PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum flares

Donquix
10-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Does anyone have examples of these? I've tried to get a clip of them a few times and I was never able to, and with Ironwright having it as an option i'm even more curious.

Artha
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
If you can get someone attuned to air to eblade something, you can see them first hand.

Donquix
10-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I thought those were different, but i'm probably thinking void flares.

Thanks though :)

Artha
10-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I could be mistaken, but I think void and vacuum flares are just two different ways to describe the same thing, like earth and vibe flares.

AestheticDeath
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Void and vacuum/air are different.

Or so I thought.

Drew
10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
I could be mistaken, but I think void and vacuum flares are just two different ways to describe the same thing, like earth and vibe flares.

This is correct.

Drew
10-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Although the old void flares added by Stovel are far better than what you get today.

Drew
10-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Here's an example of 4 consecutive stovel void flares (meaning I didn't pick out the great ones, just took 4 in a row):

** As you hit, the edge of your eonake falchion seems to fold inward upon itself drawing everything it touches along with it! **
... 50 points of damage!
Spine and shoulders snap as they expand outward!

** As you hit, the edge of your eonake falchion seems to fold inward upon itself drawing everything it touches along with it! **
... 60 points of damage!
Internal organs erupt outward spraying violently and dies horribly!
A silverback orc curls up in the snow and dies.

... 10 points of damage!
Blood vessels in eyes burst!

... 40 points of damage!
Jugular veins erupt in twin fountains! Too bad the silverback orc needed them to live.
A silverback orc curls up in the snow and dies.

StrayRogue
10-30-2007, 02:16 PM
They were nerfed also as well?

This is just an example of the few non-stock flare damage. The old old pre-nerf immolation weapons were also imba like that.

Drew
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
That's post-nerf Stovel flares Stray. They are still very wicked.

StrayRogue
10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, still a cut above stock flares. Not as nice as they were.

Danical
10-30-2007, 02:55 PM
As soon as I get some time to improve my lich scripting skills, I can map all the elemental crit tables.

If I had a wwweeezzryd, I could do it a fuck of a lot faster.

Belnia
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I've got an imflass morning star with void flares on it if you want to borrow it for testing.

Sthrockmorton
10-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah, still a cut above stock flares. Not as nice as they were.

the multi-hued acid ones stovel did originally did an average of like 70... I'd kill for one now

Donquix
10-30-2007, 05:28 PM
the void flares seem pretty nice. though i love the disentegrate flares

/sigh...just wishful thinking probally. heh.

Celephais
10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
As soon as I get some time to improve my lich scripting skills, I can map all the elemental crit tables.

If I had a wwweeezzryd, I could do it a fuck of a lot faster.
I've got a pretty solid stock of the crit tables for wizard bolts, mostly unbalance/acid crit tables, I don't know if the blood numbers for those will match up with the crits given by their flares, but I'd be happy to help w/ any research.

Danical
10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I've got a pretty solid stock of the crit tables for wizard bolts, mostly unbalance/acid crit tables, I don't know if the blood numbers for those will match up with the crits given by their flares, but I'd be happy to help w/ any research.

Well, for starters, PM me your AIM.

We can get started in a few days.

Latrinsorm
10-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Like how we got started on that EBP research, DANIEL? :mad:

Drew
10-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Like how we got started on that EBP research, DANIEL? :mad:

He probably heard how well the redux research went. :club: