PDA

View Full Version : Official: Premium Point Enchanting/Padding of High Enchant Permanent Resistance Armor

Fallen
11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Boo. Wont apply to most, just a warning to others.
----

Armor with (permanent) resistances and an enchant greater than 7x may not be further enhanced with premium points. So items above those restrictions cannot be padded with points.

-Hunter

Danical
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Lame.

Kitsun
11-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Yikes.

Fallen
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
So the best you can hope to make a permanent resistance item that was < 7x Enchant is 7x HCP with ranger resistances if low enough armor class.

Otherwise, if it is 8x and above and not already padded, you cannot add padding once this service is done, OR have it further enchanted. Rather shitty, IMO. If you have the god damn points, why not be able to use them? There is already a 1k surcharge for permanent resistance armors when enchanting/padding.

Donquix
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM
oh no...the extra 15 defense on these items was BREAKING THE GAME

Fallen
11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Well, it is the fact that someone who had permanent resistances added to 8x-10x armor now cannot have it padded, AND someone who had said resistances added to 8x-9x cannot get that last 1/2 enchants, or have it padded. This was not known prior to the service being offered.

Whether you think HCP is no big deal for armor, a lot of other people will.

Fallen
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
If you have armor you want padded, submit it. We can find workarounds, whether it be surcharges or whatnot. It really depends on the item.

Submit it to get an estimate. :)

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-06-2007, 04:38 PM
So there's still hope for my 5x, incredible crit padded, 12 lb, full plate to get resistances added, but not for someone with 8x resistant armor to get heavy crit padding?

Seems a tad off, I agree.

Fallen
11-10-2007, 05:34 PM
The additional charge for Premium Point enchanting armor that Wulpen set resistances on is, in fact, the same surcharge that has existed for some time. It's not a new surprise charge, it's not a further additional charge beyond the already stated surcharge.

GM Itzel

So we're BACK at 1k Premium Point fee for such things.

Venom
11-11-2007, 11:49 PM
It seems to me if they spent half as much time adding things as they do nerfing existing items/services/spells/ect.. we'd have a lot more cool shit.\

Just my opinion.

Shari
11-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey, c'mon nerfing premium point options is MUCH more important than say...bringing out monks and savants.

Sthrockmorton
11-11-2007, 11:58 PM
It seems to me if they spent half as much time adding things as they do nerfing existing items/services/spells/ect.. we'd have a lot more cool shit.\

Just my opinion.

Adding stuff can be very detrimental to the game if you're not careful and meticulous about every little thing you add.

That being said, I naturally like having more things added than being nerfed. But be assured they don't do nerf or add anything without quite a bit of research. To everyone's surprise they DO keep the general population in mind when doing things.

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 09:58 AM
No actually every GM hates every player and specifically designs every change to make our playing experience as miserable as possible. DUH. When Warden holds a GM meeting he always starts off with "hey guys let's start working on monks" which causes the room to DISSOLVE in fiendish laughter, then they high five each other while they piss directly into somebody's cornflakes. OBVIOUSLY.

Rinualdo
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
See? I knew Lantrin knew much more then any non-GM actually could. You're really Warden aren't you?

Latrinsorm
11-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Let's see, I do have an intense and self-contradictory hatred for everything fun. Yep, must be! Leibniz' Law strikes again!

Methais
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
oh no...the extra 15 defense on these items was CAUSING SOME PEOPLE TO HAVE MORE FUN!

Fixed.

Methais
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Adding stuff can be very detrimental to the game if you're not careful and meticulous about every little thing you add.

That being said, I naturally like having more things added than being nerfed. But be assured they don't do nerf or add anything without quite a bit of research. To everyone's surprise they DO keep the general population in mind when doing things.

If they keep the general population in mind when nerfing shit, then why has the playerbase gone down so much over the years?

It's probably not because of WoW.

Everytime they nerf something, they suck a little bit more fun out of the game. And when people aren't having fun, they leave.

This is a concept that Warden could never seem to grasp.