that the character be reverted to its prior profession. Any request received after this time has expired will not be approved.

mgoddess
12-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Dunno what the increased well being is. The chrism effect?

That is most likely the Chrism effect, yes.

Can't you pay $250 to convert back to cleric? Or some such?

If the paladin is still within the 30 day time period, yes. They can pay Simu $250 to be reverted to cleric-status... http://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/permarestoral_policy.asp (see second section: Expanded Restoration Rules)

Fallen
12-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Luukos (she had to dispel me first, heh):

EmpathFriend gestures at you.
The force of EmpathFriend's power warps the air as it surges toward you!
CS: +430 - TD: +341 + CvA: +2 + d100: +99 - -5 == +195
Warding failed!
A nebulous haze shimmers into view around you, plunging inward to envelop your right leg!
... 15 points of damage!
Chunks of flesh vaporized on right leg!
... 20 points of damage!
Large portions of right thigh removed in a flash!
You become solid again.

...departing in 10 mins...
>
A touchy tidal spirit dives straight towards you, its corporeal form dematerializing into a jet of frigid water. The water hits your body straight on, but amazingly, does not damage your corpse. The water pools around your body as a cold tingling feeling fills your being. Slowly, the water begins to gather itself up again and reform into the tidal spirit, but the feeling remains.
>

>beseech 350
You beseech Luukos for some divine assistance.

Punctuating the sudden calm of the area, the sound of slithering is quickly followed by a long, sibilant hiss. Winding a sinuous pattern to your head, an impossibly large copper-head snake with emerald green eyes begins to hiss at you. "Theresss more liessss to ssssspread, and deathssss to ssssteal," it says, and then swiftly raises high into the air to gaze down at you. Faster than the blink of an eye, the serpent dives into your chest and disperses into a shimmering green mist that seeps into your skin.

I'm not sure how I feel abou the snake speaking in a lisp like that. Heh.

-TheE-

Charl forthcoming.

I think that it should have said something like, A lisping hiss eminates from the snake and you hear the words, "blah", but yes, without the lisp in the actual words being spoke.

Nilandia
12-08-2007, 04:01 PM
HERE, HERE for massive Cleric Masada to check for messaging.
:lol: I feel so guilty for finding this hysterical, but I can't help myself!

Gretchen

Gelston
12-09-2007, 06:53 PM
That is most likely the Chrism effect, yes.

If the paladin is still within the 30 day time period, yes. They can pay Simu $250 to be reverted to cleric-status... http://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/permarestoral_policy.asp (see second section: Expanded Restoration Rules)

They'll do it even after that. I had one reverted about 3 months after converting.

Lysander
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM
So... anyone like a warrior sheath? I can make it out of some skins...yep... it's skinny... and.. you can put stuff in it. <runs into the corner and sobs>

Necromancer
12-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Heh that made me laugh

Flurbins
12-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Phoen:

DEAD>beseech
A quiet wind disperses the dark cloud.
DEAD>
You beseech Phoen for some divine assistance.

Minor Sanctuary (213) starts for 1h 14m.

Regal and proud, a broad-shouldered ethereal lion strides towards your lifeless form and you are filled with a sense of power and glory. As it moves towards you, its mane begins to shimmer with licking flames that resemble the rays of the sun. It lowers its gaze to you and you feel yourself drawn into their amber depths. The golden beast lifts a paw to your chest and a wave of warmth floods your limbs. As the light grows, the lion begins to dissipate into a golden nimbus that sinks into your body.

SP>stand
You are still stunned.

then a real fun run through the rift with no spells.

B2
12-19-2007, 12:36 AM
That seems like it was written by an entirely different person. The cadence and grammar is all different.

Axhinde
12-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Kai, for those interested.

You beseech Kai for some divine assistance.

Minor Sanctuary (213) starts for 1h 02m.

Large and ethereal, rectangular talismans rise from the ground to form a ring around your lifeless form. Each talisman is carved with a different word and glows with a brilliant light. One by one, the talismans tumble into you. As the first falls upon you, you are filled with a deep sense of Honor, the second reminds you of Valor in battle, and the third causes your spirit to surge with Hope, while the fourth binds you with the strength of your Faith. The remaining two tumble into you simultaneously and, in a flash of white light, you absorb them all.

Khariz
12-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Here is Amasalen:

An Illoke elder summons the wrath of his god as he gestures at you!
A massive stone hand appears in the air before you!
The huge grey fist wraps around you before you can move to avoid it! The massive hand clasps you tightly in a crushing grip, and your brain seems to scream as you feel your bones snapping!

... 70 points of damage!
Blow to abdomen breaks you almost in two!

beseech
You beseech Amasalen for some divine assistance.

Minor Sanctuary (213) starts for 1h 30m.

Silence descends upon the room and a double-headed serpent slithers to you. Each of its heads moves of its own accord, and slit-pupiled eyes take in everything as they wind a sinuous path up your prone form. As it reaches your chest, it lifts its heads up high and begins to sway from side to side in a hypnotic pattern. "You have learned the ssssacrifice issss everything, now we ssssacrifice oursssselves sssso that you may teach otherssss," the one head says before striking the other head at the neck. In one swift, painless bite, the head is severed and the open neck falls upon you, its lifeblood draining into your mouth. Moments pass as the ferric taste of the serpent's sacrifice fills you, and then suddenly it disappears.

SP>

Ilvane
12-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I saw this happen the other day and I was surprised, but it was very, very cool.

Ignot
12-31-2007, 09:39 PM
its just a matter of time before every class has a resurrection spell with different messaging of course.