PDA

View Full Version : Runestaffs and this weekends merchant visit

theotherjohn
12-05-2003, 06:53 PM
I have a clarification and an announcement about runestaves and this weekend's merchant visit.

To clarify, only up to +20 runestaves will be for sale via ezshop. The higher end runestaves will all be raffled.

However, we realize this is not likely to resolve the demand for higher end runestaves, so, we are currently working on the guidelines for merchants who will trade you a runestave for your shield. The trade will NOT be directly plus value for plus value. Runestaves are much more than shields are. When we have the guidelines worked out, I will post and fill you in so you have an idea of what the trade will be like. We will also post times that these merchants will be available. If the merchants are popular we will have then return frequently.

Melissa

Kitsun
12-05-2003, 07:41 PM
"* A request was made for some higher-end staves so that players may replace their current weapons and armor with some fairly nice staves. This was the primary instigator of the visit of Erithian Merchants this coming weekend." - From Melissa's GSIV Status update

I KNEW they'd do something silly like that! "Why yes, we're going to address the lack of high end runestaves with 3 really nice raffled ones." I made a post on the official boards and got completely ignored. Someone either saw it or realized that people would actually be expecting something a MORE than what you could purchase from a normal town shop on any given day.

I was actually hoping to get a 5x runestaff or something since it looks like my class will be cancelled tomorrow because of snow. Now I'm not sure what to look foward to. I *hate* raffles.

Its a good thing she made that catch early though, now I know I should draw m'bloody shields with me...

Adhara
12-05-2003, 07:51 PM
All those high-enchant shields with lousy breakage bought at discount will turn into gold.

Artha
12-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Unless breakage is taken into consideration.

Skirmisher
12-06-2003, 01:50 AM
Good point Adhara....we'll see.

Askip
12-06-2003, 10:57 AM
The extra enchants on a staff do not provide enough bonus to seem worth extra coins. 7 or 8 more DS for a 7x vs 4x staff? Woooo.

:D

Kitsun
12-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Well on the flip side, 7 offensive DS is like 14-21 more spell ranks needed to get the boost from uncapped spells. The market might be flooded with spare shields/weapons from casters that are ditching arms for runestaves so the price differential might not be quite as horrendous.