PDA

View Full Version : Emeradan's Moderating

Fallen
11-08-2007, 12:35 AM
The following is correspondence between Emeradan and I over a post originally in the Icemule Trace Town folder. I wont call out who originally posted it unless they wish to step forward and give their side of the story. I simply disagree with Emeradan in this instance, in most instances really, and wished to see what others think of the situation.
----

Dear SARDINUS,

The post copied below has been removed from the message board for inciting to player vs. player conflict (PvP). Specifically, you wrote:

>>Sounds like a bit of CvC is in order if he continues to pull that crap.

This is tantamount to basing an ingame conflict on something taken from the Forums. This isn't something we're going to allow to be encouraged on the Forums.

If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
GemStone IV Forums
~
"You've just invented a new form of torture." --- Simon, from American Idol
~
GemStone IV: One MMORPG to Rule Them All.
==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Towns
Topic: Icemule Trace
Msg#: 3498
Subject: Re: A donation bin please!

The mechanics are mighty annoying, ****. Have you dealt with them before? I am all for replenishing my herbs stocks from time to time in return for a few higher value items donated, and that simply isn't possible with the current mechanics. The babysitting mechanics get REALLY annoying really fast.

Sounds like a bit of CvC is in order if he continues to pull that crap.

----
Evarin and his Mis'ri

Fallen
11-08-2007, 12:36 AM
My reply to Emeradan is as follows:

I fail to see how mentioning that CvC, not PvP may be a possible
solution to a problem that one CHARACTER was having with another
CHARACTER within the game warrants a pulled post and an official
warning.

If I had said, "I should head on down there and kill Myrefalcon for
you", you might have a point. Otherwise, you are simply asserting your
opinion that CvC isn't a valid roleplay consideration in this
situation by means of your Mod powers.

Further, I can see the OP and all subsequent posts (Mine) being pulled
because of a specific person's name being mentioned in a negative
light. Again, how this constitution a "Caution" on my account is
beyond me, and something I would like explained.

Finally, I never know when you pull my post what action, if any has
been taken against me. I have no idea of your point scoring system,
and how much any actions you take cost me, if at all. It is all very
vague and ill-explained. I would like to know exactly what actions, or
records against my account have been accrued from this nonsense, and
what my official account standings are.

If some of these issues are beyond the scope of what you are capable (of handling), tell me which, and I will direct them through the proper channels.

- Evarin's player

diethx
11-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Take away his power. Boycott the officials.

Fallen
11-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I will pass on that. I just think more often than not he is far too subjective as a mod. People said Khaladon had shitty customer service skills, Emeradan isn't too far behind in that regard.

Skeeter
11-08-2007, 12:53 AM
par for the course

Danical
11-08-2007, 12:53 AM
I understand he's got a difficult job making sure the officials is a fascist forum board but seriously . . .

He's just way off base sometimes.

:banghead:

Warriorbird
11-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Appeal. There's people in charge of him.

Danical
11-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Appeal. There's people in charge of him.

Appeal to what . . . Feedback?

:lolwave: :lolwave: :lolwave:

Feedback can go FUCK OFF AND DIE.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Fallen
11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
I plan to. The post SHOULD have been pulled as I stated, because a character was mentioned in a negative light. This stupidity of a "Caution" on my record is uncalled for, and I will seek to have it removed. I think it would also be a good idea to start getting some of Emeradan's overreactions on record via feedback. Maybe he will take the hint and start being a bit less abrasive on the boards and in CS in general.

Davenshire
11-08-2007, 02:12 AM
I don't know fallen.

I had him pull one of my posts and I e-mailed him for a copy of it because I was in complete awe that something I'd posted got pulled.

I'd rather see him vigilant and do what he does now then have the GS forums turn into...say PCorner/WOWarcraft kind of community.

Surprised yer so worried about a caution on your record.
(you actually got a warning?) I htink you are a bit thin skinned in this situation. I highly doubt you'll see your posting priveliges pulled on the forums ever, you seem a petty stand up guy.

Granted he could have been a little less vague about it. A lot of oflks need to qauntify everyhting, but in your case I think yer fine. Maybe I should be worried about my post pulled way back too! :help:

When it happened to me I let is slide. I'll be interested what you hear in reply to yer inquiries though, please keep us updated.

Methais
11-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Emeradan loves having multiple penises simultaneously inserted into his anal cavity.

Warriorbird
11-08-2007, 05:04 AM
DVDA!

Drew
11-08-2007, 05:26 AM
I was the post that got pulled, I have no idea what the rules are for the officials, I just use common sense. The rules, apparently, are retarded, but whatever.

Kembal
11-08-2007, 07:14 AM
I don't think you got a caution on your record, unless I'm missing something. I thought he states it pretty explicitly whenever he does give a TAC warning?

Drew
11-08-2007, 07:26 AM
My email was had "Caution: Disruptive" in the title.

Kyra231
11-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Appeal to what . . . Feedback?

:lolwave: :lolwave: :lolwave:

Feedback can go FUCK OFF AND DIE.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

:yeahthat:

Nilandia
11-08-2007, 08:34 AM
A caution on the officials is not a warning.

Gretchen

Warriorbird
11-08-2007, 08:36 AM
No...but it can be used to justify further action. It's sort of up there with putting PC posts in people's records.

Fallen
11-08-2007, 08:36 AM
>Surprised yer so worried about a caution on your record.
(you actually got a warning?) I htink you are a bit thin skinned in this situation. I highly doubt you'll see your posting priveliges pulled on the forums ever, you seem a petty stand up guy. >>

I've no idea where my account standing is at the moment. I've gone a few rounds with that moron Hakwae, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than a few dings on my record. However, as I mentioned in my response to Emeradan, the whole disciplinary system they use is far too secretive and vague. There should be an explanation of it, or a link to the explanation of it with every post pulled, and where if at all your account stands within that warning based system.

Numbers
11-08-2007, 09:18 AM
He's a douche.

Teavangelical
11-08-2007, 09:20 AM
I got a post pulled by Em for something equally as asinine. It's probably on my record, but I'm not inclined to care much about it anymore.

You're probably okay, though I understand the frustration.

Warriorbird
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Post pulling isn't formally kept anywhere from what I remember. Cautions and warnings are.

Fallen
11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I don't remember ever seeing a "Caution" on any of my pulled posts before, so this is the first time I actually care about his overreactions. I may have missed some, though.

Fallen
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Eh. I really don't see the point in arguing this situation further. I disagree with him onSeveral points, but as there is no formal warning system, why bother? It won't do any good is it looks like what Emerdan decides at that moment is the board policy.
----

>>I fail to see how mentioning that CvC, not PvP may be a possible solution
to a problem that one CHARACTER was having with another CHARACTER within the
game warrants a pulled post and an official warning.

Simply put, it's fine to discuss behaviors on the Forums, but the mention of
names is not. Since your post blatantly stated that an ingame conflict may
occur from the mention of a certain person's actions on the Forums, it was
removed. Furthermore, you were not at this time given an official warning
(hence the "Caution").

>>If I had said, "I should head on down there and kill Myrefalcon for you",
you might have a point. Otherwise, you are simply asserting your opinion
that CvC isn't a valid roleplay consideration in this situation by means of
your Mod powers.

CvC is most assuredly a roleplay consideration, the means by which you can
come to ingame... as a part of a roleplayed scenario... not as a part of
"Oh, I heard so and so was doing X while I was reading the Forums, so I
think I'll ensure my presence in the future and create a situation where I
can engage in PvP." To make mention that the situation "Sounds like a bit
of CvC is in order if he continues to pull that crap" is you, the player,
not any of your characters.

>>Further, I can see the OP and all subsequent posts (Mine) being pulled
because of a specific person's name being mentioned in a negative light.
Again, how this constitution a "Caution" on my account is beyond me, and
something I would like explained.

In order to clearly and concisely communicate the fact that incitement to
PvP is not permitted on the Forums, and to Caution you that such behavior is
not permitted.

>>Finally, I never know when you pull my post what action, if any has been
taken against me. I have no idea of your point scoring system, and how much
any actions you take cost me, if at all. It is all very vague and
ill-explained. I would like to know exactly what actions, or records against
my account have been accrued from this nonsense, and what my official
account standings are.

Unlike other forums, we don't "keep score" and remove you when you've
accumulated a certain "point score." Your current official account
standings are:

22 Notifications
10 Cautions
0 TAC Warnings

>>If some of these issues are beyond the scope of what you are capable, tell
me which, and I will direct them through the proper channels.

I am the appropriate channel for all things related to the Forums. If you
have any further concerns, feel free to reply.

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
GemStone IV Forums
~

Clark: "So you killed him?"
Kara: "He didn't feel any pain."

GemStone IV: One MMORPG to Rule Them All.

Some Rogue
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
We don't keep score...but you have this, this and this.

Fallen
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Hah. Yeah. That did give me a laugh too. I DID ask for him to tell me, though.

Artha
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Emeradan and his moderation style are probably responsible for more people signing up for the PC than anyone else.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Emeradan pulled most of my posts about Khaladon, and one where I said that the entire GM team took care of EG alteration scrolls, not just Khaladon.

I also posted that I wanted to "clear up some ignorance" and he pulled it, citing that I was being overly confrontational when Andraste got all butt hurt over my feedback and it was insinuated that I was discussing OOC info out loud when I was interacting with a GH and she sent me a little warning that I needed to stop, when that wasn't what happened. Saying that someone who wasn't there was ignorant to the situation is hardly confrontational, especially given the player's other posts about me.

He pulls posts mostly that he disagrees with (or posted by people he dislikes, heh) and finds some dumb excuse to leave up posts he likes-- he also tends to wait until after the thread is closed to pull your post so you can't go back and correct it.

I have sent feedback to Antavian before to make sure board policy is applied fairly and evenly-- that may be why Em doesn't like me but I could really care less.

Stanley Burrell
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I barely post on the officials so I don't really know about Emeradan's modding style.

I mean, in game he's been a cool dude and constantly fixed wonky shit for me. Pretty darn astute when it came to GM referrals too. I wish he'd play his PC again, but I doubt that'll happen. Is it that he's overly by-the-book? What dost the book say?

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
I barely post on the officials so I don't really know about Emeradan's modding style.

I mean, in game he's been a cool dude and constantly fixed wonky shit for me. Pretty darn astute when it came to GM referrals too. I wish he'd play his PC again, but I doubt that'll happen. Is it that he's overly by-the-book? What dost the book say?

Overly by the book and also a total retard when it comes time to apply his overzealous rules to everyone fairly. Meaning if he agrees with your post it's far more likely to stay put.

Stanley Burrell
11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Weird man. Is he all senior super board mod ranking or something?

Fallen
11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
The best I could hope for is a form letter styled response from Feedback, and Emeradan getting even more anal with me on the boards then he will for posting this exchange here. I am not out to get anyone canned, I just wanted to know WTF was going on. I found out, i'm not thrilled with what i've learned, but yeah. Time to move on, or atleast until Emeradan arbitrarily decides I am not longer allowed to post. That is apparently the system of moderating used on the officials.

If someone garnered a different impression in reading the above, do let me know.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
The best I could hope for is a form letter styled response from Feedback, and a Emeradan getting even more anal with me on the boards then he will for posting this exchange here. I am not out to get anyone canned, I just wanted to know WTF was going on. I found out, i'm not thrilled with what i've learned, but yeah. Time to move on, or atleast until Emeradan arbitrarily decides I am not longer allowed to post. That is apparently the system of moderating used on the officials.

If someone garnered a different impression in reading the above, do let me know.

Definitely file feedback.

I know a lot of people dislike feedback and I can see why, you never really know the outcome, but if it's put on the record at least they will HAVE that record if the time ever comes to pull it up.

Fallen
11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical, as that is the exact thing I am bitching about/accusing Emeradan doing to me? I do not agree with the guy on this issue, and on the way he mods his boards, but like I said, I don't want to see the guy canned, or provide any ammo against his being fired.

He is a popular guy on the boards, I just don't like him. GS has already lost enough GMs of late, and I am sure all of the butt-hurt type situations (such as this one here) played a role in them.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical, as that is the exact thing I am bitching about/accusing Emeradan doing to me? I do not agree with the guy on this issue, and on the way he mods his boards, but like I said, I don't want to see the guy canned, or provide any ammo against his being fired.

He is a popular guy on the boards, I just don't like him. GS has already lost enough GMs of late, and I am sure all of the butt-heart type situations (such as this one here) played a roll in them.

Not really the same thing. Typically when I dislike a GM as intensely as I dislike both Andraste and Emeradan, I would not be sad to see them go at all.

Similarly, though, as my issue is mostly with his total failure to apply his policy evenly and with an unbiased eye, I would file negative feedback about any GM who I felt deserved it- whether I really liked them or hated them. Just so happens I tend to dislike GMs who've given me a reason to do so and thus a lot more negative feedback is filed in that regard.

Warriorbird
11-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Here's the secret. You can get an SGM referral regarding Emeradan's actions. It might take them 2 weeks to get back to you...but you can get one.

Some Rogue
11-09-2007, 02:49 PM
GS has already lost enough GMs of late, and I am sure all of the butt-heart type situations (such as this one here) played a roll in them.

Necromancer, is that you?

Fallen
11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Bwahaha. owned.

Joe
11-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I also posted that I wanted to "clear up some ignorance" and he pulled it, citing that I was being overly confrontational when Andraste got all butt hurt over my feedback and it was insinuated that I was discussing OOC info out loud when I was interacting with a GH and she sent me a little warning that I needed to stop, when that wasn't what happened. Saying that someone who wasn't there was ignorant to the situation is hardly confrontational, especially given the player's other posts about me.

I'm interested in hearing more... do share. :)

Teavangelical
11-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Unlike other forums, we don't "keep score" and remove you when you've
accumulated a certain "point score." Your current official account
standings are:

22 Notifications
10 Cautions
0 TAC Warnings

...What.

Unlike other forums, we are like other forums!

Drew
11-09-2007, 04:55 PM
...What.

Unlike other forums, we are like other forums!

No he's saying that unlike other forums their is no hard threshold for you being banned, I believe. So it's not like notifications are worth 1 point, cautions 2, and TACs 5 and if you hit 50 points you are banned.

Teavangelical
11-09-2007, 05:03 PM
No he's saying that unlike other forums their is no hard threshold for you being banned, I believe. So it's not like notifications are worth 1 point, cautions 2, and TACs 5 and if you hit 50 points you are banned.

Oh, I know... he just fucked up the syntax and sounds at first glance like he's contradicting himself. It should have said something like "Unlike other forums, we don't keep a score that will eventually lead us to remove your posting abilities once you've exceeded it. We do, however, keep a tally of infractions. Here is yours."

Eh.

Nilandia
11-09-2007, 05:10 PM
It depends on the interpretation. The line of, "Sounds like a bit of CvC is in order if he continues to pull that crap." can also be taken to mean that you're encouraging someone to start a conflict with the person that's being complained about. That can be seen as inciting PvP, which is against the forum policy.

Gretchen

Celephais
11-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Oh, I know... he just fucked up the syntax and sounds at first glance like he's contradicting himself. It should have said something like "Unlike other forums, we don't keep a score that will eventually lead us to remove your posting abilities once you've exceeded it. We do, however, keep a tally of infractions. Here is yours."

Eh.

That's entirely, unnecessarily, unrequired, unessentially, indispensably, verbose.

Why does he feel the need to mention other forums at all, they're of no consequence. "Here are your infractions" would have been fine.

Joe
11-09-2007, 05:20 PM
That's entirely, unnecessarily, unrequired, unessentially, indispensably, verbose.

Why does he feel the need to mention other forums at all, they're of no consequence. "Here are your infractions" would have been fine.

Probably to answer this:

>>>>Finally, I never know when you pull my post what action, if any has been taken against me. I have no idea of your point scoring system, and how much any actions you take cost me, if at all. It is all very vague and ill-explained. I would like to know exactly what actions, or records against
my account have been accrued from this nonsense, and what my official account standings are.

Teavangelical
11-09-2007, 05:21 PM

I am a wordsmith, so I tend to elaborate like that. Still, sometimes being verbose... is better.

Better than being poorly worded, anyway.

It was just an example. :) He could have worded it in any number of other ways and it would have been an improvement.

/picky

Celephais
11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Probably to answer this:

>>>>Finally, I never know when you pull my post what action, if any has been taken against me. I have no idea of your point scoring system, and how much any actions you take cost me, if at all. It is all very vague and ill-explained. I would like to know exactly what actions, or records against
my account have been accrued from this nonsense, and what my official account standings are.

I think anything Emeradan says is unnecessary, regardless of if he's actually addressing a question. How's this: They don't mean shit, but here are your infractions.

Celephais
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I am a wordsmith, so I tend to elaborate like that. Still, sometimes being verbose... is better.
I was hoping the use of five synonyms in a row as adjectives for verbose would be enough of a hint that I was joking, normally with the officials they don't tell you shit and just apply their judgement with a heavy hand.

Personally I find that having an extensive vocabulary to draw upon is essential to communicating on the internet, it's far too easy to misinterpret without all of the cues used in communicating in person or even just on the phone.

Fallen
11-09-2007, 05:27 PM
It depends on the interpretation. The line of, "Sounds like a bit of CvC is in order if he continues to pull that crap." can also be taken to mean that you're encouraging someone to start a conflict with the person that's being complained about. That can be seen as inciting PvP, which is against the forum policy.

Gretchen

If you would have seen the original post, I don't think you would hold that viewpoint. A person had a specific grevience against some moron that would throw away herbs off a bench so that they would need his services. They shared the same town, and obviously they were aware of each other's actions IC. CvC is most CERTAINLY one avenue to take when such idiocy occurs.

Celephais
11-09-2007, 05:32 PM
If you would have seen the original post, I don't think you would hold that viewpoint. A person had a specific grevience against some moron that would throw away herbs off a bench so that they would need his services. They shared the same town, and obviously they were aware of each other's actions IC. CvC is most CERTAINLY one avenue to take when such idiocy occurs.
I agree, I would say it was a perfectly valid response on your part.

People come to the boards occasionally asking for advice for their character to take, It's like if you said "If someone did that infront of my character my character would likely kill them". That seems perfectly reasonable.

Next time just advise them that their character should stop being such a pussy.

Joe
11-09-2007, 05:33 PM

I actually did see the post, and I agree with her interpretation. If it's CVC, then keep it in the game and off the boards. Just my opinion, though... I hear those are like asses around here anyway.

Teavangelical
11-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I was hoping the use of five synonyms in a row as adjectives for verbose would be enough of a hint that I was joking, normally with the officials they don't tell you shit and just apply their judgement with a heavy hand.

Personally I find that having an extensive vocabulary to draw upon is essential to communicating on the internet, it's far too easy to misinterpret without all of the cues used in communicating in person or even just on the phone.

:rofl:

Well, I kind of tend to take perceived criticism literally on the PC, just because of the nature of the place. I get your point now, though. ;)

Celephais
11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
:rofl:

Well, I kind of tend to take perceived criticism literally on the PC, just because of the nature of the place. I get your point now, though. ;)
I wouldn't take anything literally on the PC, half the fun of it is making fun of anyone on any inadequecy at all.

Donquix
11-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I actually did see the post, and I agree with her interpretation. If it's CVC, then keep it in the game and off the boards. Just my opinion, though... I hear those are like asses around here anyway.

It wasn't a CvC comment. it was a message from one player to another suggesting that it was an offensive and rude thing to do in character as well, and it could be settled through an in character confrontation.

Also...
Emer is a dude (barely)

DCSL
11-09-2007, 05:39 PM
The "her" he refers to is Nilandia.

Joe
11-09-2007, 05:40 PM
It wasn't a CvC comment. it was a message from one player to another suggesting that it was an offensive and rude thing to do in character as well, and it could be settled through an in character confrontation.

Also...
Emer is a dude (barely)

Yeah, I was talking about Gretchen, but thanks for offering your ass... er, opinion.

Oops. :)

Teavangelical
11-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't take anything literally on the PC, half the fun of it is making fun of anyone on any inadequecy at all.

See, this is why I don't go to social events! I'm always screwing this kind of stuff up!

:help:

DCSL
11-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Heh, I love the barely (or not at all) veiled contempt that comes with those from the official boards. And by love, I mean "am entertained by."

Donquix
11-09-2007, 05:44 PM
what i get for skipping the last few posts on the first page. My mistake on that.

First part of the post still holds true though :)

Nilandia
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
True. I don't have the benefit of context that you do. I just have the posts on this thread to go by. Then again, people overall do sometimes take things out of context if it's what they're looking for. Sometimes, people just do stupid stuff.

It may well be that rewording the statement would have been enough to keep it from being pulled, so long as it was clear you're talking only to the original poster and that it should be kept within the realm of the game and RP.

Though, if the entire thread was pulled (I don't know if it was), it may not matter anyway.

Gretchen

Fallen
11-09-2007, 06:28 PM
If Drew wanted to post it, he could. I didn't keep a copy of it.

Drew
11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Here's the whole thread:

Msg#: 3497

It's probably time to rethink that vote, Myrefalcon loves to clear the bench of every herb and dump them in the trash barrel to the east so people have to use his services. I'm not a fan of this, personally. Something to stop that would be pretty nice. The reason we mostly voted against that (if I remember correctly) was because of the sense of community we have in Icemule and that PITA factor of cleaning the bench didn't match deterring annoying people, but when you have someone who does this everytime they are logged in, we might want to change it.

-Drew

Msg#: 3498

The mechanics are mighty annoying, ****. Have you dealt with them before? I am all for replenishing my herbs stocks from time to time in return for a few higher value items donated, and that simply isn't possible with the current mechanics. The babysitting mechanics get REALLY annoying really fast.

Sounds like a bit of CvC is in order if he continues to pull that crap.

-Fallen

Msg#: 3499

>The mechanics are mighty annoying, Chiv. Have you dealt with them before?

No I haven't, I try to stay in Icemule.

>Sounds like a bit of CvC is in order if he continues to pull that crap.

Been there, done that, won't fix the problem. Said character is capped or near it which generally means you can run roughshod over Icemule since there aren't many other capped characters that call it home, especially late at night. There's no peer pressure for a capped character then. Our friendly town thief who isn't even capped operates with near impunity most of the time unless a few select characters are on. Since both of these chars are night owls, your nanny capped empaths have long since put their kids to bed and turned in at 9pm like good 45 year olds.

-Drew

Fallen
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
How he got from that the idea that I had plans to run on over there and get involved is beyond me. Chiv seemed to know what the hell I was saying easily enough.

Nilandia
11-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Hrm...

If those are all the posts, I'd have to say that the wording is vague enough that if people didn't know Fallen's personality and stance for RP, it can appear that he's saying that people should look for Myrefalcon just to start something. Knowing him, I don't think that's the case, but the problem is that it can look like it.

I'd say that rewording it to be more precise would have definitely helped.

Gretchen

Nilandia
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
How he got from that the idea that I had plans to run on over there and get involved is beyond me. Chiv seemed to know what the hell I was saying easily enough.
I don't think it was that he thought you in particular would go looking for Myrefalcon, but that it can look like you were saying other people should.

Gretchen

Methais
11-09-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't think it was that he thought you in particular would go looking for Myrefalcon, but that it can look like you were saying other people should.

Gretchen

No, Emeradan's just a douche that gets a raging erection everytime he pulls a post.

Joe
11-09-2007, 11:51 PM
No, Emeradan's just a douche that gets a raging erection everytime he pulls a post.

Speaking of hardons for staff...

Some Rogue
09-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Bumping for Emeradan's douchiness.

I posted on the officials about this piece of shit coraesine weapon, that should have been attuned to me ages ago, still not being attuned and getting me killed yet again....and Emeradan comes in and not only assures me again that it's working as intended (because he reviewed the log of my assist from months ago...right.) but then he mocks me for being pissed off and posting partially in caps. Excuse me if I am not 100% convinced that Zyllah knew what she was talking about when she looked at the weapon a few months ago. We all know how infallable the GM's are. /sarcasm

So here's a big fuck you to Emeradan. I couldn't say it there but I sure can here. Keep mocking your customers douchebag, I'd love to see the population drop to 50 in primetime. Just because you can say whatever you want on the boards doesn't mean you should. :fu:

Kitsun
09-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Write feedback about the weapon explaining how/why you think its busted to maybe get another GM to review the code?

That Jay
09-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Ditto on the Emeradan douche-ness. From a nobody Delyorik PC whose big claim to fame was quoting people at conventions to a no life schmuck who delights in bending the board policy to make his own oblique insults but then clamps down on anyone else who has the same temerity.

BTW, I owned a true coraesine longsword in Platinum that also did not attune properly. GM after GM told me it was working as intended but it never got any better until the sword was totally recreated from its registry.

CrystalTears
09-24-2008, 02:48 PM
>>>>And to stay on topic, if you can't see what's going on with the weapon other than old information, why even continue to try and troubleshoot something you have no knowledge of? Why not give him better information other than it's working as intended when you have no idea?

Since my information is apparently useless, I've gone back and deleted my posts on the matter. I'll not make any further comment on the subject.

YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME, SOME ROGUE! :D

Some Rogue
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
>>>>And to stay on topic, if you can't see what's going on with the weapon other than old information, why even continue to try and troubleshoot something you have no knowledge of? Why not give him better information other than it's working as intended when you have no idea?

Since my information is apparently useless, I've gone back and deleted my posts on the matter. I'll not make any further comment on the subject.

YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME, SOME ROGUE! :D

You win! :hug2:

CrystalTears
09-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Fucking pussy pulled an Ilvane on the officials. What an idiot.

Danical
09-24-2008, 03:06 PM
:grouphug:

Rad.

Everyone knows I think Jeff needs a cock punch.

diethx
09-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Wouldn't he have to have a cock first?

Methais
09-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Wouldn't he have to have a cock first?

He needs a sandy vagina punch.

Someone post his posts from that thread here. I'm too lazy to go looking for them on the officials, but his douchebaggery is never anything short of lol.

Some Rogue
09-24-2008, 06:39 PM
He needs a sandy vagina punch.

Someone post his posts from that thread here. I'm too lazy to go looking for them on the officials, but his douchebaggery is never anything short of lol.

He ended up pulling a bunch of his own posts. :rofl:

Methais
09-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Haha pwned. The Ilvane reference makes sense now.

diethx
09-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Ah, now I get the Ilvane connection.

Some Rogue
09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
This was my original post...yes I was a bit ticked off but I wasn't directing my anger at anyone yet..

THIS IS WORKING AS INTENDED RIGHT? I'VE HAD THIS DAMN WEAPON FOR YEARS, BEEN HUNTING WITH IT AGAIN REGULARLY FOR A YEAR, GAINED 7 OR 8 LEVELS AND IT'S STILL, WORKING AS INTENDED??

You swing a silver-hilt coraesine longsword at a yeti!
AS: +XXX vs DS: +233 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +70 = XXX
... and hit for 59 points of damage!
Wild downward slash severs the yeti's right foot!
Bloody stump, anyone?
A yeti collapses to the ground and grasps its mangled right leg!

The yeti is stunned!

Suddenly, a whirling lash of air bursts forth from the blade and abruptly turns on you!
... 25 points of damage!
Strong blow to your right leg breaks it!
You are knocked to the ground!
You are stunned for 5 rounds!
Roundtime: 6 sec.

THIS OF COURSE LED TO YET ANOTHER DEATH.

The weapon is going in my locker and never coming out again. I'm having a hard time not just throwing it in the nearest trash bin. It's worthless. I have to put up with this crap for god knows how long for a 4x weapon with a couple scripts on it basically? No thanks, I'll use the 10x weapon I have.

To which he replied that he looked into it and it is working as intended and he that he thought my caps lock key was broken.

A few people go off on him about his being a prick and his being a smart ass with the capslock comment and a few others.

He comes back that the last time it was registered it still had a long way to go. Well, I knew I hadn't registered it probably since I got it so I go to reply and he's edited his post (guess there is an edit function after all on the officials for mods). He realizes it wasn't registered since 2004, which is when I got the stupid weapon so basically all his info is not even close to current.

He then ignores the fact that I said I've been hunting with it for four months straight, gaining 8 levels in that time. CT basically gives him a bunch of shit for claiming to be some kind of authority on the subject when all the info he was basing his opinion on is 4 years old. He gets all huffy and pulls his own posts and the Perigourd comes in to kiss his ass and tell him how much some people value his information.

~
GM Emeradan

I lied. The original poster can email me, and I'll be more than glad to share my deleted suggestions in a more private venue. Perhaps they'll be taken in the spirit in which they were originally offered a bit more easily there.

This will be my final comment on the subject.

~
GM Emeradan

Since I read all of his valuable information (that didn't help one bit) already, I don't plan on emailing him.

Stretch
09-24-2008, 06:55 PM
hahaha @ getting butt hurt

EDIT: I still think Quabu is worse than Emeradan, so he has that going for him

Danical
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Perigourd is mostly a dickhat - mostly.

Side Note: Isn't this a lesser coraesine weapon? These never attune, right? You need 50+ INF/DI bonus so it doesn't backlash?

Some Rogue
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Yes, Perigourd is a tool and it's an impure one that was won at the Spitfire. It's the new style coraesine, it just doesn't have all the abilities that pure newstyle ones do. The old style coraesine are the ones that need the 50+ inf/di. New ones just take time hunting with them to attune and stop backlashing.

Danical
09-24-2008, 07:03 PM
SGM referral?

That's what I would request.

Danical
Also, I think everybody knows posting on the officials is pretty much the biggest waste of time.

Some Rogue
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Coraesine

Old Coraesine

Old coraesine weapons possess the double strike and air flare properties, as the documentation states. However, old coraesine weapons have no period of getting used to their wielder -- the chances of the weapon backlashing is a percentage equal to 50 minus the character's discipline (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Discipline) and influence (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Influence) bonuses [NOT stat value], thus making the weapons less than ideal for the race credited with the weapon's discovery -- the Faendryl.

Pure Coraesine

Pure coraesine possessed the powerful air flares and the double strike capabilities of old coraesine, but also possesses many, many other abilities. The metal will get "used" to the wielder the longer the weapon remains in his or her possession. Pure coraesine is always attuned to the first character it was given to, and can never by transferred to another character.

Whispering Wind - The weapon, when the wielder dies, will inform those in a room of a pre-chosen location that the player has died.
Thorns of the Wind - When the weapon is dropped, any character that is not attuned to the weapon will be injured when they attempt to pick the weapon up, and will drop the weapon in response to the injury.
Fury - When waving the sword at an opponent, the sword casts a spell identical to Hand of Tonis (505) (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_Tonis_%28505%29). The sword grants a natural casting strength bonus, making this ability usable for even square (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Square) professions.
Orb - Pure coraesine weapons are capable of reducing their size to a small orb for ease of transport.
Tempest - The weapon will cast Call Wind (912) (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Call_Wind_%28912%29), usable as long as the wielder has mana.
Quickening - The weapon can also cast Haste (506) (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Haste_%28506%29) on the wielder a limited number of times per day.Impure Coraesine

Impure coraesine is similar to pure coraesine, except it only has some of the properties of pure coraesine. Like pure coraesine, impure coraesine is permanently attuned to the first character that possessed it and can never be transferred to another character.

Some Rogue
09-24-2008, 07:06 PM
SGM referral?

That's what I would request.

Is Zyllah an SGM? She's the one who did my assist four months ago.

Oh and is Voraviel still around? He's the creator and apparently the only one who understands how these work.

Danical
09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
No idea.

Good luck getting anything in the near future.

Methais
09-24-2008, 09:04 PM
He gets all huffy and pulls his own posts and the Perigourd comes in to kiss his ass and tell him how much some people value his information.

Perigourd is probably one of the biggest douchewaffles to ever play GS.

CrystalTears
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm still shocked I got away with telling him he was speaking about something he knew nothing about and bowed out of the conversation without pulling anything I posted.

Some Rogue
09-24-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm still shocked I got away with telling him he was speaking about something he knew nothing about and bowed out of the conversation without pulling anything I posted.

It's because you touch his tra la la.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/PULS-30s27-gunther-416_368.jpg

Danical
09-25-2008, 01:47 AM

srsly 4 srs - it could have either gone one of two ways:

1) he throws a hissy fit and bows out thereby pulling his posts.
2) he throws a hissy fit and gives you like 4 TACs and bans you for 30 Days.

Some Rogue
09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
So I emailed Voraviel yesterday. This morning I got an email from Emeradan telling me to register it before and after every hunt so it can be tracked.

Just now I got an email from Voraviel that he's gonna look into it. Maybe finally something will get done with this thing.

Allereli
09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
This morning I got an email from Emeradan telling me to register it before and after every hunt so it can be tracked.

He's on crack

Akaylas
09-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Crack, yes, but this sounds like a debugging technique to me.

I imagine, everytime an item is registered, a set of info is stored somewhere about the weapon.

If the weapon has to accrue "experience" in order to "bond" and not backlash anymore, doing that would a base amount before hunt and a new amount after a hunt to see if it is calculating "experience" correctly.

Pass the pipe around, imo.

Allereli
09-25-2008, 06:23 PM

I imagine, everytime an item is registered, a set of info is stored somewhere about the weapon.

If the weapon has to accrue "experience" in order to "bond" and not backlash anymore, doing that would a base amount before hunt and a new amount after a hunt to see if it is calculating "experience" correctly.

Pass the pipe around, imo.

There's an identical item in Plat that was fixed without all the nonsense.

Some Rogue
09-25-2008, 07:58 PM
And, I did an assist on May 3, I've questioned the item again (for the second, third, whatever time now), so approximately 4 months. I've gained 8 levels in that time using the weapon. Look at it again today and tell me, has it gained any ground? It doesn't appear to have gained anything. It still "resists me strongly" when I try to use it's abilities.

The backlash isn't even the most annoying part, though that has killed me plenty, because that doesn't happen that often. What annoys the piss out of me is when I try to swing and it just refuses to swing which basically puts me in 7 seconds of rt, in the open, in offensive. And that will happen several times a hunt. Hell, a couple nights ago, 3 out of 4 swings it didn't swing. The fourth swing was parried. I about chucked my monitor across the room after that.

Some Rogue
09-25-2008, 08:04 PM

Yes, that's exactly what he's going for...but seriously, I am supposed to remember to register it before and after every single hunt? More than one person has said, yes, those items were buggy at one point. Jay even said here his had to be rebuilt from scratch because it wasn't bonding. FFS, how many times do I have to die, how long do I have to use this weapon and have it resist me before I'm just given the benefit of the doubt and the item is either fixed or just attuned to me?

It's not like I am a problem customer. I rarely assist, I don't complain that much on the boards, and I spend enough damn money on this crap that maybe just once, they could fix it for me and go on their way. Who would this hurt really? A limited number of those weapons went out and I'd guess by now all of them are bonded to their owner. It's not like I didn't put the time in.

Some Rogue
09-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Coraesine, fuck yeah!

It's great when the weapon you use kills you more than the creatures you hunt.

You swing a silver-hilt coraesine longsword at a muscular supplicant!
AS: +xxx vs DS: +192 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +53 = xxx
... and hit for 49 points of damage!
Elbow punctured, oh what pain!
The muscular supplicant is stunned!

Suddenly, a whirling lash of air bursts forth from the blade and abruptly turns on you!
... 30 points of damage!
Hard blow to your neck loosens head on shoulders.
Quite fatal!
Spell Spirit Warding I (101) ended. [-10STD, -10BoltDS]
The light blue glow leaves you.
Spell Elemental Defense III (414) ended. [-20DS, -15ETD]
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
Spell Elemental Defense II (406) ended. [-10DS, -10ETD]
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
Spell Spirit Defense (103) ended. [-10DS]
The powerful look leaves you.
Spell Elemental Defense I (401) ended. [-5DS, -5ETD]
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
Spell Spirit Warding II (107) ended. [-25STD, -25BoltDS]
The deep blue glow leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
Roundtime: 6 sec.

Some Rogue
09-30-2008, 07:46 PM
>raise long
The longsword resists your attempt strongly. Perhaps you need more time wielding it for it to respond to you properly.

Because over a year just isn't long enough!

Soulpieced
09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Quit bitching and buy a new weapon?

Some Rogue
09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
So if you won an auction/raffle weapon and it didn't work, you wouldn't be pissed? Oh you would and you'd bitch too. STFU.

Soulpieced
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I won the bard pavis that I couldn't use for over a year, and when I could use it I had a 100% chance of warding myself with a curse failure. So yes, I did, and I sold it.

Some Rogue
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Exactly, I can't fucking sell it. IT'S ATTUNED TO ME.

Danical
09-30-2008, 08:12 PM
^

Soulpieced
09-30-2008, 08:13 PM
My previous comment is rescinded.

Methais
09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
My previous comment is rescinded.

Either way, I bet you were still pissed that you couldn't use your pavis, even being able to sell it AMIRITE?

ON TOPIC: Emeradan's a douche

Some Rogue
10-02-2008, 09:12 PM
After dying again tonight to this piece of shit...

assist request ok, I am tired of dying to my own goddamn weapon. This is a coraesine weapon from the spitfire. I assisted 4 months ago and was told it was fine. I think whoever looked at it was looking at old data. It's been 4 damn months since then, I've gained 8 levels and the damn thing still turns on me and kills me. Twice in this damn week alone. I've posted about it, I've emailed the creator of the weapon. I want someone to fix it now.
Your request has been sent to the GMs currently on duty.
You are number 1 in the queue.
You may cancel your request for assistance at any time by typing ASSIST CANCEL.

Alfster
10-02-2008, 10:54 PM
That sucks.

Ignot
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
any resolution?

Some Rogue
10-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Nope, a gamehost. Big surprise. Tells me to wait for the GM's to get back to me....I've been waiting a week already and died twice more since I contacted them last. I've switched weapons for now. It's not worth it anymore.

Alfster
10-02-2008, 11:17 PM
WOW > GS

Some Rogue
10-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I was bored out of my mind in WOW. Plus, you had to rely on too many douchebag assholes you couldn't stand to be around to advance. And to get the honor of spending time with these tools, you had to apply like it was a fucking job or something.

No thanks. I can play when I want and how I want now. No schedules, no being online for hours at a time.

Methais
10-02-2008, 11:36 PM
I was bored out of my mind in WOW. Plus, you had to rely on too many douchebag assholes you couldn't stand to be around to advance. And to get the honor of spending time with these tools, you had to apply like it was a fucking job or something.

No thanks. I can play when I want and how I want now. No schedules, no being online for hours at a time.

Warhammer > WoW > GS

Alfster
10-02-2008, 11:42 PM
WAR is fun, but only if you play when the servers are near full...otherwise it's hell to join a scenario and PVE is painfully boring.

I work 3rd shift, and usually play early in the morning when no one's on...and its not that fun then. During primetime, it's a blast.

Methais
10-02-2008, 11:56 PM
WAR is fun, but only if you play when the servers are near full...otherwise it's hell to join a scenario and PVE is painfully boring.

I work 3rd shift, and usually play early in the morning when no one's on...and its not that fun then. During primetime, it's a blast.

Queues are pretty quick on Order side at any hour. We were steadily raping Destruction last night in that one scenario where you just run around with that artifact while everyone pwns everyone, forgot the name. And I'm usually on late at night, so it wasn't anywhere near prime time.

But I can see how lack of people can easily suck the life out of the world PvP like you were saying.

Me
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Morsomethingor nother Temple. Yeah order side the queue pops are pretty quick on certain games. Destruction side there is sometimes a bit of a wait.

LF