PDA

View Full Version : rusted and pitted vultite dagger

Bothra
11-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I found this dagger in a box and have been trying to figure out its properties and its value. I will provide as much information as I can:

l at dag
The product of years of neglect and abuse, the vultite dagger is covered with rust and degraded by countless uses. A faded black ribbon is wrapped around the pommel of the small weapon with barely legible words stitched into it with white thread.

The pitted vultite dagger is covered in a foul-smelling murky umber oil.

read dag
In the Common language, it reads:
Never in my life, have I known love.

insp dag

After a careful inspection you determine that a rusted and pitted vultite dagger requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively.

weigh dag
You carefully examine the pitted vultite dagger and determine that the weight is less than 2 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

So the dagger itself is 4x. The oil wasnt on the blade when I found it, it got there after the dagger flared while testing it out. The thing appears to flare poison every 5-10 hits. I dont have the log of how it flared, but in one case it knocked the creature down, in another it says the creatures skin begins to boil and rot (not verbatim).

When I tested it on myself it flared and hit me for poison of 40 pts per dissipating at 10 per round.

There is no way to open or close it or put the poison in like those daggers you can add poison to. When a bard sang to it he told me it was "locked" in that he couldnt extract anymore information from the item. When I touch the AI crystal it gives me the sign that it is 4x and has elemental flares. It does not appear to have any scripts.

So what do you guys think? Is this a permanent poison flaring weapon? Whats it worth? Any suggestions on how to figure anything else about the weapon?

Lucos
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Nice find

Sean of the Thread
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Pretty cool.

Jayvn
11-26-2007, 08:07 PM
pretty sure that's the same look that the poisons add to a weapon.. I'd have to dig up an old vial of poison though to see again.

swing it about a bajillion times and see if it wears off =/

Bothra
11-28-2007, 01:06 AM
I swung it a few more times (10 flares) and its still going. Im going to try it till it flares around 200 times since thats what I was told the poison vials flare. But that might have been 200 swings and not flares. We'll see.

ThatDamnTep
11-28-2007, 01:09 AM
It's 200 flares if it comes as poisoned out of the box. Of course maybe you got lucky and found a permanent version of Khal's poison weapons.

Bothra
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
What does it mean when a bard tells you an item is "locked" when they sing to it? Is there any way to unlock it?

Lucos
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
What does it mean when a bard tells you an item is "locked" when they sing to it? Is there any way to unlock it?

No idea. I've had items refuse to tell my bard certain stats, but another bard was able to get it. Have another bard sing to it. I can meet you on FWI or the Landing if you need another bard to sing to it.

Sthrockmorton
11-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Something tells me if it was vial added flares, it wouldn't be "locked"

TyrilPraedus
12-01-2007, 02:39 PM
any update on this?

Sean of the Thread
12-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I still think this is a cool find but what really is the point to poison flares?

Shouldn't anyone be killing anything in 1-2 hits or casts anyways?

dszabo
12-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I think hunting with high yield poison would be very safe - being able to bleed a critter like crazy from a 101 end roll in stance defensive. Sounds awfully healthy on the offensive end.

Halstein
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I still think this is a cool find but what really is the point to poison flares?

Shouldn't anyone be killing anything in 1-2 hits or casts anyways?

Useful for critters that turtle a lot.

Donquix
12-01-2007, 07:07 PM
if it's a strong poison....mstrike + go find more creature, come back and loot in 20 seconds

Halstein
12-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Fast mstrike too if its a dagger.

Bothra
12-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I still need to do some testing with it. I want to see if the poison stacks. I'm going to have someone swing at me to see what it is really doing. I think something like this will let you uphunt quite a bit under the right circumstances. The other thing about the flares is that it sometimes knocks creatures to the ground. I'll post here when I have done some more research.

Lysander
12-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Some GM lost his girlfriend.

fallenSaint
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I believe the HP draining poison does stack but with the higher dissipation its not entirely going to bleed much out. Its a great mstrike weapon or twc weapon for some disabling of a creature.

Bothra
12-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Here are some of the flares. Im quite convinced these poison flares are permanent:

You swing a rusted and pitted vultite dagger at a mongrel kobold!
AS: +10 vs DS: -29 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +78 = +139
... and hit for 9 points of damage!
Deft slash across chest draws blood!
The mongrel kobold takes a deep breath.

**A spray of a noxious toxin flies from your pitted vultite dagger bathing the mongrel kobold in a vile substance!**
Some murky oil drips from your dagger.

-----
AS: +16 vs DS: -30 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +40 = +108
... and hit for 2 points of damage!
Light slash to the mongrel kobold's abdomen!
Barely nicked.

**Drops of oily residue fly from your pitted vultite dagger, drenching the mongrel kobold!**
**The mongrel kobold claws at its eyes!**

-----
You swing a rusted and pitted vultite dagger at a pale crab!
AS: +31 vs DS: +1 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +80 = +135
... and hit for 14 points of damage!
Strike dents the pale crab's larynx.
Swallowing will be fun.

**Noxious liquid from your pitted vultite dagger showers the pale crab which falls to the floor and large, oozing blisters begin to form.**

------
AS: +16 vs DS: -5 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +70 = +113
... and hit for 3 points of damage!
Tap to the arm pricks some interest but not much else.

**A malodorous toxin spits from your pitted vultite dagger and slimes the face of the mongrel kobold!**
Roundtime: 9 sec.

So as you see it can sometimes knock em down or make em want to tear their eyes out.

Drew
12-12-2007, 02:52 AM
On the poison ebow the poison didn't stack and on the poison maul (FP auction item) the poison also didn't stack which would lead me to believe this doesn't either. Only thing I know that stacks poison is the ambushing poison knives.