PDA

View Full Version : Ta'Vaalor Foraging Posted

Nilandia
11-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Didn't take as long this time as I thought it would.

I've gone through Ta'Vaalor with its herb tome and added the data I found to Virilneus' website. When used in the region it's designed for, an herb tome will reveal to the user which herbs may be foraged in a specific room.

There are some limitations of the tomes to be aware of, however.

The herb tomes will only reveal which herbs might be found at that time. Herbs which must be foraged at a specific time of day may not show up if the tome was used at the wrong time. For example, moonflower will not show up if the tome is used during the day.

The tomes also do not take into account some herbs which now have conditions that must be met to be found, beyond climate, terrain and time of day. For now, the only herb that I know of that is affected is the witchwood twig, which can only be found in cemeteries. Ayana and ayana'al variants show up properly.

There also appears to be a character limit to the reading the herb tome will give. Once that limit is reached, the information will cut off, even in mid-word. I found this only occurred in the rooms which were temperate grassland and temperate cultivated, but as most of the alchemy-related plants come at the end, this can be a bit of a problem.

Even with those, however, thousands of herbs have now been marked in Ta'Vaalor, which I anticipate would make alchemy, and foraging in general, much easier. Thank you to Virilneus for supplying the site and interface for posting the data, to Vyrshkana for taking the tome to places where I couldn't reach, and to Jay for loaning his tome for Ta'Vaalor.

I still have Zul Logoth yet to work on for myself. Other towns will be posted in the future as well, if not by me.

Enjoy!

Gretchen

Katt
11-26-2007, 06:02 PM
That is awesome, I don't really forage in Vaalor but thats neat you put the time into that.

BigWorm
11-27-2007, 09:45 PM
link? or am i missing something? i looked on Nilandia's site...

Sthrockmorton
11-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Virilneus' website, Nilandia's hard work

http://www.virilneus.com/roomdata/room.php

Nilandia
11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
By the by, I also have data from the Ravelin, but there was no map for me to enter it into. If anyone has any questions, just ask.

Gretchen

BigWorm
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
added the data I found to Virilneus' website

nevermind, i just can't read