PDA

View Full Version : song of power

Outdrsyguy1
11-19-2007, 12:59 PM
At what train/spell level can you safely sing song of power? does it depend on how many other songs you are singing alsor or is failure just based on level/bard songs known? does is make a difference if you are on a node or out in the wilds?

LazyBard
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
At what train/spell level can you safely sing song of power? does it depend on how many other songs you are singing alsor or is failure just based on level/bard songs known? does is make a difference if you are on a node or out in the wilds?

I know when I had a bard # of songs was a large part of song failure. But even at 1.5x in bard spellsongs and 102 total bouns for EMC my bard still failed regularlly at close to 50 trains

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-19-2007, 01:59 PM
can't you just start it, then stop, and still get the effects until the next refresh?

Danical
11-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Use Lich's "manasong" script.

It's retarded awesome.

Kitsun
11-19-2007, 02:28 PM
can't you just start it, then stop, and still get the effects until the next refresh?

Nope. It will keep going for group members but it will stop for the bard.

The safest use is probably with lich that will start the song and stop it right before it refreshes, then sing it up again.

Using a manual method to keep it up/down takes the risk of walking into a mana node and blowing everyone to bits. Not fun.

Outdrsyguy1
11-19-2007, 02:47 PM
I know when I had a bard # of songs was a large part of song failure. But even at 1.5x in bard spellsongs and 102 total bouns for EMC my bard still failed regularlly at close to 50 trains

wow, that's lame. Thats pretty far into the game to not have the spell work fairly well imo.

so there's no risk on the initial cast? just on renews? and is the renew much harder on a node or was the comment about walking into a node and having it go off just based on unlucky/bad timing?

Danical
11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Using a manual method to keep it up/down takes the risk of walking into a mana node and blowing everyone to bits. Not fun.

I did this once . . . certainly not the best way to make friends. :(

Some Rogue
11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
wow, that's lame. Thats pretty far into the game to not have the spell work fairly well imo.

so there's no risk on the initial cast? just on renews? and is the renew much harder on a node or was the comment about walking into a node and having it go off just based on unlucky/bad timing?

That's not my experience with it at all. Level 53, 71 bardsongs and 24 ranks of emc. I only see it fail on the renew about one out of seven or eight times. And I don't know for sure, but it does seem harder on a node.

I did this once . . . certainly not the best way to make friends. :(

Yeah, I got to a table the other night and forgot to shut it off, went to hunt my other character and like a minute later I see the death message go off. Sitting there at saturated and I did that shit...I wasn't happy. But, it didn't hurt the other people at the table.

Danical
11-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Just letting it renew over and over will hit you.

If two bards are in the room then it can hit others because you CROSSED THE STREAMS!!!1

If you renew in a node may hit others too. I forget all the conditions and what happens.

Some Rogue
11-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I checked my log and it was the second renew at the table that popped my skull lol.

Lianon
11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I've used song of power on a node and you can renew it just fine. That's assuming there's not another bard there singing it.

Also, when two bards are in the same room singing it. I'm not sure if it blows on either of the bard's renew cycle or if it can randomly blow. Best bet is to stop singing it when you head to town.

Danical
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I've used song of power on a node and you can renew it just fine. That's assuming there's not another bard there singing it.

Also, when two bards are in the same room singing it. I'm not sure if it blows on either of the bard's renew cycle or if it can randomly blow. Best bet is to stop singing it when you head to town.

Sorry, I meant like a 418 created mana node.

Kyra231
11-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Always seemed random when it offed my bard, although usually it just gave him a rank 3 neck wound & massive blood loss.

~K.

Danical
11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
It's definitely not random.