PDA

View Full Version : Since you wanted more rules...

Artha
12-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Seeing as there's a clamor for more rules, I just figured I'd lay the law down.

If your 1 liner doesn't make me laugh,it will be deleted.

If your comment is off topic in a major way (for example, asking about someone's signature), your post will be deleted.

If your post is not something that should be here, it will be deleted or moved.

If your sole intent of a post is to insult, your post will either be deleted or edited, depending on my mood.

Too much vulgarity = ...you guessed it! deletion.

Since I really, really don't feel like going through a bunch of old topics, any OLD posts violating these rules will NOT be deleted or editted. Anything after today, however, will be.

Feel free to post in this thread if you have a question or comment.

[Edited on 12-6-2003 by Artha]

DCSL
12-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Eh? What prompted this? I didn't think the Alterations folder was in need of such structure. Very little in the way of argument goes on here...

GSLeloo
12-06-2003, 09:13 PM
This only pertains to the arguements folder?

~prays against censorship~

Artha
12-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Eh? What prompted this? I didn't think the Alterations folder was in need of such structure. Very little in the way of argument goes on here...

There's a few random insults, and I've actually had to delete quite a few posts that went wildly off topic (involving a couple people's signatures)

This only pertains to the arguements folder?

No. It's forum-wide, and decided by whoever mods the folder.

12-06-2003, 10:22 PM
watch the post count fall...

Xcalibur
12-06-2003, 10:23 PM
You need posters here in the first place, not laws..

You want to copy klave.net's philosophy?

GSLeloo
12-06-2003, 10:54 PM
I just really hate the idea of censorship. I agree to it to the point where someone is vividly describing how they will kill someone else but... for the most part, no. I think when threads go off on tangents that it's good. My creative writing teacher said it's better to just write and let your mind take you were it does because it allows you to see your own thought process. I prefer threads that wander around.

Artha
12-07-2003, 01:26 AM
You want to copy klave.net's philosophy?

Isn't that pretty much "Come, post goatse here! We love it!"?

I think when threads go off on tangents that it's good.

That is, in general, what Off-topic is for. We have specialized forums for a reason.

Latrinsorm
12-07-2003, 01:49 AM
What you're doing is censorship. I also don't like it. But then, I never posted much in this folder anyway, so I guess I'm not "burn down a building" mad. More like, "go hit some fly balls" mad.

Artha
12-07-2003, 02:07 AM
It's not so much censorship (removing of valid ideas and posts) as maintenance (removing the rubbish)

If I was really into censoring you, all of your posts would be raining down praise upon me.

Latrinsorm
12-07-2003, 02:14 AM
To me, any restriction of free speech is censorship. Even if you never touch a post, merely by saying you will causes people to think about what they post beyond what they would have thought about it. That is a restriction to free speech. But that also seems to be what you're looking for.

Artha
12-07-2003, 02:18 AM
Yep. Come into my living room screaming swear words, I'll boot you out the door.

In this case, however, it's more of me not letting the other people in my house hear your swearing.

Sean
12-07-2003, 02:22 AM
i only object because unlike harmnones suggestions yours are demands and potentially have direct effects on a persons posting style but whatever like latrinstorm said i dont post in this folder anyway so i guess it doesnt really effect me.

Originally posted by Artha
Yep. Come into my living room screaming swear words, I'll boot you out the door.

In this case, however, it's more of me not letting the other people in my house hear your swearing.

didnt kranar remove all the TOS rules about swearing to make it legal?

edited to add the quote and ask the question rather than making a new post.

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Tijay]

Artha
12-07-2003, 02:38 AM
unlike harmnones suggestions yours are demands and potentially have direct effects on a persons posting style

That's probably because I'm more abrasive than she is. I'll be fairly lenient...there generally aren't problems here. As for insulting, that goes for real life, not characters or ugly alterations...both of which probably deserve it.

LordRanad
01-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
To me, any restriction of free speech is censorship. Even if you never touch a post, merely by saying you will causes people to think about what they post beyond what they would have thought about it. That is a restriction to free speech. But that also seems to be what you're looking for.

Wow, let's make a mountain out of a molehill, please! Look at it this way, nobody wants to be trying to decipher the strange way that these posts work when there's 5 seperate topics on the same thread, all spidering out, but you have to read them mis-matched and out-of-order...Complain more about your free speech, it's not your folder or forum, server, webspace, or bandwidth...so it's not your problem.

Drew2
01-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Wow let's bump a thread that's over a year old!

Alterations (and rules about them) are cool.

[Edited on 1-11-2005 by Tayre]

01-10-2005, 09:01 AM
You should like... bump a thread or something. DAMNIT YOU BEAT ME TO IT.!

Nieninque
01-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Ranad should go and find something else to do.

Two posts.

Both bizarre.

(please dont delete this for being off topic artha ;) )

Latrinsorm
01-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by LordRanad
Wow, let's make a mountain out of a molehill, please!An utterly useless talent is still a talent. :smilegrin:
Look at it this way, nobody wants to be trying to decipher the strange way that these posts work when there's 5 seperate topics on the same threadI have not once ever seen 5 topics in one thread. The most I've seen is 3, which is exceedingly rare.
Complain more about your free speech, it's not your folder or forum, server, webspace, or bandwidth...so it's not your problem. At the time (and I know you're not aware of this, not your fault) there was a huge shift towards mods putting up specific rules in their respective folders (hence Artha's Harmnone reference). So while it's easy to sit here, look back a year, and say "Oh jeez, Latrinsorm sure overreacted", it's even easier to say "Wow, Artha's character still has a purse".

Fengus
01-10-2005, 05:32 PM
These forums are only half as fun as they were a year ago.

Artha
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, about those rules...

I don't really care anymore. Just don't have [beef-wellington] colored trousers and we'll get along fine.

Drew
01-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
So while it's easy to sit here, look back a year, and say "Oh jeez, Latrinsorm sure overreacted", it's even easier to say "Wow, Artha's character still has a purse".

Haha, priceless.

Miss X
01-11-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Artha
Yeah, about those rules...

I don't really care anymore. Just don't have [beef-wellington] colored trousers and we'll get along fine.

You might not care, but I do! ;) I say we clamp down on free speech completely!!!

Latrinsorm
01-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Miss X vs. the PC

Drew2
01-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Fengus is right for once.

These boards were much funner/more interesting about a year ago.

They've sucked big time lately.

01-11-2005, 10:35 AM
What the FUCK does this have to do with the thread in subject? Morons.

Die non-fatally. :grouphug:

Alterations are the bizzomb. This is on-topic.

[Edited on 1-11-2005 by Stanley Burrell]

Drew2
01-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Since when does anyone stay on topic?

Haha my posts are on topic now and yours isn't. You're a hypocrite.

01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
Since when does anyone stay on topic?

Way to lack reading comprehension of emoticons demonstrating my sarcasm. L0S3R.

HAHaaa, I smoke crack, just joking guy,

Alters are still the bizzomb.

[Edited on 1-11-2005 by Stanley Burrell]

Drew2
01-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Way to still be off topic.

01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
J00 ARE PWND BY THE EDIT BUTTON.

Also, :heart: alters, I am on-topic.

DeV
01-11-2005, 10:47 AM
You both need to have your brains altered.

Also, I'm on topic.

<3