PDA

View Full Version : 1608 Guiding Light

Outdrsyguy1
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Can anyone help me out in using this spell? How do i get a sanctified weapon? I've never dealt with weapons and undead before and i'm unclear on a lot of things. Does sanctified = permablessed? Can you sanctify any 0x store-bought weapon ex. awl-pike from the haven weapons shop? If not, where can i buy a sanctified awl-pike or lance?

Thanks

mgoddess
10-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Sanctified is perma-blessed in the hands of a paladin or a cleric.

White ora and eonake are naturally sanctified... I believe there are other weapons out there (of other materials) that have been made sanctified, but don't know for sure.

You can buy white ora (2x) weapons from the cleric shops in various towns. There's also white ora that Khaladon started releasing a few years ago that's 4x, sanctified, and scripted for paladins/clerics. Many of these can be found on playershops.com for cheap, decent, and highly expensive. (There's also various levels of locked, unlocked, and uber-white ora... this can also play into the pricing. Locked has some scripting, unlocked has more scripting, and uber-white ora has additional abilities.) Also, I believe most/all of Khaladon's white ora weapons come with plasma flares already, so you wouldn't need to 1608 them.

Insodus
10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
For 1608 you dont need sancted, it can simply be a blessed weapon. (as long as your lvl + blessing ranks > 15).

Outdrsyguy1
11-01-2007, 01:48 AM
It doesn't seem to work for me, or does it only flare on undead? i'm not near any undead right now but it never flares on regular animals.

A wave of power flows out of XXXXXX and toward an awl-pike.
A brilliant white light wraps around the awl-pike for a moment and then quickly seeps into its surface, leaving a soft white afterglow.

now i get weapon from XXXXXXX and this follows:
You gesture at an awl-pike.
A sullen violet flame burns briefly around the awl-pike, but it quickly returns to normal.
Is that a successful cast? I hit critters like 15 times and no flare....

oh, and here is play.net description... seems to imply has to be sanctified..
"1608 · Guiding Light [GLIGHT]
Duration: 50 swings

Type: Utility

A Paladin may channel her spiritual energy into a holy weapon (sanctified) adding plasma criticals, to cause it to flare up to two times against a foe. Guiding Light may even be cast upon magical sanctified weapons if the caster's Paladin Spell ranks + Spiritual Lore, Blessing ranks = 15 or greater. The plasma criticals will flare on any type of creature, but only for Paladins and Clerics who wield the holy weapon."

Paladin has 20 trains of pally circle spells fyi.

Stuck up Elf
11-01-2007, 01:57 AM
It only works on undead.

Bobmuhthol
It needs to be sancted, and "but it quickly returns to normal" is never a successful cast of anything.

Bobmuhthol
<<It only works on undead.>>

The plasma criticals will flare on any type of creature, but only for Paladins and Clerics who wield the holy weapon.

Stanley Burrell
11-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I am almost dead certain that you can 1608 sancted weapons without a lore prerequisite of any sort.

And yeah, 1604 + magical bless + 1608 = booyah.

Stuck up Elf
11-01-2007, 09:49 AM
I am almost dead certain that you can 1608 sancted weapons without a lore prerequisite of any sort.

And yeah, 1604 + magical bless + 1608 = booyah.

Yes, you do NOT need lore.

Cleric shops sell plain sancted weapons as well as white ora weapons which will hold 1608. They are the same except white ora is +10 to AS.

1608 will not work on blessed vultite or any other kind of weapon.

I did not know the flares worked on the living. I should read the play dot net site more often. Thanks Bob.

RichardCranium
11-01-2007, 10:05 AM

No lore is required to 1608 normal sanctified weapons. You can 1608 magical metals without lore too but you have to be level 15 first. As long as Levels + Blessing Lore = 15 you can 1608 magical sancted weapons.