PDA

View Full Version : GS Platinum Gear

GoingGone
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
a lustrous black eonake pike with a broad greatspear-styled tip

(4x, very heavily damage weighted)

-----

a slender gold-plated scimitar ( w/ show )
a slender silver-plated scimitar ( w/ show )

( Matching pair of scimitars, 3x against the living with flares depending on your elemental attunement (alternate fire and ice if you're not set to one), possibly based on profession, haven't test.

2x and Permabless when used on undead )

-----

a copper-bound tooled leather cylinder
a heavy ebon-hafted spear

( Endless 4x cold-flaring spear bandolier, from Kadah )

-----

an eonake bastard sword

( 4x, flares Web/Fire, Sanctified )

------

a silver-plated black vulite cylinder

( 4x fire-flaring mace, push it, it extends into a lance. Awesome scripts )

-------

a lor-segmented heavy vultite spear (w/show)

( chain-spear. 'Nuff said )

--------

a gleaming silver wakizashi (registered)
a gleaming silver wakizashi (registered)

( Matching Pair. One is 6x Void-flaring with a Stamina Regen enchancive, the other is 4x and Void-Flaring )

--------

an enruned gold and silver falchion

( 0x, unique flash of silver (slashing) immolation flares against Trolls. Damage seems to escalate with each swing/flare on the same troll. )

--------

a silvery molded mithril ribcage

( 2x, has a show, self-mana undisease )

--------

an ethereal flamberge

( 7x, only hits undead (permabless), not living )

-----------

a sinuous golden imflass flamberge

( Imflass enchant, void-flaring )

-----------

a cerulean sapphire ring

( Responds to 4 different spells which attune/unattune it to 3 different settings. Each setting changes the users class spell-circle to a unique prep phrase for that setting. This is of no use to rogues/warriors. Bards get 3 different prep phrases entirely (very cool).

The loresong indicates that the ring is the signet of the heir to the Illistim Throne. )

-----------

I'm thinking it's time to cash out, in the wake of recent events.

Anebriated
12-01-2007, 04:34 PM
doesnt selling the items kind of go against what plat stands for? Im hoping you at least are selling them for next to nothing.

The Ponzzz
12-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Well crap. You're leaving...

thefarmer
12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Pity I don't play plat. I've been looking for several of those items in prime.

The Ponzzz
12-01-2007, 07:40 PM
You should come play!

thefarmer
12-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I would but don't feel like shelling out that much cash.

The Ponzzz
12-01-2007, 08:51 PM
If you're premium it's only $10 extra! That's like a 6 pack of beer a week!

Halstein
12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
and lose them all the first time you die?

The Ponzzz
12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
You only drop what is in your hands upon death. In decay is when you lose everything on you. Anyone can come back to pick up your weapons when they come to collect your dead body. Makes you use tactics with hunting. Death isn't an option.

Outdrsyguy1
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
wow, does anyone even go near roa'ters? your pretty much guaranteed to die there at some point.

The Ponzzz
12-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I hunted roa'ters. I went on a good roll of not dying from 40-67. And now dogmatists have mass interference and wither that royal destroy me. Had three deaths in wyneb since the change. All about having better tactics because death isn't an option. I hunt spell-less other than 401 and 406 because I can cast them. Sometimes I wear a small statue and whatever small spells I find on scrolls. It's hardcore though. I swear up a storm when I die with my 10x buckler and SD mace sitting on the ground.

Now Illoke is insane. People who hunt there either have plate and redux out the ass or giant brass balls. Because that place scares the shit out of me in Plat.

Anebriated
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
It takes me long enough to level in prime, as much as i wouldnt mind playing plat i really dont feel like starting from scratch again. Wish it wasnt so expensive or id give it a go.

Stunseed
12-02-2007, 12:01 AM
It takes me long enough to level in prime, as much as i wouldnt mind playing plat i really dont feel like starting from scratch again. Wish it wasnt so expensive or id give it a go.

For me it was getting out of the same role I played in Prime. In Plat my character is one of the biggest assholes, and isn't liked by much of anyone, with the exception of the darkies. It was really nice to be able to be on the other side of the coin.

The Ponzzz
12-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I like Stunseed's character in Plat. He's pretty awesome with his slave girl!

Anebriated
12-02-2007, 12:11 AM
For me it was getting out of the same role I played in Prime. In Plat my character is one of the biggest assholes, and isn't liked by much of anyone, with the exception of the darkies. It was really nice to be able to be on the other side of the coin.

Yeah, once I got away from playing Elrodin it became a lot easier to roleplay different chars. As fun as it would be to play in plat I just cant justify using up more of my beer money just to play in a smaller community with better RP and cooler items. I hate having to pay for the second slot on my basic account to begin with..

The Ponzzz
12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Heh. Well, try a trial one day if you can. Won't hurt nothing for 30 days. Plat can be fun. It's not for everyone, obviously.