PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Montgomery Ought to be Executed...

Clove
10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Jury: Lisa Montgomery should be executed
By JOHN SHULTZ
The Kansas City Star

Jurors unanimously agreed today that Lisa Montgomery should be put to death for killing Bobbie Jo Stinnett and stealing her unborn daughter nearly three years ago...

Continued at:
http://www.kansascity.com/679/story/334555.html

I guess jurors in Missouri are unanimously "immoral". Personally this case would teeter on the line for me (were I a juror in it). I would much rather see her serve life in prison doing mandatory hard labor.

Drew2
10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I CAST A MAGICAL BARRIER ON THIS THREAD THAT SHIELDS IT FROM ESCHATON'S RETARDED EYES.

Ding dong the witch is (/will be) dead.

CrystalTears
10-26-2007, 04:24 PM
THE ENTIRE JURY IS IMMORAL! Execute them too! Er wait... uh...

Clove
10-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I CAST A MAGICAL BARRIER ON THIS THREAD THAT SHIELDS IT FROM ESCHATON'S RETARDED EYES.

Ding dong the witch is (/will be) dead.

THE ENTIRE JURY IS IMMORAL! Execute them too! Er wait... uh...

You guys are so bad... funny, but bad.

Some Rogue
10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Send them to reeducation camp....

Clove
10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Send them to reeducation camp....

Morality Adjustment Camp?

Some Rogue
10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Morality Adjustment Camp?

Isn't that called Law School?

Clove
10-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Good point, I never did specify the direction of the "morality adjustment'.

:thinking:

CrystalTears
10-26-2007, 04:36 PM
:rofl:

diethx
10-26-2007, 04:38 PM
lol @ this entire thread thus far.

<3 for the "immoral" jurors and their decision.

Jorddyn
10-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Can't I disagree with the death penalty, but not find someone immoral for agreeing with it?

And yes, cases like this certainly make me think about my stance on the death penalty.

CrystalTears
10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm against the death penalty too, but I realize that in very few instances, it's a necessary evil.

diethx
10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Can't I disagree with the death penalty, but not find someone immoral for agreeing with it?

You most certainly can. Unless TheEschaton says so. And then you can't, and should be ashamed of yourself. And should face the corner for time out.

Jorddyn
10-26-2007, 04:44 PM
You most certainly can. Unless TheEschaton says so. And then you can't, and should be ashamed of yourself. And should face the corner for time out.

Wouldn't be the first time... today.

StrayRogue
10-26-2007, 04:45 PM

And yes, cases like this certainly make me think about my stance on the death penalty.

Totally agree.

Clove
10-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm against the death penalty too, but I realize that in very few instances, it's a necessary evil.

Doh! Playing into the E's hands

Gan
10-26-2007, 06:01 PM
:clap:

Looks like this meets my criteria for the death penalty.

Now, how should she be executed?
I think lethal injection is too kind.

Firing squad by .22 (with no head shots allowed)
Burning at the stake.
Drawn and quartering.
Hanging
Stoning
Drowning
Gas Chamber
Electric Chair
Dragging behind pickup truck through town (a large town)
Pushed from a helicopter with no parachute
Tied to a fire ant mound and covered with honey

Drew
10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
What The E blow up did I miss? He said anyone who votes for the death penalty is immoral?

diethx
10-26-2007, 07:00 PM
What The E blow up did I miss? He said anyone who votes for the death penalty is immoral?

Basically.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=27968

TheEschaton
10-26-2007, 08:14 PM
And....it is. ;)

Necessary evil, interesting terminology, CT. ;)

Edit: and to clarify, all I said was that the death penalty is immoral, not voting for it. Though I would think twice about calling people who could judge someone to death as agents for good in the world. There is all sorts of societal and peer pressure involved in this, though.

Gan
10-26-2007, 09:52 PM
There is all sorts of societal and peer pressure involved in this, though.

Not that society has anything to do with laws, including sentencing laws, including the death penalty...

Sean of the Thread
10-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Firing squad by estranged husband or loved one via as many .410 gauge squirrelly shots as needed.

People may start thinking twice if they had to endure that punishment.

Gan
10-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Ooooh, I forgot 12 guage rocksalt rounds.

Parkbandit
10-27-2007, 12:38 AM

Wait.. this bitch came into someone's home.. killed a very pregnant woman.. cut her open and stole her fetus.. and you somehow think this should change your stance on the death penalty? Were you against it before?

Personally.. it reaffirms my stance. This cunt needs to burn on a faulty electric chair.. suffer while her flesh burns and she loses control of all her bodily functions.. then slowly dies a miserable death.

Ilvane
10-27-2007, 06:19 AM
I tend to agree that killing someone for killing someone kind of seems ironic.

That being said, there are some monsters in the world that absolutely deserve the death penalty.

Angela

Sean of the Thread
10-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Now now guys. We need to hug her as many times as it takes to rehabilitate her. All she is really guilty of is taking Pro-Choice a little too literal.

Clove
10-27-2007, 08:49 AM
As I said before I'm on the line with this one. I'm skeptical about the possible rehabilitation of any person who would calculate and execute (no pun intended) this sort of crime. Clearly there is something not right about her and she should never be free again.

The weight of the rare instances I'm in favor of capital punishment falls upon unquestionable guilt (which we have here) the potential danger that person presents to society (as demonstrated by the crime) and finally the likelihood of rehabilitation.

If a person is not rehabilitated and has demonstrated a willingness and ability to cause terrible damage to society, then I can't see any responsible alternative but execution. It's the only certain means to remove them from society. This is why I have no qualms executing serial murderers.

Guilt is undeniable.
It's pretty unlikely the bitch will be rehabilitated
I'm not so sure how much damage she's at risk of committing. It seems unlikely she's going to escape from jail and start ripping babies out of women.

I lean towards a life in prison of hard, hard labor. We need to find her a large walled in park in Alaska to shovel clear of snow all winter and then 10 or 20 acres of Alabama hayfield to mow in the summer. Something miserable, and pointless, so she can taste a little of what the family of her victims have suffered.

Kyra231
10-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Hopefully they execute her quickly in case she manages to get a lawyer & an appeal who gets her into an insanity plea.

Then our tax $ will pay for her to grow old in an institution, at a certain age she will be released into a nursing home where she will be coddled by staff & taken care of according to standards & at the end of her life she will be enrolled in hospice to make sure SHE doesn't suffer while dying. Just fucking sick.

~K.

RichardCranium
10-27-2007, 09:38 AM
^^

ElanthianSiren
10-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Hopefully they execute her quickly in case she manages to get a lawyer & an appeal who gets her into an insanity plea.

Then our tax $ will pay for her to grow old in an institution, at a certain age she will be released into a nursing home where she will be coddled by staff & taken care of according to standards & at the end of her life she will be enrolled in hospice to make sure SHE doesn't suffer while dying. Just fucking sick.

~K.

x2. I'm still waiting for the guy that killed my two friends to get the shot. I think that's far too kind too. I gotta go with Dahmer style in cases where someone admits/DNA testing proves them guilty.

RichardCranium
10-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Did she kill the woman first and then cut the baby out or did she just lay her open, take the baby and leave her to die?

Clove
10-27-2007, 10:41 AM

~K.

Her defense was an insanity plea and the jury rejected it. They have to allow her access to the appeal process.

TheEschaton
10-27-2007, 10:55 AM
I am more than slightly disturbed at all of you who express a desire to do it yourself, and/or for her to suffer.

As to Clove's three points: I think the one I'm least sold on is the "danger to society" prong. I think solitary confinement for the rest of her life is going to render her incapable, and probably do more harm to herself than anything. She's not a completely disassociated psychopath who could handle SC with no problem, she's obviously someone who wanted some sort of attention and would wither away in solitary confinement.

-TheE-

ElanthianSiren
10-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I lack sympathy for murderers/pedophiles/rapists. It's a "character flaw", but I'm fine with it.

There's a word in science for an organism which flourishes to another's detriment: Parasite, and we don't show much sympathy for bacteria/viruses with a deadly track record when we obliterate them.

Sean of the Thread
10-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Especially ones with diabetes.

Poor souls.

ElanthianSiren
10-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Especially ones with diabetes.

Poor souls.

What's your point?

You think diabetes is bacterial/viral?

Sean of the Thread
10-27-2007, 11:25 AM
No I just feel sorry for them. It's a genetic flaw handed down from GOD AND FOR A REASON!

ElanthianSiren
10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Who is them?

diethx
10-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Who is them?

Why are you trying to find logic in his twattery?

ElanthianSiren
10-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Why are you trying to find logic in his twattery?

I'm not. :) I think most of us recognize there isn't any, but it's saturday, so why not amuse yourself on boards here for our amusement?

Sean of the Thread
10-27-2007, 11:32 AM
What's your point?

You think diabetes is bacterial/viral?

No obviously I was only pulling your leg. I think the Indians were bacterial and or viral.

Sean of the Thread
10-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm not. :) I think most of us recognize there isn't any, but it's saturday, so why not amuse yourself on boards here for our amusement?

Exactly the reason I'm doing it myself :)

Always fun to jive with Mel. One of our more intelligent posters.

Clove
10-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I am more than slightly disturbed at all of you who express a desire to do it yourself, and/or for her to suffer.

As to Clove's three points: I think the one I'm least sold on is the "danger to society" prong.

I don't know why. Someone who kills a person in the act of armed robbery while a dangerous person is in my opinion much less dangerous than someone who selects and kills multiple strangers, or someone willing to blow up a bridge full of people. Part of it is the demonstrated willingness and ability to inflict wide-scale harm and part of it is the motivation (which also ties to rehabilitation in my opinion). People like serial murderers and saboteurs present a greater threat because IMO there is little doubt they are enemies to society and nearly if not entirely incapable of being rehabilitated.

Of course there are grey areas in other cases of murder and I'm not sure what sort of tests I would suggest for them; but serial murder and public sabotage are two classes of murder fall clearly into the capital punishment realm for me.

I think solitary confinement for the rest of her life is going to render her incapable, and probably do more harm to herself than anything. She's not a completely disassociated psychopath who could handle SC with no problem, she's obviously someone who wanted some sort of attention and would wither away in solitary confinement.

-TheE-

Very strange opinion. I didn't think any of us here have the information or expertise to determine how crazy or capable she is. We know the jury didn't find her not-guilty by insanity and that she's capable of killing a woman for her infant.