PDA

View Full Version : One more sanctify question 1625

Outdrsyguy1
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
So, about infusing spells into your weapon. My understanding is you infuse it and it only flares once then you have to reinfuse which is crappy enough in itsself but my question is: What do you guys infuse your weapon with? the only thing i can find is 1602, paladins really don't have any offensive spells till high in the trainings and then there's a good chance it's too hard a spell to infuse...

mgoddess
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
To infuse a spell into the weapon, the Paladin will need to either PREPARE or INVOKE a spell and then attempt to INFUSE it into their weapon. Only targeted, non-bolt/ball offensive spells may be infused into the weapon (no mass spells).

I would suspect that most paladins infuse spells from scrolls... personally, I'd probably infuse spells like 110, 409, 501, 702, 705, 1106 or similar (offensive CS-based spells that have a high probability of hitting anything I'm hunting).

Celephais
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Don't Paladin's have relatively poor CS for those spells? Without the benefit of the lower TD most things have against hybrid CS I imagine it'd be hard to hit anything like level.

Not really sure, just wondering, I would almost expect something like 410 or maybe a manuever spell (710?) to be good.

Outdrsyguy1
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
yeah, my paladin has pretty crappy cs, not sure he could ward anything to be honest. Specially since you can uphunt quite a bit.

Anebriated
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
can you put haste into it? I have no idea how paladin spells work, just figure that could be useful though.

Outdrsyguy1
11-30-2007, 03:58 PM
To infuse a spell into the weapon, the Paladin will need to either PREPARE or INVOKE a spell and then attempt to INFUSE it into their weapon. Only targeted, non-bolt/ball offensive spells may be infused into the weapon (no mass spells). The maximum effective spell level that can be infused into the weapon is the weapon's bonded rank -2, multiplied by 4 [(Bonded Rank - 2) * 4].

I'm guessing scrolls are really about the only way to get an offensive spell into them. Though i still really don't see any use for it having low cs and low aimed AS. Maybe it ignores cs equations, i haven't messed around with it yet to be honest.

Grimaldus
12-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Training in Spiritual Lore: Summoning can raise the level of the spell allowed. I think 9 ranks and a rank 5 bond allows you to put Divine Strike in the weapon. Kind of expensive and limited use, but your CS for that one should be decent.

septus
12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I put divine strike and unbalance into mine, depending on my mood. I have 15 ranks of summoning.

thefarmer
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Dunno how you train, but my Paladin CS is more than enough to uphunt about 10 levels or more.

Unbalance and web are fun, though more setup than attack.