PDA

View Full Version : Missing link

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Hey it's REALLY interesting.

What's your opinion about the missing link?

I won't post any of my idea or anything because I really want to hear opinions before talking about mine.

Drew2
12-07-2003, 05:21 PM
I'm sure it would be even more VASTLY interesting if I knew what you were talking about. There's a missing link in a lot of things. Between your brain and your fingers, for example.

GSLeloo
12-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Missing link in... evolution?

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 05:24 PM
Ehh, sorry again!

in french it's called "le chaînon manquant" and it's always about... ah no, you're right, it's not always in relation with what i had in mind

Yeah, about evolution

[Edited on 7-12-03 by Xcalibur]

Wezas
12-07-2003, 05:25 PM
X, off topic, you bugging someone? I see your AIM Warning is 30%

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

off topic, yeah, everytime i see ladykniquee on one of any of my sn, I tell her a crap to trap her into talking to me (man, she wish me cancer, she is so evil)

Since you forced me into becoming off topic, i'll post a picture to remain on it

Latrinsorm
12-07-2003, 05:39 PM
You'll have to elaborate a bit more than "evolution". If you mean, "do Yeti exist" or "Bigfoot = human/ape", then I'd say no.

GSLeloo
12-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Perhaps he means in the chain of human evolution.. where we are missing a species in our own past.

Ravenstorm
12-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Every year we learn more. It'll come in time.

Raven

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Monkey --> Australopitheque.. (monkey of south africa) -5 million to - 1,2. It's a walking monkey, not homo (no gay allusion please)

Orrorin Tugenesis
-6m to ???

???????????

Homo habilis (tool man, hehe)
-2,6 to -1,5

Homo erectus (raising man)
-2 to -100,000 (leaves africa)

homo sapiens "archaique" (ancient?)
-400,000 to -100,000?

homo sapiens neanderthalensis
-180,000 to -35000

homo sapiens sapiens
-100,000 to today

in -35,000 sapiens sapiens meet the neandertal man

-35000 to -10000, sapiens sapiens enter Europe and Neandertal men vanish

Zeyrin
12-07-2003, 06:23 PM
If I were a paleontologist I would give a shit. Since I'm not, who gives a shit?

Either way, there's evidence that a missing link did exsist and there's enough theory that they did not exsist. Until something concrete comes out, I don't give a shit. There's too many other things to worry about.

hehe

Carl Spackler
12-07-2003, 07:08 PM
live in the now, who gives a shit what happened back then...they obviously did something right, because we're still here

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 07:23 PM
So in the end, it's simply who is before the homo habilis?

monkey -> ? -> habilis
? -> habilis

And to those that don't give a shit, please, oh please, take that shit into a toilette and just flush it, as almost everyone do anyway

Latrinsorm
12-07-2003, 09:20 PM
So what you're asking is: do we believe that there is a gap in the fossil record? And I think the answer is a pretty obvoius yes. Can you explain why you think this is REALLY interesting?

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Ahahah, you're just assuming i did ask that, I put an interrogation mark at my "So in the end, it's simply who is before the homo habilis?"

There's so many theories I saw, just want to learn, being curious is that, you know

Kniquee
12-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

Originally posted by Wezas

off topic, yeah, everytime i see ladykniquee on one of any of my sn, I tell her a crap to trap her into talking to me (man, she wish me cancer, she is so evil)

It's good to see that you can admit publicly that you've been harassing me. Now do us both a favor, and kindly remove me from all your numerous anonamous AIM lists.

SpunGirl
12-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Anonamous?

Anyway.

I read this book once called "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life." It was a really weird book, but the guy who wrote it had this whole theory on the missing link.

He says there's this planet in some galaxy or another that's like ours, but the beings on the planet are far far advanced from homo sapiens. They had atmospheric problems like we have, and they figured out that they could "patch" the hole in their atmosphere by suspending gold particles in the air.

Trouble was that their planet had no gold left, so they waited until they came into conjuction with the Earth (which happens every 3000 years or something) and sent a bunch of their people to Earth to mine the gold from South Africa.

The people they sent down revolted, because apparently they didn't like mining. So the superior race cross-bred humans with the local monkeys to create a slave race of gold miners. Once they got their gold, they abandoned humans and left them to their own devices.

Thus ends the mystery of the missing link.

I think it's a load of horseshit, but it certainly was interesting to read about.

-K

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 11:09 PM
I've been? go check the definition of harassing...

AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LEAVING.

Go act as if you were a hot girl with your fake life, and wish me and my family cancer as you did often. And pretend I'm calling you without being able to notice my accent and being able to retrace me, you dumb klaive's tool.

Kniquee
12-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
I've been? go check the definition of harassing...

AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LEAVING.

Go act as if you were a hot girl with your fake life, and wish me and my family cancer as you did often. And pretend I'm calling you without being able to notice my accent and being able to retrace me, you dumb klaive's tool.

If you're NOT harassing me, then what did you just admit to? Continuing to IM someone with multiple AIM names, when you know it's unwanted is harassment. So I'm going to ask you one more time... please stop.

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Multiple? you have to be kidding me, you miserable pathetic liar fake mom. Return pretending to be hot celebrity elsewhere.

I imed you with my main one. one time. This is going nowhere and you are again trying to become a victim and it won't works. (Amusing pattern, by the way, examine her defense and her... victimisation. Go on klaive's forum and examine her agressives comments about me, about how she COULD own me easily. that is a really interesting behavior called manipulation, pure and simple)

End of discussion, go make a topic about it, stop hurting my intellectual topic.

[Edited on 8-12-03 by Xcalibur]

Weedmage Princess
12-07-2003, 11:23 PM
:::sighs::: Kniquee, X..look guys..can you please take it to U2U, IMs, the FBI (if needed..heh)..or anywhere else? Not trying to be an ass (for once) but this stuff really isn't our business, yanno? Thanks :)

Zeyrin
12-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Ok, I know this is off topic, well maybe I can fit it all in. Anywho, either your grasp of the english language is totally off or you are just a bold face liar.

You admitted you were herassing Kniquee and now you're changing your tune. It's obvious that there is a missing link....or can your pre-neanderthalic brain comprehend that you just told a bold face lie.

Kniquee, you got it written in stone that he's been herassing you. I don't think you made it up.

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Or either, who knows?

You cannot believe someone that is pretending to be a mom of a disable (criple, i don't remember) child and yet wishes cancer to anyone she doesn't like or imagining a HUGE conspiration made from someone with 0 knownledge of computers

If you need documentation, read the topic called I will be leaving pc now (or something close to it)

End of discussion about this, ok? create a thread for that if it matters to you.

SpunGirl
12-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Jesus Christ both of you just shut the fuck up.

Yell at each other about it in IM or something, but I personally could not give half a shit whether the two of you sit at home and eat Ho-Hos or tear each other to pieces in the next five minutes.

-K

GSLeloo
12-07-2003, 11:35 PM
lol Spungirl the Ho-Hos were a good touch... but I've never had one so I don't really know what they are.

SpunGirl
12-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Ask Lady Voldemort.

-K

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by SpunGirl]

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

Yell at each other about it in IM or something, but I personally could not give half a shit whether the two of you sit at home and eat Ho-Hos or tear each other to pieces in the next five minutes.

-K

lies, you speak about it, you care

kniquee's psycho behavior is proven there
http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=1928

Thanks, now to continue on the topic, i saw a good comic movie that made me think about it..

Ice age, somee funny wink of an eye about evolution

Halfsilver
12-07-2003, 11:39 PM

-K

You should take your own advice, K.

You have a lot of nerve insinuating what you do. LOL.

Fucking idiot.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Halfsilver]

SpunGirl
12-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Telling someone to shut the fuck up is hardly an insinuation.

-K

Zeyrin
12-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Telling someone to shut the fuck up is hardly an insinuation.

-K

It's an insinuation to a missing link. :lol:

Halfsilver
12-07-2003, 11:58 PM
Here let me quote you, because you are apparantly are too fucking dense to realize what I'm saying.

Ask Lady Voldemort.

-K

that's in reference to the cunning and witty 'ho ho' comment.

your sig is another insinuation, I'm sure.

understand now? let me know so I can put it in big letters for you or something

-D

SpunGirl
12-07-2003, 11:58 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

-K

SpunGirl
12-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Here let me quote you, because you are apparantly are too fucking dense to realize what I'm saying.

Ask Lady Voldemort.

-K

that's in reference to the cunning and witty 'ho ho' comment.

your sig is another insinuation, I'm sure.

understand now? let me know so I can put it in big letters for you or something

-D

Considering that's not what you quoted when you made reference to my "insinuation," I can't comment. Nice attempt, though.

-K

Halfsilver
12-08-2003, 12:00 AM
ok.

Here.

Untill your fat-ass loses weight, shut your god damned pie hole.

thanks,

D :grin:

SpunGirl
12-08-2003, 12:04 AM
P.S. If you see a reflection of you or someone you know in my sig, I'm gonna say that sounds like a personal problem to me.

-K

Halfsilver
12-08-2003, 12:05 AM
I knew you'd say that.

:)

Latrinsorm
12-08-2003, 02:41 AM
Anonamous?

Anyway.

I read this book once called "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life." It was a really weird book, but the guy who wrote it had this whole theory on the missing link.

He says there's this planet in some galaxy or another that's like ours, but the beings on the planet are far far advanced from homo sapiens. They had atmospheric problems like we have, and they figured out that they could "patch" the hole in their atmosphere by suspending gold particles in the air.

Trouble was that their planet had no gold left, so they waited until they came into conjuction with the Earth (which happens every 3000 years or something) and sent a bunch of their people to Earth to mine the gold from South Africa.

The people they sent down revolted, because apparently they didn't like mining. So the superior race cross-bred humans with the local monkeys to create a slave race of gold miners. Once they got their gold, they abandoned humans and left them to their own devices.

Thus ends the mystery of the missing link.

I think it's a load of horseshit, but it certainly was interesting to read about.

-K

You know what's funny? This is the intellectual high point of the thread. Suspending gold atoms in the air and crossbreeding monkeys with humans. :thumbsup:

SpunGirl
12-08-2003, 03:01 AM
You're right, Latrinsorm, that WAS the high point.

I'm glad you took the time to actually read it, because some people were more concerned with a) being harassed/harassing or b) the perceived ho-ho consumption of their girlfriend.

Having said that, I'm not making any bets on X's theories of the missing link being any more probable than the one I read about.

-K