PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Infusion

Khaitiff
12-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Ok everyone spill the beans about this....I'm to lazy to find out for myself hehe. Come on!

Syberus
12-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Alright things you need...

A brush. Such as this (a delicate fel rune brush)

A runestone. You can either use the runestones for sale in the various towns that run about 13k a piece, or you can use smooth stones.

Ink. Such as this (a small glaes vial of rune ink)

The ink and brush are available in the Carnavasary in the landing, and various alchemist shops in other towns. The runestones are available there as well, while smooth stones are in the back rook of the General Store in the Landing.

Draw your rune on your runestone. RUNE COMMON gives you a list of runes for use. quiss'fyn is the best for unlocking the highest level spells for the most charges. odeir'cos lets you see what spells are unlocked, how many charges the spell has, and how many you can add.

Scrolls MUST be unused for them to be unlocked.

Draw your rune on your runestone...

DIP BRUSH IN INK to cover the tip in ink, then DRAW (rune name) on my (runestone) with my brush

Take your scroll in one hand and your runestone in the other. WAVE (runestone) AT SCROLL

If you are successful (the scroll is unused and you unlock a scroll) it will look like this:
You wave your stone at a torn scroll.
The smooth stone vibrates and beings to glow. You sense that the scroll has somehow been altered.

Do this for every spell on the scroll

Then after they're unlocked you prep 714, cast scroll and then INFUSE MY SCROLL. It will look like this:
As you infuse your mana into the torn scroll it glows dimly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Do that a bunch of times (it can be mana intensive depending on spells on the scroll) until you get something like....

You strain to infuse your mana into the torn scroll, but fail.

That means a few things:
1. The scroll is full
2. The scroll is ALMOST full and continuing is a good way to lock it so you can never infuse it again

Either way it's a good idea to stop when you get that messaging.

Then, wave your odeir'cos rune at the scroll, and you should get something that looks like this:
You wave your stone at a torn scroll.
As the stone passes over the scroll, you sense:
(318) Life Restoration with many charges remaining and the potential to add a number of charges.
(303) Prayer of Protection with very many charges remaining and the potential to add no charges.
(214) Bind with many charges remaining and the potential to add a few charges.

If you get a white aura while trying to infuse your scroll, it means you locked it. Once a scroll is locked, it cannot be infused any more. Scrolls must also be FRESH to unlock them. Once a spell is unlocked and charged, it is possible for a Sorcerer to just prep 714, cast scroll, infuse scroll. Without a runestone to recharge a scroll that is already been infused successfully in the past. I think that's about it..

Syb

theotherjohn
12-06-2003, 07:57 PM
do you get exp for infusing scrolls?

Syberus
12-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Don't think so. I don't have any in my head and I've been doing it for about an hour for free west of the bank.

Khaitiff
12-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Excellent, Thanks Syberus.

MPSorc
12-25-2003, 03:56 AM
Ok, got the how to do it part thanks to Syberus. Anyone know how to learn the runes themselves, i think i read somewhere that you have to be taught them, but can't find anyone who knows any to teach. i have also heard rumor that people already know all the runes, but can't seem to get a rune to write for me. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Fallen
12-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Type rune common.

Those are all the known runes. Some are only for clerics, however.

At this point there are no player learned runes released into the game.

MPSorc
01-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Common Runes:

- beiron'fyn - celestial - dune
- erikar'fyn - grik'tyr - ikar'fyn
- lorae'tyr - luck - odeir'cos
- quiss'fyn - shien'tyr - solar
- volcano - wy'zio

ok, now which ones i know, because i have tried to draw every one of those, and none work. keeps tellin me to "Draw which rune?

Syberus
01-01-2004, 12:35 PM
draw quiss'fyn rune on my stone with my brush