PDA

View Full Version : Mage Rechargeable gems

bluesmith
11-30-2007, 09:32 AM
What do these typically go for?

Any variables affecting their value (such as bardsung value effects the quality of a charging orb gem)?

Meges
11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
What do these typically go for?

Any variables affecting their value (such as bardsung value effects the quality of a charging orb gem)?

I think they go for around 500k now. Loresong value means nothing for mage rechargeables. No one is going to knowingly use a mage rechargeable as a charging orb.

Meges

Celephais
11-30-2007, 10:16 AM
What do people typically put into mage rechargeable gems? To me they seem like poor candidates for use of a 420 scroll (what with charges being rare and if you're using one I would think you'd prefer a wearable or some sort of non-gem item). So that limits the pool down to 100s, 400s, 500s, 700s, 900s, 1000s(hah)... I imagine 507 would be popular?

Xandalf
11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
What do people typically put into mage rechargeable gems? To me they seem like poor candidates for use of a 420 scroll (what with charges being rare and if you're using one I would think you'd prefer a wearable or some sort of non-gem item). So that limits the pool down to 100s, 400s, 500s, 700s, 900s, 1000s(hah)... I imagine 507 would be popular?

507 is highly unpopular. Most people who buy charges of a 420 scroll are wizards or people with a recharging crystal.

As a seller of charges of a 420 scroll, the most popular spells are ones that are not found on scrolls, and thus impossible to obtain by other means.

1109 is by far the most popular, and IMO the best.

Celephais
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
507 is highly unpopular. Most people who buy charges of a 420 scroll are wizards or people with a recharging crystal.

As a seller of charges of a 420 scroll, the most popular spells are ones that are not found on scrolls, and thus impossible to obtain by other means.

1109 is by far the most popular, and IMO the best.
Umm... re-read my post.
I am saying what do people typically use mage rechargable scrolls for when NOT using a 420 scroll to imbed it. Hence 1109 is not in the pool of candidacy for my question.

Sthrockmorton
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I feel the majority (but not all) make haste gems.

Easy to recharge, nice utility spell.

Xandalf
11-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Umm... re-read my post.
I am saying what do people typically use mage rechargable scrolls for when NOT using a 420 scroll to imbed it. Hence 1109 is not in the pool of candidacy for my question.

I'm not sure what a mage rechargable scroll is, so I assume you meant gem.

But yes, I follow your train of thought.

I was merely starting my experiences with mage rechargables. Most people have been putting them in gems, NOT wearables. Harder to loot off corpses in OTF when you have them locked away in containers.

Celephais
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure what a mage rechargable scroll is, so I assume you meant gem.
Woops, yeah I screwed up the 2nd post, but the first one stated gem.

What do people typically put into mage rechargeable gems?

But yes, I follow your train of thought.

I was merely starting my experiences with mage rechargables. Most people have been putting them in gems, NOT wearables. Harder to loot off corpses in OTF when you have them locked away in containers.
Huh, okay that's not what I would expect... especially since the wearable could be removed; then again I imagine they would all like to use the raise verb.