PDA

View Full Version : NFL Picks Poll

Latrinsorm
11-21-2007, 10:06 AM
With regard to our pickem league.

Sean of the Thread
11-21-2007, 10:34 AM
*Oh what should we use for %.. I don't give a shit since % doesn't = winner. 1 point per win as per real rules. Nuff said. Game over. You can have whatever percentage you want if you pick 1 game a week if that floats your boat... has no effect on winning.

I think this discussion belongs in teh crack thread.

When I played this pick'em competition I expected to play PICK'EM RULES.

It's like playing chess but making up your own rules.

Latrinsorm
11-21-2007, 10:44 AM
It's like playing chess but making up your own rules.
I made a chess variant once. :(

Sean of the Thread
11-21-2007, 10:44 AM
:(

Celephais
11-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I made a chess variant once. :(
Bet it had nothing on 3D8 chess.
http://www.hixoxih.com/games/chess/images/3D8.jpg

Gan
11-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Thats just fucked up.

:(

Drew
11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
I play for fun, so if I miss a week I don't want to be out for the whole year. If there were some money or silvers on this it would be a different story. Last year I don't think anyone got every single week in.

Sean of the Thread
11-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I play for fun, so if I miss a week I don't want to be out for the whole year. If there were some money or silvers on this it would be a different story. Last year I don't think anyone got every single week in.

Rofl. We all play for fun.

You're already out with your late picks so why bother even voting.

RichardCranium
11-21-2007, 11:01 PM
I made all of the picks last year.

Apathy
11-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Why not just calculate both in your spreadsheet? o.0

Sean of the Thread
11-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Calculate all you want in my opinion.

The rules of pick'em are clear. The carebears can QQ

Drew
11-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Calculate all you want in my opinion.

The rules of pick'em are clear. The carebears can QQ

Good job on your win last year...

Sean of the Thread
11-22-2007, 02:17 AM
Rofl. You're a joke.

Drew
11-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Rofl. You're a joke.

The joke is you so desperate to beat me in the pick 'em you do "just for fun" that you will change your opinion based on the way you winning currently, when you benefited from it from last year.

I feel for you though, you do this for a living and evidentially can't beat a "football idiot" without whining for a rules change. Chin up son.

Sean of the Thread
11-22-2007, 07:22 AM
The joke is you so desperate to beat me in the pick 'em you do "just for fun" that you will change your opinion based on the way you winning currently, when you benefited from it from last year.

I feel for you though, you do this for a living and evidentially can't beat a "football idiot" without whining for a rules change. Chin up son.

ROFL

Latrinsorm
11-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Why not just calculate both in your spreadsheet? o.0I just may do that.
I made all of the picks last year.I don't have my laptop on me, but IIRC there were 4 people who made all the picks last year. I know Ardwen and I did, I'm leaning towards you and Eschaton for the other two. Sean2 had about 23 picks in, all told. :yes:
The rules of pick'em are clear.I looked around a bit as I started this thread and one fairly prevalent rule I found that was interesting worked as follows: All picks had to be in an hour before kickoff on the first day's games (usually Sunday). Hence, Sean2ing shouldn't be possible under "real" pick'em rules?

I think the current way we deal with MNF makes more sense, but I thought I'd throw it out there as long as we were examining DA RULES.

Sean of the Thread
11-22-2007, 10:56 AM
The rules or so very simple in the purest form.

NO LATE PICKS are to be counted. Every win counts for a point. Everything else is a zero. Welcome to pick'em pools 101.

If you want to define a deadline that's great. But define it.