PDA

View Full Version : fist-scythe w/3 types of flares

Lynette Syrlan
11-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm looking to get an appraisal on a 4x fist-scythe. was one of the lucky ones to recieve 3 blessable flares fire/cold/and knockout. flares anywhere from once every 5-10 swings... rechargable/changable flares upon reblessing.
:help:
Syrlan

mgoddess
11-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Off-topic somewhat: how the hell do you knock someone down with a fist-scythe?!

Gordd
11-02-2007, 01:15 PM
What I'm curious to know is how do you "recharge" the knockout flare? It's my understanding that in order to get the flares in the first place, one of the correlating spells must be cast at the weapon after it's blessed. What spell is going to charge "knockout" flares?

Sthrockmorton
11-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I have an odd feeling that fist-scythe may have been one of the weapons that snuck through with illegal knock-out flares, dont be surprised if it gets re-worked..

I would say "sleep" would correllate to "knockout" flares

Donquix
11-02-2007, 02:12 PM
but how would that explain the fire/cold too?

maybe they meant knockdown flares? like unbalance? those were offered the first day if i recall.

Sthrockmorton
11-02-2007, 03:01 PM
but how would that explain the fire/cold too?

maybe they meant knockdown flares? like unbalance? those were offered the first day if i recall.

Nah, I see how you're confused.

Ironwright came and added Blessed Flares to weapons. The way it works, is you bless your weapon like you normally would, and then you take it to anyone who has access to the other spells: (major fire,major cold, or sleep in this instance). And you have them cast THAT spell at the weapon, and it adds those flares. Making it flaring and blessed. He enabled the weapons to accept multiple spells, so you can choose which one you want in it at that particular time.

The flares last just like a bless. 3x level of the person casting I think. Once the flare wears off, repeat the process, and even change spell type between the 3 you have if you want!

Donquix
11-02-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah, i'm perfectly aware of that. i was creaming myself all week over it :)

but i just didn't think he offered knockout (BONK) flares, is what i'm saying. I might just have been misinformed, but i didn't think that was an option.

But, as far as i know, he did offer unbalance (110) flares.

Sthrockmorton
11-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Ahh, gotcha, well, being that it was one of his first services (3 flares), bonk flares may have been available. He took them off as people picked them

Summertime
11-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Its unbalance flares, and you activate it with the spell unbalance.. he (Ironwright) said so several times

Drunk J
11-02-2007, 03:56 PM
And unbalance flares have been offered throughout the Fest by some merchants.

I know unbalance was an option for people who got some of the initial "illegal" knockout flares.

Lynette Syrlan
11-02-2007, 04:39 PM
The flares that i speak of are vacume... my appologies... and the recharging constists of, after the bless has run out, you rebless the weapon and cast a spell at it, like fire spirit for the fire flares major cold for the cold flares and implosion for the vacume flares .... which were described to me by ironwright as the "knockout" flares.

edited cause i cant spell for kaka

Lynette Syrlan
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
fist-sycthe has been sold... thanks