PDA

View Full Version : Official: Zul Logoth's Cavern Get More Colorful

CrystalTears
11-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Zul Logoth's Cavern Get More Colorful · on 11/11/2007 8:49:45 PM

Newcomers to are often not accustomed to the beautiful stone and metal structures set within the breathtakingly beautiful underground scenery that is Zul Logoth. In an effort to promote the fabulous Grevnek culture, a giant, multicolor mushroom has been constructed within the Crystalline Cavern at the nexus of the city. Within the enormous fungus, interested parties can find a lovely variety of cavernous-inspired dyes to add a splash of color to their drab belongings. Stop by soon and try it out. You'll dye for it!

Brought to you by the Zul Logoth Tourism Board.

This message was originally posted in Towns, Announcements. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=1&message=112 (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=1&message=112)

GuildRat
11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Grand, a dyer that .01% of the population will ever see.

FinisWolf
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Or use for that matter. With how easy it is to get an alter, why bother with dye tents at all?

Finis

CrystalTears
11-12-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm still waiting to find that easy to find alterer. :D

thefarmer
11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Just pay 2mil for an alterer scroll.

CrystalTears
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
He said easy! :(

FinisWolf
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I have had so many alters it's ridiculous. I guess it is simply a matter of priorities.

I happened upon my first alterer, and turned it down because of the 250K fee my first week of playing GS, and he was even in Mule! Like alterers in Mule ever happen. Guess he saw I was new or something because he just gave me the alter.

After discovering what an alterer was, I watched the GS calender faithfully, and went everywhere they said they were going to be. In my first two months of playing standard I had received 13 alters. This fad lasted for about 4 months until I got tired of it.

I went premium during that time and started hunting the premie alterers too. By my fourth month I had received a total of 29 alters in my first four months of play.

Next was events, and I averaged at least 12 alters every event (not including services or raffle won items). The last event I actually tried for alters was the first run of the WD where I got one of the staterooms. That one run, I ended up with over 40 alters (10 included in the stateroom) / services / and raffles won.

Since the WD I don't even try to discover alterers. Finiswolf and Filswolf are completely covered in alters head to toe, and I had managed to get about 8 of my other chars totally decked out as well.

Now alters are boring. Now, events with god auction level items, or events with nice story lines are my vice. The 06 EG was good for my last god auction items, and the Dhu and WD had the best story lines. Those two types of things are the things I am interested in now.

Finis

The Ponzzz
11-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Some nice colors though. Just looked over all of em.

Celephais
11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Some nice colors though. Just looked over all of em.
... why wouldn't you post them? That's just selfish.

diethx
11-12-2007, 05:15 PM
... why wouldn't you post them? That's just selfish.

Yes, please post them :)

The Ponzzz
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Give me a moment or three, I'll look in my log...

The Ponzzz
11-12-2007, 05:32 PM
[Zul Logoth, Crystalline Cavern]
The stone avenues give way to a mixture of humus and dirt. Narrow, well-trod lanes wind among gigantic toadstools and spreading mushrooms. Boulders and decaying logs, seemingly placed at random among the dense growth, provide places for lichens, mosses and fungal growth to grow abundantly. A moist coolness pervades the area, and the reflected light from the crystalline dome is filtered and muted by the many varieties of non-luminescent toadstools that tower overhead. You also see an engraved invar sign, a squalid canvas pavilion and a giant multicolored mushroom.
Obvious exits: north, east, south, west

You take a few steps towards a spreading mushroom.

[Multicolor Mushroom, Tunnel]
Light from the outer caverns filters through the translucent mushroom cap, playing off bits of crystal that have been suspended from the ceiling. The surroundings are quite drab in comparison to the exterior, though a hint of color can be glimpsed further down a steep tunnel.
Obvious exits: down, out

[Multicolor Mushroom, Chamber]
Rising nearly to the ceiling, stacks of empty crates and boxes create makeshift columns around the chamber. A riot of color coats the stone floor like a melted rainbow. The variegated ground continues throughout the encircling tunnels. You also see a brightly polished invar table with some stuff on it and a small cavern with a hand-painted sign mounted over the opening.
Obvious exits: north, east, south, west, up

On the polished invar table you see a stein of dark cavern ale and some crispy mushroom stems.

Chaotically splattered across the walls, various colored dyes have dripped down the stone, intermingling with one another to a uniform brown near the floor. A few swathes of canvas are piled in a corner, the remnants of a futile attempt at cleanup. You also see an overturned crate with some stuff on it, a metal shelf with some stuff on it and an iron table with some stuff on it.
Obvious exits: southeast, south, southwest

On the overturned crate you see a dingy orange vial of dye, a shiny gold vial of dye, a copper green vial of dye, a turquoise blue vial of dye and a murky purple vial of dye.

On the metal shelf you see an obsidian black vial of dye, an alabaster white vial of dye, an umber vial of dye, a dust grey vial of dye and a garnet red vial of dye.

On the iron table you see a lichen orange vial of dye, a mica gold vial of dye, a chrysoprase green vial of dye, a lapis blue vial of dye and an iridescent purple vial of dye.

A messy splash of orange and yellow adorns the low ceiling, while splotches of dark green and burgundy cover the walls. Scratches and scrapes mar the colored stone, the result of efforts to remove the dye. The faint odor of ale hangs pleasantly in the air. You also see an overturned crate with some stuff on it, a stone counter with some stuff on it and a metal shelf with some stuff on it.
Obvious exits: southwest, west, northwest

On the overturned crate you see a soot black vial of dye, a bone white vial of dye, a dirt brown vial of dye, a slate grey vial of dye and a lava red vial of dye.

On the metal shelf you see a coal black vial of dye, a chalk white vial of dye, an ale brown vial of dye, a steel grey vial of dye and a rust red vial of dye.

On the stone counter you see an ochre vial of dye, a canary yellow vial of dye, a moss green vial of dye, an eostone blue vial of dye and a pale purple vial of dye.

Streaks of color run across the walls, and some droplets of dye have even stained the tiny resident fungus living here. Several empty boxes balance precariously on a wobbly, three-legged stool. You also see an overturned crate with some stuff on it, an iron table with some stuff on it and a metal shelf with some stuff on it.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, northwest

On the overturned crate you see an onyx black vial of dye, an argent vial of dye, a coppery vial of dye, a leaden grey vial of dye and a ruby red vial of dye.

On the iron table you see an amber vial of dye, a dark gold vial of dye, an emerald green vial of dye, a slate blue vial of dye and an indigo vial of dye.

On the metal shelf you see a burnt orange vial of dye, a citrine yellow vial of dye, a slime green vial of dye, a sapphire blue vial of dye and a perse vial of dye.

Relatively drab in relation to the adjacent tunnels, this area has been fortunate in not suffering as many dyeing mishaps. A single giant luminescent toadstool lights the way for customers, shedding ample light to view the different characteristics in the available colors. You also see a stone counter with some stuff on it, an iron table with some stuff on it and a metal shelf with some stuff on it.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southeast

On the stone counter you see a jacinth vial of dye, a dark yellow vial of dye, a peridot green vial of dye, a cobalt blue vial of dye and a mauve vial of dye.

On the iron table you see a shadowy black vial of dye, a dark silver vial of dye, a sepia vial of dye, a pewter grey vial of dye and a cinnabar red vial of dye.

On the metal shelf you see an inky black vial of dye, an opaline white vial of dye, a bronze vial of dye, a pearl grey vial of dye and a brick red vial of dye.

A sales clerk, looking clearly annoyed, steps over to you and frowns. "Here, give me that! This is a shadowy black vial of dye. Any fool knows it's worth 5000 silvers. "You can BUY the black vial of dye or not," a sales clerk adds, "I don't much care either way."

[Multicolor Mushroom, Chamber]
Rising nearly to the ceiling, stacks of empty crates and boxes create makeshift columns around the chamber. A riot of color coats the stone floor like a melted rainbow. The variegated ground continues throughout the encircling tunnels. You also see a brightly polished invar table with some stuff on it and a small cavern with a hand-painted sign mounted over the opening.
Obvious exits: north, east, south, west, up

[Multicolor Mushroom, Alcove]
Splotches of bright color stain the surrounding stone from floor to ceiling with only a few uncovered areas offering a glimpse of the natural grey hue. A variety of notices have been placed around the alcove, most notably a stone plaque and a big hand-painted sign. Hanging off the back of a chair is a dye-covered apron with dirty gloves shoved in its pockets. You also see a dye-stained stone counter with a hastily scrawled notice on it.
Obvious exits: out

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 06:06 PM
The last event I actually tried for alters was the first run of the WD where I got one of the staterooms. Yeah guys just pay $160 and alters grow on trees!!!

I use the dyer.

diethx
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Lord Nelek
11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
a lot of those look like gem colors.

Is it possible to make a sapphire blue blue sapphire?

Fallen
11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I am thinking it would become a sapphire blue sapphire.

Stanley Burrell
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
THE COLORS, DUKE, THE COLORS!

Stanley Burrell
11-12-2007, 08:07 PM
a lot of those look like gem colors.

Is it possible to make a sapphire blue blue sapphire?

Only if it's not a gem or you're visiting the dyer's tent eight years ago.

FinisWolf
11-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah guys just pay $160 and alters grow on trees!!!

I use the dyer.

Boomers went standard on that run and got over 30 alters as I understand it, did better then me in stateroom ($200 or $250 BTW). And in my opinion, yes, alterers do grow on trees, they are damn near just as easy to get to as the dyer.

Finis

Latrinsorm
11-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Alright, let's have a race. I'll try and get my character to a dyer and you try and get your character to an alterer. I'll post again with my time.

Latrinsorm
11-13-2007, 10:56 AM
>d
[Reignbeau Caverns]

30 seconds! Ok, your turn.

FinisWolf
11-13-2007, 10:57 AM
lol

Look at the calander, go to the posted merchant. Simple & Easy.

Finis

Latrinsorm
11-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Easy? Yes. Easy or as attainable as a dyer? No, and as this exercise has shown, not close.

The Ponzzz
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
>d
[Reignbeau Caverns]

30 seconds! Ok, your turn.

You better have been coming from Solhaven with that time...

Latrinsorm
11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
28 seconds of that was waiting for PsiNet to load. :(

The Ponzzz
11-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Hahaha, ok. That works for me!