PDA

View Full Version : Pissed Off! Royally...

GSLeloo
12-08-2003, 04:30 PM
So where should I start..

The Monday before Thanksgiving our fridge stops working. We call the repairmen and they show up Tuesday and tell us basically a huge part blew, they're gonna have to order it in, and due to Thanksgiving, they can't come till the following Monday. Leaving us without a fridge... we were living out of a chest and bags of ice.

That Monday comes and the guy doesn't even show up. After we finally call GE (General Electric) they tell us they don't know where the part is and they will come on Friday. Friday comes and the guy never shows up and they promise to come on Saturday. Saturday comes and it's a snowstorm so they cancel.

Finally they come today. But guess what, they still don't know where the part is. NOW they tell us the part will arrive on the 18th... So we are still without a fridge, our freezer in the shed is beginning to die and we're basically out of luck.

Seriously, WTF, it's general electric and they lose the part and leave us this long without a fridge? It's already been 3 weeks.. I'm pissed. I think I should be able to file a complaint.

Camri
12-08-2003, 04:34 PM
If it's under warranty, call a different repairman and send them the bill.

Ravenstorm
12-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Unless it's under warranty and you're getting it fixed for free, tell them to go away and call someone else to fix it.

It might not get fixed quicker but it'll be mroe satisfying.

Raven

12-08-2003, 04:37 PM
buy a new fridge

Camri
12-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
Unless it's under warranty and you're getting it fixed for free, tell them to go away and call someone else to fix it.

It might not get fixed quicker but it'll be mroe satisfying.

Raven

Even if it's under warranty, there's some statute that says they have to honor it in a timely manner, or you can have someone else fix it at their expense.

My dad did that once when our stove broke. The company gave him the runaround, sort of like Leloo is describing, and he had someone else come fix it. He was just going to pay the bill, but an attorney friend of his explained to him that he didn't have to.

GSLeloo
12-08-2003, 04:40 PM
It is under waranty.. the thing is that apparently there have been so many problems with this particular model that they're even extending the waranty.

SpunGirl
12-08-2003, 04:44 PM
File a complaint with the BBB.

-K

GSLeloo
12-08-2003, 04:47 PM
BBB?

SpunGirl
12-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Better Business Bureau.

-K

Xcalibur
12-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Main BBB Site for St. Louis:
http://www.stlouis.bbb.org/

First- Simutronics Corp. current BBB report
http://www.stlouis.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=310013366

Second- File a Complaint, Complaint Instructions, Complaint Processing & Reporting Policy, Dispute Resolution Services
http://www.stlouis.bbb.org/complaint.html

Thanks to suppa
(of course it was with simu, just go to the home page or whatever)

[Edited on 8-12-03 by Xcalibur]

i remember halloween
12-08-2003, 10:39 PM
General Electric is an awesome company.