PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football advice

Drew
11-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Figured this would be a good place for us to discuss fantasy football questions with others on the board. I'll put my question below this.

Drew
11-01-2007, 02:09 AM
In my real league I've had a terrible season, I've lost a ton of my stars to injury, but I just pulled a blockbuster trade.

This is my starting lineup of players that matter:

QB:
Tom Brady

WR:
Randy Moss
Deion Branch

RB:
Edgerrin James
Jesse Chatman

WR/RB flex spot:
Shaun McDonald

This is my situation: I'm 3-5, in 8th spot, 7th is 3-5 but has more points than me. 6th is 4-4 and has more points than me. My league has a 6 team playoff so I need to play into that. I will almost certainly lose week 10 because that is Brady and Moss' bye week.

I get Andre Johnson back week 11, from then on unless something crazy happens I basically can't lose, but every victory matters to me right now. I'm terribly low at running back, and Jesse Chatman is on bye this week. I have Ahman Green but he killed me last week when Houston lied about his availability, and I lost my match by 5 points when he didn't play.

Now the crux of the issue: I can play Ahman Green or his backup but I have no trust in Houston's running game, or their honesty. I've been offered a trade for Jesse Chatman, I get Ryan Grant. DeSean Wynn is out for GB and Ryan Grant is now the starting RB for them, but GB has been terrible with the run this year and we've only seen Grant against Denver which has the worst run D in the league. But Mike McCarthy says the Pack want to run 25 times a game at least now. Chatman looks good and the Miami line looks good too. They did well against a good NYG defense, and they've been making killer holes for Ronnie Brown since week 3. The real issue is that Chatman is on bye in week 9 and Grant has already had his bye, and I really NEED to win this week. Should I give up Chatman who will likely score more this season for the win this week?

Parkbandit
11-01-2007, 08:44 AM
God.. do you have like 20 teams in your league? How did you get such a shit team?

Let's be honest.. you got Brady and Moss late (I hope) because neither were scouted to be nearly as good as they are doing. What was your first 3 picks in the draft besides Moss?

Personally? I would try and trade Brady now, while he's hot as hell. You can get at least a top rated RB and a top rated WR for just him alone. Bundle a package with Green, Brady and Branch. If you get anyone less than say Westbrook or Addai, then don't bother with it.

RichardCranium
11-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I've done well with depth. Romo is the only player I have that puts up wicked stats every week but I've gone with consistancy and it's worked so far.

QB: Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, Jon Kitna
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Lendale White, Shaun Alexander
WR: Chad Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Donte Stallworth, Bernard Berrian
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Benjamin Watson
D/ST: Ravens, Patriots
K: Jeff Wilkins, Matt Bryant

I only picked up Bryant this week to fill in for my bye. I had Ronnie Brown before he was injured, drop him to pick up Donald Lee as a TE as a fill in last week. I'll probably drop one of my kickers and possibly Ben Watson depending on how he seems to be doing with his injury and fill in whatever.

It should be noted that this is my first year I've ever played and am kind of just winging it.

Skeeter
11-01-2007, 11:25 AM
roll the dice and take grant.

Sthrockmorton
11-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Hijacking this thread and taking a quick poll for week 9:

Peyton Manning (#2 QB in the league) vs. New England
or
Derek Anderson (#3 QB in the league) vs. Seattle

Anderson has been hot lately, but Manning is consistent, and might step up his game for NE... Any thoughts?

Xaerve
11-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Derek Anderson (#3 QB in the league) vs. Seattle

Manning is going to get embarrassed.

Skeeter
11-01-2007, 11:47 AM
it will be a shoot-out. take manning. Though you can't really go wrong either way.

Latrinsorm
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Manning is going to get embarrassed.It's funny because the Colts have a better defense so far this year.

Kembal
11-01-2007, 01:08 PM
I'd expect a shootout. Go with Manning. (and damn, that's lucky having both.)

Anebriated
11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Manning has a better chance of being shut down than Anderson, so it might be a safer play to go with him. On the other hand Manning has a higher possibility of putting up major points just because hes Peyton Manning. Id take Anderson just to be on the side of caution but thats just me.

Sthrockmorton
11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I'd really like to trade one of the two for a top 30 runningback.

They're ranked 3rd and 4th in scoring in the league overall I think, but no one will give up a decent runningback.