PDA

View Full Version : Waraxe - Returns when dissarmed

GSLadyGothique
10-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Had a bit of interest in this so giving it it's own thread. TONS of other stuff listed here http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=27916

a long fang-hafted waraxe - The haft of this weapon is crafted to resemble a large ogre fang. Slightly yellowed, the hardened bone still allows a secure grip. The waraxe glows with a dim light.
Returns to your hand when disarmed, SANCTED in clerical hands, can be hurled, 4x, weighs 9, Fairly crit weighted, 94/225

You touch the crystal with one hand, your fang-hafted waraxe in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your waraxe. A silver nimbus glows for a moment around your waraxe. A green beam shoots up from your fang-hafted waraxe toward the ceiling. A low resonant note sounds, echoing through the room.

THE RT's are so high because im weighed down...

[Roll result: 177 (open d100: 68)]
XXXXX swings his black invar claidhmore at your fang-hafted waraxe and connects!
Your fang-hafted waraxe is knocked to the ground!
Roundtime: 19 sec.
Roundtime changed to 12 seconds.
>
A long fang-hafted waraxe leaps from the floor to your hand.

With deliberate force, you hurl a long fang-hafted waraxe!
You throw a long fang-hafted waraxe at XXXXX!
AS: +36 vs DS: +219 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +7 = -147
A clean miss.
The fang-hafted waraxe flies past XXXXXX, disappearing into the local environs.
Roundtime: 24 sec.

Loresong
As you sing, you feel a slight resonating vibration from the fang-hafted waraxe in your hand, and you learn more about it...
The first thing that strikes you about the waraxe is the weight, which is about 9 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth around 400000 silvers.
Roundtime: 18 sec.
As you sing, you feel a slight resonating vibration from the fang-hafted waraxe in your hand, and you learn more about it...
The waraxe is obviously a weapon built for combat. It emanates magic and will strike undead when wielded by clerical hands.
Roundtime: 17 sec.
As you sing, you feel a deeper resonating vibration from the fang-hafted waraxe in your hand, and you learn more about it...
The waraxe has about 4 enchantments. Its magic appears to be of the ARMS realm.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
You sense that the waraxe may return to its wielder when forced from her hand.
Roundtime: 21 sec.

CB 6M Faulkil BO 20M

Will be sold at midnight tonight if there are no further bids

TheEschaton
10-31-2007, 08:39 AM
It isn't a returner in the sense that if you hurl it, it returns, though?

-TheE-

StrayRogue
10-31-2007, 08:43 AM
No. It's an old school anti-disarm thing.

GSLadyGothique
10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Someone told me that you have to have thrown weapon training in order for it to return after being hurled. So I tested this.

When Gothique threw it with 1 rank in thrown weapons it did NOT dissappear into the local environs but stayed on the ground. My other character was NOT able to pick it up. So looks like it's only able to be picked up by who threw it.

When my level 21 bard threw with 44 ranks in thrown weapons it still dissappeared into the local environs.

Not sure what this means.

Still would be a good item for a cleric or the like hunting the Teras Temple or OTF.

StrayRogue
10-31-2007, 12:04 PM
I think it wasn't designed with thrown in mind. It's an old weapon. I'd bug it to get those problems with the thrown stuff sorted out, though I expect they will remove the ability for it to return after it's been thrown.

GSLadyGothique
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
It doesn't seem to have the ability to return when thrown, But it does leap back into your hand if you are dissarmed.

It was from the Promise. I found an old post here on google from Jay in Plat that listed everything auctioned.

CrystalTears
10-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah so I'd stop throwing it so that it doesn't end up far into the distance rather than the environs. :D

Tea & Strumpets
10-31-2007, 01:39 PM
When Gothique threw it with 1 rank in thrown weapons it did NOT dissappear into the local environs but stayed on the ground. My other character was NOT able to pick it up. So looks like it's only able to be picked up by who threw it.

How long after the throw did your other character try to pick it up? I thought there was some mechanic that made it impossible to pick up hurled/archery items a few seconds after they land.

GSLadyGothique
10-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Character1 was weighed down so her RT was 19 seconds, Character2 tried to pick it up for about 19 seconds, then when character1 was out of RT she picked it back up.

Hope this makes sense... I just confused myself totally

GSLadyGothique
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Going out to trick or treat with my daughter.

I'll take bids as they come in for this item. It will be considered sold to the highest bidder at midnight tonight EST. Leave bids on AIM or PM. I'll be home around 10

GSLadyGothique
10-31-2007, 10:21 PM
An hour and a half left on this!

GSLadyGothique
11-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Sold