PDA

View Full Version : Anyone agree with me?

dszabo
12-04-2007, 03:51 PM
You [Merchant]: "Some hobs wear hauberk, some wear brig."
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Onockerous [Merchant]: "Een the ones up the ridge?"
>
Malone [Merchant]: "I imagine hobgoblins wear whatever they find, really."
>
Vandele confers quietly with Taskmaster Rheteger.
>think on merchant if they're carryin a dull claidhmore, they carrying brig, if they're carryin a normal claidhmore, they're in hauberk
You focus on projecting your thoughts...
You [Merchant]: "If they're carryin a dull claidhmore, they carrying brig, if they're carryin a normal claidhmore, they're in hauberk."
>
Malone (Focused) [General]: "Wow, OOC much?"
>
Plando [General]: "The ones in the graveyard have brig also I think."
>think the ones with the dull claidhmores come from up on the ridge mainly, and the hauberk wearers are generally found in Ocoma Vale
You [General]: "The ones with the dull claidhmores come from up on the ridge mainly, and the hauberk wearers are generally found in Ocoma Vale."
>
Lord Darkavien just went northwest.
>
Lord Vandele just went northwest.
>think to malone how the hell is that OOC?
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "How the hell is that OOC?"
>think to malone it's my field observations
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "It's my field observations."
>

Malone (Focused) [General]: "You're stating it to be a fact, when the character has no way of knowing that they'd be carrying such items every single time."

>
Alamany (Focused) [General]: "Which hobgoblins wear brig?"
>
Malone (Focused) [General]: "It's stupidly OOC to the point of being ignorant and nieve."
>think to malone did I say definitly? I said some
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "Did I say definitly? I said some."

Malone (Focused) [General]: "Thanks for adding to the already ridiculous amount of OOC trash that GS has laying around now."
>
Onockerous [Merchant]: "Anyone have access to getting crimson blazestars? gimme a thought please."
>think to malone your OOC reaction to my IG observations has been very helpful for the OOC environment, thank you as well
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "Your OOC reaction to my IG observations has been very helpful for the OOC environment, thank you as well."

Ognan just went southeast.
>
Urzog just trudged away moving south.
>
Alamany (Focused) [General]: "All the ones i fi ght over there were light leathers. Im trying to find something with heavy armor i can sell to the pawnshop. he pays 180 for each hauberk, and only 58 for light leather.."

Malone (Focused) [General]: "Nieve morons like yourself are why GS is dying. Thanks a lot bud."
>think to malone you owe it to yourself, and your welcome for pointing that out
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "You owe it to yourself, and your welcome for pointing that out."
>think to alamany if you hunt in Ocoma Vale, you'll find several hobgoblins in hauberk
You (Focused to Alamany) [General]: "If you hunt in Ocoma Vale, you'll find several hobgoblins in hauberk."
>
You sense that your attunement to the minds of others is fading, and that it will cease in about a minute.
>rub crys amu
You rub your crystal amulet.
The distant thoughts in your mind feel stronger.
>
You've gained 1 physical training point.
(To use these new points, click on the "skill goals" link in the quick link bar.)
>think did anyone else have a problem with my field observations on hobgoblins? or is Malone the only fellow running around with a six foot lance jammed somewhere most of us would find uncomfortable?
You [General]: "Did anyone else have a problem with my field observations on hobgoblins? or is Malone the only fellow running around with a six foot lance jammed somewhere most of us would find uncomfortable?"
>
Khenan [General]: "Any knowledge is good knowledge."
>
Malone (Focused) [General]: "IC response to OOC thoughts, and somehow knowing my character's name out of the blue. Nice."
>
Delra (Focused) [General]: "Bwahahhaaaa funny way to descibe that kudos to ye."
>
>think to malone so you're saying if someone, like myself, has done countless hours of field research on any given subject, that they are not allowed to make fatc based statements?
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "So you're saying if someone, like myself, has done countless hours of field research on any given subject, that they are not allowed to make fatc based statements?"
>
<Leff selling thoughts>

>think to malone or is it too much to assume that if you see a bird carrying twigs, it ISNT going to build his nest?
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "Or is it too much to assume that if you see a bird carrying twigs, it ISNT going to build his nest?"
>
* Zephremnic just bit the dust!
>
Malone (Focused) [General]: "That is VERY different, don't be nieve."
>think to malone generally not EVERY bird will be building a nest with said sticks, but it is very safe to say "birds carrying sticks are going to build nests"
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "Generally not EVERY bird will be building a nest with said sticks, but it is very safe to say "birds carrying sticks are going to build nests"."
>think to malone thats all I was saying...
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "Thats all I was saying..."
>think to malone hobgoblins carrying dull claidhmores wear brigandine...generally
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "Hobgoblins carrying dull claidhmores wear brigandine...generally."
>
>think to malone think about it, not all Krolvin are idiots
You (Focused to Malone) [General]: "Think about it, not all Krolvin are idiots."
>
Malone (Focused) [General]: "Specifically stating that dull claidhmore wielding mobs wear X armor, and mobs that carry an ordinary claidhmore wear X armor, when it's simply reliant on obvious patterns in character generation... yeah, OOC."

>think to malone so it's an obvious pattern in creation that all people carrying blunt weapons are skilled in their use?
Think to whom?

The Ponzzz
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I see it like a uniform. Hobgoblins in the XXX region use certain weapons/armor and are trained better/worst. I think it was just a little bit of miscommunication really. But I don't think it was OOC when other terms are more OOC that are used like age.

Halstein
12-04-2007, 03:56 PM
he's an idiot

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
He's an idiot, is what I got out of that.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
lol, I hate the people who play GS so much. They're the reason the game sucks.

Some Rogue
12-04-2007, 04:05 PM
And he needs to learn how to spell naive.

Celephais
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I think that was perfectly acceptable observations.

There are some facts in GS that can be exceptionally hard to not transfer into IC knowledge. For example is it OOC for me to say that my spells will last exactly X minutes? Odds are my character couldn't keep track of that, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Some Rogue
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
I think that was perfectly acceptable observations.

There are some facts in GS that can be exceptionally hard to not transfer into IC knowledge. For example is it OOC for me to say that my spells will last exactly X minutes? Odds are my character couldn't keep track of that, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Buy the hourglass I am selling in my shop and you could. :welcome:

Sthrockmorton
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
And he needs to learn how to spell naive.

That bugged me from the beginning.

Danical
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
R-tard nation.

mgoddess
12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
LMFAO Wow, either Malone did have a lance up his ass that day, or he's naturally an idiot.

thefarmer
12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
It's people like HIM (Malone) that make GS suck.

I say you go up to him, kill his ass, then say "Want OOC? Here's a WTFPWN!"

Celephais
12-04-2007, 05:20 PM
It's people like HIM (Malone) that make GS suck.

I say you go up to him, kill his ass, then say "Want OOC? Here's a WTFPWN!"
Yeah, give him some field observations.

dszabo
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Hah, I would love to, but as you can tell by my last attempt at defending my observations, he had to log off to save face.

Ashuron

AestheticDeath
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Pretty sure I have had Malone bitch at me for similarly stupid observations. Some sort of argument with him on the amunet anyways.

And the 'nieve' got on my nerves just as well.

And as for knowing the name of someone on the amunet? WTF, there are so many ways you can explain stuff like that. Its like a fucking telepathic link - you aren't going to get a general sense of whos "voice" is whos? And perhaps a stray thought of 'this is my name/signiture/thought pattern, so you can recognize me.'

And people who go so far overboard with OOC complaints are just fucking stupid. Its a game, some things just have to be lived with. Unless you want every god damn person on the amunet coming along with a thought along the lines of

"Hello, my name is Joe Dirt, and I am selling a sword you can't see - but its so fucking special you should pay me two hundred million silvers for it."

"HELLO EVERYONE, My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, Prepare to DIE!"

Methais
12-04-2007, 10:32 PM
This is for Malone.
http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws/images/metamucil.jpg

Danical
12-05-2007, 06:00 AM
hahahahahahahahahaha.

Comedy Gold.

Martaigne
12-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Wow, RP Nazi moron who can't spell. Priceless.

It's one thing to encourage roleplay. It's another thing entirely to act like that.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
12-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Well hell, I agree, and I'm the player of Malone! While you cut out the more vital beginnings of my issue with your character's thoughts, I did indeed have a lance up my ass. My apologies. You caught me in the middle of concluding a large-scale move a whole fifteen minutes from where my family used to be, so irritation was setting in. To top it off, GS has been murdering my brain with the obvious, and tremendously fast decline of quality in roleplaying.
I'm quickly finding that all of the half-decent roleplay has been hidden away in end-game groups. Lacking the devotion to hunt, rest, and continue on roughly two thousand more times as such to simply better a character in a game that I no longer have interest in, well, I've pretty much given up hope.
At any rate, not sure how in the fuck I started spelling it nieve, but it has since been thrown in with the rest of my more obvious flaws! Sorry to be such a dick at that moment.

-a slightly MORE enlightened dancing Banana.

P.S.- To make sure I look like a bit more of a dick, if for no other reason than to spare anyone of guilt for flaming me, I shall use standard n00b excuses for my rant.

Hey bitch! I was drunk. STFU
N00bs like you fux my brain up, GET OUT OF MY GAME!
Methais made me do it!
...and finally...
I was typing while laying in my bed in the ICU at Piedmont hospital...i'm having a clotting problem and I have to be in the hospital.....i'll give you my room number you can call to find out......i'm normally not such a bitch but I can't help it because i'm SO SICK.....

diethx
12-05-2007, 11:24 PM
P.S.- To make sure I look like a bit more of a dick, if for no other reason than to spare anyone of guilt for flaming me, I shall use standard n00b excuses for my rant.

Hey bitch! I was drunk. STFU
N00bs like you fux my brain up, GET OUT OF MY GAME!
...and finally...
Methais made me do it!

You forgot the, "I was typing while laying in my bed in the ICU at Piedmont hospital...i'm having a clotting problem and I have to be in the hospital.....i'll give you my room number you can call to find out......i'm normally not such a bitch but I can't help it because i'm SO SICK....." excuse.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Did not bish!

dszabo
12-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Editor's Note - I didn't cut out any part of our conversation...only a ton of Tsin's selling
but bygones are bygones.

Warriorbird
12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
So neive!

;)

Ignot
12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
people like malone have no friends OOG and IG. how much would it suck to play GS to try and find some friends only to learn that nobody likes you IG as well

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
12-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Yay for late flaming of a dude you don't even know! I have three GS-related friends, not one more. I guess that makes me a giant loser in your world... but at least in the REAL world, I have quite a few more. Flame on time with everyone else, or don't do it at all.

Anebriated
12-07-2007, 12:10 AM
props for actually admitting it was you.

GS friends are overrated. I say this because I only have like 4 and half of them play less than I do!

Axhinde
12-07-2007, 12:55 AM
people like malone have no friends OOG and IG. how much would it suck to play GS to try and find some friends only to learn that nobody likes you IG as well

You know what happens when you assume, right?

Stanley Burrell
12-07-2007, 01:56 AM
This is for Malone.
http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws/images/metamucil.jpg

Hello!

Can you post the "Out of fucking nowhere, it's David Hasselhoff" please? It wouldn't be Methais enough if I did it. Appreciate it.

Methais
12-07-2007, 02:34 AM
http://users.abac.com/myraa/kitty/hasselhoff.jpg

Stanley Burrell
12-07-2007, 04:49 AM
I salute you. And Mr. Hasselhof. At least when he starred in Knight Rider.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Best thread flaming me, EVER.