PDA

View Full Version : Romantic areas around Ta'Illistim?

Hips
11-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Yes, this is a serious thread. :P

Anyway! Due to recent developments IG, I'm curious if anyone can suggest some romantic areas around Ta'Illistim and Ta'Vaalor. I'm mostly interested in "pretty" areas... similar to the Shore of Dreams and Niima's shrine (or whatever that place with the dolphins is) in the Landing.

Veythorne Manor and the rooftop garden of the Moonglae Inn have already been suggested and are exactly the sort of thing that I'm looking for. Plz help? :)

Katt
11-20-2007, 02:13 AM
The Hot Springs at Seethe Naedal (Sapphire Gate Map) is nice. =)

I also thing there are many pretty places in Cysaegir. Up in the trees and such...I believe there are a few waterfalls as well.

Anebriated
11-20-2007, 02:17 AM
My pants

Hips
11-20-2007, 02:21 AM
My pants

Too bad you don't play anymore :P

Elvenlady
11-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Can't log in while at work and I'm trying to think of the name of the damn place. I think it's called Sylvar Point or something like that, at the far end of Sylvar Way with views over the Wraithenmist. Only drawback is it tends to be one of the landing spots for Spirit Guide so none too private.

Fallen
11-20-2007, 08:22 AM
There are also the baths in Ta'Illistim. As others mentioned, Cysaegir is only a short distance away and beautifully written, along with being near to completely deserted. There is also the arboretum, which is quite pleasant. The Hamlet of Sylvarraend also has several nice locations, including a garden, and is also relatively quiet once you move off of the main path to and from most hunting grounds. Finally, it is always worth exploring each of the neighborhood areas in and around town, such as the Highpark estates. I believe both Highpark and Tyramia have several nice "park" areas.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-20-2007, 08:33 AM
What about the observatory thingie?

Also, what will you be wearing...

Gan
11-20-2007, 08:38 AM
And is there a place to hang your robe and wizard's hat?

Jayvn
11-20-2007, 10:22 AM
What about the observatory thingie?

Also, what will you be wearing...

I think clothing is optional

The Ponzzz
11-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Dhask's Laboratory or Wyneb.

TheEschaton
11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
There are also the baths in Ta'Illistim. As others mentioned, Cysaegir is only a short distance away and beautifully written, along with being near to completely deserted. There is also the arboretum, which is quite pleasant. The Hamlet of Sylvarraend also has several nice locations, including a garden, and is also relatively quiet once you move off of the main path to and from most hunting grounds. Finally, it is always worth exploring each of the neighborhood areas in and around town, such as the Highpark estates. I believe both Highpark and Tyramia have several nice "park" areas.

<cough>

The Arboretum can get a bit of traffic.

-TheE-

Sean of the Thread
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
You filthy souls disgust me.

Hips
11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Dhask's Laboratory or Wyneb.

They already spend a good portion of time in Wyneb. :P

Thank you to everyone else who made a serious suggestion, I'll have to go check the areas out.

Hips
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Is there a way to actually get INTO the garden in the Arboretum or can you only do that lame 250 silver three-room tour?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Who are you trying to sex up?

Rue
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Not to hi jack the thread or anything, but I noticed the. . . what will you be wearing question and wonder. . . Do um others actually have sexy personal clothing on their characters ? I notice a few garters for sale in the zillions but other then that . . . So Ladies? Wolves in gents clothing? How many actually of you find sexy wear for those 'special' moments IG?

Hips
11-20-2007, 12:10 PM
She's not trying to sex up anyone, she's looking for nice places to bring him. :P

Celephais
11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
She's not trying to sex up anyone, she's looking for nice places to bring him. :P
... You're aware that men are unaware of their surroundings, unless they're gay, then you're barking up the wrong tree anyway. As long as you're hot a guy would find the WL sewers "romantic".

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
yeah, take him to the Icemule brawling pub, and order some tart rum.

Fallen
11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
... You're aware that men are unaware of their surroundings, unless they're gay, then you're barking up the wrong tree anyway. As long as you're hot a guy would find the WL sewers "romantic".

There is that Niche just above the Nexus...Mmmm.

Hips
11-20-2007, 12:20 PM

Considering he brought her to Veythorne to see the glowbark tree and gardens and such, I disagree!

Celephais
11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Considering he brought her to Veythorne to see the glowbark tree and gardens and such, I disagree!
No no, that's just called trying to get in your pants. He didn't actually care about the glowbark tree.

Martaigne
11-20-2007, 12:25 PM

I beg to differ.

But Michiko is pretty hot. You know, for text.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-20-2007, 12:28 PM

This level of RP is why I could never get a golden kobold.

Skeeter
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Some chick took me to see the fairy circles close to the landing once. I remember thinking to myself, this is the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life.

Celephais
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I beg to differ.
So you're gay? What was that you said in the other thread about your metrosexual french handle?

Some Rogue
11-20-2007, 12:42 PM

He was thinking of a different kind of wood.

Hips
11-20-2007, 12:43 PM
If you people really have nothing positive to contribute, I politely ask that you GET THE FUCK OUT of my thread. Thanks.

Donquix
11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
I remove my robe and....
If you people really have nothing positive to contribute, I politely ask that you GET THE FUCK OUT of my thread. Thanks.

oh, nevermind.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Hey now... I mentioned the observatory for getting your freak on ;p

crazymage
11-20-2007, 01:21 PM
"Tell familiar to find Michiko"

Axhinde
11-20-2007, 01:28 PM

So Michi and Jaysehn must be getting pretty serious then?

Fallen
11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Jaysehn is one damn smooth criminal.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-20-2007, 01:37 PM
There's also the hot springs. It's not private by any means but it's out the Postern Gate of Ta'Illistim.

The Glowbark Tree is pretty much my favorite thing ever-- not just the way the room is described but the nice scripts in the room.

I've always thought the room with the Fountain is pretty but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, as it's a hub for the Dhe'nar and a few others and would be busy.

Also, I think the tops of the defense towers are really nice, probably more so in the night-time.

Axhinde
11-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Cavern of Dreams?

Hips
11-20-2007, 01:42 PM
There's also the hot springs. It's not private by any means but it's out the Postern Gate of Ta'Illistim.

The Glowbark Tree is pretty much my favorite thing ever-- not just the way the room is described but the nice scripts in the room.

I've always thought the room with the Fountain is pretty but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, as it's a hub for the Dhe'nar and a few others and would be busy.

Also, I think the tops of the defense towers are really nice, probably more so in the night-time.

I went and took a look at the hot springs and also the pine tree in that area, both are very nice. I doubt Michiko will be bringing him to the hot springs any time soon though, that's a little more forward than she wants to be at this point, lol.

What rooms are the defense towers in? Are they marked on Tsoran's map? I'll have to go check those out too.

Fallen
11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Her mention of the fountain reminded me that there is a second fountain in town, the dragon fountain, I believe, which is also very nice. You can actually GO FOUNTAIN and it will take you inside the fountain so you can splash around in the water. Very cool.

Hips
11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Can't log in while at work and I'm trying to think of the name of the damn place. I think it's called Sylvar Point or something like that, at the far end of Sylvar Way with views over the Wraithenmist. Only drawback is it tends to be one of the landing spots for Spirit Guide so none too private.

I went and looked and the room description is gorgeous, thank you so much for the suggestion! It will definitely be one of the places I use.

Fallen
11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
They wont allow just anyone into the Towers. I know my character is barred, and I have a feeling a human would be too.

They are the towers of Light, Darkness, Chaos, and Order.

Hips
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
They wont allow just anyone into the Towers. I know my character is barred, and I have a feeling a human would be too.

They are the towers of Light, Darkness, Chaos, and Order.

Ugh. I'm guessing going to the area as a half-sylvan with a human would be out then. Thanks for the names though, I might as well give it a try.

Martaigne
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
So you're gay? What was that you said in the other thread about your metrosexual french handle?

No. That's why I begged to differ. Leave my metrosexual French-ish handle out of it. :P

Michi, what about Sylvarraend? There's a rather nice place there, I think it's a shrine to Imaera.

Hips
11-20-2007, 02:00 PM
No. That's why I begged to differ. Leave my metrosexual French-ish handle out of it. :P

Michi, what about Sylvarraend? There's a rather nice place there, I think it's a shrine to Imaera.

What room on Tsoran's Sylvarraend map is it in? I went to check out the town earlier and couldn't find anything that I liked. :(

Edit: Wait, is it that room that says "Altar"? I tried going down the path there but there wasn't one in the room?! I dunno.

Some Rogue
11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
What room on Tsoran's Sylvarraend map is it in? I went to check out the town earlier and couldn't find anything that I liked. :(

Edit: Wait, is it that room that says "Altar"? I tried going down the path there but there wasn't one in the room?! I dunno.

I just found that a few weeks ago myself...spent so much time there and never knew about it. Search that room for a path.

Sean of the Thread
11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Bath house is might be good for a date that you could ruin with a nice fart or pee in the pool.

Anebriated
11-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Oo look bubbles! I didnt see any jets...

Some Rogue
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Bath house is might be good for a date that you could ruin with a nice fart or pee in the pool.

Unless the date was with you....then the peeing might be just what he was looking for.

Sean of the Thread
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Mmmmm I can smell the delicious odor now. Seems almost like yesterday that I dipped my hands into bleach and comet to remove the greasy slick.

TheEschaton
11-20-2007, 02:52 PM
The only time I have ever led anyone anywhere to show them anything, was for religious purposes on my main priest.

The rest of the time is, "oh yeah, there's some tree you might like, n nw n, ne go path, lol."

-TheE-

Asha
11-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Mularos' Shrine in Solhaven was always good for some strange.

Martaigne
11-20-2007, 03:18 PM

That's the one, as Some Rogue said, you have to search for the path to get in.

Also, right near the path to Sylvarraend is an awesome manor house that you can explore, with a very nice rose theme... until you get to the garden statue out back, anyway.

Meges
11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Here's a lovely garden...

[Ta'Illistim, Hanging Gardens]
Although the floating platform is suspended well above the ground below, it overflows with abundant plant life. The edges of the dais are brimming with delicate white queen's lace, dark lavender, fragrant rosemary and a variety of other colorful flora. Thick grass underfoot provides an enticingly peaceful resting spot. A thin silk canopy is suspended above, providing ample shade from the day's brightness. You also see a glaesine arch, a richly finished wooden bench with some stuff on it and a large faenor-chased barrel.
Obvious paths: out

Okay, seriously...

It's fairly private and has very little, if any, traffic, at least until now:

[Moonglae Inn, Rooftop Park]
A pleasant little park area has been constructed on the roof of the inn, high above the bustling city streets. A shallow, curbed planter in the center of the park is home to a thick, green lawn and a pleasant foresty odor rises from the dwarf pine trees growing in grey-blue granite planters spaced along its edge. Two benches have been positioned to look out over the low greystone wall to the south, offering a lovely view of the sapphire-tiled roof of the bank and the rest of the city beyond. You also see a sturdy oak trapdoor propped against the top of a ladder.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>ne
A low, greystone wall looks down on the formal gardens outside the public library, then east across the main business districts of central Ta'Illistim. A row of meticulously cared-for cherry trees lines the emerald lawn, their pink blossoms filling this end of the garden with delightful perfume. A pair of generously-cushioned benches offers a quiet place to rest and contemplate the vast cityscape in the quiet of this elevated retreat.
Obvious paths: southwest, northwest
>nw
Across the low greystone wall to the north, the city stretches for a great distance until it ends in the vast expanse of BriarStone Keep. A round bell tower, its dark lapis-tiled spire topped with a silver and sapphire pennant, marks the city limit. The air is filled with the delightful scent of roses that grow in large bushes planted along the north wall of the inn. Two benches covered with overstuffed eelskin cushions provide a wonderful spot from which to enjoy the pleasant aroma and view.
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest
>sw
Some clover blooms amidst the grass in the western section of the rooftop lawn, which is partially shaded by a row of flowering dogwoods growing in the large granite planters nearby. Across the city to the southwest, you see the immense rotunda of the Hall of Patrons, its twin white marble columns shining brightly in the sun. You also see a west-facing bench.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>se
[Moonglae Inn, Rooftop Park] (first room)
A pleasant little park area has been constructed on the roof of the inn, high above the bustling city streets. A shallow, curbed planter in the center of the park is home to a thick, green lawn and a pleasant foresty odor rises from the dwarf pine trees growing in grey-blue granite planters spaced along its edge. Two benches have been positioned to look out over the low greystone wall to the south, offering a lovely view of the sapphire-tiled roof of the bank and the rest of the city beyond. You also see a sturdy oak trapdoor propped against the top of a ladder.
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest

Benches to sit on etc...

Meges

Hips
11-20-2007, 03:38 PM
She already did the Moonglae rooftop thing last night, but I may use it again. :)

Fallen
11-20-2007, 04:29 PM
That's the one, as Some Rogue said, you have to search for the path to get in.

Also, right near the path to Sylvarraend is an awesome manor house that you can explore, with a very nice rose theme... until you get to the garden statue out back, anyway.

Heh. That area isn't exactly empty, it receives more traffic than you would think.

Shari
11-20-2007, 07:35 PM
DOFL @ whole thread.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-20-2007, 07:39 PM
DOFL @ whole thread.

What I want to know is if Jesae has "special bedroom RP clothes" she's holding out on Issi with during their "private moments"!!!!!

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME WOMAN?

Shari
11-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Pffft. Jesae doesn't wear special bedroom RP clothes for private moments!

Duh.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Pffft. Jesae doesn't wear special bedroom RP clothes for private moments!

Duh.

Except for the riding crop!

:whipit:

B4Hand
11-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Her mention of the fountain reminded me that there is a second fountain in town, the dragon fountain, I believe, which is also very nice. You can actually GO FOUNTAIN and it will take you inside the fountain so you can splash around in the water. Very cool.

Hey, how come Merji's never been shown these places?? Blah.

*mutters something about Evarin*

Fallen
11-20-2007, 08:44 PM
well DUH! It isn't a Super Node!!!

iJin
11-20-2007, 09:15 PM
There's a boulder at the end or near the end Sylv. road you can climb and see that stars and whatnot. Tis nice.

Nilandia
11-20-2007, 10:35 PM
I love the Niima Fountain in the High Park neighborhood, too. No room scripts, but it's very beautiful.

Gretchen