PDA

View Full Version : Two handed rapier

Lomoriond
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
You carefully inspect your silver vultite rapier.

After a careful inspection you determine that a gold-edged silver vultite rapier requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively. It appears to be a modified battle axe.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>weigh rap
You carefully examine the silver vultite rapier and determine that the weight is about 7 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>appr rap
Careful examination indicates the silver vultite rapier has a base strength of 85 and a base durability of 195. You also determine the current integrity of the silver vultite rapier to be at 100.0%.

4x blessable BATTLE-AXE rapier.

What's it worth?

Lomoriond
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
You explode into a fury of strikes and ripostes, moving with a singular purpose and will!
You swing a gold-edged silver vultite rapier at a forest trali shaman!
AS: +331 vs DS: +214 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +92 = +252
... and hit for 116 points of damage!
Powerful slash!
The trali shaman's left leg is severed at the knee!
A forest trali shaman gives a pain-filled shriek and falls to the floor grasping her mangled left leg!
The trali shaman is stunned!
AS: +331 vs DS: +157 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +22 = +239
... and hit for 100 points of damage!
Blow ruptures the stomach!
AS: +331 vs DS: +153 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +3 = +224
... and hit for 97 points of damage!
Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.
A forest trali shaman collapses upon the floor and the life fades from her eyes.
The opalescent aura fades from around a forest trali shaman.
A forest trali shaman seems to lose an aura of confidence.
The dim aura fades from around a forest trali shaman.
A forest trali shaman appears less powerful.
The light blue glow leaves a forest trali shaman.

Your series of strikes and ripostes leaves you winded and out of position.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

bubbauno
10-25-2007, 08:23 PM
That's pretty weird

Kitsun
10-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Thats freaking hilarious. I'm not sure what you can do with something like that beyond freaking people out. For novelty alone I would pay like a million for it.

Lomoriond
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Thats freaking hilarious. I'm not sure what you can do with something like that beyond freaking people out. For novelty alone I would pay like a million for it.

I use it so I can wear the fencer title and actually use a fencer weapon (without the impossible lameness of fencing weapon damage factors) but moving into full plate is going to kill the fencer look, so I may as well see if it's worth selling.

Summertime
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I would love to see what happens when you use a main-gauche with it (provided someone has the skills trained to do so)

Lomoriond
10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
I would love to see what happens when you use a main-gauche with it (provided someone has the skills trained to do so)

This isn't an edged weapon, would act like any other two handed weapon if you're holding something in your off hand (shanks your AS to nothingness)

Pretty sure the off-hand will fail to swing outright, but I've never tried to use a two hander with an off hand

This is a battle axe in EVERY way except the name of it

Drew
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Those were sold off the shelf. I've bought several in Playershops for 100-200k and sold them for about 500.

Danical
10-26-2007, 04:49 AM
I use it so I can wear the fencer title and actually use a fencer weapon (without the impossible lameness of fencing weapon damage factors) but moving into full plate is going to kill the fencer look, so I may as well see if it's worth selling.

Armor concealer.

You're golden. No worries.

StrayRogue
10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Plenty of weapons like this exist. People might pay for their rarity value, but they're not that valuable at the end of the day.