PDA

View Full Version : Well i finaly made it to 21!

GOD
12-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Yup, woo hoo, turned 21 on sunday, lol, i grew up in a city where everything requires you to be 21 to do anytihng (Las Vegas) and now i'm not even there to celebrate my 21st birthday, kinda disapointing, but jamaica is also a good place to celebrate your 21st birthday.(Even tho i just sat home and watched TV).

-John

Meos
12-08-2003, 10:01 AM
just watch out for the liver, I hear ya only get one.

Wezas
12-08-2003, 10:01 AM
When I turned 21 I went out and had my first legal drink.

The fuckers didn't card me.

Xcalibur
12-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Hahahha same as me wezas...

Happy birthday, welcome into the adult world

Betheny
12-08-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Me either.

It sucked.

Wezas
12-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Maimara

Me either.

It sucked.

My dad went out drinking with me and my friends, he made the bartender card me. It was kind of embarassing.

And I gotta say, I got drunk alot more before I turned 21. Since then it's just the occasional beer.

Meos
12-08-2003, 10:08 AM
when I turned 21, I went to go buy a case of beer. I got carded. but they denied me! I had my orginal license that had a red band on it that said "NOT 21 TILL OCTOBER blah blah blah"

I was pissed, I told them look, it says i'm not 21 till TODAY FUCKERS!

"Sir please leave before we call the cops"

Moist Happenings
12-08-2003, 10:08 AM
I haven't been carded since I was like 18, surprisingly. But the only real time I drink when i'm out is when i'm in a fancier restaurant, so I don't really think they care that much. You're SUPPOSED to have wine with certain stuff. I don't really hit bars that much.

Weedmage Princess
12-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Happy Birthday, John :)

Yesterday was my son's birthday, too..heh.

Wezas
12-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Happy Birthday, John :)

Yesterday was my son's birthday, too..heh.

Back when you were younger the drinking was what, 12?

Betheny
12-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Meos
when I turned 21, I went to go buy a case of beer. I got carded. but they denied me! I had my orginal license that had a red band on it that said "NOT 21 TILL OCTOBER blah blah blah"

As far as I know, we can sell to someone with an ID that says under a certain age if that person is actually of age, and if the ID isn't expired. If the ID is expired they have to have their renewal reciept.

Weedmage Princess
12-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Actually Wezas I turned 21 7 years ago..

And I've always been carded...and once accused of using someone else's ID..or having a fake one..I don't know where that dude was going with that...but he was trying to deny me tequila..heh.

Wezas
12-08-2003, 10:29 AM

But the math doesn't add up.

21 + 7 < 86

Zeyrin
12-08-2003, 11:05 AM

On my 21st birthday, I went to the store where my mom worked and she had to sell me a case. It's was priceless. I did have a sober driver though.

Weedmage Princess
12-08-2003, 11:12 AM

But the math doesn't add up.

21 + 7 < 86

That's because 21+7=28, which is my age.

Not 86, you down syndromed fruitcake..heh

GOD
12-08-2003, 12:15 PM
ROFLMAO Man you guys have some comical posts.

Well thank you to those who said happy b-day.

Ya, thats the one thing i wanted to do, go buy a beer and get carded, too bad out in Jamaica they dont card after you turn like 5!!! So not luck doing that til i get back to the states...tho i do rmeember when i was 18 and went and bought a pack of cigarettes one day, using my ID they guy told me i was using my older brothers ID, LOL I dont even have an older brother...then he asks me to sign my name, of course my signature doesnt look the same as my ID cuz i'm a lazy ass when it comes to signing my name so it looks differnet every time...damn, this siht better not happen when i get back to the states and goto buy my first legal beer there, i'll be pissed off, lol.

-John

Souzy
12-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Happy birthday and how did you end up in Jamaica?

Kurili
12-08-2003, 01:01 PM
sings: Happy Birthday to YOOOUUUU!!

I dont sing much, consider yourself honored. And many, many more!!

Acolyte Kurili

JustMe
12-08-2003, 02:36 PM

Me too, I was pissed. LMAO.

Edited to add: Happy Birthday! Go out and get drunk.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by JustMe]

12-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Meos

YEa those illinois ID cards suck. Of course was always able to buy liquor in chicago since i was like 15 so i dunno what your deal is.

Meos
12-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1

YEa those illinois ID cards suck. Of course was always able to buy liquor in chicago since i was like 15 so i dunno what your deal is.

This happened at the Illinois state university, not the city. anyway I had to go to like 3 different liquor stores before I found someone who was sympathtic to my cause

Myrianna
12-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Happy Birthday, and stop signing onto message boards... Dude, you're in Jamaica !!

Vesi
12-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Happy Birthday.

I was carded until I was in my early 30's. I always enjoyed being asked.

Now they don't card me, they just put a date in the register when they know you are old enough. One guy put I was born in 1903. :lol: He did this another time I when I went to the same store. I told him that even though I hadn't used my hair dye that month I knew I looked younger than 100. He just said it was an easy date to key in. Ummhmm.

Vesi

SpunGirl
12-08-2003, 03:51 PM
I always get carded. They were always making me sign the stupid paper at our favorite college bar, in case my ID was fake and I killed someone later or something.

-K

Moist Happenings
12-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Are you sure the guy that was carding you didn't just want to get to know you? Did he make you put your phone number on it too? Address?

You are pretty cute, you know.

SpunGirl
12-08-2003, 04:00 PM
::tickles Neff::

You flatter-er, you.

What they did was make a photocopy of your ID and make you sign a paper attatched to it verifying that it was you and that you were of age, blah blah.

This was also the bar where everyone danced on the bar, and you also had to sign saying if you fell off the bar you wouldn't sue them for letting you up there in the first place.

-K

HarmNone
12-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Whee! Happy birthday, John! May all your birthdays be happy! :D

HarmNone

Jonty
12-08-2003, 04:28 PM

Hahaha, same here. I turned 21 on holloween. So I went to Manhattan with some friends and cousins to see the parade in the village. When it was time to have a drink, the first bar we went to didn't let one of the girls in because her ID was fake(she's 22 BTW, I don't know why the fuck she doesn't have a legal ID.) So I didn't even get a chance to get carded there. Second bar I went to charged 5 dollars to get in, but they didn't fucking ID me, and I look like a fucking teenager. Guess it was the face paint ;)

Dumb thing is, a week before I was 21, I got carded trying to buy beer. But I guess the store clerk doesn't know how to add, so I got the beer anyway.

-Me

Neildo
12-08-2003, 10:50 PM
I always get carded. They were always making me sign the stupid paper at our favorite college bar, in case my ID was fake and I killed someone later or something.

The Crown and Anchor?

- N

12-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Neff
Are you sure the guy that was carding you didn't just want to get to know you? Did he make you put your phone number on it too? Address?

You are pretty cute, you know.

Seriously man. You need to get hosed down

Sean
12-08-2003, 11:03 PM
happy birthday man

ps. i didnt get carded when i turned 21 either .. but does anyone in NYC actually card?

Soulpieced
12-09-2003, 12:16 AM
I used to have an old Illinois liscence. Good old laminated bad boy. Wish I still had it.

Sean
12-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
I used to have an old Illinois liscence. Good old laminated bad boy. Wish I still had it.

jersey still has laminated lisences .. until 04 when they convert to digital

Jonty
12-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Tijay
.. but does anyone in NYC actually card?

Most places I've been to, yes they do card. Certain small bars and ghetto liquor stores don't give a fuck though.

-Me

GOD
12-09-2003, 12:18 PM
LOL - Okay, i ended up in jamaica cuz my uncle lives here and i came to work with him out here.

I know im in jamaica, but i cant sign off the msg board, i'm at work and there really isnt anything else to do right now...lol.

-John

GOD
12-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Hey thanks to everyone who said happy birthday, i really appreciate it, i didnt get an email or anyting from anyone i know in the states that are good friends of mine...exceot fir 1 of them, plus my ex girlfriend was the first to say happy birthday to me over instant messanger...

N-E wayz cant wait til i get back to the states so i can get trashed and a lil ass.

-John