PDA

View Full Version : EG Merchant Hunter Script

Drunken Durfin
10-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I usually post my scripts for free, but this one has some potential to be REALLY helpful for the next week. It only works if you have one of the maps from the EG quest.

The maps only tell you the room name of the merchant that is working, or the name of the merchant themselves. For example:

>gaze my map
You notice that a spot on your map is pulsing. Looking at it more intently, you realize that it's the "Antiquarian Armaments" that is illuminated

The script actually gives you more useful information:

>.gaze
[Script Gaze is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>gaze my map
You notice that a spot on your map is pulsing. Looking at it more intently, you realize that it's the "Antiquarian Armaments" that is illuminated.
[Antiquarian Armaments] - - Room 47 - - a dusty limestone storefront

A second script will then take you there, should you wish to go.

Just curious if anyone would actually buy the scripts, and for how much, if I were to offer them up for sale.

Sylvan Dreams
10-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I usually post my scripts for free, but this one has some potential to be REALLY helpful for the next week. It only works if you have one of the maps from the EG quest.

The maps only tell you the room name of the merchant that is working, or the name of the merchant themselves. For example:

>gaze my map
You notice that a spot on your map is pulsing. Looking at it more intently, you realize that it's the "Antiquarian Armaments" that is illuminated

The script actually gives you more useful information:

>.gaze
[Script Gaze is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>gaze my map
You notice that a spot on your map is pulsing. Looking at it more intently, you realize that it's the "Antiquarian Armaments" that is illuminated.
[Antiquarian Armaments] - - Room 47 - - a dusty limestone storefront

A second script will then take you there, should you wish to go.

Just curious if anyone would actually buy the scripts, and for how much, if I were to offer them up for sale.

What would prevent someone from "buying" it, then posting it?

Drunken Durfin
10-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Integrity?

Sthrockmorton
10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
I Made one myself, I'm curious to know what people would pay for something like this

Martaigne
10-27-2007, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't pay for it, but I'm not so lazy I can't use Nilandia's page, and the map to walk there. The grounds are a triple circle.

Drunken Durfin
10-27-2007, 03:45 PM
It's not so much about laziness, it is more about speed. The first one there has a better shot of getting work done. By the time someone working off of maps and Nilandia's site figures out where to go and how to get there, I have been sitting in the room for quite a bit of time.

Donquix
10-27-2007, 03:49 PM
if the merchant is on the map, the room is likely close to full already.

Tight lipped GMs at their finest :-P

Drunken Durfin
10-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I have gotten three merchant services so far and not one tip off from a GM or anyone that knows one.

Sthrockmorton
10-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I have gotten three merchant services so far and not one tip off from a GM or anyone that knows one.

Exactly what he said, and all because I got there quickly. It's just a matter of checking my map frequently, and being able to get there quickly.

I don't personally know a single GM.

Although, how frustrating was it tryin ta find Sealun's cottage today Durfin?

Drunken Durfin
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Had to highlight the damn thing in red and wander around. Finding it was frustrating enough, but to get there and realize that there was not anything being done that I wanted was really annoying.