PDA

View Full Version : An idiot learns a new trick.. and still blows.

Parkbandit
12-06-2003, 11:26 PM
[Town Square, Small Park]
A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. You also see the orange Valqon disk, the Enormis disk, a black cat (prone), a blue-black cougar and the fiery red Krenith disk.
Also here: Lady Cadiva, Cehlelle, Tellian, Cadder, Valqon, Nimbil, Zetara, Strezze, Enormis (sitting), Raiyka, Soric (sitting), Thudir, Destrau (sitting), Lord Krenith, Synapticus, Lady Twyllyte, Kayliegh, Hots, Striden, Massiveman, Dadontus (kneeling), Tallimus, Dreamlock (prone), Lady Darmaline, Valiren, Drijien (sitting)
Obvious paths: north, south, west

Lord Warclaidhm just arrived.

You reach into Warclaidhm's pockets and pull out 60 silvers.

You couldn't find anything worth taking. Maybe you should offer Warclaidhm a donation instead.

Warclaidhm put a crystal amulet in his yellow sack.

You reach into Warclaidhm's yellow sack and pull out a crystal amulet.

You begin to watch Warclaidhm intently out of the corner of your eyes, while trying not to be too obvious about it.

Warclaidhm pulls a heavy black fur-lined greatcloak around himself tightly, obscuring most of his form.

You couldn't find anything worth taking. Maybe you should offer Warclaidhm a donation instead.

You notice Warclaidhm reach into Croak's heavy backpack and pull out some cactacae spine.

You tiptoe north.

go gate
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
The muted sounds of loud bartering from within Wehnimer's Landing, and the lonely calls of a pair of mated fenvaoks high up in the air vie for your attention as you march along the outer western edge of the town. You also see a town guard and a large wooden gate.
Obvious paths: north, south
accuse Warclaidhm listens attentively to your plea before saying, "There isn't enough to go on against Warclaidhm, Falgrin. I'm afraid I can't help you."

You mutter.

sneak s
A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. You also see the scorched Ferrul disk, the fiery red Krenith disk, the Warclaidhm disk, a field mouse (sitting) and a black cat (sleeping).
Also here: Karisto, Thurgard, Eklinaar, Ferrul, Apprentice Holly, Fanon, Lord Krenith, Striden, Croak, Senko, Lord Warclaidhm, Xanus (sitting), Tellian, Barzelan, Journeywoman Vallkyrie (kneeling), Serpentine, Kipastil (sitting), Lady Cadiva, Zetara, Thudir, Dreamlock (prone), Lady Darmaline
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You begin to watch Warclaidhm intently out of the corner of your eyes, while trying not to be too obvious about it.

You reach into Warclaidhm's yellow sack and pull out some cactacae spine.

Warclaidhm grins at Croak.

Warclaidhm put some cactacae spine in his yellow sack.

You reach into Warclaidhm's yellow sack and pull out some cactacae spine.

Warclaidhm drops some ambrominas leaf.

Lord Warclaidhm just went north.

[Wehnimer's, South Ring Rd.]
The quiet of the moonlit street is broken by the sound of metal bouncing against metal. From one small storefront comes the sound of a lilting melody being picked out on a lute. You also see a pretty flower girl and an ornate wrought iron gate.
Obvious paths: north, east, northwest

>e[Wehnimer's, Cheridin Ave.]
The broad avenue intersects here with the narrower byway connecting to the bazaar to the west, where occasional sounds of distant revelry rise from the lamplit streets. You also see the town constable.
accuse Warclaidhm listens impatiently to your plea before saying, "No, no...nothing I can do for you. Stop trying to get Warclaidhm in trouble, and stop bothering me. Good day."

sneak s
A small, shaded park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bright lamplight from the square filtering through the passage to the north to illuminate the area with a soft glow. You also see the fiery red Krenith disk, a field mouse (sitting) and a black cat (sleeping).
Also here: Shakrean, Godyva, Maudilia (sitting), Striden, Minoan, Lord Izengarder, Darkward (kneeling), Karisto, Quartex, Eiderfleur, Thurgard, Apprentice Holly, Fanon, Lord Krenith, Xanus (sitting), Tellian, Barzelan, Journeywoman Vallkyrie (kneeling), Kipastil (sitting), Lady Cadiva, Zetara, Dreamlock (prone)

You notice Warclaidhm reach into Coffie's werebear skin backpack and pull out an iron wand.

You reach into Warclaidhm's yellow sack and pull out an iron wand.

Warclaidhm put an iron wand in his yellow sack.

You reach into Warclaidhm's yellow sack and pull out an iron wand.

You reach into Warclaidhm's pockets and pull out 116 silvers.

You reach into Warclaidhm's pockets and pull out nothing.

Warclaidhm pulls a heavy black fur-lined greatcloak around himself tightly, obscuring most of his form.

Lord Warclaidhm just went north.

Warclaidhm appears to have given you the slip!

You notice Warclaidhm reach into Spenster's pockets.

You reach into Warclaidhm's pockets and pull out nothing.

Warclaidhm removes a gold ring from in his travel pouch.

Warclaidhm slides an intricate gold and brass ring on his finger.

Suddenly Warclaidhm vanishes!

Stunseed
12-06-2003, 11:39 PM
In a Park/TC situation with large amounts of folks, how many ranks of pickpocket would you say makes it worth it to play around? My Cleric's getting pretty high up there, just wanted to get a ballpark number.

Love you Jolena!

GSLeloo
12-06-2003, 11:40 PM
lol... Note to self: Don't go to the park.

Kurili
12-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Wichurana goes to the park. She keeps her containers very tightly closed, and carries a few coins for the Owner of the park. Paying taxes, sort of.

Acolyte Kurili

Kitsun
12-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Gemstone Account: 11.99 a month
Access to PC: Free
Watching Warclaidhm get pwnd: Priceless

Drew2
12-06-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
Wichurana goes to the park. She keeps her containers very tightly closed, and carries a few coins for the Owner of the park. Paying taxes, sort of.

Acolyte Kurili

WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY THAT AGAIN???

Artha
12-07-2003, 01:48 AM
I do just fine in the park with 50 ranks.

I've been caught once, when I was taking my chances anyway.

Parkbandit
12-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Artha
I do just fine in the park with 50 ranks.

I've been caught once, when I was taking my chances anyway.

Find your own park!

Parkbandit
12-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
lol... Note to self: Don't go to the park.

Not that bad... I normally only take from those that have shown ignorance in the past.

Warclaidhm is the poster child for that.

Artha
12-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Find your own park!

You weren't around!

And besides, TC is sancted.

Xcalibur
12-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Warclaidhm stealing... and warning interaction people that steal from him...

Seriously he is reaching the point of having no dignity at all (when begging gms to borrow money.. ouch)

Kurili
12-07-2003, 11:52 AM
No Tayre, you caught me at a time when I had a whole lot going on outside of the game. I am very careful now, I had no idea thieving had changed so much. In-game, may I say, I dont miss you even slightly.

Acolyte Kurili

StrayRogue
12-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Arn does good in the Park and he has 30 ranks. Of course he often doesn't try to conceal the fact he's a bad thief.

Kurili
12-07-2003, 11:53 AM
And...what ignorance, may I ask, Bandit?

Acolyte Kurili

Parkbandit
12-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
And...what ignorance, may I ask, Bandit?

Acolyte Kurili

Does there have to be a type? Any ignorance is license to steal with Falgrin. He has no such liability and looks down upon those that do.

Kurili
12-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Ahhh, the mere ignorance of being. Of existing. :-)

Just teasin you know.

Acolyte Kurili

Stunseed
12-07-2003, 03:28 PM
My Cleric's in Mule, with 23 ranks. Mainly someone else has gotten me hooked into the ideas of pickpocketing. I don't plan on making it my life's interest, just something to enjoy in spare time. Being a Voln monster is more his style.

Love you Jolena!

Chadj
12-08-2003, 03:40 PM
I steal in the park all the time. 54 ranks :)

Parkbandit
12-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
I steal in the park all the time. 54 ranks :)

Don't let Falgrin catch you. He despises amateurs and believes them to be almost ultra-ignorant.

Chadj
12-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Heh, being an amateur is fun.. I make lots! But, im putting it back to normal sometime tonight... Really detracts from hunting.

DeV
12-08-2003, 04:06 PM
I really hate active thieves in game that dont know how to roleplay.. after I first caught Aone stealing from me he ran like a little bitch. I cursed his ass out through the net.. private thoughts. Then we ended up being somewhat civil with each other..but still. If your willing to steal, be willing to get your ass fried. Its a give and take thing.

Parkbandit
12-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
I really hate active thieves in game that dont know how to roleplay.. after I first caught Aone stealing from me he ran like a little bitch. I cursed his ass out through the net.. private thoughts. Then we ended up being somewhat civil with each other..but still. If your willing to steal, be willing to get your ass fried. Its a give and take thing.

Huh? First sentance you say that you hate it when thieves don't roleplay.. and the fourth line, you simply wish the caught thief to stand there so you can fry his ass?

Running when you are caught IS A ROLEPLAY. Sure, it's frustrating as hell for the person that was stolen from, but I can't think of a more in character method of escape than running... can you?

How in character would it be for Falgrin... knowing he just got caught and facing an opponent that can easily beat him to a pulp to just shrug his shoulders and say "Well lad, ya got me clean n fair. Jes go 'ead an blas me outta me boots. I won' move a inch."

Parkbandit
12-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
Heh, being an amateur is fun.. I make lots! But, im putting it back to normal sometime tonight... Really detracts from hunting.

Tell me about it! I haven't leveled in ages.

StrayRogue
12-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Hell, I run. I also taunt them every chance I can get on the net, in person etc. Just because you catch me doesn't mean I am A) going to give you your stuff back and B) let you kill me.

DeV
12-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Good points ParkBandit.. i still hate your thieving ass's... ::shrug:: doesnt take away from that. but i dont have that problem anymore.. so ah well.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by DarkelfVold]

Parkbandit
12-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Good points ParkBandit.. i still hate your thieving asse's... ::shrug:: doesnt take away from that.

It's all good. Would you really like to play a game where you loved everyone? How boring would that be??

Artha
12-08-2003, 05:21 PM

Oh, hey, you're Voldermort!

I didn't run, I hid and I taunted you. Aone knows he can't stand to spells, and he knows sorcerers don't swing much. If you really want to know why I started stealing from you, it's because your name is fucking Voldermort. Also, I'd like to point out I never run. In most cases, if cought, I'll slip into hiding and see how the person reacts. If they say 'I want to kill you so come out!' I'll leave. Aone's not dieing for a gem, unless there's more than one and the proceeds can pay for the deed. Saying 'asshole' (which I remember you doing :lol:) doesn't really scream out "Please stick around, I want to RP with you!" so it was mostly just the taunting, rather than the 'But I'm poor and need to eat, and the scawwy critters might hurt me!' story.

DeV
12-08-2003, 05:26 PM
hahahahahahahah you did run BITCH...!!!!! I even challeneged your ass to come and fight me even. OMG.. dont FRONT!. its all good though.. and your names FUCKING AONE.. although original, A OWN E who cares?

HarmNone
12-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Personally, I would expect a thief caught stealing to high-tail it. I would expect to have to chase them down. I would certainly not expect them to simply stand around and allow me to kill them once I caught them.

I would also not expect them to 1) "disappear" by logging off 2) warn me against interaction 3) whine all over the thought net because they were caught , or 4) come to these message boards and whine about it.

What I would expect is a good opportunity for roleplay involving a very angry "mark" and a very nervous thief. :D

HarmNone had a few encounters with good thieves

Artha
12-08-2003, 05:29 PM
hahahahahahahah you did run BITCH...!!!!! I even challeneged your ass to come and fight me even. OMG.. dont FRONT!. its all good though.. and your names FUCKING AONE.. although original, A OWN E

I did not run!

As for Aone's name...I can't believe you didn't make the (unintended, I promise) steak sauce connection.

who cares?

Not really me, anymore...though bad names are the first to get stolen from and usually ignored.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Artha]

Drew2
12-08-2003, 05:30 PM
BTW, Aone is right.

You were an excellent mark. I WISH you would have caught me. I <3 Bone shatter.

DeV
12-08-2003, 05:31 PM
not you artha.. Tayre. AONE..connection. I dont pay attention. ::shrug:: Hey, he stole from me.. why am I the dumbass.

Drew2
12-08-2003, 05:33 PM
hahahahahahahah you did run BITCH...!!!!! I even challeneged your ass to come and fight me even. OMG.. dont FRONT!. its all good though.. and your names FUCKING AONE.. although original, A OWN E who cares?

Please Take your contribution to www.klaive.com/forums

StrayRogue
12-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Why are you the dumbass? Because you didn't catch him most likely.

Parkbandit
12-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Hey, he stole from me.. why am I the dumbass.

That in itself answers your stupid question.

Drew2
12-08-2003, 05:36 PM
why do I have to make you happy?
You have a lot to learn. :no:

DeV
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
nah I caught him.. and he hid. What can I say. He was a good thief. Still the fact remains. Everyone in the game almost must be a dumbass, im sure weve all been stolen from at some point. I was level 5 at the time. Nothing much I could do. Now, is a different story.

Drew2
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Yes, now you have a larger ass to get handed to you.

Artha
12-08-2003, 05:39 PM
oh, and I dont pronunce his name A 1.

Good, neither do I.

(hard A) - own is how I go with it.

Xcalibur
12-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Voldermort wasn't klaive's character?

DeV
12-08-2003, 05:47 PM
damn.. first you call me a dumbass. then you say Im Klaive.. who I dont even know who that person is.
Thats like saying

Tayre is Amberain

ANYWAY dont be all bitchy.. im just trying to have fun.

Drew2
12-08-2003, 05:55 PM
I deleted my posts because this is turning into an AIM conversation and that's lame.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Tayre]

Chelle
12-08-2003, 06:45 PM
To put it back on topic. I would like to say that I enjoyed robbing Warclaidhm blind with my little rogue. :D

Chadj
12-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Funniest thread for a while :lol: and by the way, remind me to re-train in pickpocketing, and rob Warc blind :)

Chelle
12-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Chadj saw me robbing Warclaidhm blind. Ivyleigh was me! I didn't steal from you Chadj, though. :D

Artha
12-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Warclaidhm is definately fun to rob blind.

Betheny
12-08-2003, 08:31 PM
What the FUCK?!

Chadj
12-08-2003, 10:14 PM
You were Ivy? You are my hero!

Tsa`ah
12-09-2003, 01:51 AM
You'll notice this thread a full 1/3 lighter.

I'm not sending U2Us out over chat room antics.

To Artha and Park, your posts were only deleted because they were in reference to deleted posts.

Topic, stick to it.

Parkbandit
12-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
You'll notice this thread a full 1/3 lighter.

I'm not sending U2Us out over chat room antics.

To Artha and Park, your posts were only deleted because they were in reference to deleted posts.

Topic, stick to it.

Bastard! You actually prevented my thoughtful and insightful posts from getting to my growing fan base!? How dare you!

Des ka
12-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Err yeah actually I did get my ass whooped. I stole from drizzsdt in the east tower and well .. the rest is self explanatory ..

bah, I cant find the log. But he slept me really bad cause he saw I was trying to steal from him, he then dragged me to nymph road ( i couldnt type group close bceause you cant when your asleep apparently) and he swung a longsword at me at 511 AS and my DS was like 96. It did a stun but a minor to my leg. Then he chuckled I got up and left. Soon after I found myself in the jail cell (he probably reported me)

But really, he sucks with a longsword. Longsword are so weak, its incredible. It was over a 500 end roll and it did a minor to my leg. If he was smart he'd swing a real weapon like a waraxe.

DeV
12-10-2003, 05:14 PM
anyone sucks with a longsword... they are worse than short swords.

Artha
12-10-2003, 05:16 PM
(he probably reported me)

He accused you, stupid.

But really, he sucks with a longsword. Longsword are so weak, its incredible. It was over a 500 end roll and it did a minor to my leg. If he was smart he'd swing a real weapon like a waraxe.

Attrition + plate + OHE + leg shot = not much damage.

Parkbandit
12-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey Warclaidhm.. did you ever figure out that I was robbing you blind? I was laughing my ass off, because I saw you so many times.. and you never noticed me.

I'm STILL PISSED the constable didn't listen to me. Stealing you blind and then having your ass thrown in jail for stealing would have been the coup de gracy.

Parkbandit
12-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Des ka

If I ever needed a reason to switch from OHE to another weapon class.. it's this statement right here. I want to know that when I pull out my weapon, I'm going to make the other player say "Damn, that hurt".

Latrinsorm
12-10-2003, 06:26 PM
anyone sucks with a longsword... they are worse than short swords.

Entirely false. Longswords have much better AvD and DF against everything.

DeV
12-10-2003, 11:19 PM
they are the worst weapon i have ever used.. they may have AvD and DF, but the offense and the hits are horrible.

Kriztian
12-11-2003, 04:25 AM
"But really, he sucks with a longsword. Longsword are so weak, its incredible. It was over a 500 end roll and it did a minor to my leg. If he was smart he'd swing a real weapon like a waraxe. "

He swung a longsword because he was playing with you. Drizzsdt swings twohanders and brawls as well. You got off lucky.

Tsoran
12-11-2003, 07:37 AM

I'm fairly certain he was aiming for your leg on purpose. If he wanted to kill you, he would have. He showed that he can incapacitate you and take you out to where he can kill you without getting thrown in jail himself. His actual ability to kill you shouldn't be in doubt.

That was a warning.

In my opinion, Drizzsdt is possibly the worst mark in the game (assuming you don't want to get caught). Besides being insanely old, he's always been well trained in the thieving skills, both in terms of mechanics and tactics.

Parkbandit
12-11-2003, 07:47 AM
I agree... though I would question Drizzsdts mind sometimes. You have the perfect opportunity to kill an idiot.. and you don't take advantage of it?

Damn.. I need to give him a couple lessons.

Tsoran
12-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I agree... though I would question Drizzsdts mind sometimes. You have the perfect opportunity to kill an idiot.. and you don't take advantage of it?

Damn.. I need to give him a couple lessons.

Maybe because with DR turned off, there's no disadvantage to being killed? Left like that, at least he has a wound that has to be healed. If he kills him, he departs and comes back fully healed, with no penalty.

Parkbandit
12-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Silly, you kill them.. flask them quickly.. and let them stew for 10 minutes.

In the meantime, you rob them blind.

So much to teach...

Parkbandit
12-11-2003, 09:13 AM
And by the way Tsoran.. it's nice seeing you post here. I hope you can call this board your home.

JustMe
12-11-2003, 09:17 AM
So 100+ ranks is a decent amount to start stealing? ::hums innocently to herself::

Tsa`ah
12-11-2003, 09:23 AM
As a mod I have to say this isn't a discussion about weapons. It's a discussion about robbing idiots blind.

As a player of a rogue I have to say this ...

But he slept me really bad cause he saw I was trying to steal from him, he then dragged me to nymph road ( i couldnt type group close bceause you cant when your asleep apparently)

How very, shall we say, LAME of you. Group settings really need to be revamped to consider this type of crap.

If you're going to steal, don't puss out and hide behind mechanics. Fricking morons.

12-11-2003, 09:58 AM
( i couldnt type group close bceause you cant when your asleep apparently)

Quit trying to use OOC mechanics to avoid IC consequences to your actions, you little bitch. I hate dumb fucks like you that are HAPPY to be killed in town -- great roleplaying -- your character loves dying as long as the other person gets fined.

They should get rid of that stupid GROUP CLOSE command. I'm sure it's abused by shitheads like Warclaidhm more often than it's used properly.

Sean
12-11-2003, 10:02 AM
of course if he caught you in the tower he coulda had you arrested and since warclaidhm is too cheap to give up the 2k hed opt for the stocks and we all could have had fun fruiting warclaidhm. way to be selfish drizz