PDA

View Full Version : Weapon fire overpowered?

Kbundy
12-08-2003, 11:20 PM
I understand that it only hits about 50% of the time if succeeds the warding failure.. but.. well, here.

After my espadon was hit with weapon fire, I tried to stow it in its normal, empty container..

>put my espadon in my belt sheath
put my esp in my belt sheath
You change your grip from two-handed to one-handed.
>Your espadon won't fit in the belt sheath.

Well. That's odd. I die. I decay. Of course, weapon fire's still going, so I get critted to the eye AGAIN after I die, dying and decaying a second time after it wears off.

>report Ahh.. when my espadon got hit with weapon fire, it apparently gained some weight and/or mass.

SEND[Zyllah] That's normal, the effect will go away after a while.

Isn't that a bit.. umm.. bullshit?

Stunseed
12-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Don't piss off someone/thing that uses weapon fire. Or drop the weapon and use a secondary. Plenty of alternatives, in my opinion. Sorry you decayed though, that really sucks.

Love you Jolena!

Pallon
12-08-2003, 11:25 PM
That is presumably to represent the fact that it's really, really hard to put a weapon that is blazing with deadly magical energy back into your sheath and thus escape the effects completely

Stunseed
12-08-2003, 11:28 PM
That too.

Love you Jolena!

Syberus
12-08-2003, 11:31 PM
You still get nailed if you put the weapon away.. at least you used to. Disks seem to be the only safe place to put the weapon aside from dropping it

Sean
12-08-2003, 11:40 PM
if you put it in a disk it wont hit you..

that being said that'll teach you to just decay because DR pts are off .. unless your planning on just gaining tons of DR pts when they go live then you can ignore what i said.

pennywise
12-09-2003, 03:53 AM
I dont know where you got weapon fired, but if it was in mages, it is best to carry either a cold weapon or a couple ebladed ones, and just drop it and grab another. least, thats was the easiest to do it when I hunted there.

pennywise

Parkbandit
12-09-2003, 09:33 AM
I would never drop a weapon. At the very least, stick it in your disk and pray the game doesn't crash.

And the weapon fire spell doesn't last all that long.. how did you die/decay and then die again with it still in place? Did you depart confirm? Or did the spell change?

Xcalibur
12-09-2003, 09:35 AM
depart confirm as there is no DR yet, surely

If you put the weapon inside a wearable container, you get the flare still?

Parkbandit
12-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
depart confirm as there is no DR yet, surely

If you put the weapon inside a wearable container, you get the flare still?

Yes.