PDA

View Full Version : Greame katana sash

Defeat
11-16-2007, 12:29 AM
In the market for one of those Greame katana sashes with the nice zests/scripts. Please send a PM my way with the description, scripts/zests if possible, any other important technical details, and the price you'd be willing to part with it.

Thanks in advance.

-Defeat/Naix

thefarmer
11-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Only really important technical details is:

Only usable with katanas, wakizashi and one other, dagger maybe.

They're also a BITCH to get altered. I had every merchant turn me down at EG this year.

If you can stand ugly, I think there's a sash in the playershops for 5m or so.

LordBacl
11-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Yep, it's in a landing shop. Not THAT ugly.

a silver-fringed moss-hued silk sash with long trailing ends - 5,000,000 silvers

http://www.playershops.com/Selandriel

LazyBard
11-16-2007, 11:57 AM
ummm yea it is that ugly

dszabo
11-16-2007, 02:45 PM
If it was any other word then MOSS. The image I get is a lighter green with silver edges, not that ugly...but yes, MOSS-hued is ugly.

Donquix
11-16-2007, 02:48 PM
I like moss-hued.

I like mossbark too, i must be part sloth.

Nilandia
11-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Only really important technical details is:

Only usable with katanas, wakizashi and one other, dagger maybe.

They're also a BITCH to get altered. I had every merchant turn me down at EG this year.

If you can stand ugly, I think there's a sash in the playershops for 5m or so.
A Greame sash will only hold a katana in one sheath, and either a wakizashi or tanto in the other. They have to be those specific items; even just being the same base isn't enough. I tried putting a dagger in my sash once and it didn't work. Got the exact dagger altered into a tanto, and now it works just fine.

I had no problem getting my sash altered. I took it around in 2005 during the free Ebon Gate and found a couple 'just one thing' merchants to get it to where I want it and none of them raised any qualms about altering them. What once was a bird-stitched fuchsia sash is now a twice-wrapped onyx silk sash and I'm very happy with it.

Gretchen

thefarmer
11-17-2007, 12:45 AM
A Greame sash will only hold a katana in one sheath, and either a wakizashi or tanto in the other. They have to be those specific items; even just being the same base isn't enough. I tried putting a dagger in my sash once and it didn't work. Got the exact dagger altered into a tanto, and now it works just fine.

I had no problem getting my sash altered. I took it around in 2005 during the free Ebon Gate and found a couple 'just one thing' merchants to get it to where I want it and none of them raised any qualms about altering them. What once was a bird-stitched fuchsia sash is now a twice-wrapped onyx silk sash and I'm very happy with it.

Gretchen

I hate you for getting it altered. No one wanted to work with mine at the last EG. Thankfully it's now someone else's problem, since it was a gift.

Nilandia
11-17-2007, 01:03 AM
I hate you for getting it altered. No one wanted to work with mine at the last EG. Thankfully it's now someone else's problem, since it was a gift.
Pfft. You're just jealous.

I can't help it if you didn't have the sense to give it to an Erithi. :D

Gretchen

Defeat
11-17-2007, 07:56 PM
What once was a bird-stitched fuchsia sash is now a twice-wrapped onyx silk sash and I'm very happy with it.

Gretchen

Found and purchased one of these myself. I hope to have as much luck as you with the alter.

-Naix

ThatDamnTep
11-18-2007, 01:05 AM
I never had any trouble having them altered, but I did have Thanthyl, the creator, do most of mine. They just have a few rules when it comes to altering them.

Defeat
11-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Has anyone tried getting them altered through alter scrolls? And what rules, other than the usual?

Warriorbird
11-18-2007, 09:04 AM
I got mine altered through a merchant. It had to stay a sash and I had to keep the scabbards long desc alters. My exterior was just a 15/15/15 short variant.

Defeat
11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I got mine altered through a merchant. It had to stay a sash and I had to keep the scabbards long desc alters. My exterior was just a 15/15/15 short variant.

Ah alright. Ill go ahead and give that a try through the scrolls first. Thanks a ton.

-Naix

ThatDamnTep
11-18-2007, 03:34 PM
They don't always have to stay a sash, depending on who does them. I have one, for instance, that is a harness. The rule about the scabbards is dead on though. The tricky part comes with shows as the show has to stay relatively static.

thefarmer
11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Anyone care to share what they altered theirs into?

Nilandia
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
They don't always have to stay a sash, depending on who does them. I have one, for instance, that is a harness. The rule about the scabbards is dead on though. The tricky part comes with shows as the show has to stay relatively static.
Not so sure on that one, Tep. Greame also released harnesses with the same scripts. Are you sure you altered a sash into a harness?

Gretchen

ThatDamnTep
11-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Positive. I originally had six sashes and none of the harnesses.

I know because I was turned down a hojillion times until Thanthyl actually did it for me. And even with him I had to go back and forth until everything was made clear about what I could work with and what I couldn't. Unfortunately Thanthyl seems to be gone and I don't have any logs left to go through to show what was changed.

Warriorbird
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I have

a layered soot grey silk sash

You see a layered soot grey silk sash made of fine silk and decorated with masterful skill. Wound securely within lengths of the sash and positioned to be worn on the left hip, you see two fine scabbards set together. The first, a lacquered white oak scabbard inlaid with moss agate angels, is set slightly forward and lower than the second, a polished red oak scabbard inset with silver-edged malachite sickles. Both are angled for a quick draw in combat.

::

The scabbards are the aforementioned:

a lacquered white oak scabbard inlaid with moss agate angels

and

a polished red oak scabbard inset with silver-edged malachite sickles

::

Thanthyl didn't do this..so it's more representative of a diff GM altering them.

Nilandia
11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Hrm. I may have to get the scabbards on mine altered, too. Black and gold doesn't go with every outfit I have for my girl. :D

Gretchen