PDA

View Full Version : Favorite LOTR character

Xcalibur
12-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Who is it? novel or movie, as you see fit, and why if possible?

Latrinsorm
12-08-2003, 06:12 PM
That Bombadil guy who wasn't in the movie, mainly because he wasn't in the movie. Second is the Elven father guy that Agent Smith plays, mainly because Agent Smith plays him. It took me SO LONG to figure that out.

Vixen
12-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Eowynn (sp? ) In the books she completely kicks ass

Hips
12-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Legolas, because even though he's girly, he's still a sexy sexy elf.

Mmmm. :thumbsup:

Xcalibur
12-08-2003, 06:24 PM
You don't like the fat elf that dies in the second episode?
hehe

All elves are supposed to be "handsome"

Drew2
12-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Where's the option for "Xcalibur is a dumbass and needs to stop making polls because he's a dumbass"

Also, I liked Tom and you didn't put him.

-39959 points for you.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Tayre]

Chelle
12-08-2003, 06:32 PM
I love Gollum. He is my favorite. He is so ugly he is cute, and I love the way he talks and acts. He really adds lots of comedic relife to the movie.

Testosterone
12-08-2003, 06:34 PM
LOTR sucks donkey balls.

Drew2
12-08-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Testosterone
LOTR sucks donkey balls.

Be like Xcalibur and make a poll and call it very interesting and add a few "Hmmmmmm......hahahahhaah....hehehehehehe"'s in there too.

Kitsun
12-08-2003, 08:33 PM
My favorite from the book is probably Gimli. He had a back and forth banter with Legolas and it was entertaining. Its a shame he got shafted in the movie and outplayed by the elf.

I first recognized Elrond as Agent Smith when I was rubbing my eyes when he was speaking, that voice just CLICKED inside my head and I snapped my eyes up to stare to make sure.

They casted the movie really well. Strider and Legolas are perfect. My only real gripe is the script write out for poor, poor Gimli.

GSLeloo
12-08-2003, 08:36 PM
I think it's a good poll.. don't be so mean Tayre. I by the way voted for Sam.

Xcalibur
12-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
I think it's a good poll.. don't be so mean Tayre. I by the way voted for Sam.

Tayre isn't mean, he just wished he did that thread before:lol:

Gandalf

[Edited on 9-12-03 by Xcalibur]

Betheny
12-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Boromir. He's just a guy. I prefer him in the movie to him in the books, he was rather villainized in the books, but in the movie he rocks.

peam
12-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Not in the trilogy, but Beorn the half-man/half-bear is my favorite character of the set of books.

DarknessWithin
12-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Legolas rules. How much cooler can you get than an elf shooting arrows & skewring guys 200 ft away? Plus did you see how he mounted the horse in the 2nd movie during the fight scene with the rohan riders?? Now that is skill.

Gollum is my second fav. I almost thought there were two of him when he was arguing with himself. Very funny.

I would love to hear Elrond go "Mr. Fro-do....we meet...again." hehe

Trinitis
12-08-2003, 10:02 PM
The Gollum sceen where he was having a two sided monolog was very VERY well made. I Love movies that throw out stuff like that. That was pretty much the only part I *really* liked in Spiderman.

I love monologs. The end of Devil's Advocate was another GREAT one.

Oh, and if I *had* to pick someone I liked..it would be Bilbo himself. They showed how the ring affected him REALLY well.

-Adredrin

Wezas
12-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Chelle
I love Gollum. He is my favorite. He is so ugly he is cute, and I love the way he talks and acts. He really adds lots of comedic relife to the movie.

So you're the other one that voted for Gollum.

Caramia
12-08-2003, 11:18 PM
I really like Arwen best, but I admire Sir Ian greatly, so Gandalf gets my vote.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Caramia]

Makkah
12-08-2003, 11:28 PM
<<So you're the other one that voted for Gollum. >>

Number 3 right here. Not that i really loved him... but all the others were just mediocre to me. All really good, but none stood out.

rht

Lord Deprav
12-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by DarknessWithin
Legolas rules. How much cooler can you get than an elf shooting arrows & skewring guys 200 ft away? Plus did you see how he mounted the horse in the 2nd movie during the fight scene with the rohan riders?? Now that is skill.

Gollum is my second fav. I almost thought there were two of him when he was arguing with himself. Very funny.

I would love to hear Elrond go "Mr. Fro-do....we meet...again." hehe

I don't like Gollum...But I love SMEEGLES!

Deprav

12-09-2003, 02:20 AM
Arwen, because i'd do alot of things to her.

Neildo
12-09-2003, 03:12 AM
I like Aragorn and Faramir. Rangers rock.

- N

Ilvane
12-09-2003, 05:20 AM
I'd have to go with Merry and Pippin. They are so essential to the story, and I just can't vote for the two of them, so I'll post.;)

-A

SpunGirl
12-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Sexy, sexy, sexy Legolas.

-K

Sean
12-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
Arwen, because i'd do alot of things to her.

what he said.

SpunGirl
12-09-2003, 05:57 AM
You guys would make her talk dirty to you in Elvish, eh?
That's what I'd make Legolas do.

-K

Hips
12-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
You guys would make her talk dirty to you in Elvish, eh?
That's what I'd make Legolas do.

-K

...what an incredible idea!

Jolena
12-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Well.. I really loved the scene where Legolas mounted that horse in the second movie..that was incredible and made me go "ooo" outloud haha. I also loved Gimli in the scene where Aragorn had to toss him over to the ground and he said 'Don't tell the elf' it made me roll laughing. However.. I honestly have to say that Arwen is my favorite one. She's ethereal in a way..very calm, collected and regal. I love the scene where she called upon her powers when the wraiths were chasing her and the river parted and killed them. THAT was a good scene. Hmm..maybe I should just go with them all.. cause damn Aragorn is sexy as hell too lol

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Jolena]

Latrinsorm
12-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
Well.. I really loved the scene where Legolas mounted that horse in the second movie..that was incredible and made me go "ooo" outloud haha. I also loved Gimli in the scene where Aragorn had to toss him over to the ground and he said 'Don't tell the elf' it made me roll laughing. However.. I honestly have to say that Arwen is my favorite one. She's ethereal in a way..very calm, collected and regal. I love the scene where she called upon her powers when the wraiths were chasing her and the river parted and killed them. THAT was a good scene. Hmm..maybe I should just go with them all.. cause damn Aragorn is sexy as hell too lol

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Jolena]

Sure, the elf women are all calm and stuff, but am I the only one that remembers that scene with the blonde elf girl going all evil and such? Man that was creepy. There's no way Frodo didn't crap his pants right then and there. And liked it. Filthy hobbits.

HarmNone
12-09-2003, 04:16 PM
In the movie, Legolas was to DIE for. Damn, but he is a sexy elf! In the book, I was smitten by the Ents. Go figure! ;)

HarmNone has a tree fetish

DarknessWithin
12-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone HarmNone has a tree fetish

Oak or Weeping Willow?? ;) :lol: :saint:

crazymage
12-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Aragorn hes just so collected mentally that everyone knows they can depend on him, but Gandalf is played amazingly in the movie so hes a close 2nd.

Czeska
12-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Took me awhile to figure out that Elrond was Smith too. Plus during Pirates of the Car. My bf leaned over and told me it was Legolas. So yeah, remember the "list" of celebrities on Friends? Orlando Bloom's on mine.

Annnnyway... I loved the ents in the books. I loved Baeorn in the Hobbit.

And today on the radio I heard that the guy who does Gollum's voice based it on the sound his cat makes when coughing up a hairball <cackles>

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by Czeska]

Vixen
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Well as a female, I have to put the part where Legolas stroked the fletchings on his arrow in that one scene. Damn but that was hot. :thumbsup:

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by Vixen]

Caiylania
12-10-2003, 05:11 PM
I voted for Gandalf because he reminds me of my grandfather. Protective, all knowing, and butt kicking.

As for sexiness, Legolas is MINE! ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!! *cackles insanely*

That horse scene is kick ass. So is the one with Arwen to the river.

Xcalibur
12-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Everyone with a wig, tons of professional make up and stylists and et cetera could be as sexy as him.

Just look at the Danish actor that is Aragorn, normaly he's as sexy as michael jackson (exagerating a little bit), as Aragorn?..

Ahh girls...

Gandalf really won my vote with the battle with the balrog... (notice he fights with a sword AND a staff? oh damn! gs4 would collapse hearing this!)

[Edited on 10-12-03 by Xcalibur]