PDA

View Full Version : Master forger trading services for scraps of high-end slabs

bluesmith
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Master of all weapon types with many, many fine weapons under my belt. I can save you the hassle of tracking down rare glyphs, etc.

A Dwarven warrior, too, so slightly more likely to produce superior results.

Make a proposal - I'd use your eonake, rolaren and golvern slabs to make the weapons of your choice.

I also have a fine selection of special hilt/haft/handle/shaft blocks from this year's Ebon Gate...in return, I'd ask for a discount on your scraps.

Drop me a PM and we can explore possibilities.

crb
11-04-2007, 04:28 PM
A Dwarven warrior, too, so slightly more likely to produce superior results.

False.

How skilled a master of forging are you when you don't even know the mechanics?

Racial/profession modifiers do not affect the percentage chance to get a good part. They merely modify the probability that you will be successful without having to rescribe your part, which, for masters, is practically 100% of the time already.

bluesmith
11-04-2007, 05:06 PM
hrrm...that's not been my understanding. I'll wait for others to weigh in on this, and i'm happy to be corrected.

I've been told that it's only stats/wounds that play into rescribe / failure...and yes, masters almost never fail.

bluesmith
11-07-2007, 12:42 PM
bump...got a success rate of 9% to 10% on making superior blade parts, not sure if this varies from the norm, but I am a dwarven warrior. as for the crafting and vising...that's a bit harder.

Martaigne
11-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Regardless of mechanics issues (half of it is hearsay anyway), Bluesmith is a pleasure to deal with and I highly recommend him to anyone needing custom forging.

Fallen
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I am fairly certain (mind you, 0 forging ranks) that profession/race comes into play during learning how to Forge, not actually producing pieces once you have your perfect hammer.

Stanley Burrell
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Off the top of my head, I am extremely positive that intuition and forging-hammer quality help facilitate learning.

Off my scalp dander, race, profession and STR + DEX bonus, as well as magical forging-hammer quality may also tie into crafting and forging with respect to best part completion. I'm not entirely certain this is the case, but I feel pretty confident that at least one or two of the above affect perfect pieces at the wheel and/or anvil. Methinks.

Makkah
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
You dumb n00bs. Use your resources:

"the only bonus you get is a small one for a high logic

This is related to a chance to learn. Not a chance to get a best piece. Hammer quality (and whether you are attuned to it), Profession, Race, Metal being forged, injuries, encumbrance, and random luck ... all play a role in getting a piece (including best). "

From Cirakin as cited on krakiipedia:

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Forging_saved_posts

bluesmith
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
As I think I implied at the top! Thanks, Makkah!

Lysander
11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I have found that race and prof does indeed matter....

bluesmith
12-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Virilineus pwn'd as a know-it-all again!