PDA

View Full Version : White Ora Katana, White Ora Wakizashi, Greame Sash

Spendel
11-13-2007, 11:35 AM
It is with much reluctance that I now put this up for sale. This has been my prized weapon/item for a few years, and I have been proud to own and use it. It was the reason I converted from a warrior to a paladin. Why I'm a katana freak, anyway. Looking for a good home for this weapon. I will sell this via auction, however I reserve the right to refuse the top bid. I want a good home for this, not a good bank account.

The history of this weapon:

Historically, this is the *first* *true* katana in the realms. I won this in a raffle when the Erithian merchants came to landing years ago. Not only was it the first, but it is also one of the few true sancted katana.

Significance not only in historical terms, but in spiritual terms.

The Wakizashi was also raffled off in the event. I was eventually able to pry it from the winners hands 2 years later.

a silver-traced white-ora katana, which is in your right hand.

From every angle this blade appears to be an outstanding piece of work. The long blade has been tempered to a lustrous white finish. The silver veins add to the illusion of the blade simply flowing out from the hilt. The guard has been made from silver mixed with faint outlines of brass along the edges. The hilt has been wrapped in leather, and the end has been capped with a piece of hammered bronze etched with a slit-eyed pupil. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

a silver-hilted pure white ora wakizashi, which is in your left hand.

The silver hilt of the slender sword has been wrought in the form of a stooping falcon, and the outstretched wings fan forward to protect the wielder's hand. A strip of blood red leather stitched with black Erithian runes wraps around the grip. The blade itself is razor-sharp, perfectly white in hue, and totally devoid of all ornamentation.
There appears to be something written on it.

In the Common language, it reads:
Destiny's Reassertation

You see an ornate white sash made of fine silk and decorated with masterful skill. Wound securely within lengths of the sash and positioned to be worn on the left hip, you see two fine scabbards set together. The first, a richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard, is set slightly forward and lower than the second, a gold-inlaid dark lacquered scabbard. Both are angled for a quick draw in combat.

With deliberate poise, you draw the white-ora katana from your richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard, bringing it up gripped in both hands into a ready position.

With a fluid movement, you slide your katana into the richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard with a barely audible *snick!*

With a nearly imperceptible movement, you neatly draw your pure white ora wakizashi from the gold-inlaid dark lacquered scabbard and bring it to a ready position.

With a flick of the wrist, you spin your wakizashi around and smoothly slide it into the smaller gold-inlaid dark lacquered scabbard.

>rub sash
You run your fingers along the white sash, enjoying the texture of your richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard and gold-inlaid dark lacquered scabbard beneath your fingers.

>tilt sash
You pause for a moment to tilt your richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard back and forth, watching the light play off it.

>pull sash
You tug a bit on your richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard, pulling it forward until you're comfortable with its position.

>push sash
You push your gold-inlaid dark lacquered scabbard back a little, adjusting your white sash in the process.

>turn sash
You adjust the white sash, moving your richly engraved dark lacquered scabbard and gold-inlaid dark lacquered scabbard until they sit just right.

MB: 45m or OBO
Coins or silver accepted

Spendel
mail: spendel at) gmail.com
AIM: LRDSPENDEL

Gan
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Pretty cool.

Definately a great trio of items to build an RP around.

LordBacl
11-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, that's hot.

Warriorbird
11-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Good luck.

Summertime
11-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Those are a pair of amazing blades... and I can honestly say I despise my utter poorness that prevents me buying them *lol*

Spendel
11-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Those are a pair of amazing blades... and I can honestly say I despise my utter poorness that prevents me buying them *lol*

Cash or coins accepted ;)

Rinualdo
11-13-2007, 10:55 PM
There has been a 5x Eonake Katana in the lands for about a dozen years now.

Stretch
11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
55m? Are you on crack?

Bobmuhthol
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
There has been a 5x Eonake Katana in the lands for about a dozen years now.

Except the first set of newstyle katanas (converted or otherwise) was raffled off, the katana in question included. It might have been called a katana, but it wasn't for a dozen years.

That katana was also part of history because it was the one we tested for the DF table.

Rinualdo
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't recall the original base on the Eonake one, I sold it to Aanalar years ago, but the white ora one isn't "the only true sancted katana"

Stunseed
11-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Technically, I owned the first true katana, as Balouga raffled it off before their full release. :) It got sold quickly, however to someone else, whom I don't remember.

thefarmer
11-13-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't recall the original base on the Eonake one, I sold it to Aanalar years ago, but the white ora one isn't "the only true sancted katana"

If you can't recall the original base, then it's not a true katana.

It's an altered weapon.

Rinualdo
11-13-2007, 11:16 PM
I said I don't recall the original base as I wasn't present at whatever merchant/event the katana was introduced into the game- when I owned it, it was already converted into true katana base, which was about a dozen years ago.

Bobmuhthol
11-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Katanas have been around for less than 7 years.

Rinualdo
11-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm looking for some old logs that should show the avd.

Androidpk
11-13-2007, 11:31 PM
A katana from a dozen years ago is just a falchion that's named differently. Great set of blades you have there, historical value aside though I don't see anyone forking out 55 million for them. I could be wrong though, and probably am :)

Lysander
11-14-2007, 12:21 AM
If they were both 4x or 5x I can see it going for that amount.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
11-14-2007, 01:07 PM
For those of you who can't appreciate historic importance, or sentimental value, look away from threads like these and any auction sorrow, or the other seven dozen legendary weapons that fail to be all that special mechanically. The value on these blades factors in such things, aswell as the ridiculous rarity involved, on TOP of mechanics. If +10 more to your AS means the difference between paying for this set, or not, you aren't the owner he's looking for either way.

Warriorbird
11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I've made money on my raffle katana every time I've sold it.

Donquix
11-14-2007, 01:27 PM
For those of you who can't appreciate historic importance, or sentimental value, look away from threads like these and any auction sorrow, or the other seven dozen legendary weapons that fail to be all that special mechanically. The value on these blades factors in such things, aswell as the ridiculous rarity involved, on TOP of mechanics. If +10 more to your AS means the difference between paying for this set, or not, you aren't the owner he's looking for either way.

I don't think people were asking him to lower the price to the i dunno...1-2m a 2x sancted katana and 2x sancted short sword are worth.

But rather, commenting that while the history and nature of the weapon ARE indeed worth something, they likely aren't worth 54m.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
As the current owner of Sorrow, I'd also say that it's a little different than "fail to be all that special mechanically". The passive scripts and ability to cast a half dozen spells seem a little more rare than a sanctified weapon.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time
11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, I wasn't knocking on Sorrow, mind you. I was simply saying, if everyone looked at the straight mechanics of it, there are other preferable weapons out there. People appreciate the history, and roleplay value of Sorrow, though. Something they're so quickly able to dispatch when an item of lesser, but still great magnitude comes along.

Warriorbird
11-14-2007, 07:34 PM
The steel weapons and the pure coraesine combine fun and function the best.

Sthrockmorton
11-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I want a coraesine OHE :cry:

Spendel
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
bump. Still for sale.

Spendel
11-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Additional information added to ad.

Spendel
11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Price reduced to 45m.